(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

re: maternity leave and childcare leave
was hoping that there will be more paternity leave after so much discussion on it, end up is increase in maternity leave. This will means more discrimination against woman in labour market. Sigh.... not good news to me. Also, nothing on child eduction or extra tax rebate, was hoping for more direct incentives. Disappointed.....

aiyoh.. yester night i gave my ger the heinz rusk to eat.. shucks.. din noe must mix w milk i just let her hold it and she eat herself.. Its my 1st time letting her try so i also blur blur.. cause kept thinking that it will not break since she got no teeth.. thought she will just suck.. in the end.. it BROKE.. one third was in her mouth.. so scary!!! I immediately dig it out scared she swallow and choke... scary experience.. be very careful when you all let her try..

Actually should we mix with milk.. dunno whther she can digest or not..

jeannie,
usually there will be 1 or 2 feeds she can't finish. but we just make 180ml for her because sometimes we give her 160ml, after she finish, she cry for more.

lucky the heinz i mix with milk. initially wanted to give her on its own.

so which is the rusks that don't dissolve easily? the farleys one does, so i mix that into the cereal too
happy.gif

re: BJG
we are able to arrange our own trial class if there are more than 2 babies. currently the available dates are
24 Aug
31 Aug
7 Sep.
All sundays 2pm. the trainers are fully booked on saturdays already.

jeannie, kitsune, goodbb which one u prefer? isobellies,

u mentioned u can't make it on sunday right?

24th aug wil be good for me.. Thanks bx.

so bx and isobellies.. just put the rusks in tge milk? so it will be like cereal like that?

hi bx
ya sundays not good. but after u guys decide on date i see if i can make it.

rusks
yah the farley's rusks i just put it with cereal and add milk, as if it's cereal.

bx, my MIL say it's v sweet, that's why i mix it w cereal. u give it alone?

iso & jeannie,
i try to dissolve it in bm (without rice cereal). ya, it become like cereal. looks disgusting though. like vomit.

re: BJG
let's wait for kitsune and goodbb to reply. iso, this sun u can?

RE : KidSurplus.com Spree

The items are here! Please transfer shipping charges as per the table that follows and advise on collection locations:

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Shipping Charges</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Artemis</TD><TD>17.92</TD><TD>17.92 </TD></TR><TR><TD>crystal</TD><TD>17.74</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kitsune</TD><TD>1.01</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Garfield</TD><TD>7.08</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lezy</TD><TD>2.22</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>qingling</TD><TD>4.21</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yen</TD><TD>1.44</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi kitsune,

Your total damage for BabyCenter is S$134.69 including shipping. :p You still have your KidSurplus stuff with me. Total more than 2kg cannot opt for normal post leh.

Hi Yen,

Your BabyCenter items are with my sister already but then I received the KidSurplus stuff on Monday :p So you want to wait for next month when my sister is here or meet somewhere else or opt for post?

Hi joeey,

I already changed your Mixed Grain to Brown Rice. So now you have 2 Barley cereals (cause I changed Oatmeals to Barley). If this is not okay for you, please PM/email me your account details for refund. Collection may be done at HarbourFront, SengKang, Punggol or Choa Chu Kang (though have to wait for next month already for Choa Chu Kang).

Sorry for the late replies, ladies. Cause I have very severe case of PMS (giddiness, headaches, cramps) but only spotting? Doctor gave me 2 days MC and asked me to get plenty of rest so yesterday was my no internet day :p Slept when Danica slept today feel like a million bucks. :p Ah... The luxury of sleep.

bx:
i'm only managing abt 70 - 80ml @ each pump liao. pump twice daily. so only enough to support 1 feed. still fall short lah but dun care hahahah just feed
happy.gif
so i consider matthew on TFM liao. hahaha~

i have replaced milk feed with cereal liao. the 'lunch' feed i'll just give him 125milk mix w puree &amp; 2 tablespoon cereal, he finish it real soon and will only be hungry in abt 4-4.5 hours.

jeannie:
*highfive* i also v worried after that thing broke in his mouth &amp; i have to dig it out. from then on, i will hold on v tightly and not let him play w the rusk.

