(2008/03) March 2008

Hi Jerejoy

I also went for my checkup today. Reaching 40th week this Sat as well but cervix is only 0.5cm dilated. haha.. more jialat than you. She put me on CTG and everything is fine.. so she ask me to wait. Will be seeing her again next Tuesday. Hope baby co-operates so that I don't have to induce.

Jia You to you!

Petrina or BBpink
still doing updating?? Just came back from check up and I put on an extra 3 kg *SIANZ!* but bb tommy only puts on extra 0.2kg.
So far
37 weeks/BB's weight is 3.12kg/mum's weight gain so far is 17kg!!! wa lao :p

Told the doctor i don't want to check dilation....last time she checked i got 2 mild contractions and was 1cm dilated...i figure don't have to worry as long as no contractions bah

Babe_dude
never experienced this "sore throat" or "phlegm" thing...sorree....more important than this, does Alandria seem uncomfortable or cranky?? if so, should call PD bah...if not, maybe just observe and see if any changes

Adeline.. alandria is as per normal.. but when she shouts or screams or watever.. the sound is kinda faint .. she still drinks as per normal, "exercise" kicking and punching as per normal.. cranky at nite as per normal.. hahahhaa

Yah.. tom will bring her to PD for vaccination of Hep B 2nd dose.. see how it does then.

Thanks alot..

Adeline Loo .. pls.. ur 17kg is nothing compared to my 20+ kgs manzz.. :-( Now still struggling to shed those extra pounds.. and my CL still continue to feed me with tons of food.. haizz..

Guess i can only start my dieting come next month..

Hi,

Has anyone here tried taking dormperidone for increasing milk supply? Does it help or is fenugreek better?

My milk supply is very low… only 20ml after pumping like 45mins…
very desperate to feed bb with my own milk… =(

kea

try the osim one. sellin $89 at kiddy palace

abc/linda

i called and asked abt the breastshield. They hvin the survival kit @ $70 at the fair. And free Dry bag if purchase is over $50.

is e handfree necessary?

Jerejoy,
Always remember, demand = supply ;-)

Fei,
If you are expressing and feeding ebm, then it's a different story. What I'm trying to say is only applicable if you pump put to relieve engorgement or trying to increase your supply. The first stage of breastmilk is colostrum (very high in antibodies). If you pump that out, you will "drain" the colostrum and move on to produce transitional milk. In this way, you are "depriving" your bb from the colostrum.

If you bottle feed, there's basically no lost of colostrum to your bb. However, I'll prefer not to bottle feed at such a young age because I don't want to cause nipple confusion and the bb may not want to nurse direct anymore. Oh well, that's just me, I love the bonding with my bb. I'm addicted to breastfeeding ;-)

Hi ladies

quick quick update

went for my gyane visit today, put on CTG and was 4 cm dilated, with contractions 12 mins then 9 min apart..tat was at 4 plus pm

Gyane wants me to be admitted but greedy me wana dine out 1st =p before i get stuck with confinement food

UNLESS gynae is wrong again, i should pop latest by tmr..FINALLY :p

i m going to email the list to abc & Pet

cos i may not be logging on till full month..reason being going to mum's place for confinement , no internet access
sad.gif

wow, babypink, you is so responsible.. your mind still on the list when you're going to deliver.
Those 12 hours shopping worked! JIA YOU!!

bbpink
though i wish to help but i am complately an idiot in computer stuff. hahaha.. i'll try my best ok?

dor
i am using ameda pump.

somehow i always tot latching on is better. Jus hate to express! so troublesome... washing, sterilising and even hv to worry abt the volume i get. hahaha... if only i am SAHM! i saw my SAHM frens all latching dun nd to worry abt expressing. hahaha

Linda,
Thanks. I have added u as a contact in multiply
happy.gif

babypink, good luck and all the best! May u have a smooth delivery..

Hi ladies,

I'm new here. Can i check after a c-section, how long do i need to wait till i could bathe? Did ask the gynae and she said anytime. Just want to confirm.

Anyway i have just delivered on 7th march at TMC. Baby is 3.95kg. Girl. Gynae: Dr Beh S.T

Hi Mummies to be!

Greetings!!!!!

I am from Jan 2008 thread and have the following items to sell. See if you are interested.

1) Peter Rabbit from Baby choice milk bottle going at $6 bucks only! Original and brand new.

2) Disney Baby pooh crib activity set going at $28(Brand New)

3) Pigeon manual Breast Pump (Used once only) going at $49.90 (Retailing at $75 at all departmental stores)

4) Medela pure Lan nipple cream for sore nipples.
(Used once only) going at $15.

5) Lucky baby Mini Laser safety clip on fan with safety blades & lights going at $7. (attachable to pram and cot.) (Brand new with box)

6) Brand new cheeky bon bon new born head rest going at $5 bucks. (Great for pram or cot)

7) Pigeon Disposable Breast Pads (Used like ten pcs only) think got like 20 plus balance left. (Going at $8.)

