(2008/05) May 2008

jer,
think got c toy r us sellin the rainforest high chair. but cant remember which branch.... can try callin them to ck?? but i remember that it quite ex leh.... so i didnt consider it... =p

felval,
dun feel bad, it's an accident. With kids, accidents are bound to happen. If immediately after falling he cries, it's better. Cos if in a daze, like wat the PD said, means it was a real hard fall.

Jer,
The nursing room was really open concept, anyone can come in so can't blame the daddy for 'venturing' in. :p

Ant,
Hope your hubby and you are feeling better now.

oh ya, i wanna ask abt the shichida method. i rem someone mentioned its nt gd? can elaborate y?

tracie,
thanks for the an wei =) ya, he cried damn badly and machim like going to tear the hse dwn...he only quieten dwn aft i calmed dwn and latched him...we tried to analyse hw he fall la, then we conclude he sld have landed on his butt first rather than his head...otherwise sure see baluku liao...ya, like u says, with kids, accidents are bound to happen so we got to be even more careful liao.

ant,
are u on mc today? u guys ate some dirty things in jb? hope u guys are better now too =)

felval, dun feel guilty...juz be extra careful nx time...and like the other say, as long as he is nt in a daze, it shld be ok. but if u really worry...then go seek PD advise ba...

at least damien is ok wen latch on...u noe my boy cry and scream wen i tried to latch him wks back machiam like feeding him poison. so nw i dun attempt to latch him liao....heehee

diana,

guilty sure will la but i think now better liao. yest i practically cry all the time when i think of it. now i learn my lesson so i am nt taking any chance. even at my mum's place, he is on the mat on the flr now most of the time liao. dun dare to take any more chances or have him fall a 2nd time. I am not going to let tt happen again.

hahaha. urs is cry n scream when trying to latch mine is cry n scream when bottle feeding. i wonder if i give damien the training bottle with the side handles will he drink nt or he will be happily exploring n playing with it.

felval ,

ouch ...poor Damien ...dun worry he is oki he is a strong boy
happy.gif

Jorel ya ...after the rotavirus on sunday was cranky loh .But he is better yesterday .

And he nearly fall when he is sitting on my lap . He nowadays like to grab things when he see everything ....yesterday was talking to my mum and next min he ended up on the sofa .
I was been scolded by my mom and hubby ...sigh..i was being very careless cos nowadays they are very very active . And my boy done his complete flip yesterday
happy.gif

Jer ,

i need to revise some of my order ...i will PM you tonite again . Thank alot

choc,
your boy really enjoy the jumperoo... haha.. i confirm getting one for my boy after seeing that your boy enjoy it so much. haha...

felval,
Hope your boy is okay. Don be too hard on yourself. Accidents do happen.

using my phone to surf while pumping now. So a quick post.

Sigh.. Hubby going india tonight for 2 weeks. Very sad. Only baby n i at home after this evening. Don't know how it will be like. Very scare i cannot handle by myself. Then still got to work. Hopefully won't fall sick these 2 weeks.

Felval, i think our boys can do many things that we're not aware of liao. So guess have to be careful when we leave them alone. I think damien will be fine ya. Don't worry so much.
happy.gif
for the reg post, how can the organiser do that? U all shld ask them back for the money mah! So terrible. If they forgot, fine la, just return money if not, tell the whole world abt that mah. Aiyoh, can't believe got ppl like that.

jo,
congras! now u will be even more busy n got to be more watchful since jorel can flip le. no more him alone on the bed liao ok? ya, now they are v v active. anything everything also wanna grab n put into their mouths or worst, if u try to take it away from them, they scream n cry *which happens to my damien...haiz* thank God jorel landed on the sofa at least...if he lands on the flr think u will get a bigger earful frm ur mum n hubby..i am glad tt my hubby didnt scold me la. he knows i already feel v lousy..he still gives me a hug aft we put damien to slp....my dad also kept quiet just ask me to monitor him...only my mum, ask me so many qns..why n hw it happened, why i didnt do this do tt...haiz...

chobits,
thanks. he looks fine la. Still monitoring him....another 48hrs to go at least...he is now slpping sweetly aft latching him =)

felval ,

Ya ..nowadays during his nap he sleeps on the floor now ...rather putting him on the bed .
We will put him on the bed if he is in between us. If not is a no no ...ya Jorel also like to scream if he can`t get the things that he wants . Aiyoooo ....Cannot stand , from now on really must watch .

