(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

dawn
so cute!! did you buy one? actually the one i was referring to is not a sleeping bag but a swaddle cloth from grobag
happy.gif

Ladies,
Happymum2b unable to pass to me the hair clips as her gal is hospitalise for "broncolitius" (don't really know how to spell it).

bkkgal, you not going for the gathering tomorrow. Alamak, thought I can get my pigeon breast pads, down to last 10 pieces liao.
sad.gif

Poor happy2mum2b, hope Erlene is ok.

Thankful, you still going right? Want to sell me your breast pads? Anyone else with breast pads to let go? If not I got to buy tomorrow liao, if not enough after Tues. :p

Cherly, buy bumbo from Kiddy Palace $59.90 only. No need to bother about delivery.

Garfield/Iso etc, thanks for advice. I'll trial and error to see. Today, bb at MIL's place cos tomorrow morning I got to make salad, not confident that I have time to prepare if need to latch on, pump and shower her. Anyway, both hubby and I so tired after 2 days so tonight take a break lar. :p

garfield,
oh like that ah... means normal mah?
how come mine so weird no dream feed one? *faint*

oh your boy Jan ah? so eager to see the world.. keke
happy.gif
mine EDD liao dowan to come out gotta induce somemore...muahaha

bkkgal/garfield/kitsune/leila/Iso.. jiayou k.. i can imagine how it will be like when baby is grouchy and u simply dun noe what they want. Just hope this phase will pass soon.

Actually i find that baby is easier to take care this 2 months compared to the 1 st month cause now can stretch the feeding time.. feed every 3 hrs and also she does not poo as much. But of coz.. baby starting to have a "mind of their own" beginning to see their personality now. Thank goodness my ger quite easily satisfied.. naps a lot in the day time.. when she cries its usually the same reasons.. poo, wet, hungry, sleepy, wants to be carried, bored. The only 2 times she cried like mad was abt 6 weeks old when we brought her out and abt 7 weeks old when she was over stimulated.. cried from 12 am till 4 am.. dunno what she want. \thank goodness she hasnt repeat that.. *touchwood*

Bkkgal.. ur ger sleeps quite early hor..

Re:dreamfeed
i usually bring baby to room abt 9pm.. latest 9.30 pm to 10 and she will have her dream feed.. but not exactly dreamfeed leh.. cause. she will beawake drinking then drink till she sleeps or if she does not sleep then we will pat her to sleep after that feed. She will wake up once at 3-4 am and sleep till 7 am and now i feed her again at 7 am and she can sleep till 9+ am. She has been following this routine for quite sometime.If she sleeps early i will still DF her when time is up cause i noe she needs 1 more feed before 12 am otherwise she cant last till 4 am next day.

Pinkie.. u are so lucky!!

happymum.. take care k.. hope erlene is ok

xiaoyun.. can i add in my order??

Re: Swaddle

i on the same fence as garfield and bkkgal.. i swaddle my ger every night!!! Else she will sweep her hands all over her face and she moves her legs a lot too. Bo pian.. but think now she quite used to it liao..

happy,
oh no!!! hope erlene is ok....happy pls take care

pinkle,
hee not weird lah...yr bb kuai kuai
biggrin.gif

iso,
i also starting to scratch head what to use to swaddle baby in the day cos she has outgrown nappy. will go check out the grobag swaddle that you recommended. is it suitable for daytime use without aircon?

kitsune,
you on TBF right? can try to note down how much raeanne consumes in total in the day (if EBM total how many ml + if latch on, how many mins). you will be able to estimate how much she needs in a day before retiring to bed, so as to be able to last till xx AM in the night. then you adjust from there. DF is not necessary so long as raeanne consumes enough before going to bed for the night.

Hi, this thread's really runs fast.
happy.gif

I dun understand why I dun receive updates in my yahoo mails like how I use to previously.
sad.gif

Happy, how's ur kid?

Started work to break my leave in order to go for longer NPL...very tiring...waking up as early as 5am to do some milking then prepare for work...
sad.gif

U gals meeting at kelly's today? Enjoy urselves. Me will be at the zoo feeding the mozzies...
kao_sticktongue.gif

kitsune, no i can't go. sorri. it's vesak day, i think my sis will be home. pop by if convenient ok?

happy, hope ur dd ok..keep us updated ok?

jeannie, ya my bb sleeps v early...now that i started work, i have to beat the clock everyday to rush home and catch her while she awake!
sad.gif
very shiong and tiring for us.

