(2008/03) March 2008

hihi...
For those that wanna meet at kovan mrt and wait for pick up, please arrange to have 4 pax.. so that i dun nid to make so many rounds.

I am picking ivy n bb, fion n bb and adeline with hubby and 2 kids at 1.15pm at taxi stand opposite heartland mall.

Those driving, if u nid driving instructions, please call me at 98281868.

Those driving, if u have vacancies in ur car, can help to longpang mummies in.. thanks alot for ur help!

Looking forward to see u all tomolo..

My house is located at 61 Flower road s 545065

1391929.jpg

I have the above for sale. Selling at $15. My hb's friend giving another set to me...

See link for more details: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4631186

abc
are all the bottles bpa-free or only those mentioned in the email ?
but if i get the bottles from bbmallonline, what nipples are they using ? i see that they only have one size nipples unlike avent or bornfree with different flows when bb gets older. so i have to cut the nipples myself to suit my bb's flow???

abc, avent food warmer heat up very fast, has got 3 notches of heating duration if u r heating up small amount u nid to take container out sooner by estimation, else it may overheat.

babypink
i am using avent bottles too but it falls under the category of non bpa-free. so i want to get bpa-free bottles nw. too much articles abt bpa which sets me on for being cautious esp my bb on fm, alot of contact with bottles.

So sad, today not able to join u all for the gathering! haizz.. never kinda missed any gathering except today.. hope to have another chance to go Ling's house again.. :p organize again?? :p

Melody, i noticed exercise moderately can help increase milk supply! I was only doing strides and i noticed i have more leakage on my breast pad and bb who usually empty both my boobs now only manage to empty one and 1/4-1/2 of the other... maybe is the hotbath i took after exercise which kinda helps to enlarge my milk ducts? or maybe like wat ABC said... the bouncing of boobies whilst exercise "wakes" up the block ducts abit! hahahaha .. but anyway, it does helps abit lah. Try it.. do some boogie dancing with bb.. or do some jumping.. skipping.. see if it helps!

crystal: u juz need to make sure ur hot water do not exceed 60 deg... then u'll be able to minimise e bpa released into e milk.
it was on news last wk...

Babe_dude,
its ok la.. or u can bring ur mil here.. ur mil will faint to see so many babies here.once start wk hard to go gatherings liao.. so sad!

exercise helps? now i pump less liao..pump the foremilk or rather the diluted milk out den let baby drink.. but she normally drink from 1 breast only.
sad.gif

Vonn,
i m going to lingyee's place with bb n maid.
so u, me, n my maid will be 3 people alrdy. we need another person to make it 4.

Yday tough time with baby!!!!
She cried since at my granny house when reach home she also cried like hell.. haiz.. I latch her and let her treat me like pacifier then she calm down. Once i detached, she cont crying and refuse to sleep!! luckily it only lasted till 11pm.. but i so guilty cause i looking after them alone, i got very angry and pissedoff.. I vented my anger on kimberly.. cause she was wearing high heels ard the house and making alot noise..
In the end, kim cried badly and i ignore her.. Duh.. i am trying to cope with both but damn hard!!!

See u girls at the gathering later..

Ling yee..
Me same same as u.. once start work means no more gathering unless weeknds..

adeline,
It's really not easy to cope alone with a baby and a toddler. I also had my bad days. I just got a maid yesterday. Hopefully situation will get better
happy.gif

Wah.. you still can go for gathering. So nice... I thought of going to LingYee place later with my maid and 2 gals, but scared...

crystal,
If you are looking for BPA free bottles here, can get Medela bottles(Isetan, Robinsons), B-free(JL), Aprica(Robinsons). I think NUK or Pigeon do have glass bottles if you wanna consider. Glass bottles are heavier and can break.

crystal
yes it's available in sgp. even avent hv different sizes of nipple, i'll still cut in d end cos still too small for ;y gal so it makes no diff.

adeline
yea I feel guilty towards arielene too when I vented my anger on her. must really b very tough...

sheryl
i'm talking abt d avent iq model. not d normal avent kind. d avent iq model iS digital N heat according to amt of milk. will auto shut off.

babe_dude
aiyah i'll b bringing d littlepods sling to lingyee house ley.. tot u wan c.. anyway yea lor. ask her cm along lor. for short while oso gd right? hahaha

lyn
thanks! but wont consider glass bottles because it breaks easily plus heavy plus it's hot when we just make the milk.
medela only 1 size right ? 5oz only. not enough when bb gets older.

crystal,
It depends on babies. My 2 yo drinking 150ml
happy.gif
But all the while I have been using Aprica bottles. 240ml max.
Medela only one size. Max is 150ml.