Felval- if damien’s stil as active n drinkin normally thn not a prob =) tat time when aldan fell for the 2nd time, I blamed myself too n felt v v gulity. Their actions r indeed v fast for us. Even puttin pillows ard do not help at all so nw I do not put him on the bed alone. Reali reali scared liao.
Ya, I stil lettin him wear rompers. Even bot 18mos one waitin for him to wear. Haha.. my dad dun like him to wear rompers cos he says his balls like kana crushed lidat =_= say me n my mum duno cos we nt guys. Wah damien so fast outgrow M size diapers! Aldan stil can wear thou I standby 2 packs of L size le. Keke…
I recovered le n bk to wrk today. Tink it’s the pepper lunch we ate on sat nite. Maybe din cook well or wat. I was feelin funny on sun mornin n cldnt eat my bf. Ate sm bread on our way to jb n who noes vomit all out! Sm more I was hvg my haircut n had the urge to puke, quickly ran out of the salon to the loo but halfway, cldnt ren n puked liao =( so paiseh cos I puked outside the other shop =(

Tracie- thks.. .i recovered liao but my hb stil feelin weak. I was tellin him his body system abit slow lor. Haha.. my body reacted faster thn his. Me so bad =P

Jo- aldan also likes to grab watever he sees nw! n watever he tries to grab goes into his mouth. My dad bot this rubber milk botl for him to play n he likes to suck the teat as thou he’s drinkin milk! Darn funny!!

ant1712,
there a type of accessories to extend romper. once saw a mommy sellin in the WTS thread. juz a cloth with both side to "click" on to the romper button area. but duno where it was bought. v gd for bb who r tall. so far, i cant find it. so intending to try diy to make one.. =p

felval,
so gd tat u hv a v understanding hubby. since so far, damien can play so happily, shld b ok. cheer up. =)

Felval,

dun feel bad anymore, it was an accident, no one wants it to happen ! and sometimes it is really tough for us, mummies to keep a lookout of them 24 x 7. Give him a *hug* for me.
On sun, rayden also nearly fell from the bed, i just walked a few steps to the toilet, and next min when i turned one of his legs was already hanging out of the bed, so i screamed loudly and my hubby rushed into the room to check, managed to grab him on time. Since then, now i only place him in his playpen when i need to walk away, as he is now capable of doing multiple flips at 1 time, and somemore to and fro, makes me so busy.

Tracie,

sorry, forgotten that u were away for trip and msg you ... so pai seh !

Choc,

my boi enjoys sitting inside the jumperoo but still dun know how to jump as much as your boi leh , he is still trying to learn ... hehehe

Jer,

please let me know the payment, thanks.

Dolly,
^5back! haha, so Avelyn is not alone, she has Rayden to accompany her... both don't want to eat.
happy.gif
I will try again the coming weekend, if still not successful, i might go and boil porridge for her to try. Hope you succeed soon too!

Felval
*hugs* Don't feel bad. These things happen. I know exactly how you feel cos when Avelyn fell off the bed a few months back, I think I cried more and even louder than her cos I felt sooooo bad.
happy.gif
Actually i think no need to go PD, cos that time I went they just press press her head and ask me to monitor myself. If Damien can laugh and play should be all right. Just look out for vomitting and to keep checking his fontanelle( the soft spot at the front of his head ), make sure the fontanelle remains a bit sunken in and not bulging out. If bulging out can mean increase in brain pressure from internal bleed.

choc,
wah, raphael really loves the jumperoo! Now you tempting me to buy also...but my hubby sure to nag.

ant,
hope you're feeling better. So nice to catch up on sleep, i miss my sleep too! yawn.

ant ,

ya anything ...everything ..into the mouth .OMG

choc , dolly

My son really can jump very high haha... he enjoy jumping in them
happy.gif
so fun seeing him playing it ...heeheee he very happy

wowow!! i influencing u gals with my videos ah!
hahahaa

let me know if u gals need help to order lar..i can guide u all

hohooh...alamak..my boy screaming now..hahaaa

choc, saw the video on your boy. Seems like he likes jumping alot but he didn't really touch the toys on the jumperoo. Think my boy got itchy hands, everything also want to touch and grab. He will turn round and round the jumperoo to touch the different toys then jump when he's excited. It's good to tire him out when he doesn't want to sleep. Haha..

craziepie, I also thinking of getting the ice cube trays. But don't know where to get.

anyone knows if getting from US is cheaper? Just realised my friend is in US and coming back mid Nov. Think go do and search and see.

