(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

morning ladies!

Happymum2b,
*hugs* hope Erlene is feeling better.

BB's poo and changing FM
brought bb for his 3 month check up last Friday. he's gaining weight (6.8kg) and doing well. asked pd about his poo condition which is now semi liquid texture (like porridge, slightly more watery than the standard 'mustard' texture) 4X a day. pd dun think it's an issue cos bb is gaining weight but he said we can also change fm if we want.

dilimma now--should i change fm? what if there are more 'problems' after i change fm? how do i go about changing to the new fm? should i mix half-half (old and new fm) in 1 feed or should it be 1 feed fm A and next feed fm B?

feel quite heart pain to see his bum red from all the pooing and also $$ spent on the large quantity of diapers and wet wipes he's consuming...

Dor, Taka is having member's sales this Friday. I should be stocking up for the wipes.

I can spare u a packet first. U wan?..

Piglettail, it is still better to go on BM and if u wanna switch to FM, u cannot do an abrupt total switch or his immune system is still immature and may lead to more distress. Switch gradually. For diapers, I tend to change to the cheaper ones during my gal's 'heavy' pooing periods in the afternoons and early evenings. And whenever I see rashes, I will apply Desitin Creamy for her. It works each time for me...hths...
happy.gif

bottle feeding of EBM,
mummies, can i find out how do you time/schedule when to feed EBM? is it based on a fixed interval (say every 3 hrs feed, even if bb is not crying?) or do you feed on demand?

3rd day at work...yawn...so sleepy...
sad.gif

Sucking thumb, I have an issue w them after seeing my niece falling ill and having buck teeth. Her pd ever mentioned the bacteria that will be passed from thumbs when she had bouts of viral infection and fever. I also observed that she's developing buck teeth due to her style of thumb sucking.

My boys also wanted to suck thumb...I remediate by offering them cut up celery sticks and partially steamed carrot sticks. I place them in a tupperware filled w cold water and take them out from the fridge for use whenever I need. This way, it helps with their psychomotor skills too and more hygenic.

piglettail: wow ur boy poo so many times! o dear. o bit tiring to keep chnaging diaper oso hor. which Fm is he using?

my boy always constipation wan... his record is to poo after 6 days. but not hard ones so GP says ok. so if he poo everyday, we will cheer and if we are working, mil will sms us the gd news

hi amy,

i am on total FM hence unable to give BM..how do you suggest to switch gradually? mix half and half of the old and new FM in 1 feed or 1 feed old FM and next feed the 'new' FM?

my bb doesn't have a regular pooing time hence it's difficult to estimate and use the cheaper diapers as accordingly. im currently using PetPet but it still adds up as compared to if he doesn't poo so much in the 1st place.
im also using Desitin Creamy, works well
happy.gif

hi jaslyn,

yes understand what u mean by cheering...on my side i pray and pray that i dun see 'shit' when i go home everyday. cheer and report to hb if bb only poo a total of 2X in 1 day, haha...ya lor, change diaper until my back hurts manz.

im worried that if i change FM and if he end up not pooing, then how.....?? he's currently on similac.

oh...paiseh...din know it's FM. will there be any issue with his formula in this case? Or he may be allergic to something in it? It does happen to some kids. How many times u feed per day? Not advisable to mix formula. Touchwood, if issues arise, u wouldn't know which is the 'culprit'.

Maybe u do alternate feeds to get the digestive system used to it? Like the following schedule for a couple of days...
1st feed : old
2nd : old
3rd : New (This one try to be the late morning feed or the lunch feed when the body is tuned for more active digestion process?)
4th : Old
5th : Old
6th : New
7th : Old

jaslyn,
same here!! my bb poos every 5 days or so. if mom or hb around they will pass to me to clean up. so far she will hold it and wait for me to be around before pooing....cos she seems to know that i'm the only one who will clean her up!

initially, was very worried, kept calling home to see if bb poo or not. now i'm more relaxed cos confirmed with pd that it's not constipation. so let her be.

piglettail,
strange hor, thot FM babies have harder poos? actually, if it's not diarrhea and he's gaining weight well my 2 rupiah worth is to just let him be lor. 4x is an improvement over BF babies who poo (used to) 8, 9x a day!

snowbelle,
wow 7kg at 3months for baby ger ger ah? hmm...did PD say anything? if not should be ok i guess.

i heard somewhere that the average age of a baby is 10kg at 12 months. looks like a lot of our bbs will all hit 10kg waaaaaaaay before man.

