(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

sunny,
good job!! confidence booster hor =)

bkk,
good for you!! haiz...i think i need to resume my pump every 2 hr thingy soon. the other time i did it, could see an increase. but since i moved to a 4 hr interval, ss drop again. and i haven't been that diligent with the rue. got to be more hardworking liao.

sgwave,

can sterilise the tubing, just cannot sterilise together with other parts. It needs 120ml water to sterilise the tubing, but only 60ml to sterilise other parts.

oh ya..only can get in KK..i tried all departmental stores and TMC all dun have

cheryl,
Payment made. Details as follows:

To Account POSB Savings
070-26852-3 summer_bb
Amount S$60.78
Transaction Reference 1686462603

Thanks alot!!

bx, i only latch at night one or 2 times, depend whether bb wanna zz thru. the the rest of the time i pump out and send to infanct care for his daytime intake lor.
now i only pump once at about 5-6am, once at 2pm, and once at 9pm. if not tired maybe try to pump before i zz. but now after i work i will pengsan after my dinner and pumping. din wake up to pump liao.

sgwave: my ss siao siao one. last week my ss drops and that time my bb doesnt wanna drink! then later on ss comes back again and bb resumes drinking. strange. this week started work, i think drop a bit because i only pump once in office. mine is about 50ml per hour. so i calculate how many hours and find that the yield is much less,. so guess pumping less now so ss drops liao. but still enuff for bb.

BD: artemis, will still bleed one huh after bd? i now super no mood and tired. after pumping at night zz with bb liao. poor hubby had been resisting >1 year liao, since i pregnant!

stephie: yea, the cloth doesnt cost that much. my mum also wanna ask her friend to sew another piece for me, with better materials!sure cheaper also

jeannie: aiyo, i'm small built in the first place la, too skinny not good leh.

hiccup and sneeze: my boy always hiccup and sneezes.

tong,
u pump abt 3 times and it's enough for ur baby. very good. i will wish to TBF too. but because my baby will be taken care by mil overnight, so i dun demand that she wake up to heat up ebm. i told her to give baby FM for the night feeds. i oso know that when i start work, my ss sure not enough to sustain TBF. on my good days, i can get abt 40ml per hour. never more than that.

re: growth spurt
if i'm not wrong, there's one in the 1st month then followed by 3rd month.

tongtong,

wah...50ml per hour, that's a lot already. I intend to pump only once at work...quite similar to your timing. once at 5-6am, once during lunch, once after work, and once before sleep....
Not praying for extra, just enough for baby happy already.

berry, dor,
where can i see the 30% ah? i dun seem to see it on lesportsac.com :S

berry,
i'm sure you look ok lah, but most impt is to have a bag that you feel good about. excuse to buy more bags! hee
happy.gif

Saw some flakes on baby's hair... Dunno if it's due to the shampoo. Using J.

Recalled that someone was saying can apply baby oil. May i know if need to scrap with the oil or just apply? Apply before bath and wash away is it?

sgwave,
i apply already then leave on for awhile. then i slowly massage out the flakes. if they don't come out, i try to scrape off gently.

yup, gotta wash like how u will normally wash ur bb's hair. ur bb's hair may be abit oily for that day. but after washing one more time should be fine.

Iso, the 30% is from the spree threads, I think those spree organisers managed to get hold of some special one-time coupons to get the discount.

happy
i brought my gal to see doc. she's been scratching her face and back quite badly these 2 days. today even worse, got some acne... so, decided to bring her to see doc.
went out about 1 hr... luckily, my boy slept in the sling soundly and didn't cry for milk. haha...

bx
i use MIM sling, cradle method. wanted to buy pouch sling, too. but, think i only need one sling 'cos got baby bjorn carrier liao. if but another one, sure get scolded by hb. :p

berry
i also think that i won't look good with LSS, that's y don't wanna buy. hehe...

re: milk supply
seems that my ss drops 'cos of my boy's irregular feeding interval leh. i wonder i should gv him full EBM and pump exclusively or not... but bu she de that latching on convenience and feeling leh...

xiao yun
the zojirushi at JL sale same model as the BP here?

Little Touch Leapad system and books
How much is it selling now? Feel like selling mine, bought late last year from paulinesiah. But when I took out to test "A Bear in the house", like quite cheem to play leh. Let my cousin's 2-year old daughter try. She also not interested, tried it for only 5 mins then distracted liao, wonder if my dd will like it next time. :p

Iso, the discount is 20OFF or 30off depending on the amt you purchase. Erica passed it to me. Anyway, for those who have joined others, dun quote me, u can subtly ask them. One spree organiser did asked me abt the shipping size. Based on my experience, Lesportsac shipped well. And they dun bend their products so better to consolidate the big ones together and the small ones as they use different sizes of cartons during shipment.