Have anyone started making puree for your baby? Need to add anything to the puree ar? like salt, butter?

felval,
dun feel so guilty. U r not the first mummy and u will not be the last. Juz monitor Damien for the time being. If he can play and laff, it shd not be too bad. After all, we are humans and we do make mistakes. We juz need to learn frm them, that's all. Understand your feelings, I cried longer than my ger after her fall, never felt such heartache in my life before. *Hugs*

choc,
Raphael so happy in the jumperoo. He looked as if he's walking.

jo,
my ger too will put anything that she can lay her hand on into her mouth. Once, she tried to put her soiled diaper into her mouth, stopped her when she tried pulling it near her mouth. Lots of cleaning has to be done on more frequent basis.

cheri,
dun worry. I'm sure u will do juz fine w/o Mal for that 2 weeks and Matthias will behave himself. Gambatae.

ant,
I oso bought 18mos rompers for my ger. She recently develops this 'flashing' habit, kept pulling her top up, even dresses too. That's why I prefer to let her wear rompers.

mummies who gone thru C-sect,
do u experience any ache at or ard your wound? Recently, I experienced some ache ard my wound when I stretch. I wonder if it's normal. If not, I hv to consult my gynae.

HIhi Mummies

Been a few days since I log in. Pardon me for lost in e thread again

Ant,
Glad to know u r better le.

Choc,
Raphael is getting more and more handsome wor! Hehe, e jumperoo video so cute. But I noticed he used 1 leg to bounce only. Sorry ah, me suaku, nv see the real jumperoo in action before.

Felval,
*Hugs* Damien will be fine. Juz monitor him for the next 72 hrs. SInce his behavior still normal, everything should be ok. Think Erica knows Damien got hurt, she sure very sad one. When I see u in person next time, I ask Erica to give Damien a hug ok? My Erica can kiss ppl liao. Keke... With her saliva all over...

Erica after Rotavirus got runs wor. So consider is watery loh. Yellowish, watery. Poor gal she tt time had runs for 2 days, average ard 6-8 times. Tt's y so skinny now.

Ur hubby ok lah, my mum oso said tt to me last time when I fall down n cry. She always comfort me say must fall down den will grow taller. N I stupidly believe in it when I was a child loh.

Haiz, Reg post hor, take it as we suay loh. Give charity to the organizer since they so cheapo, 2.24 also wanna kapok. Sigh, times are hard man...

Cheri,
My friend told me Tanglin Mall got sell Earth Best cereal. Tt time I oso tot of shipping in but my friend told me Sg got sell at Tanglin Mall. Alternatively, I think I ever chance upon Earth Best Food Jars at NYUC Finess at Thomson. But not sure if they carry the cereal. For the shop at Tanglin, Think the store is at the basement if I remember correctly.

Craziepie,
The covered Ice cube trays can be found at Isetan or BHG Bugis. I think it's selling at $6.60 per tray. I got mine at BHG.

gdame,
I think u are referring to numbness at the wound area issit? I experienced tt still. My gynae told me is becos the nerves are rebuilding itself there, that's why we do feel kinda weird there.

cheri & craziepie,
u can get the babycubes from little jet plane from the above link at $12 by oct.
they having promotion. better act fast

wanted to get too but my mil says dun freeze baby's food.
wan to let him eat just prepare everyday...

jer,
when u closing ur spree?
want to join too. but i kinda slow
if u urgent, nvm abt me, order first
looking thru the babymall is such a difficult task
so many things to buy...
wanna cut down, if not hubby gonna scold

choc, i m interested to spree but dunno hw to
maybe when u see me on msn, can teach me?

Morning ladies...

Jer,
Wow...so wat did u put inside ur porridge? we hv to soak the rice 1st hor?

Feval,
Dun blame urself ya...Its an accident hor...Ur bb will forgive u e *hugz*..

Choc,Jer,
U want to get the rainforest jumperoo?Cos i read here sometime ago, someone posted that there will be a fisher price warehouse sales in Lok Yang in Dec ...sure hv good grabs de...so wait for the sales lor.. can save and get more toys for our little ones..