ya.. can just put in a bit of water / milk to let it melt. u stir it a bit lah.. add more water if needed. texture will be similar to cereal.

re: 4 mths maternity
we missed the good deal. i agree w isobellies leh. the attitude &amp; mindset of employers and co workers need to change lah. being a mother is a full-time career too leh. we have to juggle 2 jobs... tough leh.

jass
yday me told hubby 'so dui to miss the 4mths maternity leave'. just to console myself, at least the gap is more than half a year. if i were to have just given birth. sure very gek sim to miss the boat. somemore, it's my last time giving birth. those 1st time mummies can still enjoy the improved benefits when they give birth to 2nd one
happy.gif

i guess SMEs will not want to employ women anymore. now at 3mths, SMEs already can't take it.

artemis,

To Account POSB Savings
109-37121-1 Artemis
Amount S$4.25
Transaction Reference 1848300258

would let u know whcih day to pick up my HT and bbcentre stuff. thanks!

re: 4 mths maternity leave
it seems like they will take some time (probably months) to start implementing it.
looking at the article on today's Today, I have a feeling that it will be implemented in year 2009.
by the time, our bb is already nearly 1 year old liao. then won't be very dui.. :p

anyone is planning for the next one liao?

artemis: your menses came already?

xy: you xin yang yang want #2 liao? hehe. me still phobia with taking care of a bb boy who is so active. maybe a few years later. keke

tongtong,
no lah.
for me, 1 is enough.
happy.gif

just afraid that she will be too lonely, so, got to go and bring her to play with your shaun shaun liao :D

xiaoyun
ya, if implement in 2009, won't be so dui. keke. zi wo an wei. 4 yrs ago, when they incl to 3 mths, took effect quite soon leh. this time if implement in 2009, sure got pple ngek ngek ngek.

at first i thought a bit dui.. but my hubby told me most likely will implement 10 months from now... or prob 8 months.. so to be fair to those who already pregnant mah.. The idea is to entice pp to get pregnant mah..seems to make sense.. so at least not so dui lor. Dunno what their mindset will be like..

Babyhope
I joined the BP and paid up already coz I am not in a hurry for the mat! Did SSM offer you the mat at BP price as well? Which one did you buy and how much?

RE. teething rusk
I gave Hillary the Bellamy's teething rusk without mixing it with water or milk. Didnt know must mix and give =P She eats until whole hand yucky and sticky and she keeps dropping the rusk -_-

re: next 1
Mrs. Loh,
you very brave le. i can still remember that you suffered from PUPPP last time.. wei da de ma ma.

jeannie,
yaloh. the 4 months maternity is to attract ppl to have baby. those already pregnant one not counted ma. :p

re: birthday bash
no plan. and don't think i will celebrate in big scale.

hi jeannie,

the effective date for the 4mths ml is 1st of aug 2008,that time 2004 also like that effective from 1st of aug 2004

hi everyone,

re:car seat
i bought my maxi cosi from bb hyperstore. $238.dun know which range. but is 07 model.
GErvaise loves his car seat. will zz by himself when sitting.

re:next 1
mrs. loh, jia you loh...
actually me also thinking of another one.
heehee

re:BJG
ladies, when u gals gg?

re:playmate
xiaoyun, aiya. u forgotten abt GErvaise n Jerome hor.stay so nearby only.

Dor, think the one you bought is Priori SPS, that's the one that is OOS except display set. If not, maybe I may buy it. Maybe RaeAnne is still too small for the car seat I bought because when the car turns, she flops about. :p

Bx, alamak, 2pm on Sundays ah? Thought it'll be morning cos every sunday from 1-5pm, my PT cleaner comes to clean up my house. Prefer 31 Aug so that I can get my PT to clean up on a weekday during school holidays instead, make hubby 'jaga' the house. But if everyone prefers 24 Aug, then I'll go with the majority, the most endure dirty house for 2 weeks lor. :p

Artemis, have transferred the shipping, trans ref 1848781993. Wa, my loot so heavy ah, okie then then no choice got to self collect. I'm staying at Tampines, which collection points do you have?
happy.gif

stephies
yaaa i think the local SMEs more jiat lat. maybe govt should have support for SMEs and less support for MNCs.

bx
this sunday cannot leh... :S

Artemis,

my txf for the shipping chrgs:-
POSB Savings 109-37121-1 Artemis
Amount S$1.44
Transaction Reference 1848888037

i'll collect the items fm ur sis 1st. Tml can? As for the kidsurplus, i'll collect together with the ON item.

