(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Been MIA for a while cause very busy- my baby is napping lesser and lesser these days. On some days he takes only ONE nap in the afternoon that lasts not longer than an hour, so abit heh heh chuan lol.

Garfield, u been BF for so long liao, if can persevere then carry on. Even a few bottles a day is better than none. But must also take care of yourself at the same time.
happy.gif

eliaw, glad that all bacteria is cleared. This conditon can be very serious at times, so your boy is very blessed to recover so well. My PD told me once, she had a patient, malay boy who only saw her when he was ten years old. And they never detected this condition in him cause they were too poor to go to a PD and GP never suspected anything. So by the time they went to her, his condition had already affected his kidneys permanently and after dialysis for a year, he passed away cause nothing can save 10 years of undetected damage. So sad right.
sad.gif

Your boy will be fine in no time!
happy.gif

artemis, for bbs prone to throwing up, let them sit up or stay upright (carried upright) after feeding, it helps the excess wind escape naturally.

dorothy, wow the pictures are v well taken, the $120 is worth many times over.
happy.gif

Isobellies, yar lor, I agree on the non-verifiable authenticity from those factory outlet-type of shops or BPs. Its a risk to take lor. Thats why if want authentic, best to buy from boutique or directly from the online shop itself.

jeannie, wow that thread is so long. I feel v sorry for the BP organiser if she is really a victim herself tho I can understand why the mummies are so mad.

bx, does anyone talk to bb normally (like a day-to-day thing)? I read (and find that it seems true for me and my friends' bb) that if bb gets talked to alot, they are naturally more vocal and responsive. Maybe can get her caregiver to talk to her alot? Like can tell her what she is looking at, what you are eating, what you are going to feed her, about the weather, where she went, where is daddy, about the olympics even (haha), etc I talk to my boy the entire day and he talks alot back to me. I find that he talks at least 50% lesser with my hubby because he is alot quieter than me (I am quite talkative haha :p) so I think it really makes a diff how much a bb is talked to.

Mummies, I am looking for a good juicer to buy, please let me know if any of you knows of any major dept store (esp CK tangs) having a sale, thanks!
happy.gif

tongtong,
Co have a trip in dec. So my mum and hubby had been nagging me to stop bf or EBM by then. So now still don't know how to stop slowly. Now pumping once a day already. Then what's next to proceed?

thankful,
Dec still about 3~4 months to go.
you can take it slowly.
i have no experience but i think by not emptying your breast with each pump, you can decrease your supply. pump until comfortable will do. that's what i read somewhere.

hi mummies !!!

finally got time to login again...

my bb caught a cold, now her nose is leaking.. and blocked at the same time ?!!? :-/ its been a week... anyone knows how come it takes so long ? pd gave us a drip for her nose (but cannot use more than 5 days, and syrup for blocked nose & phlegm).

she's turning 6mths old next sat !! so excited !!

btw, any mummies know where can i find high chair ? and which sippy mug is good ??

and i am lost seeing so many different kinds of rice cereal on the shelf at the supermarkets..... which is good ???

re: healthytimes
Artemis,

To Account POSB Savings
109-37121-1 Artemis
Amount S$23.23
Transaction Reference 1840646267

thanks!!

Xiao Yun,
Is this cheaper?

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp54802_333181_sespider/california_baby/calendula_cream.htm
Buy 6 for $10.88ea

http://www.babiestravellite.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BTL&Product_Code=CBCC
$12.49

http://www.diapers.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=5076&From=Brand
Price: $10.99

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/itemKey/57870
Lucky Price: $12.08

Comparison which website selling better price:
http://www.bizrate.com/childrenshealthcare/products__keyword--california+baby+calendula+cream.html

http://store.sheepish.us/cacrcaba.html
Regular price: $10.50Sale price: $9.99 But OOS

http://www.outletnutrition.com/792692334555.html
Regular price: $11.49
Sale price: $8.64, 24/$200.40, 48/$382.56
(NOTE: California Baby Has Pulled Their Products from Distribution to Price Conscious Online Retailers)

