(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

oh ya, PD said ok to give water to babies. the guideline is about 100ml. just in case any mummies were wondering cos i remember some discussion on whether to give water or not, and how much.

Dor, hahaha u thinking of xmas pressies now?!

Artemis, could it be the way you buckle the diaper? I am using pampers, so far no leakage problen even tho bb's poop is v runny and usually in HUGE quantities (he oppos once every few days!). Try adjusting the buckle lower so that the thigh part fits better?

Pigletail, I am using Synergy, the AIR material with back support, its excellent! I think the AIR material is really good, v breathable compared to the normal padding which I had few years ago (that one is too hot to be used at non-aircon places for too long). The back support is also a big plus factor.

weight- am I the only one who has no idea what I weigh lol?? I dont have a scale at home so I really have no idea. But I still cant fit into ANY of my old bottoms, dang!
sad.gif

garfield,
erm..my PD and even gynae told me never to feed water.
reason is because water has no nutrients but feeding bb with water will "take up" the space for the nutritious milk.
anyway, milk contains water so nonid to feed water at all, until start solids.

my take: i'll feed water once in a while, in case bb rejects water when the "time" comes...
juz take everything with a pinch of salt lah!
happy.gif

going out for lunch & bring boy for gai gai
chat with you gals later!
happy.gif

oh btw, before i go - any bb hiccups?
my boy always hiccups... and looks very uncomfortable
sad.gif

anyone shares the same problem?

cheryl, summer has available book for the titles u wan?
at $18 each.

berry, haha.. plan ahead ma.

garfield, u nor buying lesportsac huh?

leila, there r a few open spree? which one is to yr conv? maybe u print the thread here?

re neck
my bb also can't raise up much. can only move his head from side to side when lying on tummy. i think he haven't even learn to use his arms to push up. any "exercises" we can do?
happy.gif

artemis/cheryl/jeanie:
me 6kg stuck too!!

garfield:
i feed my bb water also, since he doesn't poo daily. seems to help a bit. is it 100ml a day?

cherish:
medela twin is damn noisy! lactina is much better. swing is the quietest of the 3 though! but not sure about the new PIS, the one my SIL lent to me is like 8 years old so it's quite noisy. Even tho medela has the 2-phase expression thing, you can actually do the same with the lactina, just that you have to set it yourself manually (whereas medela is "automatic"). Hope that helps
happy.gif
I think it's hard to decide unless you can try it for yourself? Lactina you can rent from mums in mind to try and PIS/electric plus you can rent from www.toyrentalclub.com ?

le sportsac:
have you guys seen the stella mccartney diaper bag? i love it!!
happy.gif
~~~~~ taka is selling $775 (with 10% discount) but it's only USD$350. drool
happy.gif

Iso, I think its quite nice, the SM range, but I cant make myself pay several hundreds for le sportsac leh, at that price (700+), can get a bag from coach liao. or top up abit more can get other bags from other brands.

berry,
ya, me also thk v exp. some more if nxt time my maid carry on my behalf then no point liao...don't need her to look stylo at my expense....hahaha!

dor,
heheh...you got me thinking about xmas pressies so i hop on the lesport sac wagon and got one... same print as the one both you and cheryl getting... :p

cheryl
dun buy the ear thermometer yet. can't fit into bb's ears. the thing too big, cannot insert in ear. i think can only use when they bigger.

hi bkkgal,
don't scare me leh...me using the braun thermometer leh...plus i bought it fm the PD. Been using it, don't tell me i always have wrong reading then....*gulp*

then maybe my bb got small ears...haha.. we tried many times with the ear thermometer and also took with digital one by armpit. there's a diff in reading leh...

Garfield
So proud of K! She completely emptied my breast for her lunchtime feed. I pump after feed but nothing came out. I think I successfully managed dd's growth spurt liao. I pump religiously after every feed and woke up to pump at night, now ss is up to 130-140ml. Previously only 100-120ml.

haha.. the "online shopping" virus is spreading around v strongly..

tute,
the 3 Little touch books i hv are :-
1. If I were... (intro colours)
2. A-Z adventure
3. Mr. Brown can moo, can you ?

cheryl,
bkkgal is right...ear thermometer not recommended for babies <3mths, can use normal thermometer put under armpit... the ear thermometer may not be accurate coz bb's ears is too small...

having said that though, i tried with both for my son and both have similar readings with 0.1-0.2 degree difference.

Wow mummies, i can see that u all are really addicted to online shopping already.

Back to work on monday, so many things to do..

i was also told by PD that sometimes, left ear n right ear will also give different readings. But jus take the higher of the 2 to play safe...i was told...hmmmm....

vine, heehee. no lah cos today my 2 kids veri guai so i got time to surf net ma.

tute, so u getting for xmas huh?

anyone looking for these?

LittleTouch™ LeapPad® Book: Pooh Loves You!
LittleTouch™ LeapPad® Book: Dora the Explorer A Gift from Big Sister Dora
LittleTouch™ LeapPad® Book: Rainbow Fish

i managed to find a lobang for $16 each. all shipping included.
let me know. i will pm his email to u. not earning anything but just sharing.

got any lobang for the learning system? i missed the spree. now wanna get the book oso no use...
just now the wan dor posted on the ready stock is $68. more ex than buy from the spree.

Back