(2008/05) May 2008

chobits...wait for me to get my final bill ya..i update u...
i check liao lor..toys rus selling 239..normal stall 249...
the cheapest during taka sale is 190+...

i shld be getting ard 160-180 range... heheee..its the fun part of shipping..i also go ship in my own milkbag!YEAH! heheheee...

i let u gals know my final bill how much k..then u all can decide to buy from SG or ship from amazon ya...

hohohh....

felval..
i order from amazon.. i let u noe again ya...coz i havent noe how much the total cost..dun wan to drag all of u in..unless is cheap..then i recommend hor... =)

chantelle...1000! i got see wrongly bo.???? u can look at preg prego lar..this brand very good..sturdy.... ard 700+ lor..can face front...model i cant remember...
mine is capella... i buy 170++ nia! heheheee..got sale mah...me very cheapo one..dun be like me,now regret...shld have gotten a bigger one.. my boy so BIG... alamak

Felval- I also try to wash all the clothes so tat all wil be dry by the wkend n ready to be ironed. Last time sahm, stil can hang out to dry but nw only can wash at nite. Smtimes wil ask my hb to put to wash if he’s at home in the afternn. I wash aldan’s clothes separately. Accumulate 1 wk thn wash. Wahaha… my hb nw say can start try for no. 2 liao! pengz… he c aldan so cute, dun mind another one. I say he say like so easy! Jus plant a seed can liao whereas we hv to go thru the preg n labour n confinemt again! So I refused to gv in. haha! earliest also mid nxt yr thn try.
Damien stil refusin botls? Even when he’s reali hungry?
Aldan also wakes up v early. This mornin he woke up at 6am, latched him barely 5mins he dun wan liao n wan to play! =_=

Chantelle- I also usin capella, find gd enough liao. there’s another range where the handle is reversible for this brand.

morning ladies =) its midweek!!! halfway to a long weekend. yippie! hehehe

tracie,
oh. when can I find it? like planet travellers or those shops selling winter clothes ah?

jo,
so far havent seen any in sg yet so i called up the sg distributor for fisherprice. they told me Robinsons is selling it but they duno hw much its selling for. However, the distributor is willing to let go at $30 if I do a bulk purchase of 12units of it. its selling for USD15 if order online. aft conversion to sg + shipping charge i think ard 20+++ close to 30??? duno is it worth to get it online since USD is gaining strength now. let me call Robinsons and update u later ya.

choc,
ok. keep us updated =) Thanks alot.

ant,
ya lo. last time sahm still got time to hang out to dry coz at hm all the time mah. hehehe. if ur hubby at hm in the aftnn can help is gd but mine cant lo. recently my estate here doing re-painting wk so need to close windows when nt ard. so if my clothes dun dry and i hang them indoor the moisture will linger ard nt gd lo.

hahahaa. so fast ur hubby ready for #2 ah? tell him 1 one already so busy go for #2 now even worst ah. ya lo. they plan seed we go thro the pain n etc, then aft tt will they help to look aft or throw to us?

damien is a notti boy la. if he hungry he will drink abt 10 to 20ml then scream n cry again n throw tantrums...even my parents say he is a difficult child to look aft as comparing to my bro n me. somemore damien v active...the only time i can feed him w/o him crying n screaming is when he is slpping -_-'''

i dun mind damien waking up early on weekdays...but weekends!? hehehe. i wanna slp in abit lo...if he wakes up at 830am i dun mind la. ahhaha. i v bad ah.

jumperoo is very good... my gal loves to play in it.. btw robinsons is selling at 190. members get 5% rebate in their statement quite worth it i got mine at robinsons centrepoint.

Felval ,

I think SGD30 for that 1 is oki leh ...that if we got 12 units lah !!

Maybe you want to arrange a bulk purchase ..i will be in ..oki
happy.gif

felval ,

Aiya ...Jorel sama sama lah ....always wake up very early . He will wake up at 7am wake up and sleep back and wake up 9 plus .

Anyone of you interested in the Fisher Price Tabletop play mat mah? I have called the sg distributor and he is willing to sell at $30 if we buy 12units. Robinsons is selling at $39.90 and only 3units left. Even if Robinsons is having 20% discount, its going for $31.92

You can view the item from the link below:
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=detail&pid=40122&pcat=miracles_milestones

The toys at the side can be detected and the mat is foldable so can bring out to use too. Anyone keen can add the name to the list. If by today 3pm I can get 12ppl then I will buy from the store directly. Thanks.

