(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

blueginger
thanks. luckily my hubby 'outsource' the name choosing task.

agree, so difficult to choose name. going to a feng shui master is a little easier as i'm confined to few sets of names to choose from.

stephie,
her name is pronounced as 'qin4 ying2'

pauline,
'qi2 zhi3' sounds funny leh.

C also has 'heart' in her first character. sometimes cannot think so much, human need to have heart also mah. :p

bluegin,
no special meaning. as my husband surname is 'wu2', if get a name with meaning, all the meaning become 'dun have'. :D

I will get all the 4 books by bubu.

Tongtong: going Genting for the weekend

Blueginger: Dunno leh. really many pple tell me that

Stephie: Yah loh headache to choose name so I go to Fengshui master haha lazy mummy

xiaoyun
nice and unique name. must go brush up on my chinese liao. initially i thought i know how to pronounce the first character. end up it's 'qin4'. :p

apple
hmm..maybe pple think of 'jun zi'. that's why associate with boy. still, i feel it's a girl girl name.

stephie,
most of the ppl got the first character wrong.
my secondary school classmate uses the word. through out the 6 years, most of the ppl call her name wrongly.
i forsee C will encounter the same problem next time too. :p

but i really like the word loh. too bad.. :p

apple,
zhi jun is girl name for me leh. but the word zhi is a bit unusual.

pauline,
how about using the 'ying' that C is using?
i think the strokes are suitable as the last character of a name. you go and see how many strokes?
qi ying?

mummies.. dunno whether u will be interested.. i am always getting stuff frm this BP lady.. makes her my fren lah. hehehe she is giving 10% off if we hit $200 worth of orders... my april 2009 mummies have ordered some.. wondering if u all will be interested? Let me know??
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3109935.html?1257226853

shopping galoreee... Pauline??

xiao yun, your gal middle name qin4 is not common but not that rare also la. my friend also has qin4 in her name. yan2 qin4 is her name.

ida,
too bad, i've already ordered training pants from there few weeks ago.

tong,
yup. still ppl using it. my friend uses it as the last character too.
happy.gif

Thanks Idaarshad. I might be getting some stuff from there.

Pauline, iS the training pants you bought from niesen? Issit 4 layers 5 pcs at $11.50 one? DO you find the training pants good?

isobellies.. tongtong.. yup i bought the disney training pants frm her before already some time ago.. not this BP .. i have tried on my son.. so far ok leh... she also has nissen training pants .. if i m nt wrong.. forget - her prices by far is the cheapest among all BPs i have seen... and now with further discount.. can enjoy more savings for our little ones?

clover.. i will get her to send by individual postage ok? I am staying SK... if want.. i see how i arrange for you all if can meet somewhere?

Xiaoyun.. alamak.. nvm.. can order more ?? hehehehe

Ida,
Miss your qns earlier.
3rd child. Depend on No. 2 (preparing to see her this month). For sure will rest for a couple of years before considering whether to have no. 3.

XY, yea i wanna get toothpaste for our kids and training pants, and organic snacks from the brand organix. Do you want to organise? hehe

honestly there are too many spree and BP on the products that i want till i do not know which organiser to go for. So if XY you want to organise then good for me! hehe

tongtong. wanna go by postage? i get her to send to you and advise on postage details together??

Xiao yun..... very boring... arrghh.. i have not enuf time to be bored.. hahahaha
happy.gif

toothpaste
what kind do your tots like?? mine recently don't want to brush his teeth.

ida
so the training pants were q good? her price is it for 4 different patterns, or the price for each? want to start toilet training already.

Ida, I wanna get the 5 pc nissen training pants at $11.50. i can meet at SK or go by postage, but prefer postage. So how? Can I order through you?