Hi Feb Mummies,

Congratulations to successfully delivering your bundle of joy
happy.gif

I am from the Support Thread for Miscarriages and I'm hoping to compile a list of Successful Deliveries after Prior Miscarriages. If there's any mummy here who went through that, PLEASE help to motivate all of us by adding on the this list at the thread address below:
Nick - # of M/C - Month of Last M/C – # of Cycles (Pregnant Again) – Month of Delivery

Thanks a lot
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/22127.html?1218605645

Hi Artemis,

RE : Healthy Times BP

POSB Savings 109-37121-1 artemissoh
Amount S$22.37
Transaction Reference 1840771918

Thanks.

went to read abt the longchamp BP, wah..really quite dramatic..

duno whether to pity the organiser or the pp who buy from her. but its a huge order.

hi xiaoyun,

i wish to order

re: organic cereal
hi gals,
i am getting HappyBellies organic cereals + DHA + probiotics from Amazon. 6 canisters each for Brown rice and MultiGrain. It's 7 oz per canister - more expensive than HealthyTimes. It contains probiotics, that's why I would like to try it out.
anybody wants to share with me?

Brown rice (USD 25.11/6 = USD 4.19)
(1) xiaoyun
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)

MultiGrain (USD 25.11/6 = USD 4.19)
(1) xiaoyun
(2) goodbbb
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)

jeannie
i didn't buy the jumperoo. a relative lend it to us. hee. foc. the height is adjustable. there are 3 length. just make sure bb's toes are tiptoe-ing when placed in the jumperoo. shawn using the middle length now. so, depending on the ht of bb now and how fast they are likely to grow, can roughly guage the usage. u wanna bring gwen to my mum's plc to try it out?

thankful
xiaoyun is right. to stop the supply gradually, don't empty when you pump.

berry
i agree with you re talking to bb. my girl talks alot and was faster in speech as compared to her cousin whose 5wks younger then her. my mum talks alot to her when she's under her care. in fact, me and hubby talk far less than my mum. let's see if my boy will be the same.

Hi qingling,

Yeah lor... I know but she keeps doing it leh :p Machiam like those aerobic exercise program like that. Make her sit down she complain like what like that.

Hi dawn,

That time Isetan sale I bought the Tiger food jar cum thermos flask set at S$50. Not sure cheap a not. Maybe you can look out?

Hi Stephie,

Thanks for the information on the jumperoo.
happy.gif
From US should be around S$160 estimating the box will be 10 kg.

Both also got for the vomit. Mostly more like curd.

Hi dorothy,

Wah Gervaise so super cute!

By the way, your Children's Place coin purse still with me... How you want to pick up? You still need to transfer S$1.14 for shipping charge.

Hi kitsune,

I stay in Punggol. Where is Tampines round market ah?

Hi jeannie,

Okay, I checked. You still need to transfer S$1.39 for Children's Place items and S$15.34 for BabyCenter items. Total is S$16.73.
happy.gif

Hi Berry,

I tried that but Danica likes to squirm around, arch back and only satisfied when she is on the floor rolling around (she likes to double/triple flip) or scooting around on her tummy. Sit down on the Bumbo seat, she will lean forward and attempt to lick/chew on the front part. Stand she will attempt to jump. :p Super hyper active and this is on pure BM/EBM. Can't imagine if next time she takes candy.

RE : OldNavy.com 2 August / KidsSurplus / BabyCenter #1

The items have all arrived at Comgateway and Borderlinx respectively. However, I was only able to generate and make payment to the BabyCenter items at Borderlinx as the Comgateway still pending the weight charge. Not sure why so slow.

RE : Babycenter #2

I was thinking of getting the Leapfrog Discovery Ball leh... Cause USD11.99 only but Stephie said S$20+ shipping? Wah like that around S$38 not sure worth it a not? Anyone else interested other than lezy, Isobellies? I scared to order small small amount now. :p Want to consolidate to USD200 at least.

Ladies please pay up cause I think they only accept cash on delivery. Thanks.
happy.gif

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
Healthy Times BP
Healthy Times BP 20080810.xls (26.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Oops... Super long post as whole day quite busy. :p Sorry about that.