1) Felval

jumperoo..
ei..cheri..the more i think ah..the rest interested to buy a jumperooo cant afford to wait till next taka fair leh..
though selling 190++.. but by then our babies already grown up lor
hahaaa..which is why i shipped in now since i can save abit...

cant compare exchange rate lar... if saying save 10 bucks no point..then why u tag on the leg warmers to save a few dollars?
hahaaaaa...

Re: Fisher Price Tabletop Playmat

12units for SGD$30
1) Felval
2) Jo

Jo,
hehehe. gd thing Jorel goes back to slp...damien dun. he will wake up then flip n turn, in the process, kick n hit us with his big actions..then when we go out for bfast says 9++ 10am he will fall aslp in the car...funi boy. nowadays he likes to slp in the car, hahaha. must be coz of the moving motion. then once we reached the carpark at my place he will wake up again. heheh

Felval,

hahaha rayden is having the same pattern as Damien. Just like this morning, he woke up at 6am, to kick and flip, which disturb my sleep. If not in the past, even if he is awake, he will be lying down quietly while i continue with my sleep.... so sometimes it is contridicting, i used to worry that he dun flip, but now he flip, i missed the time when he can lie down guai guai.

Hi Cheri,

I just ordered my Jumperoo via Amazon on the 15th Oct 08 and received it on the 20th Oct 08.

In total, I paid about SGD160 for the Jumperoo, shipping charges at SGD68 via Boderlinx. Volumetric Weight at only 10.5kg.

Now Amazon is also selling the Jumperoo at USD65.

We decided to get the Jumperoo now 'cos we feel that our DD is ready for the fun of it.
We don't see the point of buying it 2mths ago and keep until DD is ready for it.
That is also no point for May Mummies to wait till next Baby Fair to buy, by then DD might outgrow it.

You can't say that we didn't get a good deal, as there is no sale at the moment, Kiddy Palace is selling at SGD200+ for the Jumperoo. So we manage to get the item below SGD180, is already consider a great savings to us. Even if its SGD 10 different only, its still money saved.

I feel that, if planned to ship now, then you have to look at SG if there is any other better deal, if there isn't then can consider to buy, if you don't want to buy 2nd-hand or rent.

hi mummies,

sorry to intrude..

any of u who intend to continue bf via expressing bm n using medela pump, i hv the following brand new accessories to let go. reason being, i bot extras n i intend to stop bf soon, so no use for me..

1. quick clean wipes (1 packet)
2. bags, micro-steam disinfecting (1 packet)
3. soft-fit breast shield (2 boxes)

anyone interested, pls pm me or email me at [email protected]. thks

Felval- he say like v easy cos he dun hv to wake up at nite! N like nt much change to his life, jus the addition of a baby to play w so dun mind another one. ytd aldan pooed n he quickly left him on the bed n stand a distance away n tell me to hurry chg him!! Kept sayin v smelly, he cannot tahan! Thn while I chg him, he went to watch tv =_= cannot imagine w 2nd one, everything I hv to do, sure pengsan one.

Dolly- yalor! Haha.. we v contradicting hor. Aldan likes to mess up his cot nw! everything all over the plc n he kept kickin the side of the cot or put his leg up there! Buey tahan

jo- saw in ur blog tat jorel likes to suck his toes, aldan also!! he lagi best, can pull out his socks n suck his toes! or suck his socks until so wet!

felval,
very tempted to get the table top playmat...let me think for it a while longer...

today my baby in a super foul mood...chow chow face all the way, cry and cry while we preparing for work also. reached infant school, the teachers tried to make him laugh..but he continue grumpy face...finally one teacher managed to make him chuckle.
didn't know babies have moods also!

Hi ladies, good afternoon! On MC today. Got a bad headache this morning and went to see doctor, he said I can only take panadol. Diaoz.. Lucky only need to pay $5.

Hey choc and girl, I think you all got my msg wrong. I didn't say that saving 10 bucks is pointless. I'm just advising on the shipping cost and of cos not asking May mummies to wait till Taka fair, just stating that it's the cheapest I saw la. Anyway, think won't explain further to avoid more distortion. Someone mentioned that Robinsons selling at $190 so mummies who cannot wait perhaps can get from there.

And choc, thanks for helping me order the leg warmers.

Tracy, now I remembered you mentioning that time that you are going on business trip. Is your boy on total breastmilk now? So you got enough supply in the freezer ar? Think it's quite tough to go business trip while breastfeeding. That time, got a lady joined my milkbag spree and told me she always travelling then her baby only like 3 months old. Then she said she needed alot of milkbags cos she needs to use them during her trips and her trip is very long kind like few weeks. Really peifu those mummies who still breastfeed when they have to go on business trip. I think I cannot bear being separated with my son especially when I left my mum's place just now, he kept crying and when I walked off from the door, he cried even louder. So young already know all these. So heartwarming..

felval, since you can get the tabletop at discounted price, you shld ask them if the rainforest jumperoo can get discount mah. Hehe.. I also thgt of getting the push walker for him leh. Haha.. Cos that time saw toy'r'us got promo. Keke.. But really like abit too early, then again they grow up so fast and before you know it, they will start walking. Recently I feel like being a SAHM and also thgt of switching job to become a teacher. But times are bad now, think just stick to my job first.

