(2008/04) April 2008

koori
yes, 1 feed per day for a few days for stage 2 then increase 2 feed per day.

cheesycake
glad to know its nothing unusual abt the lump
happy.gif

Just realised that all of us has alot of "junk" at home. Maybe we can share and see who wants to pick up.

-----------------------------------------------
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick </TD><TD> Item + condition </TD><TD> WTS price </TD><TD> Takers </TD></TR><TR><TD>cass (cass_078) </TD><TD> Tollyjoy Nappy Liners </TD><TD> $ ? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kea </TD><TD> Nappy liners</TD><TD> $? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babybliss </TD><TD> Bumwear </TD><TD> $? </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

To create table

Input: \table{X,O,X
O,X
O,,X}
Output:

<table border=1><tr><td>X</TD><TD>O</TD><TD>X </TD></TR><TR><TD>O</TD><TD>X </TD></TR><TR><TD>O</TD><TD></TD><TD>X </td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td>na_na</TD><TD> Anakku Nappy Liners</TD><TD> xx </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Sebamed Baby Cream</TD><TD> xx </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Mustela PhysiObébé® No-rinse cleansing fluid</TD><TD> xx </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Avent 125ml x 3</TD><TD> xx</td></tr></table>

Hmm...tat's all i can think of for now. Will post if still got more "junk" at home hahaa....

Cheesycake,
It's such a relief to hear that the lump is harmless, take care and have a great weekend!

Maro,
Checked with Mothercare and the wetsuit is $69 so after our 10% member discount, it'll be $62.10
happy.gif

hi mummies

any babies are drinking enfalac ? if so are you changing it to stage 2 after 6 month? My hubby want my baby to drink until 12 months, don't know whether its a good idea or not.

Hi Hoon,

What age is Stage 1 good till? When does Stage 2 begin?
Ethan is drinking Nan so unfortunately I've no experience with Enfalac, but Nan1 in KL is stated as good up till 12 months whereas Nan1 in SG is only till 6 months.

I was confused so I called Nestle and they confirmed that Stage 1 should only be used until baby is 6 months old.

I can only assume that the same would go for Enfalac.
Regardless of brand, you don't want to be keeping your son on Stage 1 when he should be given the nutrients available in Stage 2.

How about calling them up to ask?
That's your best bet in my opinion, ask the company themselves
happy.gif

thanks mummies
happy.gif

hoon: my bb is drinking enfalac HA up to 12mths. dont tink i will change till she's a yr old. which type of enfalac FM ur bb taking?

hoon
my boy is on enfalac, will turn 7mths tmr &amp; i hv already gradually changing to stage 2. i agree with diva, i don't want to keep my boy on Stage 1 when he should be given the nutrients available in Stage 2.

hi Diva
Enfalac state say up to 12 mths , then stage 2 state from 6 mth...so I also confuse..
some said if the baby is taking the stage 1 , and everything is ok for him we can continue till 12 mths.but initially he is well and weight about 7.7kg when he is 5 mths old. but i feel that he is not gaining weight co9s now 6 mth and 7 days he weight 7.6kg..so i abit worry.

Little mouse: my boy is taking Enfalac 1 the normal one

any babies on friso 2 soon?...similac just called, now i'm torn whether to change or not, cos seems similac doesnt hv palm oil, whereas friso has a very small percentage.
Matty is fine with friso now, so I shldnt rock the boat rite?

Hi everyone...
Beans: My girl was on partial Similac/EBM. Now I try Friso Stage 1 partial with EBM. Friso said they will send me sample but never did. I think will start Stage 2 when she reach 7 mo.

Playmat: I am happy with my parklon 15mm mat. I think parklon/LG the same just different design and price.

Wish all mommies here a great weekend!

can I say that if the FM states 0-6 months, and bb is 7 month, can we still continue with the 0-6 months if there is still remaining left ?

