(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

True, I need to ask others what their view about my maid , and Is she naughty?

For 2nd one, I tried a few times, even asked my MIL reminded toddler's grandma(mam's MIL) to bring children down instead since ILs are closer and they got pretty enough manpower. But before I could say anything, toddler's mummy told me off, seeing my helper carrying one twin. They are holding both P.H.D and MBA, I don't even know how to look being useful. I feel that they would rather trust their own maid than a neighbor.

But some of my neighbors did really help me to "watch" my maid. And we share tips of managing maids.

For the maid at 1st case, a few of my neighbors and I banned our maids to talk with her; but her employer didn't feel anything wrong yet.

pauline,
smsed you leh. no reply.
anyway, i didn't go to toy's sale in the end.
went metro to get some shirt for hb and books for #2.

re: maids/neighbors
i belongs to the category who likes the 'kampong' spirit.
hope neighbors will help to 'monitor' my kids or maid (if i have one).
fortunately, my neighbors are all very friendly and hb teased me that i live in kampong. my neighbor auntie even knows when we go to work or hb is outstation. haha...

Xy, sorry, was too tired On thurs n Ko w RA when I put her to bed. Woke up at 1+am then saw your sms n replied you. :p In the end o went borders n metro expo sale w hubby on fri evening too. ;)

Eliaw,
I'm interested too. But have a concern if we are allowed to bring children below 2since this drama is for 4 years and above.

Kampong neighbour
Ya~ I used to stay in HDB that have neighbour like Kampong. We opened our door every morning and closed before sleep. Don't even need to lock the gate. Neighbour will have a copy of our key and when we came home from school, will go to neighbour's house for lunch. Miss the days.
Now staying in new estate, neighbour even quarrel with us. We still see old neighbour around the neighbourhood, but there are more strangers too. So everyone will close their doors. So sad.

XY,
As per mentioned, I have PM you 2 recipes that I would like to share on healthy meals. You might want to try them.
I cannot post on the thread due to the files size. If anyone is interested, PM me. =)

eliaw,
thought you should have pop by then?

pauline,
i think my handphone screw up. didn't receive your sms.
and i seem to miss many sms recently too..
sad.gif

re: kampon neighbors
yes. i love kampong neighbors too.
my neighbors can bring a stool and sit in front of another one's house to chat during weekday daytime. heheh..
during my maternity leave last year, i sometimes brought my gal to neighbor auntie for help when she can't stop crying..
haha..

bluegin,
thanks. received!!

hi mummies,
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">gathering anyone?!!
how about coming Saturday @ Pasir Ris park?</font></font>

Xy, oic, was wondering why I didn't get your reply. What phone are you using? My hubby's Nokia X-3 always got problem receiving phone calls and smses too. :p

Tom is public holiday, thinking of where to bring the gals. They have been so deprived since maid left and mummy started to work. :p

pauline,
mine is Asus nuvifone.
my friend was telling me that probably my sim card is dirty, need to clean the surface. that's what was adviced by M1 CSO and works for his. i tried and still same problem leh. (sounds funny..)

iso,
agree.
it's important to 'blend' into the environment if one decide to migrate to another country. however, few new imigrants will do so nowadays..

10% disc + FOC normal postage for Feb 08 mums
happy.gif

It's a nice project to work on with your kids. Though ours are young, the science bit may be lost on them but the construction portion will interest them and will give you a project to work on on the weekends
happy.gif
So come, come and visit my thread.

Hi XY, thanks for SMS. Unfortunately, can't join this Sunday
sad.gif
got something planned already.

Hi QL, come and browse the link - got photos and videos of the toy posted up already.

bkk,
i tried the nugget by airfryer, it taste the same as made by oven.
for roti prata, not as nice as pan-fried.
for chicken, what i sampled tasted like baked chicken rather than deep-fried.

the 'compartment' is very small. probably can only fit in at most 10 chicken wing mid joint at once.