Re: Teacher
Any mummies here are teacher? Hmm.. Just wondering how is it like to be one cos am rather interested to take up that challenge yet afraid to do a career switch now.

Re: GAP/Old Navy Spree
I'm currently doing a spree cos want to get shirt rompers for my boy and will close tonight cos got 20% off. Already got some orders so if anyone interested can join.

Re: Cereal
Which rice cereal did you all get ar? Thinking to get some from US cos MIL wants to buy shampoo from there.

Re: Passport
Wanted to ask about this but forgot. Any mummies brought your babies to get a passport for them? How long is the processing and how to take their photo ar? Cos want to do it in case we're going for a trip. Please advise.

Cheri,
I was told by ICA, the processing time is 4 days. We DIY our my boy passport photo ! we lie him down on a white towel (make sure it is very white), we even have lighting cos got shadow, we use a table lamp and took with our digital camera and get the photo shop to process in passport size. To be perfect make sure the mid point of the whole picture is the nose of baby.

Or you are photoshop expert, think you can just change the background to white.

actually I haven't receive his passport yet, but havent got any calls that is not ok. But I was told that's how a lot of people do ..

cheri- dun be teacher! haha... my hb used to be an ex-teacher but quitted cos too stressed liao. he's nw doin relief teachin n givin pte tuition. thou income nt stable but he's happier thn b4. ppl tink tat teachers v shiok, got 3mths sch hols but it's nt lor. need to attend meetings, plan lessons, mark, etc. i saw hw my hb had to wake up at 4am to finish markin n set papers!
oh for passport, u jus go online n apply. i also diy my boy's photo. tot wil nt pass thru but it was approved! keke.. v fast, only 3-4 wrkg days can collect liao. gonna collect this comin fri.

felval,
ya based on others experiences, lotsa of time #1 will get jealous but my boy instead of jealous he get angry when i said "didi is mine!" then he will shout "NO! Didi is mine and i love didi!" Like didi belomg to him only. i also forgot to take picture for Keon first meal but i took all picture for all the pureen i made. Wah, you are tempting me to buy Fisher Price Tabletop Playmat, need to consider first.
pooh,
can give me the thread link on protein powder increase milk supply?

Re: teething biscuits
actually teething biscuits shouldnt be hard. It supposed to melt in the mouth like M&M chocolate. haven give any teething biscuits to Keon yet but had let him tried gerber star puffs(cant really remember what is the actual name), i break it into small tiny bits and feed him and he loves it, he got angry when i stop feeding him cos dun want to give him too much.

Chantelle,
I am using Capella with the reversible handle. I think if you got the budget then buy a better one, dun really recommend capella reversible handle stroller.

Cheri.
yupz he's still on total breastmilk
happy.gif
I can't bear to leave him behind too but cannot be helped. Was telling my hubby i worry when i return he will not want my breasts anymore *sob sob*

For passport, i also lie him on the rocker with a white cloth a background, took a few shots then send the best one to ICA. I applied online. they process very fast now. within 3 working days i got the collection notice. And collection also very fast if you keep to your appt time. Reach there, take Q number and we were called even before we sat down. So eh, parking coupon no need tear so long ah. We tore 1hour ticket :S

dolly,
Rayden slps with u on the bed and nt in his cot during the nite slp ah? hahaha. i agree. its contridicting how we feel. we worry if their progress is slow and when they finally progressed we miss the gd old days. i think we will be missing alot of gd old days as they progress. hehehe.

ant,
wah! ur hubby says v easy ah? he win liao lo. hahaha. ur hubby nv changed aldan's soiled diapers b4? he gd life le, no wonder he thinks its easy. =P ya lo. imagine if 2 babies, then both poo together then ur hubby throw to u. if me i also faint. think best is wait for #1 to be older than have #2...tts why i plan 3yrs apart. hehehe. gd for parents and gd for the #1. =P

ant/jo,
damien also likes to suck his right big toe nowadays. he also dun like to wear socks but at least he dun sucks with his socks on la. he will kick n kick at the socks till it comes off..headahce...

buttercup,
ya, babies have their own moods too lo. my boy also la. sometimes he dun smile and will fuss n fuss...haiz.

