(2008/03) March 2008

anyone using Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump?
which is better? Medela Pump In Style Advanced or Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump

cherish,

i am using the ameda, dun seems to be draining my breasts completely though
sad.gif
u can go to TMC parentcraft to try out the avent and medela pumps before buying.

kais,
thanks for hosting the gathering today, glad i came and meet some mummies. will def try to join more gatherings from now onwards. i can only rem some nicknames and faces; too many people for this newbie, i will try figure out, cheers!
happy.gif

Hi dreymin...i'm at old airport rd too..
happy.gif

Thinking of bringing DS for jabs at healthwise too.. can i knw beside jabs, does she chk the baby as well? Weight? Like basic chk up to make sure baby is doing well?

kais, tks for organising my 'coming out' gathering. I hv enjoyed myself n so did my mil. can I chope matilda as alex's gf next time? lol. she's so sweet lah.

bbpink, wait for yr photos!

p/s: my boy woke up 5mins aft I stepped into our home n then I bf him. he's an impatient feeder so I hvnt tried to bf him outside!

hi clover

hehe, uploading already

btw, when did u leave..one moment i see ya, then nexxt moment i dun =p'

hi dreymin

geez, i was praying hard for no rain today ;)

photos
will upload mine tmr. super tired.

Exercise
i oso wan to jog but i guess better to get sports bra first. Btw i think the increase in demand could be due to the movement of the boob when jog. It helps to untrap some milk tat are previously trapped? Jus my thought. Abt the toxic in breast, if u really is afraid, bf after 30min after you exercise. And yes it is due to lactic acid. Btw most of our food (eg milk) contains lactic acid as well so no worries...

Kais
Thanks for allowing us to mess up yr place. haha... next will be lingyee...

Lingyee
i think i will br bringing some cakes

Date: 2 May 08 (Fri)
Venue: Ling yee's home @ Kovan MRT nearby (Flower rd)
Activity: Potluck
Time: 1.30pm

Interested:
1. Ling yee n bb (host)
2. adeline n bb
3. abcdisney n 2ABCs n helper - cakes
4. fionmummy n bb - fruits
5. aly n bb n
6. Kate, bb n hubby(tbc)
7. Liyun n bb n granny(drinks)

sheryl/linda/YT/Adeline/Pet
The shipping cost for the cooler bag is $15.

Kathy
Yr shipping for your nuk bottle is $8 (jus nice no nd to TT me cos of yogurt).

Pls TT to posb savings 126491018

Hi,
Super busy till can't breathe... :p Really pei fu SAHM.

Cherish, I am using Medela PIS. I love it. hehe. Wanna get one more Medela Mini Electric for back to work use. Pigeon breastmilk collection bottles also fit the funnels.

aly
old navy they gt sleepsuit @ only $4.49 very worth. after conversion only $9 d most. I bought 1 myself.

dreamlife
thanks . yea let us knw wat spree u doing k? I spree queen.. hahaha but dun like spree for public esp clothes.. usu only do drugstore kind where easy to count shiping by weight or when I nd things myself...

I would like to check if Huggies Diapers are differentiated by boys and gals type?

Baby on Huggies and leaking. LOL. I bought the blue packing in NTUC.

Melissa,

Guess u are right afterall.
happy.gif

Yr sil is pretty irresponsible indeed.
sad.gif
Shldn't hv given birth if she's not prepared for it. So unfair to the bb.

Kell,

I'm using the Medela Mini Electric pump. It's pretty noisy and also my nipples feel sore after pumping every time. Maybe u would like to look into other brands. Hv not been using it for quite sometime already.

Robinsons sale-
Ameda Lactaline Breast pump set: Double pump, 1 swaddle wrap, 1 bag of milk bags, temperature pack
$388 ($350 if Robinsons OCBCcard holder!)

thanks, dreymin and kell,

I have medela mini electric pump. It is very noisy, and as single pump, it is very slow. It take me an hour to pump.

thanks for the info!

hey all,
I njoyed myself last night, esp my keira... haha... tink she kinda enjoys baby bois sleeping beside her! oppsy! haha...

This Friday my mummy will be cooking fried mee siam instead! Yummy!

ABC, cake is fine..

ON spree? wat is the webbie?

Date: 2 May 08 (Fri)
Venue: Ling yee's home @ Kovan MRT nearby (Flower rd)
Activity: Potluck
Time: 1.30pm

Interested:
1. Ling yee n bb (host)
2. adeline n bb
3. abcdisney n 2ABCs n helper - cakes
4. fionmummy n bb - fruits
5. aly n bb n maid - cuttlefish balls
6. Kate, bb n hubby(tbc)
7. Liyun n bb n granny(drinks)

Mummies, anyone following Gina Ford's routine based on her "Contented Little Baby" book? Feel tempted to follow as my gal doesn't settle down well at night.

Also, brought my girl for 2nd hep B injection and was told by the PD that the BCG injection given at birth was too strong for my baby and now it's affecting the lymph nodes i.e swollen. If the swell doesn't go down, she will need to go for surgery.. I am so sad
sad.gif

chewwy, there's a new version of gina ford's book. u know, right? i have read the book, but havent try out the sleeping routine at all. feeding routine is already a small challenge.

mummies,
i know most of u here are still breastfeeding your babies, but would like to find out, if under "no choice" circumstances u have to choose a formula for ur babies, wat would be your pick?

hubby precious
i gave my girl nan1. cuz she had that in hosp when i just delivered and too tired to bf. if i have another choice, i would give similac else friso. cuz she is doing well with nan1, so i try not to do any change now. your son is on what ?

hubby precious,
i also gave nan1 as i read that this is closest to breastmilk and it is gentle on bb's stomach for pooing and non-allegic. I tried the milk, it tasted a bit like metal. Think bm taste better if we take sweet stuff like cakes than nan1.

simp
i din try the milk. haha so i dunno it tastes like metal. maybe cuz of all the commercials, i keep thinking that similac is good. it uses plant fats if i am not wrong. now then i know nan1 is cloest to bm.
how often ur bb poo that she's on nan1 now? my girl poo once every 2days lei but in very big amount. haha

<font color="aa00aa">hubby precious,

i feed my bb gal similac infant. so far so gd. she poop almost everyday with big amount of poops...hehehhe...</font>

Crystal,
I realised that when we feed her like 1 to 3 times a day using Nan1, she only like poo 1x to 2x at most in a day compared to bf, her poo is between 4 and 8x a day. I try to give her bm most of the time. Think during grwth spurts which happened like the last few days, she feed like every hr or 2 hrs then my milk not fast enough for her, then supplement her with fm.

crystal,

my ger still on total BM now. when she was born, i had not enough milk, so i gave us Friso.. when we are out shopping, i give her Friso too.
she is okie with Friso. I give her Friso coz heard that it is nearer to BM.

simp
when my girl was on tbf initially, she pooed like abt 6-8x times per day as well. um, my girl is currently on total fm now, thus might explains why she poo less frequent. fm is heaty.

linda
i see. actually my gynae recommend friso but in the end i gave her nan1 when she just born. she is doing fine with nan1 so far and coping well, so i don dare make changes if not might be troublesome? so if there is a sec chance, i might give similac else friso.

i giving my bb Friso too...he poo maybe 2-3times a day......not exact.....huge nice poo.......he now 5wks old..drink abt 120ml per 2.5hrly....

i heard similac is v swt and cause flam...... tis is wad happen to my friend's bb..not sure for others..tink still depend whether bb is suitable anot....

Back