(2008/04) April 2008

esther : i really dunno y leh. 10 times we eat out without maid, 10 times he poo. With maid, he won't poo. And he choose the time when our meal just came. So coincident meh? Maybe purposely one. haha

jules...so cute and funny... aiyo...he poo whenever u dine out..i still remmeber last month i went to suntec and halfway eating i smell the poo poo too...then sian 1/2 coz hard to find changing room so just wipe while he standing in toilet...wipe till pek chek...bring him to basin to wash...

hai...dirty..end up..no appetite to makan.. lol...

Choc,
LOL... Yan is a greedy gal... Dun see she small small... She really eat all kinds of la sup... Wahahaha... Our trick to eating in resturants is white rice... She LOVES white rice other than that we feed her anything on our plate that she can eat. We also sometimes give her a plastic bowl and spoon that she can play masa masa usually that will entertain her for a long time until she starts throwing it and realise that we will pick it up for her... then if she gets sick of the high chair, i will let her sit on my lap and then she will be happy if i feed her anything that i am eating. Then when daddy is done, daddy will bring her go kai kai... There was once i even fed her wanton noodles those dry type with chilli... Our friend just eat happily... see la... the la sup she eat chilli also not scared...

amy...wow....Yanyan consider not bad leh... my boy also love white rice..hahaa..next time can pair up and eat together....

she also can eat food with chilli? maybe i kiasi+kiasu...still havent try...hahaa...scared leh...

i tink our kids are similar...got to cry for attention..sob sob... so must always bring stuff to entertain them =(

No lah, I think when she eat strand by strand the noodle will not be that spicy lah... Its more like i pek chyke coz everything i eat she want so i eat chilli let her try lor... then maybe next time she will know not everything mummy eat she can eat one :p Scarly she can tahan... hahahaha...

i tink ur gal can take spicy food... good also lar...can have more variety of food next time..unlike my boy...si mi also dun wan...so selective...can teach my boy how to eat? lol

die..i am going crazy over california baby products..coz got on going BP, do u all use conditioner for ur babes? lol... i wan to try all bubbles bath..help!!

choc, wat's with the bubble bath that you like it so much? I feel that CB stuff too expensive. I only bought it as gift for close relative before...

esther... highly recommend the calming range... =) i like the smell and the bubbles lar... then my boy love the bubbles so much...he so happily playing with it...
so he like=i like=i buy...hahaa

CB stuff more gentle on skin lar...coz when i use J&J, my boy will have some rashes on his forehead and body....so tt time see liao xim tiaa..so switch lor..though slightly more exp... but use on my boy mah... ok lar...at most i spend lesser on myself lor =P

see the below picture...i even buy the blow bubbles thing.. hahaa..

2636864.jpg

wah.. thanks for explaining and even posted a pic of your boy enjoying! Think probably I will just get one bot of bubble bath to try out! =)

choc : my son likes e bubble bath too. my friend got me e love one. can't remember e name. then I got e one for cranky. phael looks so happy in there. during e hols my 9 or old cousin played bubble bath with ju. Hehe.

amy : yan can take chilli ah. train from young. Hehe. I wanna let ju try my hubby stop me. haha.

white rice : ju only like japanese rice leh. thai rice he spit out.
sad.gif
will keep trying la.

Cote Gr: so far I can't really tell if X is less frustration. Cos I feel the really useful one he can show us is when he wanna poo and after he pooed. He will tap on his diaper to tell us he needs to change.

Other signs he knows are: bye bye, flying kiss, thank you, ask for more, wash his hands, comb his hair, brush his teeth.

His own language for drinking is "ber ber" to differentiate from eating.

Jule' mum: Ju sure knows what is good stuff.. hahhahaa

Hi Mummies,
My boy is also a signing baby! He is now at vol 4: Baby Signing Time.

He started watching baby signing time when he was 1mth old.

At 3mths old, he sign milk to me, when I was holding his milk bottle. From that day on, I knew that he did learn even though he show no interest in watching at first.

Now at 14mths, he sign:
more,milk,cat,fish,horse,hurt,sorry, thank you, please, cereals, teddy bear, bicycle, bus, train,cold,sleep, etc etc... all learn from dvd vol 1-4.

