(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

bluegin

Kitsune,
Wat is a astons express?? I have no idea?

Hee.. I had been carrying Channet up and down the bus like nobody business. I even breastfeed in the bus. The first time will chicken out, the more you try the braver you are.
For artemis, not so far if her hubby drives them. Just 15mins drive from her place to mine. I'd drove to her place before. so it is very near.
Dr Ceilia, ya, that's her name. I had never been to her before cos whenever we need a doc, her clinic was closed. Hahah.

kitsune_sg

Astons is western food, they have an outlet near Katong Mall, quite famous. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Astons Express at the coffee shop near round market. You should try it, quite nice.

You good ah, I no guts plus lazy, just the thought of struggling with my baby alone in the bus while the other passengers stares at me freaks me out. Hee. :p

bluegin

kitsune,
It is the western food at Blk 139. Inside Kopitiam?
I tried that loh. Very nice and classic layout in coffeeshop. I'm surprise too. But I dun know their name. heeheh.

A little practice and you will do just fine.

babyxan

re: BJG
alamak... iso can't make it on sundays. okok, i call up to check if there's sunday class onot. scully dun have... will get back to all.

xiaoyun,
morning!! *wave*

genice

wow.. bx and xiaoyun.. super early lor.. Morning..

Blueginger.. u stay near round mkt?? ur new hse or ur parents.. i stayed ther for 20 over yrs before got married.

Kitsune and blueging.. i also tried the aston express there.. now they expanding fast near my current hse also have.. heng ah.

Bx.. sorrie to trouble u for the BJG thingy..

royalblue

hello mummies, long time no post again! recently very busy with Hillary and I was sick twice, just yesterday I had diarrhoea, vomited and fever, feeling much better now.

I started feeding Hillary with rice cereal recently and the first few times, I mixed it with EBM, she doesnt like it at all, so I tried to mix it with cooled boiled water yesterday and she still dont like it! I am giving her the Heinz organic rice cereal.

I have been feeding her avocados everyday, about almost half it and Hillary can finish it all and always asking for more. If I feed her too slowly, she will scream for me, asking me to feed her more and faster =P

Artemis
How is Danica now? Hope shes doing better now! =)

RE. waking up at night
Hillary has gone "mad" Previously shes like waking up every 2hours to cry and last night, she woke up several times every hour, crying non stop. She cried so much until shes fully awake! Sigh, dunno whats wrong with her and I really hope its just a phase.

stephie

jeannie
yes, usually i stay till 8pm everyday from mon to fri, unless i have dinner appointments with friends (then i won't go back in the evening). just sms me when you are free

the aston western is near where?

dor
wanted to tell u that the photos are very well taken but kept forgetting. now so tempted to go for one. but last time i didn't do so for my gal. hope she won't mind when she grows up. :p

sweetpea

wow u gals are really really early risers..and you log on when u wake up!

Andrea, my boy also woke up everyhour from 10pm -1am yesterday, duuno why. I just patted his bum as always, and give him his pacifier then he went back to sleep. His usual sleep time is 10pm, but the night before he slept only at 1am...keep wanting to roll over and play. So yesteday I got Panda eye. Somemore afternoon didn't sleep much. Just wondering how this baby can keep awake for so many hours.

bluegin

jeannie,
It's my pIL's place. It's tampines court, the one next to the open field. Garfield been here before.
Tonight I'm going to take Aston Express lah. Dun envy ok? hahaha.