Swaddle
Yeah, I bought the parentcraft one oso and find it very hot unless sleep in aircon. So far have been using the 2 swaddles that NUH gave me, still ok but i think dd growing longer. Grobag swaddle, how much huh?

morning ladies,
bb leonard woke up wid a deep scratch on his face....so heart pain...thk mayb start swaddling him now too late to get him used to...sigh!

bkkgal,
thks for the info on BW forum...will go pick up some tips there

ladies heading to Kelly's,
I jus found out the cake shop only opens at 12pm and i need to make a detour there to pick up the cake b4 heading to Kelly's. So, i shd be a little late. Will txt Kelly later. Pls start chomping first ya...

Hi Iso,

The web site put suitable for birth to 3 months but Danica will be 3 months in 2 weeks time. Maybe will get the dream bag or grobag sleeping bag instead. I think I saw the grobag selling in Mothercare for about S$80. I wonder if in UK will be cheaper a not. :p Ask my angmo boss to help bring it over to me.

Hi happymum2be,

Oh dear! Take care and may Erlene get well soon.

Hi p1nk1e,

Danica was also due on 28 February but had to induce on 1 March when she did not want to come out and the water level in my uterus was diminishing.

bx,
some authors like tracy say add 30ml to your pumping output. i use a different method, cos it's how much bb has actually drunk, and not how much milk is in my breast
biggrin.gif

what i do is that i will gauge based on how long a feeding interval bb can tahan when she latches on. Eg. if Arielle takes 120ml EBM and can last 2.5hrs and goes on the breast and can last 3hrs, then I will estimate that she drank at least 120ml, and likely to have drunk approx 140ml (120/2.5 x 3).

Not 100% perfect, but good enough to explain her feeding intervals, total consumption and sleeping patterns

reading this parenting book now, and it says that we should have a vision and think through what are the top 5 values you want to incalcate in our child. we play a BIG PART in teaching our children values as the months progress...cos our children will learn values thru daily interaction with us, thru our examples, thru the values we strive toward, thru our explanations of the world.

anyone has spent any time thinking through? i spent some time thinking about it and here is my list:
1. Integrity
2. Compassion
3. Perseverence
4. Contentment
5. Optimistic / positive mindset

thought to share this here cos it never really occurred to me until now. and it makes a lot of sense since our bbs seem to be developing a personality/character already.

bkk
it was about $30+

artemis
haha yeah, my boy about 3.5months now, abt 5.9kg, still seems q ok cos it's quite long at both the left and right sides. only that the feet part might be a bit short, but i think most impt for them is that the body feels secure i guess?
happy.gif
i also have a sleeping bag, one from babysafe and one from lucky baby - both zip up in the front, which i think is a bit stupid cos i'm sure sometimes the zip will kind of get in the way. i wish i had seen the grobag one first (with buttons at the top) then i would have gotten that!!

artmemis,
hehe... mine EDD 22 feb, and induced on the same day since he didn't seem like wanting to come out :p
you chose 28 feb? if not might be leap year bb
happy.gif

p1nk1e, mine's also on 22 Feb because of the same conditions as Artemis'. Water level was at a precarious low level so ob said must go in straight...

My gal's now 5.5kg at 3mths minus 3 days. Thank God she has grown a fair bit compared to the previous scare of dropping to more than 10% below birth weight.

h@ppy,
hope erlene's condition is not serious and she can get well soon...take care !

jaslyn,
my son was born on 21 feb and he's about 6.3kg :p

re:dreamfeed,
i do notice that for the past 2 days i skipped the dreamfeed (last feed around 9-9.30) and my son doesn't wake up at 1-2am...he can tahan until 3-4am. tonight will do the same thing...

re:bottlefeed,
i change teat to pigeon teat, and today he was v sleepy but he finished 70ml and doze off without crying !! again, i hope it's not a blue moon thingy but will stick with pigeon teat for the time being and observe...

am v happy today, coz my son finally managed to lift his head pretty steady and for quite some time so that we can take pictures !! here's a pic of him
happy.gif

1430278.jpg

diaper sales alert, just came back from ntuc and pampers active size m-xl is selling for $54.50 for 2 packs of 68pc... can start stocking up
happy.gif

I tried the EASY method. Dun work on baby channet. she eat, activity, need milk and then sleep.

Cheryl,
If you want the bumbo seat from Kidzloft, I can do a delivery to your place. I frequent choa chu kang recently.

All,
my bb is taking 150ml at 3mths. How come yours taking so little?

blueginger
Long time no 'see'
happy.gif

My boy drinks at most 125ml. Usu oni drink 80ml if i feed ebm. Nt sure hw much he takes when latch on (which is 90% of d time).