cheri,
hmmm..true...hahaha but i nv ask =P
Re: push walker
ya, abit too early la but i thot end yr is always a gd time to get bargains coz christmas coming up and there is bound to have some discounts here n there. call me cheapo. hahaha. my hubby always say i am so kiasu or gan jiong why wanna get so early..y nt wait till damien can realli start to walk with assistance then buy. i am in no hurry to get walker la, just look see for gd bargains but if i found a gd bargain i just grab liao. dun care wat my hubby says. hehehe. oh, why suddenly u wanna be a sahm? wat prompted u to have the thot? like wat ant says, dun be a teacher. its nt easy being a teacher nowadays...nt just abt teaching, its abt nourishing the kids too and also all the admin wks, planning, cca bleah bleah bleah. even sch holidays, my gf also have to be in sch most of the time to plan for the next sem...private tutor mayb yes but sch teachers? i dun encourage =P
Re: rice cereal
we got the Heinz organic rice cereal. hmm...wonder hw it tastes with the bm =P mayb i will attempt to try a spoonful when i feed my boy =P

jer,
wahhaha! ur #1 so cute, even "argue" with u over the "ownership" of #2. hehehe. however, its a gd thing la! ahahha. at least he dun get jealous and he dotes on #2 so much u can be well assured he will take gd care of #2. btw, hw u raise #1 to be such a gd boy? do u always talk to him abt his didi when u were preg with #2? teach me le, so i know how to handle when trying for #2. hehehe. i must rem to take his first meal so i can develop into photos n put into the album. heehee. the tabletop playmat looks gd ho? hahaha.
Re: teething biscults
i actually wanted to buy the gerber star biscults *comes in a bottle type rite?* too coz looks gd le but my hubby asked me hw many things i wanna buy coz damien cant eat them yet! so i kuai kuai get one only. ahahha. Keon likes it coz its sweet izit? did u try? now then i know hw ex biscults for kids are lo...small small qty only selling $5+ $6...mayb i sld make biscults for damien myself =P

hiya ladies,
Today bring my boy to see PD. his face is full of mosqito bites. so xin tong.

anyone know where i can get this fisherprice rainforest piano?
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-M2601-Rainforest-Rainbow-Piano/dp/B000WU7ES4/ref=combo_pack_i_27
went to toys r us just now, but din see it. want to compare prices again. haha..

re:push walker
Must be careful when babies are using it. My nephew when learning to learn and fell down when he push the push walker.

choc,
will wait for your update? you ship via?

tracie,
how does the biscults taste like? sweet sweet? hehehe

chobits,
aiyo. any adult supervising ur newphew when he push the push walker? i think when they arent stable on their legs they sure bound to fall unless got adult supervise n fast enuff to catch the falling child..if nt it cld be dangerous...for once it was my hubby who initiated to get the push walker. hahahaha. normally i am the one who buys toys and nt him =P

felval
I think quite a few adults around. Ya, coz my nephew was learning to walk that time and still not stable. That why he had a fall. After when he is very steady, he actually love that toy very much. Just need to be careful during the learning stage.=)

cheri,
I am thinking of doing career switch to pri sch teacher too. Still considering

RE: Sucking toes
my ger loves to do that too, with lots of sound. She can do it even when she's sitting upright. *Faint*

Hi Diana.. sorry i din reply yday & didn't come today as I was feeling my head heavy.. My ger also tummy alot of wind... and vomited .. sigh.. somemore raining so i just dun feel like going. Besides my ger scare of strangers and loud sounds.. so worried I have to pacify her instead of sitting thru the class. I didn't know the class so big until Tinkerbelle reminded me to register with TMC.. I haven't done that!

So were there 30mothers? Just curious.

good morning ladies.

Babylynn, it ok...nt an issue.

i dun noe how many mothers turn up...but the class rather crowd although there are some mummies who register liao but nv turn up lah.

i only managed to let my boy tried the porridge. after tat he throw temper liao...coz he wan to koon...wahahaha...then after he nap awhile and wake up, we let him tried, smashed carrot and banana.

pity tat dun hv time to chat wif the rest of the may mother....nx time ba...

