(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Hi Stephie,

Yeah lor... I also scared that they enclose the item in another box then I pay for "air". :p

Hi kitsune,

I also super sian cause my HB only plays with her. If she calls him first I think I will be super dui. :p

I will ask him about the round market thing then. But today brought her for her immunisation injections and her regular PD said normal to have wet burps or if she very active (which she is). :p

Hi jeannie, Garfield9,

Received your transfer.
happy.gif

Hi blueginger,

Replied you on the Healthy Times BP above.

Danica is better now that I gave my maid strict instructions not to put her on her tummy or let her jump within 30 minutes of finishing her milk.

Hi jeannie, Andrea,

Yeah, she is better now.
happy.gif
Thanks.

blueginger and stephie.. got aston express in the west side.. if u consider 6th ave west lor.
happy.gif

stephie.. not sure u noe the place or not its in one of the coffee shop opp cold storage at 6th avenue.

bluginer.. i used to stay just opp tampines court leh.. directly opp nearer to the mkt one. will be there every sunday.. u ?? everyday at pil hse?

stephie.. think i bring baby try next week.. will sms u first k.

bx.. i wish i can go.. sigh.. baby dun latch... the next one i must latch on!!!

artmis.. if got brwon rice cereal i also dun mind changing to that.

Artemis, that's reassuring since PD said it's ok.
happy.gif
Sometimes when my hubby plays with RaeAnne soon after her feed, she also throw up 'tau huay' and I'll nag him. True lar, seems like daddys all like to play with their babies, because they are still big kids after all. Haha.

Bx/blueginger, I very scared to cut her nails for the same reason but done it a few times. ILs even more scared than me they never do it one though baby is with them 5 days in a week, so we always make hubby do the dirty job of cutting her nails. haha.

kitsune,
Nobody wanna do the dirty job. So only I do loh. If anyone complains, they will do it. So currently, nobody dare to raise a word. heheeh.

jeannie,
me not very routine. my usual plan is weekend over PIL place. but sometimes MIL misses her grand-daughter so have to come back for a week or so. Tmr I will be at Tampines.

artemis,
Glad that Danica is alright now.

Stayed up to watch the olympics opening ceremony which I missed twice because of baby. Finally can go to sleep but think baby waking up soon. Yawn...

good morning!

have not been posting so far as i cant log in from work place....

my girl is now 6 mth and i start her on heinz organic white rice cereal too. mix wit bm. now around 6 scoops. sorry for broken sentence as i pump while type.

now i am only pumping 3 times a day, 5am, 2pm and 9/10pm. supply has dropped as compared to the time i pump more. worse still on weekend, i pump in morning and night only, latch rest of daY.

my infant care also gave her 3 spoonful of grinded porridge since 2 days back.

i want to start her on fruits this weekend...but cos she is infant care, i cant try fruits on weekday. if weekend i try different fruit each day, will it be tough to track allergy?

but recently, she keep waking up at night, i felt so tired.... not sure why she no longer just wake up once for milk sigh.......

and she has this bad habit of no pooh at home on wkend. will only poo h in school!

jeannie,
after pumping for 5 months plus (i stopped latching on when my bb was abt 2 mths), i tried to latch my bb on last week. coz i know i am going to stop bfing soon, so i wanna have the experience of latching again. but bb refuse to suck. she use her hands to squeeze my nipples and spit out when the milk started flowing out. omigod!! and my evil hb keep laughing.

next one i oso wanna latch on for long period.

Latched baby on only close to 6am this morning, so thankful that I got to sleep for 3+ hours. Maybe it's because she only slept at 11.30pm last night. Tried to let her sleep early but no use. :p

bx, my baby use her hands to squeeze my breast and nipple too, think it's because they want to hold their own food now. As for spitting out, my gal also does that if the letdown is too forceful, esp if I didn't feed the night before and using her to clear my milk. I've been latching her on for more than 6 months liao, so don't take it personally, try latching on again and again over the weekend. She'll get the hang of it. But then, after you succeed, you might 'bu she de' to stop BF hor cos it's so 'wen xin' to hold the warm and contented baby next to your heart after she drank her fill. But arms will ache.
happy.gif

morning ladies !