Thanks.

2 nites ago i had a fright. wanted to put my pump into the fridge after expressing milk. open the fridge and realised there's no light. my first thought "jialat, wat will happen to my milk if the fridge is spoilt". luckily hubby was allowed to come home while on reservist. so we pack all the ebm into a big styrofoam box and brgt to his aunt's hse (they have a big deep freezer). phew, at least the milk is safe. yday morning when we check the fridge, seems to still be working. just that the light bulb had blown. really you jing wu xian.

stephie,
you very cute le. no light doesn't mean fridge spoilt.
the bulb in my fridge also siao siao one. but the fridge is working fine.
my hb also on reservist le. will they be in the same camp? clementi?

xiaoyun
haha... cos my hubby said he can't hear the motor sound. 1st time i come across light bulb failure. if i don't hv ebm, then won't be so kanchiong.

ya ya, in clementi camp. reservist till next fri. wonder if they are from the same group.

andrea, i paid slightly more than the current BP. Small small world offer me at their BP price of 119 for the smallest one. I believe your BP is selling at $110.

hi girls, good morning!

i'm keen to buy play mat as i'm currently using the ABC rubber mat. my boy loves to rub rub his face on the mat @ dunno y yesterday got a small cut on his nose. was looking @ small small world's www. they have baby and children mat. dunno which one to buy leh. any other brand that is gd &amp; cheap?

stephie,
not sure which company he's in.
he seldom tell me about the army thing because (1) i am a non-citizen (2) i am not interested to know what they are doing.

xiaoyun
my hubby also dun tell me abt army thing. i only knew when i asked him earlier if he has a team mate whose bb is abt the same age as shawn. me too not interested in army thing.

i'm very....erm...out-dated with these playmats thing....

why so expensive ah? is it like some foam mattress? what's in it?

babyhope
I bought the Sweet Bear's small sized one, I paid $152..how come yours so cheap?!

jass
you might wanna take a look at the BP for the bumper mat? Initially hubby and i wanted to get the ABC rubber mat too but gave up the idea after much consideration, thus ended up getting the bumper mat instead.

RE : Shipping charges for KidSurplus Spree

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Shipping Charges</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Artemis</TD><TD>17.92</TD><TD>17.92 </TD></TR><TR><TD>crystal</TD><TD>17.74</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kitsune</TD><TD>1.01</TD><TD>1.01 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Garfield</TD><TD>7.08</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lezy</TD><TD>2.22</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>qingling</TD><TD>4.21</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yen</TD><TD>1.44</TD><TD>1.44</td></tr></table>

RE : Shipping charges for Babycenter Spree

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Shipping</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Artemis</TD><TD>14.11</TD><TD>14.11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Garfield9</TD><TD>7.84</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jeannie</TD><TD>4.05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kitsune</TD><TD>23.95</TD><TD>23.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD>lezy</TD><TD>13.41</TD><TD>13.41 </TD></TR><TR><TD>tongtong</TD><TD>4.25</TD><TD>4.25 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yen</TD><TD>19.03</TD><TD>19.03</td></tr></table>

For those who have not transferred, please do so to my POSB Savings account 109-37121-1.

Collection at :<ul>[*]HarbourFront (12:40 p.m. to 1 p.m. on weekdays only [I'm not around next Monday and Tuesday cause will be at training]) <LI>Choa Chu Kang (6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on weekdays, weekends upon request) <LI>SengKang/Punggol MRT (6:10 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on weekdays, weekends upon request) <LI>My home at Punggol (after 8:30 p.m. on weekdays, weekends upon request)[/list]

andrea...ya i read from the BP and blog...

But personally, how do u utilise it? more during the daytime right? it seems to be a nice-to-have but not a 'must-have' item? but yet i see so many ppl buying so i'm wondering like...from experience, how do you mummies who have it find it? how much does it enhance your baby-playtime etc?

Hope you all can share.

Back