I'm looking for Tomy drawing board spree if any.
Anyone can tell me whether COMBI noodle cutter cannot cut meat, vegetable?

tong/apple,
the toothpaste consume so fast?
mine 1 tube last from 6 months till now. everyday use still can't finish leh.
do you mean the 1st teeth?

training pants, so far found that the one offered from BP is the cheapest.

snacks from organix. let me look see look see..
happy.gif

clover,
any recommendation for books and dvd?
u want to organise amazon/vitacost spree too?

bluegin,
why the tomy drawing board special?

ida,
in fact, i am just a bit sian at work. :p
thinking of organising spree for feb mummies as they are less demanding as others.
happy.gif

iso,
C still using 1st teeth toothpaste. think she likes to eat it. :p

XY: I only finish one tube. Using 2nd one now. No more spare at home. yah still using 1st teeth cos she still swallow them leh.

Sian at work: I also everyday sian haha

Hi mummies,

No time to log in till now. Wah... big discussion on names.. So many Ens and Xuans.. haha my fave. Initially wanted to call Gwen En Qi too.
Gwen's chinese name is 雨瞳 yu2 tong2 which means the clarity after rain , somthing like a new beginning.. cant really remember exact meaning.. went to fengshui master too. i was really glad the fengshuimaster gave us these choices to mix and match.. i personally like it especially the 雨 but initially i thot the yu will be 宇 .
Xy, ur ger's name i wnated to ask u how to read.. hehe.. my CHinese not gd..stucke at AO level

apple.. zhijun is ok.. not boyish

stephie.. ur gers name is quite special..

IDA.. sure.. i will update the list.. that mean ur boy bormed this yr mar hor.. i also want training pants!! Must save the world from more diapers being used..and save $$ too..

XY,
Channet dun like the taste of 1st teeth toothpaste. She has fun biting our fingers. Ya. 1 tub for 6months.

Tomy drawing board no distortion on the word written on it. So will not mislead the child who see the word esp for chinese word.

my boy also hates to brush teeth. actually all along he doesn't like to brush teeth..must coax and coax and coax him until he finally opens his mouth. Worried he might get tooth decay soon!

Blueginger: i use the 1st teeth on toothbrush leh, no more finger brush cos she bites!!

Sweetpea: can wash. no need liners

Iso/XY, mine also doesn’t like to brush teeth, but I can see green stains on his teeth le, so must force him to brush. I couldn’t find the first teeth toothpaste which I bought previously , so got to get a new one.

XY, we are less demanding in terms of? Hee

Blueginger, Shenon easier to pronounce. Is it pronounced as Shannon?

Genice your gal’s name very Taiwanese!

xiaoyun
shawn likes to suck and swallow the toothpaste too when brushing teeth. sometimes ask for more toothpaste.

sweetpea
keep trying and your boy should be ok with brushing teeth. my girl always doesn't want to brush her teeth. must ask her to do so many many times before she's willing. sometimes, no luck at all. my boy likes to brush teeth and will do the brush teeth action to initiate the brushing.

genice
thanks. gwen's chinese name sounds like those female lead's name in 小说. very girl girl.

toothpaste,
am using orajel now coz i think he's starting to get sick of the first teeth toothpaste. At one point it was really difficult to get him to brush his teeth. Now he likes orajel because of the thomas train character on the tube so he will put it on the brush... but everytime we brush he will tell us that the toothpaste taste sour... and give strange looking face... haha...

toothbrush,
i have not been using the first teeth brush since he likes to bite. i was using pigeon brush but find the bristle is too hard so now change using oral b brush which i find quite soft...

ida,
welcome! am also interested in training pants but then i haven't potty train my son yet so prob a bit too early to buy :p

bluegin,
same question as tongtong... how do you pronounce shenon? same as shannon? if yes then i prefer that but if not i prefer shevon... more unique
happy.gif

xy,
use from 6mth and still haven't finish? maybe you need to give more toothpaste when brushing? i finish 2 tubes already and now finally using orajel... more value for money i think coz it's bigger :p

genice
Agreed with Stephie. Gwen's chinese name sounds like Qiong Yao 小说 lead actor.

Tongtong,
Shenon pronounce as She-non
Shevon pronounce as She-von

Tongtong – I will try… she’s a fren of mine.. see how things work out… if possible… I will collect but only for the mummies.. I m getting to know.. which is all of you + my existing mummy frens… should be can .. let me know what u want?

