(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

blueginger, I found this article online http://www.woluck.com/web/html/content_50893.htm It says good to have 草 but avoid 心,王 or 大 wor... What's channet's chinese name? How come got 大?

bkkgal, oops, haha, blur me. I like hui a lot.
happy.gif

Voting results so far
happy.gif

1)Teo Kay En 张旗恩 - tongtong, genice, lezy, Apple79, blueginger, Diana
2) Teo Kay Xin 张旗芯 - XY, clover

Kitsune,
Channet chinese name is 涵绮. Although the 大 very small, still have 大 mah. I super Kiasu, I also want channet to have clothing to wear so her name has clothing. Initially, I find myself so smart in naming channet. I think so hard, then end up Channet's name is tapioca in Hokkien. Sighh...
This year OX better to have 草. Last year mouse mah, only a few animals can have 王, like mouse, tiger, dragon, and another one I cannot remember.

Nicole, En1 is really popular ya?
happy.gif

haha, blueginger, really does channet's name sounds like tapioca in hokkien? I'm teochew, tapioca is "qiu3 zhi1", very different.
happy.gif

Okie, I'll share the new info/inputs with hubby and see whether he wants the 草 for 芯 or the 恩 for gratitude bah.

kitsune,
My MIL side all taiwanese. They pronounced tapioca as han1 ji1. My MIL also nv noticed. Apart from that, I still find her name ok for me. Just dun let Channet knows in future.

感恩 is used in Buddhism in a lot of way. To appreciate ppl, things, etc.

diana

E's 3 boy cousins are kai-en, and er... 2 other -ens, i forget what it is now! lol.

E is also en1 but we gave him a different character because we read that for rat baby they should have a character with a gai4 (cover), so they won't be timid. so we have some complicated character for him which i can't remember unless i go see his birth cert, wahahah.

pauline/iso: oh... the boys' names sound gd too!

cos i dun seemed to know any boys with en in their names among my friends. i see alot of jun (俊)& jie (杰)。

hi hi!

talking abt names. my Cayenne aso got the 恩. haha..

hers is 佳恩.

pauline,

张旗恩 is nice.

hihi,

erlene's chinese name oso hv a 恩, her chinese name is 瑄恩。。。
happy.gif

pauline,
like xiaoyun, i prefer 旗芯 cos it sound similar to kai xin (happy)..

blueginger, yr girl's name v qiong yao. =)

pauline, i like the 2nd name coz it sound like happy. =)

my boy's chinese name is xie yu zhe. Abbreviation is XYZ. Hehe. I tot of his chinese name n my hb chose his christian name, alexander. We r christians so we chose a name from the bible. Our next bb will be xyz n ang mo name starts with A too.

hello mummies,hello ida,welcome to our thread. wow, sorry I been a bit out dated,cos on leave from friday till today,super shiok. Pauline-I vote for en
happy.gif
, bkk-i have not plan any photoshoots for H yet,was thinking maybe during xmas time sign up for the xmas package with studioloft? I was thinking of making my own tutu, it doesn,t seem so difficult to make,just need to get my butt to spot light and get the materials
happy.gif

re: name
i like 'xuan' for girl's name too. too bad, the geomancer my hubby consulted didn't have name with 'xuan'. my girl is "欣恬" and my boy is "弘楷". didn't really like these names initally. now find them sound quite good :p.

pauline
i vote for qi en.
happy.gif

ida
welcome to the thread.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Voting results - 2 Nov 09</font></font>
<font size="+1">Kay En 旗恩</font> leading by 4 votes. Thanks everyone who voted, any more votes?
happy.gif

1)Teo Kay En 张旗恩 - Jan 08 mummies (Kam, luca, Aqua), Feb08 mummies (tongtong, genice, lezy, Apple79, blueginger, Diana, Esty, qingling, Stephie) - <font color="ff0000">12 votes</font>
2) Teo Kay Xin 张旗芯 - Jan08 mummies (Krystle, Jess, pixie, steph, Icy), Feb08 mummies (XY, clover, happymum2b) - <font color="ff0000">8 votes</font>

Good morning, mummies.

clover,
My girl name sounds qiong yao meh. I thought "yu" sounds more qiong yao.
Qiong yao very ill-fated leh. Hahahah.