Hi
Talk about teether
my boy like to suck his own fingers and MINE too...but when i gave hime those rubber teether he don't want and throw away...what shall I do?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick </TD><TD> Item + condition </TD><TD> Qty</TD><TD> asking price </TD><TD> Takers </TD></TR><TR><TD>cass (cass_078) </TD><TD>Tollyjoy Nappy Liners(BN) </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kea </TD><TD>Nappy liners(BN)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babybliss </TD><TD>Bumwear Insert( 3 wash/1 in plastic)</TD><TD>4 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>na_na</TD><TD> Anakku Nappy Liners </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Sebamed Baby Cream </TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Mustela PhysiObébé® No-rinse cleansing fluid </TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Avent bottles 125ml BNIB/Used? </TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
BNIB : Brand new in box

Those that dun know how to post with tables.. just post "item , condition , qty, asking" .. I help you put into tables.
happy.gif
Once we got alot of these.. I will post in WTS topic for you gals.
happy.gif

sherin, my PD say can start on solids once my girl has good neck support. many babies can't sit well without support (like real sitting and 100% steady) until quite old leh. i remembered reading something about adverse effects of intoducing solids too late.

i've tried giving single veg like carrot. then no adverse reaction then next batch of puree i'll add one new veg (carrot + pumpkin) so i'd still be able to tell if the single new food is giving any prob..

Hoon,
Like Jamie, I'd start Ethan on Stage 2 as soon as he's ready for it.
But since it's rather confusing, do call Meadjohnson and check with them.
They're the best person to ask, in my opinion
happy.gif

Maddy's Mum,
I've got a Parklon 15mm too and it's great!
Ethan didn't like the 'hardness' of it initially as he's used to lying on soft surfaces, so he would stiffen and whimper when we put him down.. hehe
But he's getting used to it, we played on it earlier.. less whimpering I must say
happy.gif

Jamie,
Yes I've got a teether toy, it's called a baby buzzr www.babybuzzr.com
It was bought from the US so I'm not sure if it can be found locally.

Prawnie,
Ethan turns 6 months on Sunday and we've still got a tin or 2 of Nan1 left, which I'll be giving to him anyway.
I wish I hadn't bought so many but oh well..
To me, a 6 month+ baby can still consume FM meant for 0-6 months. You're only using up what you've got left and it's still going to be nutrition
happy.gif

Jgal: can you help me post. Thanks

I have the following :
1. One box Tollyjoy Disposable breastpad 48 pieces
2. One box of 2 Avent Feeding bottles (125ml/4 oz)
3. One powder puff
4. One Box pigeon Disposable Breast Pads 24 pcs
5. Two pieces of Diaper Cover (Size S) Both brand new, but one is without tag.

All are BNIB

Prawnie
yes i do fridge my teether but still he dun like...maybe its too hard for him. i ever let him suck my finger cos i want to know whether he will bite or not hee hee but he only suck...

Diva thanks I will check with MJ, they suppose send my sample for stage 2 until now still not arrive yet.

Diva: Thanks.. Cos I am kinda worried if by the time he turns 7 month which is in a week's time and he has a whole lot of 0-6 months powder left. Will it affect the nutirion value. Cos I read one article about giving baby lesser than required and his eyesight was affected.

Hoon: I got one that can frozen. But I think too hard. He doesn't like it. Then, we bought another one from pigeon. Softer but that cannot be frozen only can be fridge. He likes it thou. Try massaging his gums with icy water. He might feel more comfortable.

Prawnie,

Xavier turns 7 months in a week? Wow.. he's quite a bit older
happy.gif

How much Stage 1(0-6 months) do you have left?
If it's more than a few tins, maybe you'd like to consider selling it or giving it away if it's already opened?

Like I mentioned earlier, I've got 2 tins of Nan1 left so I don't mind just letting Ethan finish it though I gotta admit I'm not too thrilled about keeping him on Stage 1 when he's ready for Stage 2.