Jeannie, yes the bb gal in lilac bumbo (Stella's bumbo <kelly's> to be exact) is mine
happy.gif

the other is bb leonard (leila's)..hehe

i am working near GWC, if any1 needs anything from motherwork can let me know
happy.gif

seems like all mummies bring bb to the aqua duck
happy.gif
but i see the tub like very small..hehe...

mummies,
yesterday my hubby was reading (MIRACLE!!!) the Tracy Hoggs book i borrowed from the library (The Baby Whisperer Solves Your problems - or something like that).

He said somewhere it noted that 'last month's' EBM is not suitable for "this month's" baby....somewhat indicating that EBM should be drank within the month as our BM 'evolves' with the growth of baby?

anyone heard of this?

lezy,
ya i heard before. EBM best consumed within the month as the body adjusts the nutrient levels in the milk to adapt to bb's growth. that's why unlike FM need to "upgrade", BM's upgrade is auto one.

weight gain- I *think* (someone correct me if I am wrong) that when bb starts crawling and cruising, the weight gain will slow down significantly, which means they wont always be gaining weight at the current rate. Which also means that alot of the bbs start losing their super-duper cute squishiness and chubbiness.
sad.gif

POO:
my bb poos about once in 2-3 days. Sometimes if 3-4 days no poo, the next day she poos twice BIG LOAD.

happy.gif

SCHEDULE:
super unfixed...but at least..

- she will sleep through most nights (10pm-6am)
- She likes to sleep on her own now (no need to carry until hand pain and sweaty!)

So i'm very very thankful liao....well, until she starts to really teeth big time and cry a lot - that's what i hear.

hi xiaoyun,
can convert my order to 1 LV CB Calendula Cream instead?thanks so much!

happymum2b,
balance to offset OLD NAVY shipping can?

update on my son's cough

My son , Shaun, was admitted to hospital on Sunday and discharged yesterday, due to bronchiolitis ( same as Happy mum's Erlene!)

At first, on Friday night, we brought him to PD adn the PD said very mild, so only gave saline drop to unblock his nose. No phlegm yet. But on Saturday, we started to hear his cough with phlegm, so Sunday morning we went to TMC since the PD at my area is closed. To our surprise the doc said my son very ill. Very poor thing, we were all very shocked cuz his cough wasnt serious at all. Myson looks normal, very happy boy, and only cough occasionally. he could sleep well and eat well, NO FEVER also. how come need to hospitalised? but we jsut got to listen to the PD and guai guai admitted my boy. So sad, my boy got to do suction and he cried so badly. He never cried so much beforem until his eyes swollen. He felt so tired after the suction and fell asleep very quickly. but my heart ache alot, why did he need to go thru so much suffering since his cough doesnt look serious to us? cuz he eats well, sleep well and play well, talks a lot and very cheeful.

Unlike happy's gal, my son got to be on nebuliser + oral medication. very poor thing
sad.gif

jaslyn
my PD says that if the poo is not constipated it's normal, cos the baby is just extracting all the nutrients from the FM, so not much waste to poo out. for me, i supplement similac feeds with approx 1 Nan feed a day (plus latch on and EBM), seems to help more frequent poos. his record is 7 days no poo!

tute
BBBjorn - the packaging dun say whether it's for a specific model, i think maybe can fit all cos the form factor for most models is the same, just the back support and material differs? not 100% sure
happy.gif

tong,
**HUGS HUGS HUGS**.. I know how you feel...
Oh, Erlene was on nebuliser too, every 4 hourly then change to every 6 hourly..
No oral medication was given although i hv requested for it (for her cough)..

The nebuliser thing is something like putting a transparent square box over her head.. is it the same for your son ?

They done suction ONCE only for my gal when they saw her coughing so badly and din wan to drink milk..
My gal oso did not develop any fever thru out.. She was oso in her usual cheerful self during this period..

yes, i also feel sooooo sim tia when i saw my gal going thru this, esp when she was coughing badly &amp; has no appetite.. sigh..

garfield,
re weight, PD said a bit on the high side but cannot on diet now... may need to control when she starts on solid... you know hor... the father of the 5-month-old bb (in the clinic) kept looking at my girl, then me and my hb... must be thinking what we use to feed her... coz my gal looks like a giant beside his gal...

re bb bjorn, I wanted to get one... but it's like so ex... more than $200 even if we get from US, right?

re poo, I think I'm the bad mummy... if my hb around, I'll make him change bb diaper... I feel like throwing up whenever I smell the poo :p

tongtong,
You must be damn heartache... is your son getting better now?

