(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Clover, yup, i look forward to the day too but my hubby not confident of taking care of the kids overseas on our own for the first time so we go on a short trip to hk first.

<font color="0000ff">B'dae Bash</font>

Who's going early? Just got news from Thankful that she wont be going cos #1 is sick and #2 is wheezing.. Gotta figure out how to settle the gift exchange.. Perhaps during the next gathering..

Actually C is having on-off mild fever since Thursday.. This morning still having slight fever at 37.5 degrees.. So i'll monitor the situation and probably have to leave earlier..

Anyhows, see you all later!!

Hi Eliaw,

My girl are sleeping too. Cannot reach there earlier. Thankful not coming. Sob... Sob... Channet not having her gift today. =P
Hope her children quickly recovered.

How is C? Ya... Recently many having flu. Mine also coughing. Jialat.

Me on way! How abt getting the gift from the next person? The child w b disappointed to have no pressie while others r getting theirs right?

So nice to meet mummies and kids yesterday! Enjoyed chatting with you mummies.

Thanks Eliaw for organizing! The food and place are excellent.

Sure is great to meet up with all of you yesterday. Channet have a great time even though she din get any pressie. As a matter of fact, she din even aware of it. She refused to leave the place. In the end, we are the last to leave the playroom. =P

Thank you, Eliaw for organizing.

Hi Qingling,
I hope Heidi likes her present.

Goodbbb,
I used to have oily scalp. So I used the hair shampoo "Pregaine". It have 2 type: purple and white box. get the white box for regular wash Available at Guardian. Hope it helps you.

Only managed to post now, tks elicia for org the party. Good food n great to see all kids n mummies.

Bluegin-heidi loves it!
happy.gif

Hi Qingling,

Pleased to hear that she loves it. Channet also love Doreamon and many cartoon characters like Elmo, Barney, Princess, Thomas &amp; Friend, etc. So many. Don't even know what to request. Hahahaha

hi hi,
had a great time on sunday! we need to meet up more often
happy.gif

tubao,
thank you very much for your gift! A loves it!

bx, jeannie, QL,
are you all active in your #2's thread? my hubby says J very poor thing...no play dates wor...so i was wondering if i'm the only one who is more bochup
sad.gif

thinking if we organize more playdates than our #1s can play together and our #2s can play together haha...kill two birds with one stone.

Gar, so far, I've brought Raelynn to only 3 playdates with Dec09/Jan10 mummies. Yes, she's a bit deprived but no choice cos for the no. 2 thread, most of the active mummies are the first time mummies. So the playdate timing is good for the babies but not good for me cos toddler's nap time is different, plus they have class, enrichment etc. Yes, we can organise smaller playdates next time, hope I can go. RaeAnne is so shy, today, a little gal at the playground wanted to play with her. But she kept complaining that she doesn't want anyone to follow her. Hiaz. :p

playdates!
count me in!
never join in any discussion in #2 thread too...

is there such a place?
(1) good for toddlers running around
(2) safe for babies roaming
(3) comfortable for parents relaxing

pauline,

hope that the toddlers won't create too much mess loh.
no place for my crawler to crawl safely @ airport/polliwogs. :p

XY, haha, yes, sure messy lor, like after a party. I remember the playdate at T3 near the cafe, the floor was all carpeted. Should be ok for Cammie to crawl there right? If not, just let her wear knee pads, I think you bought for Carrie before right? By the way, have you collected the shoes from my mum?
happy.gif

pauline,
yup. she got knee protector.
afraid that she go and lick the carpet.

forgot to collect from your mum! thanks reminding. maybe weekend?
you coming here anytime soon?

Party!
It was fun! Maybe we shld make this an annual thing then we can meet up n catch up ESP for those we haven see for a long time .

Playdates, sure? Where polliwogs? Fidgets? Or t3?

Gar, I did join in initially b now never posts Liao, I click better
w those mummies from #2 thread who are 2nd time mummy
too. Learnt a lot from them. E 1st time mummies topics are
more bb stuffs, b now I think my focus is more on #1 n her
development, as long as #1 is happy n dun have sibling
rivalry w #2 , willing to play w #2 .I think #2 we will just follow what we have done for #1. I guess #1 will always be different cause as they grow up it's us, parents first time dealing w their particular stage of development so need to handle properly. As for #2, it's more predictable.

I suppose #2 is lucky in a way that they have companion? They dun nd that much playdates, Gwen can entertain him quite well.
happy.gif
I just join in for birthday parties n stuffs.. For memory n phototaking haha.

Anyway, I have resigned! Decided to spend more time at hm w e kids, do things that I like to do , earn less $$ but have better quality of living (mentally). Looking forward to spending more time w e kids n pursue my own interests.

Tute.. Paiseh haven trf u e $$ dun worry I will trf!

XY, won't be going anytime soon cos no car n my parents nor my bro can help with the kids. Go there will be even more tired. So wait until I've fully recovered bah.