Jules' mum,
Just try lah... haha, i very bad one... I was telling hb when she hits 18mths i am going to get her ears pierced... LOL... Coz when she is older its harder to get her to be willing to do it so i might as well get her to do it when she is young so she will not remember the pain and since they are getting jabbed so frequently... hehehe... Your boy can tell apart jap rice and thai rice ah? But jap rice more chewy wor...

Choc,
Hee, i also have a btl of bubble bath for yan. Its the CB happy dunno what one... I reserved that for alternate weekends. Nowadays i shower her instead of letting her sit in a tub so only alternate weekends she will play bubbles in a tub then she will drama mama when i make her leave the tub...

Xavs mum,
Like that good wor, if xav can tell you when to change his diaper then he will not kanna diaper rash so easily lor...

Esther..no problem!! hehe...one "flavour" to recommend is the calming... i also got the "i love u" one...smell ok lar...

jules..the cranky one smell nice bo? lol...i also wan to try... hai...die liao...pay day and yet my acct going to "dry up " soon...

amy...OPPS! i let my boy have bubbles bath every nite...unless reach home very late lor
hahaa.. same lar... when wan to leave tub..my boy also act pitiful and wan to cry... hai

baby signing.. POWER!! i never try signing leh...tink too late liao

choc.Hi 5..me also luv CB products leh..very gentle on bb skin.
happy.gif

Iz luvs to apply the calendula cream..vain pot.

amy..no choice leh... my boy like... but i onli started 2 weeks ago i tink...not so bad lar..

just that when my hb pour he pour so much...heartache... lol...

leo's mum...i got it from gymboree leh...if can get from oversea spree..from local shop so ex...i pay ard 15 over for tt bubbles

this is the one... i find it not bad lar.. they claim is non toxic... that time when i buy was when my boy ard 4months+++ hahaa...anything non toxic good..i buy without tinking.. but come to tink,....worth it ba... (poisoning u)

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442130953&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306236931&bmUID=1246438539560&productSizeSelected=0

choc - how much you paid ah?
i use this site to help leo sign. http://www.lifeprint.com/

he can now sign- baby, frog, fish, milk, sleep, dog, all done,
the ususal - bye bye, twinkle twinkle, diamond, flying kiss (mainly flying saliva), holds a phone to his ear (usu backwards), clap his hands, hi 5, brush his hair & wash his hands
i'm still teaching him more, & hurt

frog, dog, all done, milk, sleep & fish. He can also do bye bye, flying kiss (mainly flying saliva), holds a phone to his ear (usu backwards), twinkle twinkle, clap his hands, hi 5, brush his hair & wash his hands.

mummies,
am also interested in the signing baby method...where to get the dvds?

Potty training:
how to start my boy? i'm a FTWM, so how to teach him during week days?

thks!

be@ns.... u can ask ur caretaker to train him..

my mum started on my boy since she take care..so now every morning will "try" lor...if my boy got mood he will poo poo..no mood he will struggle...

maybe u see his face..if got the "gek" look..u quick quick take potty and hmmmm hmmm...

leo's mum..u mean the blow bubbles one ah..i pay 15 ++++ leh... sob...kana gymboree shop chop =(

Hi mummies,

Kayla is also a signing baby. I started signing to her when she is 6mths old. I learnt the signs from books and internet. Then found the Baby Signing DVDs 1 and 2 which i have showed her. She loves it and each time the music comes on, she will shake and sign together... so cute! So far, she has been able to sign and also speak quite alot of words. She can call papa, mama, nai nai, clara, tio tio, yi yi, mei mei, nana for banana, mao for cat, number 9 and 8, bird, star, bear, no... the list goes on. In fact, I do not think signing has slowed her speech.
happy.gif
I hope to teach her more but dunno if her speech will replace signing or not as I am the primary person to teach signing as Nai nai my gal's caregiver does not know how to sign.

Hmmmm... Me not expert lar but how about the time u are with ur son u try to cultivate a timing for poo poo? Wat time he normally poo? If at nite best wor...u can hmm hmm with him... Else if u see his expression is those trying to gek, u can quickly get the potty?