Ant,
My hb also gana food posioning yest lor..Vomitted and LS afew times, now on e way to see doc liao...so kelian lor..

gdame,
I onli feel itchyness ard my wound there wor..sometimes backaches lor...U feel pain ard ur wound there? any redness?

Cheri,
I started giving my ger pear and apple puree onli lor...CANNOT put salt or butter in their puree de..they supposed to eat "plain" things now wor cos their digestive system not fully developed yet wor..

cheri,
yep, as feifei says, dun add salt. best to eat plain. think kidney not fully developed yet. addin the salt wil make it work harder. not gd.

i started my gal on sweet potato n pumpkin. she dun like pumpkin, so make pear puree last nite... tonight wil feed her again to c if she like it... but hor, i kana scold by polyclinic nurse for weanin my gal. she says dietician says shld b after 6mths. mayb u want to ck with ur pd to confirm??

cheri..
first attempt on jumperoo mah... heheee..so he jump and jump like there is no tomolo... LOL
i agree...good to tired him out, by the time i take him out...he "seh seh" liao

Ei...Pureee CANNOT ADD SALT... baby cannot take...

kelcqi..
yalor...i laugh and laugh when i see he using one leg to jump... i tot why leh..heng man...
when he tried on the one at my mum place..he using both leg..phew..

icebubbles..
can can..u msn me lar..i can guide u..yeah! i am so happy just seeing how happy my boy is when he is inside...

feifei..
i personally feel cannot wait till december lar..for the sale..if wan to get..either get it in local stores or overseas lor..
coz by dec, our babies grown up liao...ard 8mths liao... bo hua to buy....

poky,
Ask u hor, sweet potato will cause bb to hv more wind? I tinking of giving her but someone told me it will cause bb to hv more wind so i hesitating now..

feifei,
i also hear that wil cause wind. but my gal dun hv. i give her half an ounce every nite. so i think up to individual bb ba...

morning ladies,
Can I ask are those babycubes good to use? thinking whether to buy or buy those avent via cups to store. need some advise.

choc,
After letting my hubby see your boy in action in the jumperoo, we decide to buy this weekend. woo.. haha.. hope my boy like it too...

feifei,
think its better to buy early too, if not baby will not utilise the toy ya. =)

feifei,
u can try for a day or two, if c got anythin, wind, dun like, then immediately changed lor.. =p

yep. b tryin the papaya or peas nxt wk ba... i only started my gal two wks ago. first wk eat sweet potato. this wk suppose to eat pumpkin, but she dun like it. cry while eatin, so no choice, hv to throw the whole batch n last min make pear puree instead... but duno if she like the pear puree also... hv to c her reaction tonight... else,, tmr hv to go buy other fruits back to make puree liao...

chobits,
i hv the avent via cups also. but that one so big. baby cubes can store in 1 or 2 ounces. smaller portion. each time feed, juz take 1 cube, instead of 1 big cup. =p

bside, think avent via cups not suppose to sterilise too many times.... so only intent to use it for chiller, not freezer.. =p

Re:Jumperoo
was tempted to buy last time. bought the normal delexue by mistake instead. wanted the rainforest one.. my gal stil duno how to appreciate, n hubby scare later she get bowed legs from over jumpin, so sold off. now targetin only at exersaucer. =p

poky & feifei,

i heard from old folks before tat sweet potato can 'fang feng' that is to expel the wind out de, but nt to sure abt it.

finally, daryl gng to be 6mths this sunday. can start him on semi solid liao. can check wif u all wat type of blender u all using to make puree? i chance upon a kenwood food processor cum blender in best denki which is hving promotion....any one noe if this is good?

thks in advance.

chobits,
ya lor...me still tinking abt it 1st...Now is deciding btw this jkumperoo and walker..but most likely will get e walker..

poky,
will do so..tks ya..
Bb sure love pear de..My ger hor, i onli gave her alittle, then when finish, I told her no more liao, she will be looking for it and then she eheheh...she loves it lor.. =)..
Which type of pear u use? I using the green pears lor, steam and blend, bery good texture aft that..

poky,
ya, think the avent cups can only use to sterilse 3 or 4 times. I don intend to freeze the food. Just want to prepare a few feeds in advance so that I can easily prepare the food and no need to prepare it everyday. =) lazy mummy. haha...

exersaucer is a good buy also. I think of getting the exersaucer before. But hubby think its good for baby to do some excercise by jumping lor. hehe...