Genice, oh, the job didn't work out. Is it because of the hours n weekends?

Playdates is a great idea.
I had missed all the playdates of Feb' 08. Hope we can have more. Good to catch up with all of you.

I am not active in #2 thread. It is too fast for me to keep track.

Genice,
When is your last day of work? Have you tried to use the method I had taught you on YBCR? Hope it works for you since you are going to be a SAHM.

playdates
now that i'm SAHM i'm more free to go too! :D

#2 thread
i also can't keep up.. and a lot of the mummies talking about #1 isn't so interesting as this thread where most of us have #2 now. it's like we "graduated" liao, haha.

genice
great to hear you'll have more time for the kids! i'm still waiting for the time when i can do my own thing though, now like every day only doing things for them. want to go cut hair or anything else also a bit difficult. sigh!

FINAL UPDATES FOR B'DAE BASH PAYMENT

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>Adults</TD><TD>Child</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD> Actual </TD><TD>Excess </TD></TR><TR><TD>Garfield</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> $50.40 </TD><TD> $47.70 </TD><TD> $2.70 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leila</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> $- </TD><TD> $60.05 </TD><TD> $4.50 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Genice</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> $50.40 </TD><TD> $47.70 </TD><TD> $2.70 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tute</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> $50.40 </TD><TD> $47.70 </TD><TD> $2.70 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eliaw</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> $50.40 </TD><TD> $47.70 </TD><TD> $2.70 </TD></TR><TR><TD>BX</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> $50.40 </TD><TD> $47.70 </TD><TD> $2.70 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Thankful</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> $- </TD><TD> $83.05 </TD><TD> $4.50 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluegin</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> $73.10 </TD><TD> $47.70 </TD><TD> $3.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qingling</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> $64.25 </TD><TD> $60.05 </TD><TD> $4.20 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Artemis</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> $64.25 </TD><TD> $60.05 </TD><TD> $4.20 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tubao</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> $50.40 </TD><TD> $47.70 </TD><TD> $2.70 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Total</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>12</TD><TD> $504.00 </TD><TD> $597.10 </TD><TD> $36.60 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Thanks everyone.. I had loads of fun too.. except that C was kinda antisocial.. He def needs more playdates!

Bluegin, you paid extra, so i need to refund you $22.40.. Pls PM me yr bank details..

Leila, will settle with you separately..

Thankful, didn't receive yr fund transfer.. Pls check..

For the excess, we have 2 options:
1) Will refund to all of you
2) Bring forward the amount to next playdate! Let's do one in April..

Breakdown of Final Bill

Cake - Prima Deli
$38.80 x 1.5kg x 1.07 = $62.30
Buffet - Naked Fish Shoppe
$10 x 30 x 1.07 = $321.00
Playroom
$200 x 1.07 = $214.00
Total = $597.30

Actual Cost
Cost per Adult $12.35
Cost per Child $23.00

Pauline.. more factors than that. As i understand the organisation more, i feel that it is like a scam. i dun c how i can help to improve the orgnaisation, we are at the mid management level, boss expects us to make decisions and handle the staffs and they refuse to support us for any decisions made.. like that how to move on? Plus.. they have this "habit" of asking pregnant ladies to tender resignation.. they had already asked 2 to go before i came.. and now another finance assistant also pregnant and they asked her to go.. very lousy place... i cannot take it.

SAHM
No lah.. not really sahm, doing tutions now, taking more assignments, thinking of going for courses for self enrichment like early child hood, real estate course. Hub keep bugging me to take the real estate course... But at least every morning i can wake up and see my kids... will probably return to join MOE when kids are at schooling age/sec school.

Kitsune.. can you share where u take the course and the px? Maybe i can join u.. can pm me the details?

blue gin.. haven practice yet.. haha.. so show 1 cd in the day time, and another one at night hor.. will try.
happy.gif

eliaw,
i am for bringing forward the amount to the next play date!

stimulation for our #1
can anyone share with us what kind of activities or what we can do to stimulate our 3 year olds now?

playdates for #2,
hehe...at least i'm not alone...but want to make an effort cos i think playing with elder sibling slightly different from playing with peers

Genice, oic, sounds like a lousy place to me too. I've withdrawn from the real estate course first cos want the fractures to recover fully before I go for course, with a brace it's too difficult.

RES courses r run by IEA n Real estate network. Some of the accredited agencies also run their own course. after passing RES, still need to pass in-house course before you can register to be full fledged agent. I calculated before, total outlay about $2k. All the courses r at TPY so quite far for me. :p

When r u thinking of taking it? Maybe we can go together in future?
happy.gif

Pauline, so much? I checked cheapest cost is 790 plus exam fees 200 + that's all got more? Wah like that I sianz. Haha

Gar, definitely different! In fact I think more stimulating! Haha my view only cause at sumo k's age all the kids still not interactive, so I find that he learns more from #1. but saying that, I also dunno y he like slower than #1. sigh .. Weird. Ariel is very sociable , which area u wanna stimulate? U c my Gwen so AS. Sigh .. I got big prob..When I c all e other gers playing n I c Gwen dun wanna join in.. Upset.. Dunno where I done wrong.