Actualli I tink no rush to potty train Ba coz sooner or later they will tell u they wan to go toilet
happy.gif

Violet, you got to sign to your gal every time you feed her milk and tell her "Milk" when you sign to her. After a while, she will get it... do be patience... The baby signing dvd was bought during BP wor...

choc : e smell not bad la. I use it if he's over tired.

mummyfel : ur bb sign very early le.
happy.gif
mine only responded about 9 months. before tat I duI niu tan chIng. haha.
happy.gif
I didn't show him dvd cos he dun like. we just keep showing him. my parents, siblings and maid all pick up sign to communicate with him.

amy : my boy is a fussy eater. he knows if he's fed malaysia papaya and not dole papaya. he spit out thai rice but eats japanese rice. he prefers cod fish to ikan kurau. only thing he dun choose is bread. any bread also can. ya I think let e pierce early good. I didn't do until I'm sec 1. I cried. haha.

signing babies : mummies, other than jaspire's kayla, any other babies talking? actually I'm blaming myself wondering if he's not talking because of signing.

ooh.. the thread moved quite fast! now i'm also interested in getting the bubble bath! are you all using CB products for the bubble bath? my boy hates bathing time... doesn't like water getting onto his head and face... will scream when washing off the shampoo...

hmm.. i also want to try a little bit of signing.. choc: let's try lah.. maybe it's not too late... just need to learn the signs first before teaching baby. haha!

my baby is not signing and not talking.. worse than Ju! haha! my hubby said he finally called him dada today... when i tried asking him.. all i got was a blank stare.. sigh..

Jules' Mum: actually, i've heard that signing will not affect babies speech.. that's probably individual.. i really believe that every baby is different and develop at different rate.. but as first time moms, it's difficult not to get worried.. hee..

potty training: i also thought that once we see the baby's gek face, we can immediately bring go potty! but my cousin's baby (Feb08) dun have gek face one! can walk around and poo at the same time.. with no change in expression.. POWER... dunno whether there's still a difference between full breastmilk and formula milk poo at this stage.. since they are all already on solids.. hmm..

jaspire: your kayla is so clever! such a wide range of vocubulary! maybe it's a girl thing? girls talk faster? boys walk faster? but i think i remember kayla also started walking very early right?? she's so advanced!
happy.gif

matty's mom: i also agree that as FTWM it's difficult to be consistent for potty training.. i think it's really up to the primary caregiver.. maybe can ask your infant care when they intend to start potty training? actually i thought the age to start is after 2 or 3?

xav mom: wow! that's clever of X to tell you he needs a change of diaper!! i think mine can wait till the poo harden also won't tell the difference.. have to always smell his butt! haha! but he is like the father.. dun like to poo outside.. only wants to poo at home..
happy.gif

Mummies with kiddos attending infantcare or starting childcare soon, would you be interested to get customised stick-on lavels or customised iron-on clothing labels with your child's name? Me going to start my gal on cc so would like to get stick on labels for shoes, as well as iron-on labels for her clothes as well as her uniform
happy.gif

If interested to join me, pls let me know
happy.gif

http://www.brightstarkids.com.au/index.cfm/fuseaction/category.display/category_id/61/Name-Labels-|-Wall-Stickers.htm

We're tentatively getting 15% off listed price (if we manage to gather AUD100 orders), and if we stick to items under 'labels' category shipping will be flat AUD5 regardless of how many packs we order. If over AUD300 then will get upgrade to registered airmail instaed, but not like a big deal I find, and I also dun wish to consolidate very big oreders..

*** FREE 40 pc of tiny labels (for pencils etc) for ever different name that's in the order!***

Dun really wanna start a official spree cos very leichey, and total order only needs to be over AUD100 so I'm hoping we can get enough orders from friends here
happy.gif
PM me okie?

Hahhha...looks like the 2 Kaylas are talking.

Jules's mum: I stopped teaching my girl signing at 8 months ever since she attempted to talk. Her 1st word was "Daddy" at 8 months. So far now she is close to 50+ words. Today she just surprised me with a new word "raisin" hahaha. Cos we have been repeating to her for the past few days whenever we feed her raisins.

cote gr: Kayla started cruising very early... ard 9mth. But she is a scaredy cat. Very timid and dun want to really walk on her own. Not that she dunno how to walk on her own, but chose to want to hold on to our hands or furniture still. Many a times we have caught her walk unknowingly without support. Very "gu niang" lor! LOL!