RE : Braun Handheld foodprocessor BP

Allahmah! Got 2 people back out... Now need 1 more set to fill MOQ (I had 11 orders). <sigh>

thankful, i think like what xiaoyun says, pump less and less each time. i think sure ss will eventually stop. me still trying to clear my blocked ducts..ahhh..

thankful,
since we are now not be able to find any calendula cream < 9.50. spree is no longer worth it.
so, my advise to you is to get from the link i posted.
happy.gif

re: organic cereal
hi gals,
i am getting HappyBellies organic cereals + DHA + probiotics from Amazon. 6 canisters each for Brown rice and MultiGrain. It's 7 oz per canister - more expensive than HealthyTimes. It contains probiotics, that's why I would like to try it out.
anybody wants to share with me?

Brown rice (USD 25.11/6 = USD 4.19)
http://www.amazon.com/HAPPYBELLIES-Contains-Probiotics-Organic-Canisters/dp/B000YSTGGW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&amp;s=grocery&amp;qid=1218615749&amp;sr=8-1
(1) xiaoyun
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)

MultiGrain (USD 25.11/6 = USD 4.19)
http://www.amazon.com/HAPPYBELLIES-Multigrain-Contains-Probiotics-Canisters/dp/B000YSQ9GC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&amp;s=baby-products&amp;qid=1218615749&amp;sr=8-3
(1) xiaoyun
(2) goodbbb
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)

Hi Xiao Yun,

:p I already have the Bellamy's baby rice, baby cereal then ordering the Healthy Times 3 packs. Do I need anymore cereal?

re: refund of calendula cream
To Account POSB Savings
126-50833-6 Joeey
Amount S$26.68
Transaction Reference 1840954969

To Account POSB Savings
126-42063-3 Kitsune
Amount S$13.34
Transaction Reference 1840955381

To : piglettail 351-100-073-2 SGD
Amount : SGD13.34
Transfer Date: 13/08/2008 (Immediate)
Transaction Reference : 100001054025594

snowbelle, winnie,
pending your account number.

re: bb cereal
artemis,
i am not sure. cos i think bb will 'graduate' to porridge soon.
i am planning to let her have cereal for breakfast.
anyway, i've friends who are pregnant now. if i can't finish, will just sell to them the excess if they don't mind.

hi jeannie,

i ordered the agnes b bag,also like ur longchamp bag case,the medium size longchamp bag is retailing how much in spore?

artemis, ya hor. i sms u.
cos i think i need to get fish oil

re:photopackage
mummies, my package was book in mar, my package is $120 for an hour photo-taking(but we took almost 2 hours). all the shot returns to us(abt 300 pcs). no makeup or hairdo. if taken on weekday, there is 3 8-R pic given.

mummies, who r interested, can go to business thread to see what promo they have

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/556344.html?1218600256

bx,
re:gervaise's hair
heehee. maybe cos he shaved. so these are his new grown hair.

goodbb
the agnes b one also fake? i was looking at the bags, lucky in the end decided not to buy.

but then hor, even dvd got fake one, like the bb einstein.

Re: Longchamp

i actually quite pity her lah but i also do think that she should come out and explain. Actually before i order the bag from her i already intended to buy from robinsons.. small one is abt 145 which is acceptable.. but i thot since she got authentic ones w slight defects.. dun mind lor.. but in the end... aiyah... nvm lah.. never ask for refund.. think just like that lor

goodbaby.. i dunno px for M one but s is abt 145.

isobellies.. think if want to get any bags.. from overseas sprees will be the best lor...

BX.. i am fine for 23rd Aug.. but what time har?

BX... when u say baby quiet like how har.. actually my baby also dun talk super a lot but sometimes she will talk to herself. Or she will respond when u talk and play w her lor.. other than that.. she's not a very smiley baby.. dun smile/laugh and talk a lot.. but unlike xiaoyun says.. hehe.. i will not be able to ignore her prescence lah.. she will cry for attention in 10 mins lor if nobody bothers abt her. I iwsh i can ignore her presecene lor....so got more free time :p. ut recently,.. my ger has been talking happily after her feed... cause she satisfied liao..
happy.gif

But i agree w what berry says lah.. my baby talks lesser to my hubby cause my hubby nver talk to her one. Sometimes when my baby talks to him he never respond.. angry... tell him he must respond what.. baby talk to him leh.