Ladies,
Another question, when starting cereal, do it once a day for 4 days in a row or can i start 2 times a day?

gals ,

So envy see you all babies start wearning ...as Jorel will be doing only another 2 weeks time only . Taking his third jab this sat ....can`t wait to see what is his expression when trying out all the food
happy.gif

tinkerbelle,
just smsed you...in case you read this thread earlier than you saw my sms, can we arrange to meet up to collect my music cube this evening? if this evening not ok, let me know which weekday you ok and i will make arrangement.

jo,
i cannot tahan and fed my baby his first puree when he is only 5 months and 1 week old! gave him Gerber first food, flavour is applesauce.
he was a bit confused when it first went into his mouth....
ytday i tried again, and he seems to like it better....will open his mouth just a teeny wee bit.

Poky,
what is exersaucer?
see so many mummies buying the jumperoo, i very very tempted leh...but its so expensive! with my hubby on half time, i have to watch my $$...but really very tempting...especially when you say your babies enjoy them

btw mummies, my baby is already 5 months and 1 week plus...still don't know how to flip...seems like very slow hor....
dolly u said rayden can do multiple flips, wow!! when did he start doing that?

Diana,
angela's gal tummy bloat some when she take sweet potato. thus she caution on feedin sweet potato. got monitor, but my gal, dun appear to hv, so i continue lor.. as mention.. different bb, different reaction mah. =)

think the instruction manual in the avent cups also mention not to sterilise til wear n tear.. thus i dun dare to use for freezin.. lifespan sure v short ah....

feifei,
i using China yellow pear, the roundy type.. cos last min make. only got that at home last nite... the taste a bit rough although i blend it till foamin liao... v much differnet from sweet potato n pumpkin, hwich r creamy type...

after makin, i try a spoon at my gal, but she dosent seem to enjoy leh.. or is it bcos she seh laio... was ready to slp liao when i finish makin??? tonight wil know hte ans.... =p

chobits,
me also lazy... i make a wk worth of puree... sepearate in 7 cubes. for me, i try not to use chilled food that r more than 2days... kiansi... =p

i bought a prelove one at $20 to try her reaction. no toys one... i put the toys i bought on the tray instead.... she now enjoy sittin in it, much more than bumbo, n also safer, so decided to get anohter one to put at my place when we transfer the current to my inlaws place. buyin again a preloved one.... wanted to save money buy only gettin another prelove, but in the end, this prelove also v ex... $200 but i like it v much... so no choice... own pocket instead of combine acc..there goes my 13mth bonus... =(

i hvnt start cerels, so no comments... =p

jorel_mum,
i started my gal early. kana scold by the nurse.... hahaha but i read from books that if all signs show liao.. delay too long, will cause the chub to lose interest in tryin food instead... so i went ahead to try weanin her instead of waitin to reach her 24wks... but only fews early la.... opss...

felval,
When they reach 3-4 years old and know more vocab, very fun to tease them, sometime they will act like adult which is kind of funny. Just the other day, i told my #1 that ah gong coming to stay with us you like it? then he replied "yes i like" i asked him why he like? He replied "becos ah gong got money!" i told my fil what he said then my fil asked him again then my son replied "becos i love ah gong"
i saw the apple+strawberry flavour at ntuc at khatib there one. so far i only let my baby tried banana, still haven finish yet cos each time i gave him about 4-5 pieces once a week cos the biscuit is at my mother place. btw how's Damien? He should be fine right since you mentioned that he is smiling and playing happily.

poky,
i tempted to buy but must discuss with hubby first.

feifei,
so far i cook white porridge with sweet potatoe or pumpkin, today will be cooking spinach other then that i add nothing liao no seasoning. I never soak the rice, i just cook as per normal then i use sieve to mash it before serving him. After mashing it will be like puree. I bought the pigeon brand metel cup is for cooking porridge in rice cooker one then it comes with the sieve which works very well.
i not intending to buy jumperoo cos sure got a lot of objection from my parents plus no place to put too cos my in laws gonna move in with us for a few months but i intending to buy the rainforest highchair.
I gave my boy sweet potatoe too, so far no problem only thing is he fart a lot.

Back