Milk intake varies fr bb to bb. I thk as long as bb is puttg on wt, it's fine.

amy,
ic!
happy.gif
so my boy and your girl same bd
happy.gif

btw, he's 6kg - guess boys heavier lah :p

jas,
mine's 6kg wor... wat was your boy's weight at birth?
happy.gif

any recommendations for bangkok?
thinking of taking a short trip to bkk before i end my maternity leave...
water conditions shud be bad so betta pump milk & throw?

Stephie,
ya. Long time no see. I was full-time taking care of my bb all these while. hence, no time to online.

Cheryl,
OIC.
haha... Sleep half-way, must be very tiring. How long did he swim? How much are you paying for it? When are u gng there again? Can I go with you?
My MIL saw the swimming session 2 weeks ago. We wanna go for it last week if not for the HFMD. My MIL even wanna go to the extend of buying the pool for my baby to swim at home. hahah...

SALE ALERT!!!
Kiddy palace is having sale 15% discount for non-member and 20% for member. Offer on all item except SALE items til mid of Jun.

hi mummies,
re: Erlene
2 weeks ago, she caught the flu virus from kor kor and had runny nose.. brought her to GP and she recovered after a week. Then she developed coughing.. We brought her to GP again but her cough got worse and worse.. Finally at last fri evening (5th day of her cough) we brought her to a PD and the PD told us that her case was rather serious as she was breathing fast & hard and this can be seen from her stomach movement and she could hear "wheezing" sound coming from her.. This maybe a normal flu virus but becos of erlene's age, this virus hit her hard.. Usually the phlegm will clog around the throat area but for erlene's case, the phlegm had gone to her lungs and caused her to cough very badly.. the PD commented that she was "coughing like an adult"..
The PD told us to bring her to KKH immediately which we did.. At KKH, she was diagnosed with "acute bronchiolitis" and need to be hospitalized for further observation since she is only 3 months old.. During the 2 day stay, she was mainly given the "gas" treatment of oxygen + some medicine to open up her airways.. No oral medication was given..
She was given the green light to be discharged on Sunday evening after the doctor confirmed that her lungs are better..
Her poor appetite is picking up.. We are monitoring her closely and hope she recovered quickly.. thks all for your well wishes..

tute
so cute!! what a nice photo!!
happy.gif

h@ppy
wow, hope she gets well soon. my nephew also went to TMC today to see PD for similar bronchiolitis, guess it must be quite common these days! :S

bkkgal, sorry didn't know there was bereavement in your family. My condolences. :p It's ok. Kelly kindly sold some loose pieces to tide me over. I'll plan to collect from your mum's on weekend then.
happy.gif

Happy, glad to hear that Erlene has been discharged.
happy.gif

Garfield, good idea. I'll try and take note of RaeAnne's total consumption. Problem is sometimes MIL doesn't remember so unless it's weekend, then I can monitor the whole day. Today, she didn't drink much.
5+am - 100ml (est, ILs place)
10am - 110ml (est, ILs place)
1+pm - 5:50pm - 110ml (From Kelly's to home)
7pm - Latch on 10mins
9pm - Latch on 10mins
9:30pm - finally KO

Had fun at Kelly's, thanks for having us. Too bad, my gal too distracted, didn't want to sleep nor drink milk so we had to leave early. here's the picture of the 3 babies on the mattress. L-R: RaeAnne (my little gal), Heidi (QingLing's baby), Danica(Artemis's baby).
happy.gif

Cheryl, so you bought your bumbo? What colour did you get? Tried the bumbo at Kelly's, will bug hubby to get one for RaeAnne too.
biggrin.gif

1431095.jpg

kitsune
glad u had fun. i had fun chatting wif everyone too.

qingling
thks 4 taking e effort 2 come all e way fr jurong west. "gan dong gan dong". last time stephie came, i also very touched. now ur turn.

next time west side mummies hold gathering, i'll gather my village n head west too.

Update,

Garfield, good idea. I'll try and take note of RaeAnne's total consumption. Problem is sometimes MIL doesn't remember so unless it's weekend, then I can monitor the whole day. Today, she didn't drink much.
5+am - 100ml (est, ILs place)
10am - 110ml (est, ILs place)
1+pm - 5:50pm - 110ml (From Kelly's to home)
7pm - Latch on 10mins
9pm - Latch on 10mins
9:30pm - finally KO
11:20pm - 125ml

Cheryl,
Sure。 U let me know again。 SMS me better just in case I din online.
Poor Vernon botah. Bad mum do it on him.

Happymum,
Pls take care, esp u r taking care of 2 kids.

kitsune,
RaeAnne fit well into the seat. 

hello all

good gathering today...nice food! n tks kelly for the hospitality.n
happy.gif

kitsune/kelly - i bought the bumbo seat le!! haha..

west side gathering - maybe we cab go stephie's hse swimming pool? keke....my house also can gather no prob
happy.gif

Back