STephie.. i can try the jumperoo har.. hehe.. that will be great.. when will u be there and when can i drop by??? I only bring baby home on weekday evening onwards and also weekends..

artemis.. can i order 1 barely ceral (35) and 1 oatmeal cereal (37). I will collect all my utems together including the clothes.

so total how much should i transfer.. the healthy times is bought from local supplier har?

Artemis, the round market is before the PIE exit and near Tampines Safra, not sure if you know where. There's a Maybank, KFC and Pizza hut near there too. I think it's called Tampines Street 11.

Agree about talking to baby, we talk to her a lot and she talks a lot too.
happy.gif

jeannie.
she doesn't really blabber alot. only make occasional sounds. and will scream when she wants attention. other than that, she will not "talk". but she smiles and laughs alot though.

yesterday i so silly. went to ask my colleague if she might be mute. *touch wood* my colleague ask "she cry got sound come out? if got sound, shouldn't be lah" haha... i feel so stupid...

the class is at 2.30pm. maybe u can see how quiet ashlynn is when we meet up.

re: BJG
anyone else keen to join me, jeannie and isobellies on 23 aug at 2.30pm for Baby Jumper Gym class? seding email to confirm with them soon...

Hi bx,
may i knw where is the BB Jumper Gym class? thinking of joining the fun as well.

Hi Artemis,
I've done an ATM trf of S$23.49 into ur account yestr, for the HT stuffs. Collection at CCK. Cld u order an additional item for me? the vanilla teethers. Will trf again 2day ok? It's S$4.76 rite?? Thks!

Artemis, hmmm...when is the next Isetan sale har? anybody else knows? oh n i ordered the Discovery ball last time...yes the shipping was around $17. there was a sale last time selling the ball at about US7, maybe u wait n see if the sale comes back again? Think even if u pay $38 it is still worth it cos my fren saw it selling at SG about $50 plus?

my boy can mumble "ba ba" these few days....haha but think he doesn't know what he is mumbling about. cos my MIL loves carrying him all the time n every day chant "bao bao" (carry carry) to him whenever she sees her, his 1st word is bao bao...then now modifed to "baba"....haha....now when he talks it is always whole string of babababaobaobaobababaobaobabaababababa....v amusing listening to him. now i must teach him how to say "mum mum...mamamamamma"...how can let my MIL win!!!??

bb talking

i thk i talk quite a fair bit to my son too but he doesn't 'talk back' much leh, always jus smile back. A sign that he will not argue wid me when he becomes a teenager???? hmmmmm.....how i wish.... :p

Hi jeannie,

Let me tabulate and get back to you when I'm in the office. I believe Healthy Times is also available in supermarkets but no 15% discount unless you have a certain credit card.

Hi kitsune,

:p I will ask my HB. Danica is going for her immunisation injections tomorrow. Will ask her regular PD about it first (she was on leave). Thanks for the recommendation.
happy.gif

Hi leila,

Yes, it's S$4.76.

RE : Baby talk

Danica has both her quiet and not so quiet side. Mostly if someone talks to her, she will answer back in her baby language. She also talks to her toys, pillow and security blanket. I agree that responding/talking to them is the best way to get them vocalising. Perhaps, bx, Ashlynn just doesn't have anything to talk about? I know it sounds silly but when you get back from work, you can try asking her how was her day and make appropriate acknowledgement sounds if she responds.

leila, wahaha! Yar, sekali the only meaning is that if bb dont talk alot means wont argue when become teenager, then I cham liao. :p

dawn, the isetan sale just passed, I think next store-wide sale could be near year end? But they always have the 10% rebate thingy, prob one more in few mths' time.

