(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Artemis,
Thanks for your explanation on EASY
happy.gif

My son was born on 28 feb, weigh 5kg when he is 2months and when he went for his first 6-in-one jab. Not consider heavy right?

Veron’sMummy,
Your bb looks really cute during his 1st swim. How many months old is he?
I also quite keen on the aquaDucks Free Trial Class leh… but need to discuss with hubby first cos he is so scare to bring baby out. Scare of virus, this and that… Peng san!

Happybee,
I also caught between whether to let my bb suck thumb or pacifier. I dun like to use pacifier, cos I heard it will affect the gum growth?? Currently we still let baby wears his mittons… After that, I also dunno how. Read from book that it is good for us to introduce finger to bb mouth?? Is it true?

hi everyone,

lelong lelong!!!!

One brand new 900g Friso 1 for sale going at $20.

one brand new 400g Smiliac follow on (abv 6 mths) going at $10 (Neg)

Self collection at orchard after office hours. Interested parties, pls pm me.

stardust,

i never heard of introduce finger to bb lei..but i guess it is no good lah...dirty lei..especially now got HFMD..hopefully can just give pacifier when she about to sleep, then remove when she fall asleep...cross my fingers :p

re: vitaglo spree
vine,
sure. can add in more orders.
but i need to recalculate with the new price.

qoosan/dor/kelly,
refund you the money to your account already.
To Account POSB Savings
107-47012-3 kelly
Amount S$26.74
Transaction Reference 1715833499

To Account POSB Savings
026-31174-8 QooSan
Amount S$43.88
Transaction Reference 1715834334

To Account POSB Savings
065-38138-9 Dorothy
Amount S$4.00
Transaction Reference 1715834977

i will try if there's any stock for calendula cream. can't remember who wants it already.
can you please add in the list?
LV CB Calendula Cream:
(1)

happybee,
your gal so cute sucking her thumb!!

re suck thumb - my PD recommends it!!! she said sucking thumb is preferred over the pacifier as it is important for bb to learn how to calm / soothe themselves albeit thru sucking their own thumb.

sucking thumb- I am def all for my baby sucking his thumb. Actually I've come across at least 5-6 books that avocates this and my PD agrees too, that its a very natural and good thing to encourage- for a bb to self-soothe thru thumb-sucking. As for dirtiness, unless you dont allow your child to explore by touching/grabbing randomly, then its quite impossible to create a completely sterile environment- and even if you can, its not a good thing cause there are plenty of pretty harmless dirt/germs around that actually helps a young child'd immune system to develop. Also, young kids (few mths up to 18mths or even 2yo) tend to mouth things because their hands arent sensitive enough to help them feel objects as clearly as they can when they are mouthing it- so this is actually part of a very natural developmental process. And I feel that their thumbs cant be dirtier than the objects they tend to mouth anyway. Actually there are plenty of books out there that gives detailed info on these, worth reading for sure.
happy.gif

Anyway my older DD sucked her thumb till she was nearly 2, I never felt the need to stop her and believed that she would stop when she was ready- and she did.
happy.gif

happybee, thats a lovely pic! I am eagerly waiting for my boy to find his thumb, then I will very happily say goodbye to his pacifiers!

happybee: ur ger is so cute. haha my boy oso throw tantrum when we remove his hand.

re: suck thumb / give pacifier
i scared if i give pacifier, then v difficult to get rid of the habit leh. @ least the thumb we can keep pulling it out when we see it. dilemma wor.

berry: thanks for the insight.
happy.gif
i guess its true tat bb's mouth and tongue is more sensitive and develop earlier than their sense of touch (think i read it before in my psychology textbook many yrs back). tats y they like to grab things and stuff into their mouth. i just pray tat he wont suck for too long. my fren's niece suck till her thumb is slanted.

Pneumoccocal Jab:
My GP quoted me $150 per jab (no consultation charge required). Since my boy is only 3 mths old, he will need jab @ 3, 4, 5 & 18mths. Is this pricing reasonable mummies, can advise?
Expensive leh...

jsalyn, actually WHILE my DD was sucking her thumb, my hubby commented that it looked a little flat haha. but the shape naturally returned to normal within half a year.

aiyoh.. e babies so cute.. qingling.. thats ur baby ger rite?? and whose har??

The previous photo also got 3 babies.. who are they?? can intro hehe..

Cheryl.. congrats leh..vernon got pic of the week.. hehe.. a lot of supporters!!

BTW, how much does it cost for 1 swimming session.. i also wanna bring my ger there.. must book?? But i scared she cry leh though normally she does not cry when bathing.

Re: white spots on body

Any of ur babies got white spots on body eg tummy?? Mine have on the neck and tummy.. sianz.. dunno why my ger her skin very bad leh.. can we use the normal fungal cream for white spots? Thats why the gp gave me.. but i dun dare to use..

BX,... i think if ur baby is eating normally and got poo regularly.. its fine.. dun worry too much.. maybe she has not have a growth spurt.My baby at 6 weeks is alreadly 5.7 kg but after that i dun think she gain much weight.. gonna see doc for her jab on 27th .. will update u my baby's weight.

Blueginger, long time no hear from you. Ya, I thought so too, anyway, RaeAnne not the chubby type, think should last quite long bah.

Bx, RaeAnne was 6kg on 7 May, 2 weeks ago. She turns 4 mth this Thursday. Don't think yours is too small.
happy.gif

Garfield, I'm keen on Baby bjorn but remember there was a BP going on but can't remember what was the price for the Synergy model?