seems like been a while since i last posted... no time to post in office coz i'm only in office 4 days a week but with full work load... i think going back to work earlier but clearing leave slowly afterwards is a baaaad idea, but anyways...

re: synch bf
heard about this but dun think wanna go...hehe.. me shy2 too... :p

re: solids
currently i'm only giving one rice cereal per day (about 2 teaspoons mixed with fm, coz somehow my baby dun want when we mix with bm...maybe coz it's too watery ? anybody else have the same problem ?) and on top of that i give one fruit serving per day... so far only tried papaya, banana and steamed pear.. he doesn't like banana and seems to like the pear but then he couldn't finish the serving yest... think i will also change the rice cereal brand soon coz right now i'm feeding heinz rice cereal but dun think my son enjoys it... so will prob try nestle brand next...

re: pumping
i'm still hanging on there...pumping 6 hourly 3 times and night time i'll latch... somehow now my son drinks more so my supply good enough for one day + one extra serving which i normally dun freeze as he still dun want frozen milk...yeap, all my frozen milk i thinkw ill go down the drain :p but i don't mind as long as he's willing to drink the expresssed one and is healthy...

re:teeting,
hmm...my son hasn't start teething i think...i hope that's normal... still waiting for his 6th month jab....decided to give hi m 6-in-1 rather than 5-in-1 + hep...

re:bfeeding
i also plan to bf until 1 year old...hehehe... hope i can persevere till then coz getting troublesome to find time to pump, somemore now i need half an hour to pump to clear everything and get decent amount of milk. i want to change to 3x pumping a day but really scared that ss will drop...
sad.gif

oops...gotta go, hear my son is awake...he's just getting more fun to play with now but hten he will also wake up longer during the day and sleep less... take care ladies !
happy.gif

isobellies...i bought 2! hee hee...cos twins mah, so both can play at the same time. One 2nd hand LEapfrog exersaucer, one BN FP rainforest jumperoo. they take turns in each one...then swop. one thing good about renting is u can change the exersaucer every month?

Hi all, havent posted since i went back to work.. been really busy and tired.. and boy was down with flu and cough past 2 weeks.. my fault.. i was down 3 weeks ago and he caught it from me..

Xiaoyun, i would like to share the happy bellies cereal if stil available. how do i pay you and how do i collect?

Brown rice (USD 25.11/6 = USD 4.19)
(1) xiaoyun
(2)eileengoh

MultiGrain (USD 25.11/6 = USD 4.19)
(1) xiaoyun
(2) eileengoh

isobellies.. we have been renting an exersaucer for my mum's place.. for our own place, we recently bought the fp rainforest jumperoo from taka fair. bec baby only home on weekend.. so i guess can have the same one here for few mths.. at my parent's place everyday and even some weekend.. so i guess he'll get bored with 1 saucer so we rent..

Hello mummies,

I have 10 jars of Heniz and earth's best organic baby purees to give away. My baby not eating them and it is wasteful to throw away.

If interested please sms me 9436 6475 Lynn, self collect at hougang.

Thanks

Hi ladies,

The Baby Center stuff is here! So fast hor? Please transfer your shipping charges as per the table below to my POSB Savings account: 109-37121-1.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Shipping</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Artemis</TD><TD>10.17</TD><TD>10.17 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Garfield9</TD><TD>5.64</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jeannie</TD><TD>2.92</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kitsune</TD><TD>17.26</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lezy</TD><TD>9.65</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tongtong</TD><TD>3.07</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yen</TD><TD>13.72</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Please advise on collection location too.
happy.gif

Oops... paiseh...
kao_blush.gif
Just now use USD amount instead of SGD. Should be this instead:

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Shipping</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Artemis</TD><TD>14.11</TD><TD>14.11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Garfield9</TD><TD>7.84</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jeannie</TD><TD>4.05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kitsune</TD><TD>23.95</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lezy</TD><TD>13.41</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tongtong</TD><TD>4.25</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yen</TD><TD>19.03</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

RE : Healthy Times BP

The items have arrived. Please let me know how you gals want to collect. Especially for those who are opting for Choa Chu Kang collection, please let me know by 3 p.m. tomorrow cause my sister is coming to pick up the items and I will need to pack them for her.