RE: Push walker
haha.. again Keon will be using his kor kor playskool push walker, already took it out from storage but haven let him try yet, think its still early for them. My elder boy never really used it as a aid for him to learn walking, mostly he sit on it as it can be converted into car.

felval,
ya my #1 will argue with me, just an hour ago he was angry with me again, i teased him that didi is mine and i went into the toilet to bath for Keon. When i step out of the toilet my #1 stare at me like want to fight and was crying, i asked him what happen? He shouted "Didi is mine!" Then i told him ya didi is yours didi love you then straight away he smile and said ok.
When i pregnant, firstly i make sure no one said things like "you naughty, next time i sayang didi dun sayang you" this sort of sentences, a lot of time when i explained to ppl dun said these things, they will tell me "joking with him only" but the thing is at that time my boy is 3 years old, 3 years old kid do not know that it is a joke so i have to tell them i dun want him to think that when didi is born then no one will love him anymore, it will cast a shadow over him then he will dislike his didi, even my hubby will said those kind of sentences unintentionally then i will give him a glare and straight away he will tell Kiern, "nono papa love you and didi also ok?". Secondly, i let him be invovled in the pregnancy journey with me, like pre-natal check up 98% he is there with me, more than my hubby lor then will explain to him during ultrascan that, that is didi. Every night i will ask him to either sing or talk to didi before going to sleep and "sayang my tummy", asked him to say good night to didi then i will kiss him and tell him didi asked mummy to kiss you because you are a good kor kor and didi said good night to you too. Before i gave birth, hubby bought a toy for him and said is from didi cos didi said "you are good korkor" then he in turns chose a present for his didi which we never told him to, he just took a toy while we were shopping one day and insist he want to buy that for didi. when i gave birth already in the hospital we gave him present and said is a greeting gift from didi. I make until like didi idolize him like this, haha.

Tracie,
you tried that biscuit? haha.. i asked my sis to try she said the banana flavour is very strong that why she dun like it. My sis is like my baby food tester, i even asked her to try those commercial food jar and she said the taste is super horrible.

RE: semi-solid food
mummies who had intro semi-solid food to baby for a few weeks, how many meals a day do your baby take? If more than one then what is your baby meal schedule?

Jer ,

Read the way how you intro your little one to your No1 . Good and nice way ...
happy.gif

Will surely try your method if i will have my second 1
happy.gif

Your No1 really very sensible and good boy and he is only 3yrs old .

But he is tall at his age
happy.gif

felval,
tried the chemical warmer last night...fail
sad.gif
not hot enough, in fact, i dun even find it warm at all.

Jer,
My elder gal also didn't use the walker to aid in her when learning to walk. I also converted it into a scooter and she prefers riding on it.

cheri,
we also applied for my baby's passport online. very fast! was very amazed by the speed we rec'd a collection notice via post and email.
for the photo, hee hee, we went to buy a pc of majong paper..put him ontop and took a pic
then we cropped the head out...and send it online.
ICA was super good, removed the shadow for us!

chobits,
i also brought my baby to see the PD today cause his face got two pox like spots and his left arms have several of these pox like spots...
very worried.
luckily the PD say its most likely skin infection due to maybe insect bites and not chicken pox.
so me at home taking care of my cranky baby.

Hi all =) busy day for me. Nw thn gt time to login.

Felval- he gd life lah. Everything I do one lor. He chg his diapers when only pee! Poo he run far far away =(
Aldan pulled his socks out! Thn becm so loose. Reali headache lor! Or suck until the socks so wet thn goten chg new one. Pengz

Jer- shall keep ur post in remembrance to refer to when I hv my no. 2. keke

**Fisher Price Year End warehouse sale**

5th Dec - 14 Dec
7A, Lok Yang Way
Lim's Manufacturing Building
S(628623)

Time for another big hole in the pocket.......

Buttercup ,

Hope your boy get well soon ....!!

Winnedy , Choc
thank you for sharing the sale on Fisher price .

opss sorry . We dd not get the play mat from the supplier anymore .

We get directly from Robinson yesterday .

buttercup,
ya lor, my bb also full of those spots and worse still all in his face. so worry that he will scratch himself and leave a scar. yours also cause by mosquito?

chobits,
i also dun know cause by what? its those big like pox kind...we search his entire sleeping area but found no other insects...and the PD say it is not chicken pox....so the other usual suspect is mosquito, and due to baby more sensitive skin, 1 bite to adult is a tiny swelling but to baby is a huge welt.
i went kiddy palace thinking of buying a mosquito net for his cot...but so expensive lor....its SGD39.90! so didn't buy
now, i switched on those uv lights by his bedside, hopefully can chase away the mozzies.

ladies,
mothercare is having attractive discounts for their weaning things! 40%
i bought spoons, pots, weaning cups, etc all for about $30 only....2 weaning pots that i have been eyeing for a month, now selling for only $6! usual was $12
happy.gif

thanks Jo, i also hope he will get well soon....took him to isetan shopping just now and the salesgirl immediately noticed and commented on his slash on his face (he did it himself one as usual) and the poxes...
he now not nice looking already.

Back