Brought the gals to Pasir Ris beach on National day for picnic and set up a tent. They cleaned out the fishballs, hard boiled eggs and sushi we brought.
happy.gif
They enjoyed the tent too, too bad too warm to sleep inside. The seawater quite dirty and full of floating seaweed that RA refused to touch it. -_-

wa, what's an airfryer? Exp? I need to get a new non stick frying pan big enough to fry fish, mine is badly scratched. :p

Keke, worked the whole day yesterday. Meeting, following by 2 briefings plus viewed 2 showflats in the afternoon. Haven't had that working feeling for a long time. Hee.

For info, there's a new EC Arc@Tampines launching opp Temasek Poly and a new Condo opp Sengkang MRT by early Sept. If anyone is keen, please PM or sms me cos I am part of the marketing team. Especially for SK Condo, just give me a cheque and I can book the unit with the floor and view you want before the showflat is even open to public. No need to squeeze with the crowd. hehe.
happy.gif

Oh XY, you have one too?

Does it really keep the oil out of the kitchen? Can you still smell the oil after cooking? 10 mid joint chix wing is good enuff for my family leh...unless we have a big party lah which I will cater for anyway
happy.gif

bkk,
no lah. i tempted to get it cos it suppose to be healthier.
tasted the 'product' from the airfryer when i out 'gai gai' @ Courts.
verdict: i think oven can do a similar job. not really worth it for $339.

Hi ladies, I did it! Survived 2 weeks without my now ex-helper n hb. I did ask mil to help once coz no 2 was sick n I wasnt feeling tops myself. The thing I mind the most is that mess situation in my house n I like it neater. Cleanliness... I'm closing one eye. ;)

Bkkgal, i got my air fryer at $300 from Paris silk, holland village. It works kinda like oven technology but the end product is crispier. The trick is to add a bit of oil for food ingredients which are not oily by nature. E.g home made fries. Most frozen food has oil added.

Elves &amp; Shoemaker
Date: 30 Oct 2011 Sunday
Time: 5pm
Tix: $24 ($32 25% discount) + $3 booking fee (per tix)

1) Eliaw (x2)

Jack &amp; Beanstalk
Date: 2 Dec 2011 Friday
Time: 10am
Tix: $23.80 ($28 15% discount) + $3 booking fee (per tix)
20% for min 20 Tix

1) Eliaw (x2)

I wanna make the booking by 18 August.. Interested pls let me know!

HI clover, well done! *clap clap* must be so tiring for you, 24/7 with the boys!

Hmm...think I will check out parisilk. $300 is cheaper than the groupon offer.

MOVERS
Anyone with recommendations for good movers? Moving soon, need to get quotes...

clover
jia you! jia you!!

bkk
philips fryer - or wait for their carnival sale? might be a few months more..

eliaw

Elves &amp; Shoemaker

1) Eliaw (x2)

Jack &amp; Beanstalk
20% for min 20 Tix

1) Eliaw (x2)
2) Iso (x2)

Eliaw,

Are you going to deliver soon? Boy or girl this time?

Wish to attend the show, but don't know whether Emma can catch the English, will ask my husband tonight.

Tubao,

not yet.. 3 more months.. It's a girl!

Actually during the play I also need to do some explanation to C. But it helps that if they know the story before hand..

Eliaw,

Congrats! Girl is sweet!

Elves &amp; Shoemaker

1) Eliaw (x2)

Jack &amp; Beanstalk
20% for min 20 Tix

1) Eliaw (x2)
2) Iso (x2)
3) Tubao(x2)

hi all! paiseh been silent reader. Abit tired of online activities for awhile so just trying to focus on 1/2 key stuff.