8) Pureen Madame maternity Pads with adhesive. (Used few pieces only) Great for your heavy flow of the locia. (Going at $7)

9) Galenic reducing stretchmark cream
(brand new) Made from France (Going at $19.90)

Let me know what you are keen on and can sell you at gd discounts!!!!!!

NOTE:
All very gd buys cos almost all BRAND NEW except sme items used only like once or twice only and ALL in PERFECT condition with NO FLAWS
happy.gif

Regards,
Fern Lim
98276473(HP)

Hi all,

I juz got home today.. Ryan has red jaundice yesterday. Today ok so PD discharged him.
Latching has been tough in hosp... Need to fend off the nurses' request for FM...
Engorement since Day 2 of c-sec... Super pain, hard like rock.. Been using their electric pump all day long to relieve pain.

I asked HB make frozen diapers n i used it yesterday. very way of relieving engorement pain.
happy.gif

I used my hands to express as it was not as painful as pumps.. n i managed to express frm the main breast instead of juz the areola.
First time experiencing dripping breastmilk... so at a lost manz...

Gonna feed now. wun be on too often as ryan is a drinker... have to latch n immed express to i can standby..

But he suckles quite impatiently. so if the trickle of milk is little, he tends to cry.. damn pek chek at times..
sad.gif

Hi Chewwy,

At least yr gynae still allow u to wait a week more. I tried to ask her to delay the induction date but she's not willing. Cos my baby is really small. Only abt 2.4kg in week 39. I hv to go for Non stress test (NST) to check baby's heartrate vs his movement every twice a week in the hospital. So far so good. But she says it's best nt to wait further more. Hope I can deliver b4 the induction date. Pray hard hard everyday now.

Reena,

Thanks for yr advice. It's so encouraging reading the breastfeeding experiences from you.
happy.gif

babypink has popped nat w/o Epi on 3.45am!
Congrats!

Jerejoy,
she sure have a speedy delivery.. of less than 2hrs..

congrats bb pink....
did u manaage to eat something?....

abc
i used medela PIS when i went back to work...now i using avent manual pump..tandem pump...like u n adeline...my bb only feeds one side...in order not to lessen the hind milk intake i did not switch her to another brs...so i tandem....if let say u pump the ther brs and the milk not alot...then still pump...just to stimulate....

i used brs pad fr day 1...first few days actually no need...as the milk has not cme in...but cos i wear nursing bra...so to prevent seeing nipple, so i wear br pads too....fr day 3, then the brs pads are heavy with milk since i breast feed one side, the other let down too....and as Francesca has problem latching so i could not handle tandem pump....

i read that antenatal package can be claimed...if i have delivered..can this still be done?......

Petrina
breastfeeding in the beginning is no easy task....hang on there and u will enjoy it once u get the hang......relaxed.....the breastfeeding will release happy hormone....and if u pek chek...ur biy will be able to sense and feel pek chek too......

Hi ladies

I'll be a kaypoh & announce on Babypink's behalf

Baby Pink has a smooth delivery. Baby Kyan arrived on 14 March 08, 3.42am

mummies

i have diarreohe and feeling stomach discomfort this 2 days...does tis mean anyting to labour? or i jus too heaty?

Wow! April mtb starts to pop liao.. wonder when is my turn..

Kea,
you better call ur clinic to chk. are u having cramp like those AF cramp?

dreamlife
then it's more ex. mumsfairy is selling only @ SGD$34.

mummy_norman
wow. I tried tandem pump using avent manual but jus unable to control..btw hw often is yr bb drinking ? I wanted to tandem but seem like his drinking schdule nt fixed. sometimes can b 30min smtimes 2h! will there b enough if his next feed is 30min ltr if I tandem pump? now I always experience soft breast. no engorgement. is it because bb drinks too frequent ?

breastpad
I hv nt see d nd in breastpad yet. even when I latch one side, i'll feel d tingling feeling on d other breast, but sometimes tat's it. no leakage, nothing . of Cos there r also occasion where there's sm leakage but it's only pathetic one drop kind. does it mean I gt not enough Milk? why I dun experience milk leakage as most of u here? sigh..

congrats to bbpink. i'll try to update but no gurantee hor.. heehee

<font color="0000ff">hi shylyn,
din know u know bbpink too..... hehe... next time u can help me to annouce my birth too... haha

hi Redtea,
don worry lah... me having the same edd as the the mummy who pop in April but also still in office.... working</font>

wow.. after I pop I found myself with no time to log on like usual..... Think I also caught a cold from not enough sleep and the rainy weather.

Only 2 words to describe my life now: 1) TIRED! 2) HAPPY = when I see baby

poshies,
me jus cannot tahan everyday come office sit in front of computer with brain not working and nothing to do.. i rather sit at home with mind on online shopping or go window shopping.. at least my feet and brain is working.. haha...

Kea
many days i feel like diarrheoa but no labour leh

liyun
it's v. v. tiring yah!! hahaha, when i was a 1st time mum, it shocked me how tiring it was! glad you are happy though
happy.gif

redtea
at least you are getting paid to zho bor
happy.gif
try to enjoy it while it last

Back