abc, oh got new model??? wah i just bought mine not long ago. used for a couple of time, and i kept it cos found that use hot water is sufficient to heat up those in the fridge. but after start work i think will use it again, to heat up those in the freezer.

hope to join u all sooooon.. wah my cough so persistent, nv want to go away. today i'm gg to start give bottle to my bb to train her so that i can slowly get ready for work (arrrgh)!!! hope she accepts bottle and still rem to latch properly and GENTLELY to my boobs...

adeline, why don't u give her abit of gripe water/ridwind that kinda of thing. i find that giving my gal gripe water will stop her endless wailing.

abc, i m using the iq model.

personally feel not very warm leh. for eg, when i heat up 120ml, i select the 170ml if not the milk will not be warm.

once the cycle is completed, must let it in the warmer for a while before u get the bottle out or esle not warm also.

initially, i have been using hot water to warm milk. now i bought the warmer but i think hot water still the best.

hi mummies,
sorry, i got a prior appt in this evening decided to give today's gathering a miss if not baby will be too tired. yest we were also out intermittently the whole day, so he was quite zonked out by the time we reached home.

btw besides avent warmer, which other brands are good? i m thinking of getting one coz gg back to work soon.

also any advice if i should get another sterilizer for my MIL place? BB will be placed there in the day while i am working, or i can just bring sufficent bottles (3-4 pcs) to their place? any impact if they are left in the open for too long? any other stuff we should prepare besides extra cot, clothes cabinet, bottle warmer? thanks
happy.gif

dreymin
my bb is also placed with my mom in the day and i bring her back everyday aftr work. i just sterlised the bottles at my own house then i bring over there. din get any baby cot or playpen cuz she will only be there in the day, night time she will be back at her own house. so i only bought a mattress for her sleeping in the day and bought her a playmat for her playtime. also got her a bouncer. as for the clothes, mayb those 4 tier toyogo will do.
um, nd to get bathtub, bath accessories for your bb too.

mummy,
What exercise hv u been doing ? what is strides?

all mummies..i m looking ard for parenting books to nurture my 2 mths bb, any recommendation ?

hi ladies

didnt post for a long time cos i already started work so no time to post. Baby lele is drinking a lot as compared to her kor kor, she is currently on 125ml since she is 3 weeks old. Nw she is 5 weeks old time flies ya!

Some photos of her....

She is a mini cup A now haha
1393849.jpg

Taken when she is one month
1393850.jpg

wanted to join the gathering but guess can only make it for the weekend but bringing 1 infant and 1 toddler out will be a real challeng for me. Anyway if there is any gathering on the weekends will definitely try to make it. Meanwhile all the mummies and babies take care ya!

Linda,
I also find using hot water to warm up the EBM faster compared to my multi-purpose steriliser cum food and bottle warmer. Now i use sterilising function only.

hihi

how is everyone?? i hven been readin post. now catchin up all the previous ones. dun noe wher i read till :p

abc
sorry for the delay. i hv rec'd the cream today n tt the remainin $ to u. Tran ref : 1690440670.
Tks alot.
happy.gif

hi all,
fun time gathering at my place today... cant imagine when babies starts to crawl n all crawling in my living room.. lol..

hope u mummies had fun at my place too!

linda
I gotten d iq warmer liao. going to try when I gt fr d person. $70 for brand new one.

amt to drink
my bb is drinking so little n yet oso rejecting bottle n drink only depends on his mood. he's drinking only 2oz which is like 60ml only

actually i m worried for my ger too... she is drinking at 140ml for a 5 hr interval...is that normal???

iq at $70, good deal hor
happy.gif

Next gathering
Date: 6 May 2008 (Tues)
Venue: JL member sales cum paragon jap dessert high tea (B1) $5 eat all u can
Time: 2pm (JL orchard) 3.30pm (jap restuarant B1)

1. abcdisney n abc (meet 2pm)
2. adeline n bb (meet 2pm)

shirley

lele is very pretty , eye big big & so alert
happy.gif

weekend gathering will probably be organised after we went back to work i guess
happy.gif

Lingyee & Emily

alto cannot be present physically, really enjoyed the gathering pictures
happy.gif

abc

abc, what's the phone number for the paragon jap place ? if i cannot make it for gathering, i would love to try that place out

<font color="aa00aa">babypink,
yesterday gathering mummies missed out taking photo. only took babies pics...hee...
fion is in flowery pink romper. but she look small among the other babies.</font>

i just tried again..think by next potluck gathering , can bring one along :p
1395008.jpg

PS: <font color="0000ff">kais, clover</font> : if using sunshine self raising flour , do i still need to use bicarbonate of soda ?

Back