many-day-poop: hee my bb also poops once every few days, sometimes up to 5 days, so you can imagine the quantity and the er.. smell. I do diaper-duty when hb is not in, but if the pooping day falls on a weekend, then its hb's duty hee. :D

snowbelle- try and see if you can get a second-hand bjorn instead, post in the WTB section and you'll soon get sellers emailing you offers. Maybe you can state that you only want to buy those in excellent/BN condition. I got a v good deal on mine in almost brand-new condition.
happy.gif

tong tong, oh dear, my heart aches for you.
sad.gif

lezy, I think teething pains also vary from kid to kid. My older DD has such bad teething pains that it affected hre appetite and sleep, and she was a real grouchbug when it hurts most. But I know some kids who hardly felt a thing and the mums didnt even know they were teething till the teeth emerged! I am keeping my fingers crossed tight for my bb, hope he is one of those lucky bbs.
EBM- yes I've read what you mentioned, about how BM changes to suit bb's diff needs at each stage. But I believe that the difference is not very significant, unless the bb ONLY drinks very old EBM all the time, which is not the case for most of you right?

tongtong and happymum.. i can unstand how u all fee.. just 1 month plus ago.. my ger also have cough w a bit of phlegm.. my hubby passed to her. We went to see doc and got some very mild cough syrup for her.. feed her 1 ml each time.. she cried till so sad everytime we feed her cause it taste sweet byt a bit spicy. She only recovered 1 week later.

Actually how do we noe its serious or not.. did ur baby cough till very bad?? but tong tong u say ur boy was still the same right what did the hos say?? he's very ill?

snowbelle
i got mine for USD$99 from Target when my hubby went to the states
happy.gif
you can get the Air for $178 from Baby Hyperstore.

tongtong
oh my, poor thing!! seems like a lot of bbs these days got similar problems :S which hospital did he go to?

Re:poo
yesterdae my ger only poo in the evening once..but that is enuff to make my MIL ask me why never poo the whole day?Luckily she poo in the evening. Aiyoh i cant imagine he not pooing in any day cause she poos at least 2 x a day one.

Berry , cheryl and snowbelle.. u all very cute leh..i dun mind cleaning baby backside cause not that smellly. i think mine is worst.. hehe. My hubby also preety good at changing and feeding baby..he so detailed till he takes so long!!

snowbelle.. i think my ger abt the same weight as urs. she also quite chubby one

Cheryl, sounds fun, i will join u gals too
happy.gif

erm, but mummy duno how to swim is it safe..hahaha..better to ask daddy i suppose.

aquaDucks Free Trial Class
How many? 4 babies per class (1-parent-1-child)
Where? Heated pool at Suntec (so baby only need a swimming diaper)
When? Somewhere in Aug(weekend)
How long? Each session is 30 mins max
Time: TBA
Age? 6 months onwards
http://www.aquaducks.com.sg/programmes.html

1) Cheryl
2) Dorothy
3) Dorothy's fren
4) Qingling
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

Please kindly provide me the children's name, date of birth and their parent contact number. PM me this info and i will consolidate..

thanks for so many response regarding sucking thumbs Vs pacifer!

Yes I actually read it from some books and some baby related leaflets that it is fine to introduce thumbs to the baby. Which my MIL doesn’t think so. She mentioned that his elder son (not my hubby) suck his own thumb till it look different from the rest of his finger.
proud.gif
So she bought a pacifier and wanting to introduce it to my baby. Luckily my baby dun like pacifier and throw it out whenever my MIL try putting it inside his mouth. :p

Tong Tong, read your message... my girl was warded when she was 3 months, around 2 weeks back...

actually she looked fine on a fri, then hubby say she feels a bit warm, but she stll playing so we thot she is fine... did not even take temp. On sat, turn out we take temp it is fever liao.... so we brought her in to see a Doctor in TMC, wont say who, but very bad.... cos he scolded us for bringing her in late... and make her go through blood test... when the lab tech draw the blood from her foot, i feel so heart pain man, cant even see..... she was crying very badly....

turn out viral fever... but i think i was the one who spread with her, but the lousy doctor just declared it is the infant care fault... end up hubby also mad with me cos infant care is my choice..... if you recall the conflict i have with his shitty aunt.

when we get back, sunday late noon, she throw out a whole feed after i latch her, and at night she throw out another feed... we panic and bring her down to TMC to call Dr Ong Eng Keow in liao... very ex.... but we went ahead.... he admitted her for more checks.... this time round, need to put the drip thing in for her... even more heart pain, cos her palm is tied flat onto a carboard thing so that she will not bend and hurt herself... very sad.... to see her palm all bandage up.....

yes she also put through nebuliser.... she still so innnocent did not know what is it, and look so curious when i do it for her, so poor thing, cos her face so small and the thing cant even fit.... she look so curious and still feel excited which even make me more sad cos i am putting her though it... i cried... yes though she did not sceam through, i cied, cos i find her so innocent and still thot it is something cute or different.... i tried to make it fun for her by saying "breath in breath out 1234" cos she loves counting for exercise... heart eally breaks man when you see her looks so curous at the thing..... dont know if you know what i mean....