Berrywife, good idea. Can keep my threads neat also. I like to do private sprees, at least wun scare the spreeists run away. Now got more time, that's y do open sprees. DH got to send me to police station twice although he would have to send more infact. I got to report those errand and despicable ones.
sad.gif
So now I very strict abt transfers being verified before proceeding w the order.

Just now went Robinsons, calculated that it is still worth it to get them online. So started a spree liao. Spree #04.
biggrin.gif

Xiaoyun I add in 1 more order, will jio my friend see whether she want to get CB for u to order quickly from Vitaglo

Vitaglo spree #2

CB Diaper Area Wash 6.5 OZ, $6.62
(1) jeannie
(2) qingling(starry)

CB bubble bath light and happy 13 oz, $7.99

BUG REPEL SPRAY CITRONELLA, $7.92
(1) leila

BUG REPEL LOTN CITRONELLA 6.5 OZ, $6.69
(1) jeannie
(2) leila

SUNSCREEN SPF30 FRAG FREE, $11.82

SUNSCREEN SPF30+CITRONELA, $11.82

MOISTURIZING CREME 4 OZ, $8.83

SOOTHING & HEALING SPRAY 6.5 OZ, $6.69

SHMPOO/BDY WSH SWIM DEFNS 8.5 OZ, $6.62

SHAMPOO/BODY WASH 17.5 OZ, $11.82

CALIFORNIA BABY SHAMPOO/BODY WASH 8.5 OZ, $6.69
1) Vine_gal

==================================
Calendula Cream -- OOS, $7.48
(1) dor11
(2) goodbaby
(3) tongtong
(4) bkkgal
(4) thankful

re: milk supply
one of the reasons why i choose to pump exclusively is because my ger not able to empty my breasts. it was a sad decision for me as i miss the feeling of nursing her. now, once in a while when we go shopping, i will still try to nurse her if there is nursing room available.

direct latch on is more convenient. no need to wash and sterilise bottles. sunny, if u can, continue to latch on. for my next baby, i will try to latch on for longer period.

amy, berry
WOW! thanks!!!!! for the code and the shipping advice. i will order it directly myself ;) 30% is really a lot of money to save man!

Hi tongtong,

I think due to episotomy made the hole smaller so a bit pain. Then cause I natural birth and got 2 tears in my vagina that recovered only after 6 weeks that's why got slight bleeding after BD. Wah... Your HB really can tahan. Mine after I stop wearing pad already syart to kajiao me. I have to be very firm. :p

RE: LittleTouch™ LeapPad® Books

Allahmah! Now then I got time to read forum and order the books not sure if summer got see my latest message a not.

RE: Nursing Covers

Qoosan, please update us on the status when you are free. Thanks.

RE: temperature taking

If using ditigal thermometer and place under armpit to take temperature must add on 0.5 degrees for it to be accurate (from what I read from the user manual that came with mine).

iso, code only valid if you order at least USD200 or USD300 respectively. That's why I spree-d again to get the discount for something I saw in Robinsons just now.
biggrin.gif

For natural births, better to continue w the kegel exercises, they helped to heal wounds fast and contract the stomach and womb. During pregnancy, the 2 big muscles in the stomach split to accommodate the growing foetus, so post pregnancy, better to try to bring them back or a 'paunch' will set in. Me never do that during 1st baby so now, wan to lose them also they become more stubborn...
sad.gif

amy,
I also want to order lesportsac. Would like to have the same as what Dor and Garfield ordered. Pls let me know whether able to do so. I trf to you when I chk this thread later today.

sgwave,
think i saw the medela sterilizing bags at mothercare... u can try call to confirm if they carry
happy.gif

hi amy!
my boy also 22 feb! which hosp? me MEH, sekali same hosp :p

btw, how to do the kegel exercise? my jelly belly veri big... i scared wait set in liao
sad.gif

Most impt b4 doing the exercise is to RELEASE your bladder. Otherwise u risk having UTI.