Stephie,
Are 欣恬 &amp; 弘楷pronounce as Xinzhen &amp; Hongkai respectively? So sorry my chinese not that good as well. =P

Cheryl &amp; XY,
Ya. According to my ex-colleague, it is better to have king &amp; water in names of those borned in year of mouse. You select the name on your own or go for fengshui?

wow so many posts, trying to catch up.

pauline, i vote for teo kay xin =) kay xin and chye xin don't even sound remotely alike so dunno why your hb is concerned haha

Gar, think he's trying to be funny lor. :p

Tongtong, when I checked online, 'kay' is supposed to be cantonese sound for 'qi' leh. :p

Anyway, after taking in blueginger's inputs on fengshui and the url which I posted earlier, think we are going back to the drawing board cos hubby said both 恩 and 芯 has a heart in it, not recommended for ox babies. He's thinking of 旗芳 or 旗芬 but I don't like either names. :p

pauline, yea you are right, the cantonese pronunciation is kay. but what i mean is when you read qi xin in mandarine right, it sounds pretty similar to the cantonese word which is pronounced this way qi1 xin. not sure whether you understand what i say? :p

both qi fang and qi fen a bit old fashioned leh :p hehe

Hi mummies,

my neighbour pass to my MIL a pack of Dumex Dugro milk powder for 1 year old and above. Anyone want cos Amanda don't drink Dumex.

blueginger
Hong Kai is right. I sometimes forget how to write cos the words are not so common. For my girl, it is Xin Tian.

you chinese is good leh. some of my frens don't know how to pronounce 弘楷. If i'm not his mother, think i also don't know how to pronounce.

Stephie: I like your girl name.

My girl name is 祉君
Many pple say its like boy name.Someone even say isit that we yearn for a boy next? Don't!

Pauline.. really.. wah so sweet of her.. sibling rivalry sure will have lah…. But hope not so much for u.. of coz u can call me ida.

Hi genice… thanks for the welcome…wah,, quite a few mummies preggy hor.. I can be included in the pop list lah .. hahah since I have popped last march.. any mummies here have more than 2 kids .. in my thread.. I have one fellow mummy same a me .. 4kids…. 3 boys + 1 girl… - Wow… didn’t notice… u are no 15… congrats

Congrats to all mummies a smooth pregnancy….. 

Isobellies – cheong choon… my april mummies thread always share for free delivery – they do bulk order of detergent + wipes 

Clover – wow.. so ur bb born mar 27 2008?

Bluegin…..so trying for 3rd boy??

btw.. mummiess... i have a bottle of 30 tablets sealed &amp; unopened of Obimin to give away.... coz my april mummy fren gave me quite a no of bottles and expiry in May 2010 .. so i have more than enuf.... Collection in SK... Preggie mummies.. let me know..
happy.gif

apple
thanks. initially i don't like the name. thought doesn't sound nice. after selecting and using it, becomes quite shun kou.

your girl's name is zi jun? don't find it like a boy's name leh. find it very 'you xiu'.

apple
feel that Jun is more towards girl. seldom got boy's name that contain Jun. hehe.. probably i'm biased cos my name has got a Jun too.

sometimes pple tease my girl, say she's sweetheart ('tian xin').

bluegin,
my girl's name is 沁萦
we selected the 萦 and fengshui recommended 沁
spent > $100 for her name. feel so cheated actually as the words that fengshui recommended is actually very common and macham from a computer software kind.

apple,
i like the word 'zhi' last time.
nearly wanted to name her 芷萦
but hb said not nice cos means 'stop winning' :p

pauline,
how about 苓?
matches her english name too.

pauline,
btw, my friend went for a fengshui shifu last time for her name.
he commented that names with 'heart' means that the person tend to do things following the heart - sometimes will be too emotional.
not sure true or not.