Eliaw,

I will bring forward the amount to next play date.
If any amount is not covered for whatever reason, please let us know, I can share the cost.

Clover,
haha..... we share #2 thread. Hope to see you and your son at play date of both #1 and #2 threads.

Garfield,
So impressed with A's motor skills. Maybe we kept E at home for too much time, and under simulate her after I was pregnant with #2.

A is doing Great! Now at home I tell E that A can do this, can do that. Haha.....

Gar- me never participated for #2 forum.. Keke.. No time to catch up hete.. Lagi no time for the other.

I also wan to join playdates but if sun wld b gd!
happy.gif

eliaw - me ok to bring the excess to next playdates

genice - sounds bad hur ur workplace..gd that u left..i believe the bosses ain't that good either if they treat staffs like that. gd la..back to flexi sahm :D, more time for kids, i also wish i can take the plunge..but sigh..too much commitments..

reg gwen, probably its just the characters of the kid la..some things can't be force i suppose..顺其自然吧。。

Genice, yup, cos still got the second 'course' fee, agent registration fee etc. Less than $2k lar, but close to it. I was also quite shocked, some more agency won't help to pay nor reimburse unless insurance agent course but maybe pay so much, that's why must succeed. :p

QL, can dun want Sunday or not ah cos my hubby has tuition every sun afternoon. If not, I will miss the next playdate again if this recent one was also on Sunday. :p

Ql, no prob, I understand, actually on sundays the kids n I r quite free but Daddy is busy. I am lazy to bring both of them without daddy. :p

#2 thread
Got join but not active. Feel closer to the mummies here. Haha... Partly becoz we already know each other well. But over there I'm too bz to keep up with the posts. So tend to miss out the discussions.

Eliaw,
Thanks for the pressie. A loves it. Everyday she come back from cc, she will bring it out to play. Thanks for organizing!

Genice,
My C also AS.. But i don't think we need to worry.. I feel that we just need to encourage him to join in, but cannot force.. Even we as adults, when we attend a social gathering, we don't start talking or joining in with everyone.. Only a few handful will do that.. what i term as 'social butterflies'.. anyway, more interaction and playdates will help..

Tubao,
The expenses posted have been covered. Don't worry about the itsy bitsy items.. Qingling also sponsered bags and tictac thingy.. Garfield's hubby sponsered beer!

BTw, children need a minimum of 1 hour outdoor daily..

Bx, great that A loves her playdoh!

Actually Sunday morning works best for me.. Saturday sometimes have to work and attend meetings.. n Saturday afternoon got to go back to in-laws..

Shall we make it in April during Good Friday holiday? We can do easter theme playdate and get the kids to find easter eggs..

Genice,
Thank you for your photo sharing in FB.
It was great. I lend my camera to my sister, so did not have any photo-taking during Birthday Bash. Hope others can contribute.

Your workplace sounds bad.
Mine too.

Yes. Best if you can read the words out for your children.

Tubao,
Thank you for your photo too.

Eliaw,
PM you. Playdate on Good friday? I guess I'm going to miss it again. Have plan to go back Taiwan then. Playdates before or after that week will be fine.
I will choose to refund as I might not be attending April Playdate depends on the date.

Eliaw,

Okie Okie.

Plan to enroll E for swimming class for long... Haiz..too exhausted last few months.

Genice,
Sounds quitting is GOOD! not worth wasting time on bad job. Hope that you can find something you'd like to do soon!

Garfield,
I posted on #2 thread once every a few days. Guess with this frequency, most wasn't aware of me. The #2 thread moves fast.

But I plan to join their play dates, as long as held at weekend.

Hi eliaw,

Once again, thanks for organising the birthday bash! :D I would not be able to make it for the April playdate so would like to opt for refund. Please transfer to my POSB Savings account: 109-37121-1.

:p Think Danica is one of those "social butterflies" you were referring to.

Hi tubao,

So sorry for the delay with Emma's gift. Did the boys drool over it? :p

eliaw
great idea! hope i can make it for good friday.. my hubby is not v sociable, even with my friends, lagi worse to meet up with forumers.

btw that was a good reminder about 1 hr a day outdoors - it's actually not easy hor!!

Okie! So playdate will set on Good Friday.. Morning can?? Go outdoors..
happy.gif
any suggestions on venue?

Artemis n bluegin, will arrange the transfer soon..

Tubao, previously our thread also v fast. But now slow down already..

Good Friday I can make it!!!
Outdoor is more suitable for toddlers. Maybe bring a bigger picnic mat for the crawlers? :p
How about Marina Barrage?

Back