Artemis, wow, that's fast. Can't wait to get my loot. Have transferred 1844913607. Wondering how to collect, was thinking of postage but I think I got quite a lot of stuff, should be heavy right? Can you tell my total damage for babycenter so far?
happy.gif

hee manage to sneak in ebfore bb wakes up..

mine also spit out half way through the latch if breast is too full.

truly speaking, it is wen xin to latch, but when i thot of the difficulty to wean later makes me very headache too... cos she latches to doze off, andi use latch as a form of comfort when she wakes up crying from nightmare.

bx wave!!!

i am very busy at work cos i am knocking off on the dot to fetch bb in time... most of the time i think my boss is not quite happy esp when i still pump in office once... but no choice, i guess bm is more impt to keep her healty.

tried papaya yesterday and she did not want... today i will try apple.

my infant care also use BM with the white rice cereal, i think it is 6 scoop (milk powder scoop) with 60-70ml of milk.

RE. Bumper Mat
Mummies who bought their bumper mat, how much did you pay for yours? Am considering to get one for Hillary to roll around =P

Mummies: sorry to intrude. I still have 12 units of Desitin Creamy and 1 unit for original. Per tube is $10.20 (4 Oz) Interested pls PM me. Thanks

jasmine...where were u? I was at station control from 2 to 2.30pm. My whole family was so sian with me...cuz they were waiting in car with baby while i go 'meet' u.....

hi lexy was there at station control from 2.05pm to 2.45pm before i left. hmmmm think it would be better if we contacted via hp the next round so that we wont miss each other? can call me at 91721614.
happy.gif

Jasmine, got my Baby einstein DVDs yesterday, thanks. Found an 'undelivered slip from Singpost at my door' on Fri night, had to go to post office to collect as I expected, luckily the Tampines post office closes late on Sat.
happy.gif

Bx, my supply also low, taking supplements, medicine, bo bian lor.

Winnie, I bought EYS si shen chao mi, according to MIL, my baby likes it better than Heinz rice cereal but I find it mafan lor cos after adding hot water, still need to cook it, unlike Heinz, just need to add hot water.
happy.gif

good morning mummies,
i started my gal on solid over the weekend.

Sat:
noon: 1 teaspoon of Heinz rice cereal + bm (20 ml). The texture of the bi gor is very thin.
bb doesn't seems to know how to swallow. more than 60% of the bi gor was eaten by her bib. :p

evening: 1 teaspoon of rice cereal + bm (< 20ml). It's thicker this time.
bb seems to take it better this time.

Sun:
noon:
part 1:
1.5 teaspoon of rice cereal + bm. I made it thicker.
she knows how to open her mouth for it.

part 2:
grean pea puree (used 30gms of frozen green pea, mashed and filter) + bm. I made it thinner than the bi gor earlier.
she only takes half of what I prepared then shows lost of interest.

just making 1 serving of puree already very busy. i don't think i can cope with her when she eats more. :p
how i wish she can drink milk forever... :D

re: Happybellies cereal
I've changed my order of the Happybellies cereal from Brown rice to Oatmeal as oatmeal is unavailable at Healthy Times.

Here's the order:

Oatmeal
(1) xiaoyun
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)

Multigrain
(1) xiaoyun
(2) goodbb
(3) EileenGoh
(4)
(5)
(6)

andrea, me looking for bumper mat as well. Waiting for BP to come back. You may want to consider getting from BP cos think its cheaper.

me still feeding my boy on cereal, still din dare to introduce too tasty food in case he dun wan the cereal later. Started on avorcado but he dun seems to like it. Any idea on how to make avorcado more tasty for bb our age?

babyhope,
i don't think food can't be made anymore tasty for now.
at most, we can only at bm/fm to their puree so that it has familiar taste for them.
probably you can try again next time?

kitsune
the BP got other maxi cosi apart from the infant carrier? i din follow the BP for a while already.

But $373 for baby hyperstore is not bad, they quoted me $398. I will probably buy mine from baby avenue cos their prices not bad, like for PrioriFix (Isofix), hyperstore is $888, but baby avenue is $718 if you got "membership".

Hi Artemis,

RE : Healthy Times BP

I'm sorry for the late reply.

Could you replace the mixed grain with brown rice ? Where can I meet you to collect the stuff ? Thanks.