apple,
i went to you long zi at guillemard road.
the shifu not friendly and has no patience to answer my questions e.g, meaning of the words, why no need to take parents' 'ba zi'. basically treated me like idiot. feel so cheated.
sad.gif

<font color="ff0000">BUTTERFLY LODGE TOUR, SUN 8 NOV, 930AM</font>

Hi, the tour is confirmed next Sun. Children under 2 need not pay the $3 admission fee. What you will get on the tour:

1. Folder
2. Postcard

The caterpillar kit costs $3. Contains 2 caterpillars, food for the caterpillars and instructions on how to care for them. No guarantees whether your caterpillars will turn to butterflies.

The farm also offers 2 other tours - Herb&amp;Spice and Hydroponics which also charges admission of $3 per adult. For the Herb&amp;Spice, you get a packet of herbs to bring home. For Hydro, you get 2 packets of fresh veggies. If you are interested, can stay back for the tours.

After the tour, you can buy fresh hydroponics veggies from the farm.

<font color="0000ff">Map</font>: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_27013/travel_site_127327/

Instructions on how to get there
If you are driving, go towards Khatib Camp, turn left to Bah Soon Pah Road. The farm is at 14A BSP Road. You can park in the farm.

If you are taking MRT, the nearest is NS14 Khatib MRT Station. You can take a cab from there or take a 15 minute walk. Check the map in that area for general directions.

For buses, you can take Nos 980 and 167 from Sembawang Interchange. Other buses that go there are Nos 171 and 169 but I am not sure where these originate from.

Ok, that's it. See you mommies at the farm on Sun. Pls PM me to get my mobile if you don't have. Otherwise, I think I should have most of your numbers.
happy.gif

XY: You zi long like quite popular. I went to Jin Zi Long haha all have zi and long.

Oh the butterfly farm seems very near my place. Too bad I am going Malaysia, otherwise will go for the tour.

xiaoyun
my chinese is bad, how do i pronounce your girl's name? i also like the word 'zhi'.

think some feng shui masters use computer programme to generate a list of names. i don't like such way of coming up with name cos it seems like there's 'formula' to churn out names. the one my hubby went to do so manually, he asked for birth dates of parents, sister, and some other relatives too (can't remember who). then he will go thru some kind of book to derive the names. feel less cheated as it takes some effort and there's human touch at least.

Tongtong, ya come to think about, it does sound like qi4xin3. :p Ya lor, so lau tu, that's why I don't like the names. :p

Ida, ya, but when she's not happy, she throws the Mei mei baby doll away. :p

XY, thanks for the suggestion. I've checked but according to Kangxi dictionary (which they use for name choosing), 苓 is 11 strokes, not 10 so cannot. Actually 玲 or 珍 both has 10 strokes but has the 王子边 so not recommended for Ox also. But personally, I'm worried Raelynn Teo Kay Lynn 张旗玲 sounds confusing cos too many 'Ling' liao. :p

芷 also 10 strokes, can use. But 旗芷 sounds awkward, really like a flag. :p Hmm.... those with 心 tends to follow the heart? Don't know if it's true. RaeAnne's old name has 慧,also has heart. :p

wah.u all choosing the chinese names all so confusing lehhh .... hehehehhe

we malays also will see the books of meanings.. but not so serious like ur choosings
happy.gif

Stephie,
Both Hong Kai and Xin Tian's name are nice.

apple79,
I also like 祉君 name. Not boyish mah.
I like 祉.

XY,
沁萦 is pronounced as XingYing?
Any special meanings?
Can I know what books you bought? Need to tell cousin that she will be expecting the books. PM me, ok?

bkkgal,
thanks for organising. PM you my HP no. =)

kitsune,
旗芳 or 旗芬 I also don't like. 旗芷 sounds like chess. Control by other ppl. Choosing a name also not easy. All of us been through. It's a headache then. Like 涵绮 in Cantonese dialect is Haam Kei. We wrote Haam Kai. Now I dun even wanna see our mistake in her BC.

Back