Some people exercise the wrong muscles. U will know u do it correctly if you exercise the same muscles that resembles when you try to hold urine in their stream. For eg, u in the midst of peeing...then suddenly u stopped it. It is those muscles. U can do it sitting, standing or lying down...no worries.
happy.gif

Do a series of 5 short stops then 5 long stops and remember to breathe when you are doing it.
biggrin.gif

Mine from KK lei...same obstetrician throughout all 3 pregnancies.
happy.gif

Thankful, my spree closed within an hour after starting. If you are still keen, will do a 2nd batch. But hor...really dun know what Garfield and Dor ordered...can show me the link and the print you wan?

hi amy
glad 2 c u here.

happymum2b
edward's going 2 bethesda in pasir ris. i moving gabe fr shalom to bethesda so both boys going 2 a new school in jan09. edward'll b in pre-nursery. betta look around 4 a gd preschool for ur kids.

garfield
relac relac, fyi stella poo-ed last thu n she hasnt poo yet again. me not panicking as usual. 4 e past 4wks, i tik my girl only poo-ed 4x. as usual, if she dun poo by fri morn, i'll bring her go c a GP.

kelly,
thanks! i think i'm poo crazy...every day waiting for her to poo poo =P hb said bb also not gancheong but the adults around her all gancheong spider haha

so the threshold is 7 days for TBF babies? how about arielle since she is on 25% FM?

re preschool - do you have any recommendations? thinking of sending my gal to those half day play school when she hits 12 - 18 mths.

zzz...suppose to pump but forgot to sterilise pump last night and put in fridge so i'm waiting for sterilizer to finish then pump... meanwhile surf forum...hehe..

garfield,
*wave* i thought i'm the only one awake at this time since forum so quiet... :p

amy,
i join 2 of your sprees...heheh...welcome welcome...

artemis,
think qoosan updated the nursing wrap thread about the status...
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1318768.html?1209394012

tute,
*wave back* keke i oso thought i'm the only one =) i oso forgot to sterilize the lid of my BM container!! tmw public hol no need to work so surf a while after pumping

which spree did you join?

hehe...back from pumping...seems like my ss decreasing coz my son keeps waking up 2x during the night every 4 hour...used to be able to yield >300ml but now decrease by 100ml...well this is after latching...wondering if it's growth spurt or he doesn't have enough milk during the day...coz i've been trying to regulate his feeding schedule as well (once every 2-3 hours) but after 0.5 or 1 hour (once he is sleepy--or so i think) he'll want to nurse so nowadays i put him on pacifier and he'll fall asleep within minutes...now my biggest concern how do i differentiate b/w sleepy rooting and hunger rooting...since i'm scared i'll miss out his growth spurt...hmm...i'll have to monitor again...what other signs are there during growth spurt other than wanting to nurse more frequently? would baby drink more milk than normal?

garfield,
i join quite a number of spree...pai seh to put down...hahaha... one thing's for sure... online shopping is addictive !

Hi tongTong,
How much BM has you produce during pump per breast? Your email state 50ml per hour. Which means 30min per breast is around 25ml? AM I right? You don't pump every 3 hourly? I ask is because I am pumping around 2-3oz around 30min. Just to check anything wrong with me for producing milk. My milk tent to drop, siao siao wan, sometime up to 160ml per 45min pump till empty my breast.
Hi all mummies out there,
Anybody can share your BM pumping experience? State per breast/ how long its take / how many ml each breast / every 3 hourly or 6 hourly ?

Happy Labour Day.......have to go work liao, Cheers!

hi baby-elin,
i just started 4 hr interval since tuesday. so what i gathered is:
left breast - 100ml
right breast - 60ml
time taken - 20min for both breasts
interval - 4 hours

sometimes will fluctuate. but so far total amt pumped is +/- 10ml.

bx,
this is early morning pump so that's why can yield a lot....i normally cannot yield this much if try to pump in the daytime when my son latches every 3 hours...i guess it's the good night sleep that helps to produce milk...
actually having abundant milk also have it sets of problem... e.g. when my breast too full cannot let my son latch otherwise he will choke coz the milk will just spray into his mouth...so actually i'm rather glad my ss drop a bit (though i hope it won't continue dropping) coz this way i dun need to worry my son will choke and engorged breast/blocked ducts among other things...
happy.gif

vine,
hehehe...join in the lss spree wagon !! me also want to tompang 1 slot from amy if she has another batch...

dor,
i went to sleep again after pumping so missed ur post, want to relax coz ph so hb can help bb sit
happy.gif

tute,
how i wish i have milk spraying on my ger's face. haha... mine drip miserably...

btw, u have long hair? hehe.. still wondering which one is u.

Back