Cote gr : That's wat i read too. Saying it will not affect their speech. My pd assured me that it's ok as some babies start talking only at 2 yrs old. I'm alright with him not talking yet but worry he won't talk even after 2. haha. But, I teaching him signs makes it easier for us to communicate with him. Very funny. If he wanna poo, he will do the smelly sign then we know he's going to poo. But, he won't sit on potty la. haha.

Calamari, jaspire.. 2 Kayla's really fast talker.
happy.gif
8 months to say daddy is really fast lor. envy.. maybe if i have a gal, I'll name her kayla. haha

Jules' mom: Kayla was like me when I was young, talkative haha. But her walking is slow lah, only walked at close to 14 months...hehe. But I was worse, walked only at 18 months! Maybe its true girls speak faster and boys walk faster!

lynn: I have seen BPs before for this product.
Its cheaper I think.

Re: potty
I bought a potty 3 months ago, its still sitting there untouched hahaha. Cos everytime when she tells us "poo poo chou chou", its already halfway out. :p Then we too lazy to remove her diapers by then.

jaspire: btw i heard abt 'it'...gongxi gongxi
happy.gif
Wishes come true for u
happy.gif

boys take longer than gals to talk so dun worry.

choc- so $15 for bubbles from gymboree? ok wat no?

cote - i use the CB overtired & cranky bubble bath for leo when he needs it. he also hates to have water on his head.

serene- i just replied you. sorry i usually only get to come online about once a day

anyone keen to trail aqua ducks swim class? it's free. heated outdoor pool

i read thaat potty training should be around 18months or when they can tell you they need to go. too early also no use

Calamari... hee! Thanks very much!!!
happy.gif
Very excited about it. Haha.

Is the BP much cheaper?

Re: potty
We got a potty for Kayla's 1st birthday, but hor its oso still sitting there untouched wor. Kayla will always gek and hold her diapers and look at us. But usually its likewise late liao. Dunno how to train using the potty leh. I read and many books say the kids will tell us when they are ready. So no hurry ba.

Actually I agree, also heard that potty training at too young an age can be quite stressful for the child. But dunno how young is too young :p

The BP I remembered was a few cents per t-shirt label but definitely not as nice as the Aussie ones Lynn posted.

i know another way of doing potty training is this: bring the child to the potty every one hour. to get them accustomed to the use of the potty and to observe if they do use the potty. from there, adjust the timing to 1.5 hour or 2 hourly.

this was how I trained my dog and it is also how my mum used to do potty training in childcare centre.

Hi Mummies,

I am pretty new to this thread... hope to know your more. Is anyone here a SAHM like myself ? My boy is turning 15mths. I am concerned over few of his developmental milestones...he does not speak except babbling and ma-ma & da-da only... have yr child begin talking now ? He has yet to walk independently too...aiyah so much in mind to be bothered with... Maybe being the first-born, tend to be alittle more paranoid, yah. btw, is there any food recipes that any mummies cud share more with me as i am whipping slow-pot porridge all times. He is already getting bored with the same food again & again, my poor boy ! thxs.

Hi RAR,
Nice meeting you here. I'm SAHM too but I'm intending to go back to the work force when my gal turns 18th mths (currently 14+ mths).

My gal also does not speaks. She has alot of baby languages where she can chat over the phone with my mum but none of us know what is she talking abt.
happy.gif

RAR, Violet and all,

I guess all babies learn and grow differently. What they achieve or when they achieve these milestones are not that important. What's most impt i feel is that as parents, we give them the due attention... play with them, read to them, narrate things around us, point to things and in due time, our babies will be able to talk, walk and even run. They just need us to encourage them, love them and they will bloom. Have faith!
happy.gif

Kayla is now speaking the 2 syllabus words like flower, hello, nana, baby, mei mei... but mostly she is just parroting us and our family members when we talk and play wif her. So do shower them with love!
happy.gif
I am sure your babies will surprise you someday soon!

Back