RE : Solids

My son is 6 months plus. Yesterday, I've cooked porridge with pumpkin, carrots, sweet corn and lean pork meat.
Rice ~= 2 tablespoon
Pumpkin ~= 8 cubes
Carrots ~= 8 cubes
Sweet corn and meat are just for the taste.
Then I mashed through a sieve. It makes up to almost 1 rice bowl of porridge.
About 2 and 1/2 hours later, he seems to be asking for milk again. Usually he drinks milk every 4 hours.
I wonder how much is enough to replace a milk feed ...

re: solids
gave bb half a heinz teething rusk dissolved in bm. bb loved it. keep opening mouth big big for more. when finished, she cried coz i think she still wants. but dun dare to give too much coz i scared heaty.

later on during the next milk feed, she din finish. coz i think she still "gian" the tastiness of the melted biscuit. haiz... dunno still to give next time onot.

joeey,
wa.. your bb is eating like an adult.
very fast, include meat already.
did you test each individual ingredient for allergy before adding them all together?
i thought meat is only to be added when 8-10 months old.

anyway, how much water i should give bb when i start on solid?
i gave her 30 ml and she took 10 ml only. I am afraid that she will get constipation.

re solids
anyone having problems feeding milk? apart from bx, hee. mine was taking 160mls consistently before i started solids, now like not so keen, must coax to finish 120. sometimes only 60-80 then don't want already. and can be like 4hrs plus from last feed, so shouldn't be that he's full...

Re solids

I gave individual ingredient before adding them together.
1) avocado
2) rice cereal
3) australia sweet potato - didn't like
4) japanese sweet potato
5) carrots
6) spinach - he ate but vomitted out 2 milk feeds after wards so i thought he's allergic to green veg ?
7) pork lean meat - just cook for the taste.
8) rice - to cook porridge
9) corn - just cook for the taste
10) pumpkin

Initially, I cook the soup with pork, carrots and corn. Then use the soup to mix rice cereal.

Re water
I'm not sure how much is enough. I have a bottle of 100 ml of water to last from morning till evening. Will have about 50 ml left. Some of the water drips out, so I think he takes about 40 ml of water ...

ok jasmine..have sms-ed u. it's really weird we missed each other - cuz i'm sure i should have seen someone carrying DVDS! was walking around looking out (cuz scared i stay at one point i will miss u if you stay at one point too! ha)

artemis...
transferred $13.41.
To Account POSB Savings
109-37121-1 Artemis
Amount S$13.41
Transaction Reference 1846449172

can i get from you tomorrow at harbourfront? but i'm thinking about 3/4pm kind of timing. possible?

joeey,
thanks for the info.
you started giving solid very long time ago is it?
so fast tried so many varieties of food already.
when did you started to give porridge?

Hi mommies, long time no post here. Been very busy with work lately and just came back from work trip. Brought hb and bb along and made hb stay in hotel with bb while I go to work. So bad right? But I really bu she de leave bb at home for 5 days and was afraid she'll forget to latch when I come home, so I asked hb to take leave and accompany me. Anywayz, he oso happy after spending 5 days with bb that he is now NO. 1 with her. After coming back, helper said bb dun smile at her anymore, like forget her already, when hb heard, he was so happy! hehe.

Solids
Anyone's bb having constipation after starting solids? How liquidy must the solids be? I've been feeding her brown rice porridge with spinach and carrots (pureed) and sweet potato. She also drinks abt 50 ml of water a day but she's still constipated. Her poo is quite solid. Anything I'm doing wrong here? Should I make the solids less solid, as in add more water?

Pumping
Lost my pumping room liao. Now have to pump at my cubicle. At first damn stress, no let down. Now, I hang a sarong at the "entrance" of my station and wear a nursing bib, get a hot drink and read forum, hahaha! got let down
happy.gif
very happi. hehe forum helps me relax.

Hi xiaoyun,

Yeah, i started in end july with avocado and he likes it. He will poo poo the next day, normally, he poo poo every 2/3 days.

Every weekend, i just let him try something new, i could introduce 2 to 3 foods in a weekend. On weekdays, babysitter just gave him rice cereal with milk to replace 1 milk feed.

I only started porridge last weekend because I stayed home ... might be difficult if we go out ... cereal, jar foods might be easier ...

Back