Iso, eh even giodarno (or giodano??) also got fake one LOL! I couldnt believe my eyes too. Saw a pile of 'giodarno' shirts at this HDB market area selling for $5 each. Dont think its real cause the shop dont even have a proper signboard, def not a giodarno store.

artemis,
thanks for ur suggestion. lemme try talking to her tonight
happy.gif

leila,
it's at bukit batok. i am interested to see how they do flash cards to the babies.

iso: waaah! hahah..

dawn: a friend once advised me that i should teach my bb to say daddy/dada/papa first before mama/mummy, so when bb calls for his father, you can just give the baby to hubby and say "he calling you" and then you can go for a break! heh.

jeannie
when do you usually reach home with bb on weekdays? i usually stay till around 8pm before leaving my mum's place.

isobellies
wahahahaha.......i like that!
happy.gif
will encourage him to perfect his "ba ba" n i can pass him to daddy liow! my hubby was touched yesterday when he sees that his son could "call" him liow...even though we think he is just mumbling. haha.

Berry, thanks.
happy.gif
will wait for the sale!

Hi jeannie,

Total you should transfer S$28.47 (S$1.39 [Children's Place] + S$15.34 [BabyCenter] + S$11.74 [Healthy Times])

Hi leila/Berry,

I already anticipate arguments cause both my HB and I quite fiery tempers. :p Plus, nowadays, if she wants to play with a toy and you take it away from her, she throws a tantrum.

Hi Isobellies,

Hahaha... But I still prefer her to call me first :p

Hi dawn,

My HB also very touched when Danica goes bababa. Though I am very sure that she doesn't know what she is saying (self comforting) :p

Will the ladies who ordered but not transferred please do so asap? I have placed orders as I want to get the items in asap to pass to my sister who is coming this Sunday for those opting to collect from Choa Chu Kang.

mime_msexcel.gif
Healthy Times BP
Healthy Times BP 20080810.xls (26.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Bx, I'm interested in BJG trial but I'm working next Sat, 23 Aug so can't go. My hubby has tuition at Bukit batok every Sunday morning, so thinking if it's good, he can drop me and baby for class while he goes for his tuition.

Artemis, me too, I'm possessive. Haha, hope baby call me first but she yet to say anything close to mama while she started said 'dae dae dae'. :p

Bx, if postpone one more week will be school holidays which is good but do you know if they have trial class on Sunday if other mummies don't mind? Cos hubby may complain if I make him drive all the way from Tampines to Bukit Batok on Sat &amp; Sun. hehe, paiseh. :p

Hi kitsune,

Hahaha... I know what you mean. I have been saying "Mama" to Danica to get her to repeat. :p My HB said I cheater bug. Nowadays, when I call her name, she will look like she's wondering if I'm calling her and turn to look at me then when I smile at her, she smiles back. Oh... Super don't feel like going to work. :p Want to stay at home and play with her.

jeannie: why dint u try to get the refund?

bx: my ss dropped too but then i had papaya soup again and the supply increased leh. seems like the papaya really powerful. as for the milk composition, mine more milky compared to previous.

eliaw: how did you discover that carter got urine infection?

thankful: i think when you pumping once a day, dont drain completely, pump till you feel comfortable then stop.

Artemis: I saw taka bbfair selling jumperoo at $199. you said after shipping if buy from US is $160? as for the discovery ball, yea perhaps can wait till it drops to USD7? hehe

lately even if I pump completely supply is dropping already. Sad going to stop soon. Can't save money after stopping. Milk powder going up and up.

Artemis,
Transfer already.
To Account POSB Savings
109-37121-1 Artemis Soh Flashcds
Amount S$40.07
Transaction Reference 1842156159
14 Aug 2008 03:32 PM

Will the ladies who ordered but not transferred please do so asap? I have placed orders as I want to get the items in asap to pass to my sister who is coming this Sunday for those opting to collect from Choa Chu Kang. For those opting to collect from Choa Chu Kang but have not specified please do so by 2359, on Saturday, 16 August 2008.

mime_msexcel.gif
Healthy Times BP
Healthy Times BP 20080810.xls (28.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Back