Isobellies.. yes good… and pretty too… got the mickey + pooh – can also re use for b4 later on  - her prices are the cheapest (not becoz she’s my fren + promoting) – I have bought a superman romper at discounted price of $15.00 but hers is only $9.90 leh.. wah.. heart pain 

Sweetpea – sure u can order thru me.. let me know which ones and sizes? I will then ask you for the payment only when we manage to hit the $200 and get 10% discount? I will ask her for postage charges (if you opt for this) & let u know total payment ok mummies? Btw no need to use nappy liners – the training pants can withstand one time of pee + pooh though messy if poo – and can wash again + reuse

Xiaoyun… heheheh Feb mummies less demanding… other threads very demanding? Kekekeke – just joking… do keep me in the loop 

Genice.. was just joking abt u updating the table for me… if really.. thanks… make me so welcome here  - update me abt training pants designs + sizes??

Tute.. never too early to buy so when u least expected that ur bb is ready… the training pants are already on hand 

xy, yah i want to order from these 2 websites so i dun mind organising spree.

i am ordering dvd for myself. Hehe. Then ordering nordic natural's fish oil for my boy n vit c for my hb.

Ida, when can we get the stock? You stay at sengkang right? I want Item: Nissen Training Pants, 4 layers (5 Pcs) , Price: $11.50 Abt: 16kg, Size: 100, Waist: 43cm, Thigh: 32cm
Let me know whether we entitled to 10% discount?

Organix baby food spree- let me know if there’s any out there, couldn’t find leh.

Blueginger, I pm you le. But can only check your reply tonight.

re: training pants
iso,
i haven't got the training pants yet.
it's a pre-order item and the size is a bit big - for height 90 cm?

genice,
don't think training pants if meant for saving the world to replace disposable diapers. it's for toilet training purpose leh.
i think to use it when the kid can hold the pee for longer time and will signal to you when they want to pee/poo. it's for the 'accident' purpose - i think.
i am afraid you will get frustrated to the extensive changing, washing part if they are not ready.

sweetpea,
the normal use for training pants is for toilet training.
can still wash after poo poo. since their poo is quite solid nowadays, won't be too difficult to throw the poo into toilet bowl. and cleaning of the poo won't be so difficult like last time.
i intended to use it like diaper cover on top of cloth nappy + liner. i actually switch from diaper cover to normal pants at home on weekends (i use safety pins to hold the diaper tighter). so far so good.
the concern might be too hot or not able to hold properly. since i've not receive it yet, can review so much.

re: work
apple,
be +ve +ve.. that's why i was thinking to make some interesting things happen.
my project ended. 2 new projects have no directions from management. that's why don't know what to do now.

re: name
bluegin,
shenon sounds more girlish.
shevon make me think about chevron. :p

genice,
her name is 'qin4 ying2'
happy.gif

there's a mar mummy also named yu tong leh.
happy.gif

re: toothpaste
bluegin,
i no longer let her use the finger brush. upgraded to normal toothbrush when she's 18 month.
probably i really put too little for her. that's why can't finish. :p

tong,
green stains? the residue of vegetables. wa. then must brush, otherwise will decay.

stephie,
C also keep pointing for the toothpaste when want to brush her teeth. when she brushes herself, she brushes her tongue, obviously she's eating the toothpaste. haha..

tute,
i use kodomo toothbrush now.
i really put very little of the toothpaste as i can see that she's actually eating it. :p

re: drawing board
bluegin,
sounds very good. where to buy cheapest? give me some clue, then i go find other lobangs. :p

re: spree
tong/ida,
haha.. because we know each other better. we can sometimes arrange a time to meet for playdate or tea.
not die die must meet at MRT or what loh.

clover,
oh well. i've got nothing to buy yet. haven't finish my supplements as i bought a big bottle last time.
happy.gif

Training pants: so tempting leh but I wonder I buy liao will have any use since I don;t intend to toilet train her yet.

XY: yah must stay positive. Life is still good despite the *sian nesss* at work

Clover: They can take nodic fish oil liao?

Anyone let their kids take the scotts emulsion? I remember taking that when I was a kid.

Back