From what the Nestle representative told me, Stage 2 contains nutrients that babies 6 months and up require. But I doubt it's going to adversely affect Xavier if you're only finishing a few tins.
I think the problem lies in keeping baby on Stage 1 for months and months after he's outgrown it.

It's scary what can happen if baby is deprived of the essential nutrients, ask your PD for advice to be doubly sure.
Xavier is on Nan, isn't he? You can call Nestle too: 800 6011 633

Testing testing.. hee.. Thank you Jgal for teaching !!

<table border=1><tr><td>prawnie</TD><TD>items</TD><TD>quantity </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Tollyjoy disposable breastpads 48 pieces (BNIB)</TD><TD> 1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Avent Feeding bottles (125ml *2) (BNIB)</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Pigeon disposable breastpads 24 pieces (BNIB)</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Diaper cover (Size S both BN but one without tag)</TD><TD> 2 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hoon: This was taught by PD to ease the gums discomfort. Use towel to dip in ice water and massage. The babies will feel shiok.. hahaha You try it
happy.gif

hoon
what brand is ur teether? babies are picky abt teethers. my boy only likes tommee tippee waterfilled teethers. he reject pigeon teethers. go figure. the surface texture is not the same.

puree: i tried to give Byron avocado today and i must say he seems to like it! I mix it with abit of cereal coz i felt that on its own its too raw tasting. Very happy gonna give him apple + Pear puree tomorrow!

Diva - Fyi, Enfalac A+ is for age 1-12mths means when bb reach 6mths &amp; above we have option not to change the FM cos this FM is also suitable for 1-12mths.

Hoon - Meadjohnson also has stage 2 , ie. Enfapro which is for 6mths &amp; above. Wat i will be doing is to change to stage 2 gradually after 6mths. U can choose to stick with stage 1 or stage 2. I have asked this question before, the reply : Enfapro incl more nutrients required for active baby (provide more energy for bb) to aid in their more active movements. If bb is relatively less active, Enfalac has sufficient nutrients to cater for bb.

diva
thats why i love the states, u can get practically almost everything &amp; cheaper there. i was a frequent US visitor before i hv my 2 kids, i seriously am thinking &amp; hopefully can move there in future
biggrin.gif

will try to see if can find something similar here coz bryan has been biting &amp; chewing all the toys. he kinda prefers that to teethers

RE: packham pears

surprisingly, my boy does not like steamed packham pear puree. i think its sweet, but he rejects it. i think cos it has a mild alcoholic taste after steaming (duno how to describe. NOT TO INFER that it produces/contains alcohol). he sticks to steam apple puree. -__-

Me also have few items at home..

<table border=1><tr><td>Puffish</TD><TD>Items</TD><TD>Qty </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>BNIB Pigeon Wide Neck Bottle with S teat (200ml)</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Pigeon Baby Shampoo (200ml)</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Pigeon Baby Liquid Soap (200ml)</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>BNIB Avent Baby Bottom Balm (125ml)</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>BNIB Avent Nipple Protectors</TD><TD>1</td></tr></table>

Koori,
Well it's nice to know that Enfalac/Enfapro provides that option.

Prawnie,
Ethan hasn't even turned 6 months yet! Hehe Xavier is a big brother
happy.gif

Jamie,
The US has such a wide variety, gotta love it for that!
I love to buy in bulk so I guess the states is good for me too.. hehe I love all the outlet stores, I think I'll go quite mad there.
Is it any wonder that many Americans don't need to leave the US to go on vacation?
happy.gif

My ILs are there too so it's quite tempting to make the move, but there's a lot more thinking and planning to be done before it becomes a remotely concrete idea!
happy.gif

koori: i have succumbed to another Parklon mat :p

Re: teething rusks
My girl (obviously) can't finish the whole teething rusk in one day. Only let her chew on it when we have her next to us in her highchair while we have our lunch and dinner. What do you do with the remaining teething rusk? Throw or keep in fridge?

Back