Andrea,
I'm giving Channet Heinz organic rice cereal too. She loves it and always shout for more. Like hillary she oso scream when we are too slow. Heee... I have not tried avocado yet. But give her pumpkin, she gave me the funny face and dun wanna eat. I tried it too and yuck I oso dun like the taste.

bluegin

Synchronized Breastfeeding
There is an event on synchronized breastfeeding next sat (23 Aug) at 2.30pm to 4pm. Admission is free. they need mother who have been bf for 6 monthj or more there. there r oso talks like father bonding with your baby. anyone interested?

stephie

blueginger
oh, then i must have misread jeannie's post :p

pumpkin nice leh. i like. wonder if shawn will like it too. haven't intro to him yet.

btw, read that lots of you giving heinz ORGANIC rice cereal. is this readily avail in all supermarkets? the one i bought, don't seem to remember seeing 'organic'.

bx
ya, today very quiet. maybe mummies all leave, claiming their national day off-in-lieu.

bluegin

jeannie stays in the west? Oh should ask her to indicate the place.

how do u cook pumpkin? i steamed it. It was nice initial, but after a day in fridge, it smell terrible.

wat color is ur rice cereal?

babyxan

blueginger,
ya, sat no one log in.

u going for the synchronise bf event? i told hb i wanna go. he say my milk so little, wat if my bb drink and not enuf, start screaming, very embarrassing.

royalblue

Stephie
Hi! I think Hillary is teething? I hope that its just a phase if not hubby will suffer a lot as he wakes up for work at 4ish in the morning.

Sweetpea
Hillary will wake up and cry for awhile and the next thing she will do is to blow bubble, more like spitting saliva all over her face! Can understand how you feel as I myself is also a panda now =P

Blueginger
Did you mix the rice cereal with EBM or FM or water? The rice cereal dont smell good ya?? Hmm, maybe I should try to feed her again tonight and see whats her reaction. How about trying to give your baby sweet potato? Hee

kitsune_sg

<font color="ff0000">Hi, Mummies, Gaya bag is featured in Robinsons ad on pg 5, Straits Times main section today. 15% off regular items at Robinsons Centrepoint. Get 30% off new arrivals at our blog, www.bagfan.blogspot.com. Please help share the good deal with your friends and colleagues.
</font>

bluegin

bx,
I wanna to go too. my milk supply oso very little. no backup milk supply. Just enough for her to drink. If she cry, I will take her out of the event hall.

Andrea,
I mix it with either EBM or water. The smell not impt for me leh. As long as she takes it. hahaha.
Sweet potatoes not yet. Will try it out, do u use the purple or the red one or the normal one?

Do anyone ever cut your baby fingernail and it bleed? I did it several times leh. one of them is at the tips of the thumb where her skin nearly drop off. Now it is healing and u can see a oval shape of new skin. Any help to let her heal faster?

stephie

blueginger
ya, jeannie stays at the same block as my mum at holland.

pumpkin - usually my mum cook it as a dish. for bb, steaming will be the best. i nvr tried overnite pumpkin. maybe becos of that hence the taste went hay wire?

my rice cereal is milk white in colour. it's meant for bb 4mths onwards.

for the bfg event, must breastfeed on the spot ah?

andrea
sometimes shawn also blow bubbles. wonder where the bbs learned from. for cereal, if i'm home, will try to add ebm. if outside will add water. am ok with just water cos the milk is already included in the cereal

babyxan

stephie,
ya, all bf at the same time on the spot. that's y it's called sychronised breastfeeding.

blueginger,
i oso cut her finger b4. bled alot. i just let it heal on its own.

royalblue

Blueginger
The previous times I mix the rice cereal with EBM, the smell really put me off, make me wanna puke. Hillary doesnt enjoy frozen EBM all these while.

For sweet potatoes, i will buy the normal ones? Those orange colour ones?

sweetpea

My dad tried to cut my baby's nail when I wasn't around, and instead clipped of the thumb's skin. Did not bleed but swollen a few days. He gave a loud scream and stared at my dad.

My boy blows bubbles all the time too! Now we make him wear bib at home. Too much saliva all over. Gotta keep changing clothes.

artemissoh

RE : Healthy Times BP

Bad news ladies, the mixed grain and oatmeal cereal is OOS.

Thankful, lezy, joeey, leila, there are 5 boxes of brown rice cereal. If you gals don't mind, then I will replace the 5 boxes of mixed grain with brown rice. If you don't want this option, please post here and PM/email me your account details.