Age? 6 months onwards

1) Cheryl
2) Dorothy
3) Dorothy's fren
4) Qingling
5) Jeannie
6)
7)
8)
9)

Please kindly provide me the children's name, date of birth and their parent contact number. PM me this info and i will consolidate..

Cheryl.. dun worry i can save u.. hehe.. my hubby also trained lifeguard..

winnie.. i read what u say untill i want to cry.. i get vey upset when my ger gets injections.. i can imagine how sad u must be when she has to be put on drip..

Cheryl,
Haha... our hbs are kio sai uncle lah... funny thing is that when bb is still less than 2 months old, he very scared of her poo poo one... somemore that time her poo no smell... but now he's ok with it.... hmmm... maybe he likes the really smelly poo poo! :p

bb poo,
There was once when I was changing her diaper after she pooed. While cleaning her up, she farted at my face... really faint lah... genna choked some more...

berry,
Thanks. How much you pay for your bjorn?

teething,
bb starts teething so early?

Iso,
Thanks. Besides Baby Hyperstore, anywhere else selling bjorn? No car so not convenient to got there...

genice,
haha... so my girl got company.... next time they can diet together liao :p

winnie,
hug-hug... I can imagine how heartache you are... How is she now?

Age? 6 months onwards

1) Cheryl
2) Dorothy
3) Dorothy's fren
4) Qingling
5) Jeannie
6) Snowbelle
7)
8)
9)

Hi,

I have a lime green bumbo seat(no tray) for sale at $45. Condition is almost brand new and comes with original box. Collection point is either boon lay/jurong west (weekends or weekday nights) or orchard (weekday lunchtime). Please email at [email protected] if interested.
Thanks.

Winnie, I also read until want to cry. Poor baby. Can understand how you feel. When my gal had skin infection when she was only 2 weeks old, I also very heart pain to see her scream in pain cos the skin was broken, red and oozing.
sad.gif

Age? 6 months onwards

1) Cheryl
2) Dorothy
3) Dorothy's fren
4) Qingling
5) Jeannie
6) kitsune_sg
7)
8)
9)

Hee, actually I also registered interest at Jan MTB thread but if it's weekend date then I prefer to go with you all cos Jan MTB is weekday.
happy.gif

winnie/tongtong,
so poor thing...seems like this is common amongst babies? listening to your experience think we have to be extra careful and more observant when it come to babies illness...

snowbelle,
can get bjorn at mothercare...you can get the other models too which is less than $200, i'm using air model...after using for about 1-2 hour then i'll get tired but still bearable and easier to use than other carriers...

iso,
ic...ok i'll check it out, coz my son starts salivating a lot and it always wet my carrier...

re: thumb vs. pacifier,
i have no strong objections for both...i use pacifier when putting bb to sleep, other times i let him suck his thumb...just that i regularly wipe his hands clean...

hi ladies,

Amy,
thanks for your suggestion! I will try the milk feed schedule out if i do decide to change FM...think i will buy another new tin of the current FM and kiv over next week.

Garfield,
yalor, i also thot FM babies are supposed to shit less. mine shit 8-9X a day while he was on BM+FM (more 60%FM 40%BM) during his early days. sigh, shit too much, worry, dun shit, also worry.not to mention worrying about the colour/texture of the shit....

tongtong,
*hugs* hope your boy boy is feeling better now.

winnie &amp; tongtong:
o dear... it breaks my heart to read your post. i think we have to be careful w our babies ya. hope ur babies are much better liao.

re: FEVER
sian.. my mi ljust called to say my boy got fever 38 degree... ya and last nite last feed, i prepared 110ml FM for him. He threw up everything after he finish 65 and try to play play talk talk to me and I con't to force him to drink. I was shocked @ the amt he threw up... the milk even come out from his nose. But then he never cry, after we calm him down, he is still trying to talk to us. I felt terrible trying to make him drink his milk.

Iso:
my GP say my boy is like me... coz i oso nv poo daily wan. so its normal.

cheryl:
voted for your boy liao
happy.gif

Back