Jeannie, actually I posted the caption for the 3 babies photo, they are RaeAnne, Heidi (Qing Ling's bb) and Danica (artemis's bb).
happy.gif
I also wonder whether need to book before can go swimming, want to bring my gal after she turns 4mths.

jaslyn
$150 for a jab is considered cheap liao. so far, i only manage to find one at $160. where's the clinic?

bx,
not hardworking leh, it's bo pian. dun pump regularly not enough to feed arielle.

re weight - she is 13weeks+ and 5.78kg. i dun think she's underweight, and in fact hb thinks she's too fat muahahahaha....

i think all babies increase weight at different rates, the range is 150g to 250g per week which works out to 600g to 1kg per month. so the variation is quite wide.

kitsune,
i'm not sure if the BP is still on. couldn't find the thread again....

berry
i am with you on sucking hands, i also read about them feeling more with the mouth than the hands
happy.gif
so far my bb seems to be sucking random fingers or the whole fist and not one particular digit, so i'm pretty ok about it...

gar
bbjorn - u looking at baby ave website is it? their website cannot make it one, better to go to the store. but if u going, think better to call them first becuase i bought the last 2 packs on the shelf and when i asked if they had more (just kaypoh, in case i want to intro to others) they said they would have to order

tute
i put him from facing already, he loves looking at things! but i also try and make him lean his head against me so that he doesn't get too tired. when i put him in the bumbo i'll also put my hand behind his neck for extra support, just in case
happy.gif

re: sucking hands
my 2 kids are so different... my gal nvr sucked her hands/fist/fingers since day 1. now, my boy keeps sucking his fist when he's sleepy or hungry. making me feel that i should pull his hands out when he sucks his hands.
but after reading you gals' postings, i think i will let him be.

Happy,
Glad to hear that Erlene is recovering... take care k
happy.gif

weight,
My girl just went for her 1st 5-in-1 jab, didn't cry at all... just kept shaking her butts when doc is jabbing her. She's 3 months old now but the weight already 7kg... hopefully she will not become a fat girl when she grow up leh... Today there was a 5 months old bb girl in the clinic too, my girl looks so huge when compared to her...

aquaDucks Free Trial Class
How many? 4 babies per class (1-parent-1-child)
Where? Heated pool at Suntec (so baby only need a swimming diaper)
When? Somewhere in Aug(weekend)
How long? Each session is 30 mins max
Time: TBA
Age? 6 months onwards
http://www.aquaducks.com.sg/programmes.html

1) Cheryl
2) Dorothy
3) Dorothy's fren
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

Please kindly provide me the children's name, date of birth and their parent contact number. PM me this info and i will consolidate...

no 1???

vinegal,
can u help me check out from Mums and Babes if there is Medela Softfit Shields then sms me?

i pm u my hp now... thks...

good morning mummies!

yday was a crazy day at work. couldn't reach home in time to latch bb - felt quite sad and hope it won't be a common occurence. sigh...asked hb if i'd cld bcome sahm, he said i'd make a poor one! so diplomatic of him. hhmmppphh!

thumbsucking
i can't wait for Kate to find her own thumb!!! She doesn't like the paci anyway, so I think the thumb wld be a good way for her self soothe. I'm with berry and gar on this. A pacifier, when given by a parent, can become a prop and bb
becomes reliant but thumb sucking, i believe, they will outgrow in time.

Ameda valves/bellows
I'm in desperate need to buy a set. Can anyone sell me first and I buy one set to pay you back?

good morning mummies,

any of you thinking about donating your frozen ebm to the SiChuan Earth Quake victims?
I am contacting the Singapore Redcross Society asking if they accept this donation.
Hope to get some good news.

morning everyone!!!!

re hubby helping
for me it is wait long long..... every night when i get back, we pick her up from infant care, then quickly rush back, i change her, latch her and then pat her to bed, already 9pm liao, then can eat dinner... for him,wah he good life man, go home, just wash my pump which i used in office, then eat dinner, then wash a few clothes in washing machine, then bath, he can settle in front of tv liao....... ask him help, say bb dont want him to put her to bed.... tell him i tired, he say why not give FM loh, why give BM?? and hubby is good with housework.... need to close one eye....

re BF
I have a question here.... why is it better to be TBF??? I mean, if milk powder has good benefits, BM has good benefits, if we give both types, is it better??? why exclusive BF is better??

re bjorn
garfield, my hubby very jialat one, too kiam siap... but as i am talking, he is off to mod his stupid car... waste ~$$ again eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

re Frozen EBM
coming june, i will have some march one that is ready to be expired... sometimes not sure if i shoudl give frozen one or fresh one... want to donate, but worried if supply drop , frozen one can come into use.... very dillemma.... but even if want to give, also unsure if people dare to take...

vine,
thanks. i 'm on leave today as everyone except me n gervaise is sick.
i will call mum n babes first before gg down.
bx, i will help u to find also

xiaoyun, i dun mind donating some ebm also

dor,
i also saw the medela wipes at mother@work (great world city and tanglin mall)

bkk,
re not in time to latch...i know exactly how you feel *hugz* hope it won't happen again! re ameda valves - i think mumsfairy sells right?

today i am soooooooooooooo super concussed. OMG i need a red bull or something.

Gar,
For baby bjorn carrier, when is the deadline to let you know if I want to buy that? I remember seeing bp selling at abt $239..

garfield, thanks!!!

vine, thanks!!! i will try calling mum n bb n also taka to check.

cheryl,
yr hb veri cute.how to have it fresh? usually, i will follow fast in fast out. Gervaise is having the april batch.

Back