Xiao Yun, lezy, joeey, leila, jeannie, do you gals want me to refund you for the oatmeal cereal or order the barley one or another item? If you want me to refund, please PM/email me your account details.

blueginger, sorry your revised order only the maple teethers in stock. You want to go ahead? If so, please transfer S$4.76 to me.

bluegin

stephie,
OIC. Holland too far from Jurong west. Forget abt gng there for food.

Bx,
heal on her own. The marks always remind me of my carelessness. Wanna erase it immediately. =P

Andrea,
Yap. Those we usually take.

Artemis,
No stock loh....
OK. Will take the maple teether. I have not transfer to you yet. Waiting for your confirmation on the hugga bear cookies expiry date. Cos previously you have a list that stated the expiry date on Sep 08. Did you find out whether the expiry date of the batch we are ordering? Thank.

artemissoh

Hi Stephie,

Yeah lor... I also scared that they enclose the item in another box then I pay for "air". :p

Hi kitsune,

I also super sian cause my HB only plays with her. If she calls him first I think I will be super dui. :p

I will ask him about the round market thing then. But today brought her for her immunisation injections and her regular PD said normal to have wet burps or if she very active (which she is). :p

Hi jeannie, Garfield9,

Received your transfer.

Hi blueginger,

Replied you on the Healthy Times BP above.

Danica is better now that I gave my maid strict instructions not to put her on her tummy or let her jump within 30 minutes of finishing her milk.

Hi jeannie, Andrea,

Yeah, she is better now.
Thanks.

genice

blueginger and stephie.. got aston express in the west side.. if u consider 6th ave west lor.

stephie.. not sure u noe the place or not its in one of the coffee shop opp cold storage at 6th avenue.

bluginer.. i used to stay just opp tampines court leh.. directly opp nearer to the mkt one. will be there every sunday.. u ?? everyday at pil hse?

stephie.. think i bring baby try next week.. will sms u first k.

bx.. i wish i can go.. sigh.. baby dun latch... the next one i must latch on!!!

artmis.. if got brwon rice cereal i also dun mind changing to that.

kitsune_sg

Artemis, that's reassuring since PD said it's ok.
Sometimes when my hubby plays with RaeAnne soon after her feed, she also throw up 'tau huay' and I'll nag him. True lar, seems like daddys all like to play with their babies, because they are still big kids after all. Haha.

Bx/blueginger, I very scared to cut her nails for the same reason but done it a few times. ILs even more scared than me they never do it one though baby is with them 5 days in a week, so we always make hubby do the dirty job of cutting her nails. haha.

bluegin

kitsune,
Nobody wanna do the dirty job. So only I do loh. If anyone complains, they will do it. So currently, nobody dare to raise a word. heheeh.

jeannie,
me not very routine. my usual plan is weekend over PIL place. but sometimes MIL misses her grand-daughter so have to come back for a week or so. Tmr I will be at Tampines.

artemis,
Glad that Danica is alright now.

kitsune_sg

Stayed up to watch the olympics opening ceremony which I missed twice because of baby. Finally can go to sleep but think baby waking up soon. Yawn...

panggou

good morning!

have not been posting so far as i cant log in from work place....

my girl is now 6 mth and i start her on heinz organic white rice cereal too. mix wit bm. now around 6 scoops. sorry for broken sentence as i pump while type.

now i am only pumping 3 times a day, 5am, 2pm and 9/10pm. supply has dropped as compared to the time i pump more. worse still on weekend, i pump in morning and night only, latch rest of daY.

my infant care also gave her 3 spoonful of grinded porridge since 2 days back.

i want to start her on fruits this weekend...but cos she is infant care, i cant try fruits on weekday. if weekend i try different fruit each day, will it be tough to track allergy?

but recently, she keep waking up at night, i felt so tired.... not sure why she no longer just wake up once for milk sigh.......

and she has this bad habit of no pooh at home on wkend. will only poo h in school!