I'm interestedi n the Jack &amp; Beanstalk:

Elves &amp; Shoemaker

1) Eliaw (x2)

Jack &amp; Beanstalk
20% for min 20 Tix

1) Eliaw (x2)
2) Iso (x2)
3) Tubao(x2)
4) Lezy (x2)

Long time no log in. Busy with roadshows for Tampines EC and SK Condo.

Congrats! Eliaw. Now you have a little princess to doll up.
happy.gif

2 Dec is Raelynn's birthday so I think we should be having a party at her school. Will give the Jack &amp; the beanstalk play a miss this time.
happy.gif

I'm interested in the jack n beanstalk play too! I'll copy n paste when I hv some pc time.

Eliaw, congrats. Didnt know u r preggers. Must be exciting to hv a girl.
happy.gif
(I hv 2 boys, I wld be!)

eliaw,

thanks for messaging me re the show, interested on jack and the beanstalk but i think i cannot go during weekdays.. so might choose weekend show instead.

Hi Clover, thanks! At first not so excited becos i wanted 2 boys. haha.. but now, i definitely having 2nd tots.. I'm having lotsa fun now doing shopping!! it's gonna be exciting and challenging!! Do let me know asap.. cos i wanna book tonight already..

Elves &amp; Shoemaker
Date: 2 Nov 2011 (Change to weekday)

1) Eliaw (x2)
2) Garfield (x2)

Jack &amp; Beanstalk
20% for min 20 Tix

1) Eliaw (x2)
2) Iso (x2)
3) Tubao(x2)
4) Lezy (x2)
5) Garfield (x2)
6) Bkkgal (x2)
* Just short of 6 tix to qualify for 20% discount.. anymore??

Pls trsf to POSB Savings 046-24211-4..

eliaw,
congrats!! i'm sure the lil princess is going to be pretty like mummy!

having been posting for awhile as simmply too busy wif work and the 2 kiddos!

Jack &amp; Beanstalk
Tix: $23.80 ($28 15% discount) + $3 booking fee
$26.80 per tix, Total $53.60

1) Eliaw (x2) Paid
2) Iso (x2) Paid
3) Tubao(x2)
4) Lezy (x2)
5) Garfield (x2)
6) Bkkgal (x2)
7) Genice (x2)

Seat Numbers
Q1-6, P2-5, P12-15

We get 3x "Free TLC CD &amp; limited Artbug's voucher redeem at SRT counter"..

Congratulation for the princess you will have, Eliaw.
Prince or princess does not matter. What matter the most is you are going to have a lovely baby.

I am interested in both the show, but attending on weekday. Will go on weekend instead. Thank you for your information.

Anyone interested in art class at Queens Road ( farrer Road). The school is ArtGrainz, they are willing to open up a 930/10 am class on sat morn if we have 3 or more students. I have talked to the person in charge , a very nice lady and their programme seems good. Just thought it may be good for our babes to attend same art class together, playdate every sat.

Each lesson is 1 hr, $25/lesson and one term is 10 lessons. They are quite flexible.. they will let you complete 10 session no matter whether ur kids r sick, on holiday, polling day keke and so on. Anyone keen can post here, i will update them when we have 3 students and maybe we can start next sat (3rd sept). Should be a lot of fun!

Right now only have G so waiting for more students to form the class. Anyone keen?

Genice,
Thank you for your invitation. I will give it a miss. I had already placed C in a Sunday 2hrs class and she is on full-day CC on weekdays so do not intend to let her takeup lessons for the whole week. Besides, I intend to put her in NAFA next time if times premit. As NAFA children has a larger varieties of exposures in different material.

no worries blueginger! Thanks for replying.The location is not the most idea for most pp too but just thot wanna share esp for those mummies staying near this area. I heard abt NAFA too but i just wanna let G play and have fun so probably will not go for that. Art grainz uses other different medium too like marche clay making and stuffs. Anyway g is classless now, only goes kindy 3-4 hrs a day and no classes on weekends so tot just expose her to something.. if.. she is willing to go for independent class.. * scratch head..

Back