(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Hi xuan,

You still haven't transferred S$13.71 for your Healthy Times order.

Hi leila,

You still haven't transferred S$4.76 for the additional Vanilla Teethers you ordered.

For those who have not advised on collection preference, please do so. Thanks
happy.gif

RE : Desitin Cream

I would like to start a spree to get Desitin soon. Not sure anyone interested?

lezy.. i am also like you previously i could not understand y pp want to buy such an expensive mattress. But in the end i still bought it and it is really very useful. I placed it at my MILs place and during the daytime we will just put the baby to roll /flip there and need not worry that she will injured herself.. since the mattress has some cushioning. And furthermore.. it is water proof so when salivates or when the milk spill onto the mat.. we can clean it up very easily.. not like mattres where u need to change the bed sheet and water can seep through.

I think its a good investment.. good when babies are learning how to crawl as well, easy to maintain. And i teach he how to read ABC, colours and names of animals using the pictures on the mat. I bought the yellow bear one at 119 for 12 mm thickness from small small world.. i think the latest bp is cheaper.. they selling at 110 but no yellow bear design. Hope that helps..

BX.. ok.. i think i can.. will cancel my hotel stay.. :p save u the trouble lah.. else so ma fan.. thanks for helping

:p I feel like a da er long...

RE : Playmat

My MIL is a childcare teacher so I got 2 small size plain playmats from her FOC. It's actually from those children who graduated from childcare and the parents don't want already. :p Dull navy blue colour but works to protect her hands and legs when she practises her crawling/scooting.

artemis.. can i collect from you this sat say abt 6pm? u advise when u will be free on sat then i arrange w u again.. will pay u then. So i colelct healthy times and baby center items hor..

re: BJG
ok, decided we will set the date on 31 Aug 2pm. Jeannie, u sure u wanna cancel ur hotel stay? pai seh...

so it will be me, jeannie, goodbb and kitsune. anyone else interested? can treat this as a mini gathering too
happy.gif

artemis
haha...so funny the way you put it. i guess no choice you've to keep repeating your post for payment. cos some mummies don't check the forum regularly and will miss your earlier post.

To Account POSB Savings
198-15117-3 Xiao Yun CB items
Amount S$0.19
Transaction Reference 1849543566
20 Aug 2008 01:09 PM

XiaoYun,
Just trf to you. Let me know whether you receive it.

lezy, i bought it for my son to play and learn crawling on it. Mattress too soft so not good for him if he learning to crawl on it. I got mine already, really nice material.

andrea, I got the pooh and friends which is the smallest size one, yours I think is slightly bigger.

Hi Garfield9,

You want to wait till you know the shipping charges for the Amazon #3?

Hi Stephie,

Yeah lor... Cause my previous post already archived. :p But for those who always read the thread like machiam I keep repeating.

RE : 2nd child

My HB said I not the type who can love 2 children. Sure will favour one and then the other might turn psychotic so better have 1 will do. :p But I think like that maybe Danica a bit lonely. She is highly interested in other babies and toddlers so would be nice if can organise play dates for her but like no one staying very close to me.

sunny
exactly. that's what came to my mind the other nite. pray nothing will happen to my fridge as least till i'm not bfg anymore. keke

artemis
i'm sure the regular mummies will understand where you are coming from. so no need worry loh.

re: #2
last time i also had this thinking that i'll love one more than the other. i thought i'll love my #1 and will not do the same for #2. however, now i realised it's not true. i love both my kids. now that #2 is still so young, i admit i tend to love him a little more than my girl. with my girl driving me up to the walls at times, can't help but to have this tendency.

jass/lezy
my friend recommended me the LG/parklon mat, at first i was wondering what so special abt it, so ex, but when i got mine, i was wowed by the material. it's soooo nice to play/step/lie on, really beats the tatty ABC mats, some of them can tear off even! my bumper mat is 12mm (from small small world) which i think is good enough but if you can afford it, go for the thicker ones!

bx
for now looks like 31st can't. will let u know if i can
happy.gif
my hubby works Mon-Sat, so sunday he spends quality time with us, i prefer to go to the trial without him, cos always v hard to coordinate anything with him. if he come with me we sure late one :p

iso,
ok, u let me know soon coz i need to book the class. wah ur hubby work 6-day week. if it's me, i will oso wanna spend quality time together.

Hi jeannie,

Oh yeah hor! :p I getting so scattered brained -_-"

Hi Stephie,

Yeah but still can't help feeling that way leh. :p

My HB said that cause of my dogs. We have 2. At first get Russell, I sayang him a lot and spoilt him rotten, then when he started having separation anxiety, we got another to keep him company. Then I ended up sayang Yuki more. :p Cause she is so much smaller than Russell, mute and a bit blur blur. So my HB said next time if really got another one then one will sure be neglected.

Hi leila,

It's okay.
happy.gif

stephie
same same, i am praying everyday that the fridge is functioning well.

i love my 2 kids but i pay more attention to my #1 more. 'cos my boy is cuter, more smiley and responsive. so, everyone's attention will be on him rather than my gal. so, i feel that i should pay more attention to my gal so that she won't feel left out or jealous at didi.

sunny,
Wat u say is true. Pple tend to sayang the younger 1 more cos like u say they r cuter, smiley n so small dat pple try to give more TLC to them vs older 1. Smtm after scoldg my girl 4 being notty n she show me d pitiful look, i'll feel bad. Must learn fr u to pay more attn to my no. 1

Artemis, I'll collect from your Punggol home, PM me your address please. Thanks.