babyxan

jeannie,
after pumping for 5 months plus (i stopped latching on when my bb was abt 2 mths), i tried to latch my bb on last week. coz i know i am going to stop bfing soon, so i wanna have the experience of latching again. but bb refuse to suck. she use her hands to squeeze my nipples and spit out when the milk started flowing out. omigod!! and my evil hb keep laughing.

next one i oso wanna latch on for long period.

kitsune_sg

Latched baby on only close to 6am this morning, so thankful that I got to sleep for 3+ hours. Maybe it's because she only slept at 11.30pm last night. Tried to let her sleep early but no use. :p

bx, my baby use her hands to squeeze my breast and nipple too, think it's because they want to hold their own food now. As for spitting out, my gal also does that if the letdown is too forceful, esp if I didn't feed the night before and using her to clear my milk. I've been latching her on for more than 6 months liao, so don't take it personally, try latching on again and again over the weekend. She'll get the hang of it. But then, after you succeed, you might 'bu she de' to stop BF hor cos it's so 'wen xin' to hold the warm and contented baby next to your heart after she drank her fill. But arms will ache.

toot

morning ladies !

seems like been a while since i last posted... no time to post in office coz i'm only in office 4 days a week but with full work load... i think going back to work earlier but clearing leave slowly afterwards is a baaaad idea, but anyways...

re: synch bf
heard about this but dun think wanna go...hehe.. me shy2 too... :p

re: solids
currently i'm only giving one rice cereal per day (about 2 teaspoons mixed with fm, coz somehow my baby dun want when we mix with bm...maybe coz it's too watery ? anybody else have the same problem ?) and on top of that i give one fruit serving per day... so far only tried papaya, banana and steamed pear.. he doesn't like banana and seems to like the pear but then he couldn't finish the serving yest... think i will also change the rice cereal brand soon coz right now i'm feeding heinz rice cereal but dun think my son enjoys it... so will prob try nestle brand next...

re: pumping
i'm still hanging on there...pumping 6 hourly 3 times and night time i'll latch... somehow now my son drinks more so my supply good enough for one day + one extra serving which i normally dun freeze as he still dun want frozen milk...yeap, all my frozen milk i thinkw ill go down the drain :p but i don't mind as long as he's willing to drink the expresssed one and is healthy...

re:teeting,
hmm...my son hasn't start teething i think...i hope that's normal... still waiting for his 6th month jab....decided to give hi m 6-in-1 rather than 5-in-1 + hep...

re:bfeeding
i also plan to bf until 1 year old...hehehe... hope i can persevere till then coz getting troublesome to find time to pump, somemore now i need half an hour to pump to clear everything and get decent amount of milk. i want to change to 3x pumping a day but really scared that ss will drop...

oops...gotta go, hear my son is awake...he's just getting more fun to play with now but hten he will also wake up longer during the day and sleep less... take care ladies !

tansy

isobellies...i bought 2! hee hee...cos twins mah, so both can play at the same time. One 2nd hand LEapfrog exersaucer, one BN FP rainforest jumperoo. they take turns in each one...then swop. one thing good about renting is u can change the exersaucer every month?

eileengoh

Hi all, havent posted since i went back to work.. been really busy and tired.. and boy was down with flu and cough past 2 weeks.. my fault.. i was down 3 weeks ago and he caught it from me..

Xiaoyun, i would like to share the happy bellies cereal if stil available. how do i pay you and how do i collect?

Brown rice (USD 25.11/6 = USD 4.19)
(1) xiaoyun
(2)eileengoh

MultiGrain (USD 25.11/6 = USD 4.19)
(1) xiaoyun
(2) eileengoh

isobellies.. we have been renting an exersaucer for my mum's place.. for our own place, we recently bought the fp rainforest jumperoo from taka fair. bec baby only home on weekend.. so i guess can have the same one here for few mths.. at my parent's place everyday and even some weekend.. so i guess he'll get bored with 1 saucer so we rent..

calbee

Hello mummies,

I have 10 jars of Heniz and earth's best organic baby purees to give away. My baby not eating them and it is wasteful to throw away.

If interested please sms me 9436 6475 Lynn, self collect at hougang.

Thanks