Wa, baby bonus benefits only for Jan 09 babies onwards, a lot of big tummy mummies will be disappointed.

The qualifying period for maternity leave will be halved. Pregnant women
will have to work for at least 90 days before confinement to qualify for maternity leave.
In order to further enhance the protection for pregnant employees, employers will
be required from 1 Jan 2009 to pay employees their maternity leave benefits if the
employees are dismissed without sufficient cause within the last six months of
pregnancy or retrenched within the last three months.

it will make married woman difficult to find job.

RE : CDA

Unfortunately, no. My HB was telling me: "See lah... Ask you to wait don't want." I told him IF we have 2nd one then share share with Danica the benefits. :p

hi artemis,

the cda account is same for 2nd child as last time,only difference is now for 1st child and 5th child,feel disappointed,haha,dun think i will have 5 child

just read thru the other threads. those sep-dec mummies v poor thing...miss out on the benefits. hope govt can do something for them.

i think for us, dun feel so dui cos bb already 6 months old.

xiaoyun,

for us, we dun qualify for the entire baby bonus benefit. so that is the additional 1K in baby bonus, plus 6K in CDA.

i think the rest we qualify

yaloh...
i thought we will be qualify for the CDA, so only rugi 1k.
then now is 1 + 6 k = 7 k. quite a lot loh.

ok lah. not so dui as today is exactly 6 months for my gal gal!!!
forgot to take picture with her!! she's slept now...

went to kaypoh the Dec thread.
so poorthing.. petition, meet the ppl session... aiyoh.
but no choice, there will always be a cut off point. mummy with EDD on Jan will be even more dui if she has early delivery.

wa...6 mths already!! congrats!!

ya lor, i oso think less dui for us. the dec mummies the worst hit =(

somebody suggested that the benefits should only apply to couples who concieve after the announcements are made since the intention is to motivate couples to have children, so those who already conceive don't count =P then it's "fair" in that sense otherwise now some preg get, some preg dun get.

i think govt oso headache since must cut off somewhere somehow.

i think no matter what the cut off point is, sure got mummies who will be upset. sometimes, when govt implement changes, also very difficult. cos they can't take care of everyone. perhaps pple are comparing the last round of enhancement in 2004 where it was implemented soon after the announcement was made. but this round, it's delayed till jan 09. i agree on the suggestion highlighted by garfield. then govt will be able to tell if the enhancement has been effective.

btw, you all read the baby bonus details from papers is it? i must be blind, didn't catch any when i briefly flipped thru the papers :p

stephie
hehe... we learn from each other lah.
agree with you that no matter which cut off date the gov is set, sure got ppl upset one.

re: baby bonus and other benefit
actually i find that the bonus only helps in short term, taking care of kids is a life long thing. how i wish there will be more subsidies on child care expenses and educational fees. hehe... greedy me. :p

garfield
oic. keke.. me still wondering when wong kan seng is going to give the details. didn't know it's today.

sunny
ya, it's the long time commitment of taking care of kids that makes me feel that 2 is enuf. tho the enhancement benefits are attractive, it's not so super that i'll want to have another kid. really like you say, all these benefits are short term. what we have ahead of us is the long term responsiblity to take care of our kids.

RE : Childcare benefits

Infantcare subsidy increased to $600 and childcare to $300. Not sure if that's what you mean, sunny?

I read direct from MCYS(? Can't really remember if it's this acronym cause brain sleep liao) site. :p Most direct source.

did any mummies read joni ong's interview in today's papers? i thought it was a lovely article, wish more singaporeans were as insightful as she is
happy.gif

re: childcare subsidy
with the increase in subsidy, child care centres may take the opportunity to increase their fees since the nett effect is that parents still pay lower fee or continues to pay the same. if really is the case, then the savings passed to us by govt will be wiped off. already, my fren's ccc increase fees by $100 when the subsidy from govt increased by $150 (net gain only $50). hope it's an isolated case and such incident will not be prevalent.

Long time never post just read only.

I am planning for my gal bday next year and i found out tt the weekend b4 is valentine's day. but hb say dont care whoever want to come come lor. I will be celebrating for her in aloha@loyang.

6th Month
Bought a 300g cake for her. In the end the mummy and cousins eating.haha

Either 2nd half of next year or 2010.

jac
my boys' bday falls on 6th day of CNY. think some cake shops are closed till after that. hence i will bring fwd the celebration. do it on his lunar bday which is 1 week before CNY.

#2: good for you, can enjoy the enhanced baby bonus benefits
happy.gif

Artemis,
me also in sk mah... actually hor, we can organise a sk gathering.
happy.gif

jac,
you so fast booked the place liao lah? Is it ex?

bb socks,
anyone know where I can get those bb socks that looks like shoes? or tights that looks like tight with shoes? I only know singapore got sell the tizzy toes or something like that... but too ex liao and I only need 1 pair... found BP on it but oos... need it urgently for next month... anywhere i can get it?

2nd bb,
I'm thinking to start planning for no. 2 maybe end of next year... dun want to cross the 35 line... scared need to poke belly with the huge needle...
sad.gif

artemis
when you order from babycenter, what address did u put for billing info ah? they sent me a email to say they can't fulfill my order, usu i put a city/postal code of my US office
happy.gif
but i'll put my own address. maybe i should just put the entire US office address...
happy.gif

Back