(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

yar, realise cannot drink plain water cos make ms worse. So I put a little ribena in it to make it taste better.

as for me hor, i stay at amk mah so after wrk i take train to marina bay fr city hall (in order got seats).. if nt, charmp ar... bt when go wrk, no choice,if hb nt available, take train bt i scared blackout again.. see hw...

apple79,

hmm hw abt some fruit juice? w no ice or abit ice? my fav is coke bt i just try my best to refrain fr it lor... sighz..
hmm plain water ok for me bt must b warm leh, if normal temperature, i feel disgust too...

Cynthia, i also dun know y i so fan... i like Dr loh but i dun like kkh...

i love plain water leh.... cold one... during office hours, i can drink up to 2 litres...

but i got craving for coke.... cos to me, it is the best remedies for my ms... actually, my ms is ok now... me in my week 10 now.... countdown to tri 2....

Inuovi gal, I will try that later during lunch. Thanks.

Dorothy, i dare not drink coke leh when i think of the corrosive ingredients coke has. I hope my MS will only be in the 1st trimester.

cheryl,
what baby got what in tri 2?? i'm confused.

i drink cold milk and iced water too.. should be ok.

btw, if anyone of you get MS, can try drinking gatorade. doc says its fine to drink that, esp for those who vomit and need to replenish the salts.

dorothy,

ooh.. kkh... i oso dont like lor... their service...tsk tsk tsk..
Dr Lim ok ? deliever at Mt A right?

apple79, ya... i know coke not good... but coke is my best remedy... i think my ms better....

Cynthia, Dr lim ok... but my HD claimed that he cant communicate with her... he prefers Dr Loh....ya, she deliver at Mt. A....

u stay in amk? i at sin ming... hahaha

fairfield, can drink gatorade means can drink those isotonic drink?? I love 100plus but din dare to drink it since preg. Have been craving for such drinks for very long.

babyhope,
i'm not sure abt 100 plus, but if gatorade is ok, then i guess shd be fine.. but everything also take in moderation lah.

Hi All,

I am a first timer in this thread, think I am about 7-8weeks preggie. I'll be having my 1st appt with Dr Joceyln Wong next monday.

My hubby couldn't find time to accompany me there so does anyone know what normally will happen for 1st appt?

Is it neccessary to go with hubby for 1st appt? Are there any blood test for both me and hubby?

cheryl,

yalo jus now when i go pantry to take water, wa my colleague dabao dont noe wat to eat, i smell aldy,feel like throwing out bt only that feelg la...nothing come out...

Congrats Yvonne,
Heehee... relax ok, normally 1st appt,they will take your ht,wt n pressure lor. n will ask u some of your medical history.. hmm not necessary hb go with u ar.. dont think there will b any blood test on 1st appt ba.

dorothy,

u decide who u comfy with mah, most impt is u...
happy.gif

yup i stay at amk, my parents' hse at Queensway..
hw abt u?

wa i v slack leh, till now hor, havent 'touch' my wrk lor... no mood...

chris: then who is yr gynae?

Me also lazy... i think my EDD is early march cos gynae predict i am only 4 weeks now...

hee i remember my favourite drink before my 1st pregnancy is COKE. When I'm expecting, I only like Pepsi Twist, then change to Root beer than to Orange...must have after every meal to copy with MS.

Blood test for hubby is optional unless they tested irregularity in yours. My hubby has to be tested as i have slight thalesiam...(can't spell properly)...thank god it turn out well. If both of us are carrier, baby will be born with leukiamia....

Looks like a lot of you are seeing Dr J Wong. She must be good...be tempted to change but don't like TMC. Anybody know if she deliver elsewhere?

Good lar, other than Ribena, I din dare to touch other drinks. Getting a little tired of Ribena liao. Now that 100plus, H20 can drink, at least I got more choices.

my fav drink used to be coke. now its a turn off..sadded. find it too sweet now and the taste of it seems different. sigh. hb and friends says its good...
for me, until now, there's no MS, only occassional bloatedness and needing to burp alot. Sometimes got bearable crampy feeling at the abdomen but the most is last a few seconds.
overall, i feel ok and dun feel pregnant. haha

Babyhope,

I'm a Dec MTB, had v bad morning sickness till two days ago. Drink water also vomit type. And constantly had a very nasty taste in the mouth so whatever I eat also taste very yucky.

I tried ginger beer and it helped, I saw in some postings Gynae also will recommend this sometimes. Helps you to belge and get rid of the air in the stomach to ease off the nausea sensation. Hang in there!

thanks jetblack. Ginger beer? u mean the can ones? Dec MTB same as a good friend of mine. U shd be past 1st trim, still got ms?? Oh no.. i thot ms shd end after 1st trim, I even counting down. Sian liao..

Babyhope,

I tried the Schweppes(can) as well as the Bundaberg(bottles, can find in cold storage and 7-11), I find the Bundaberg quite good, really keep belging and air come out, so helps to ease off a bit. I was also counting down to week 12, but don't work..Now I week 14 only started to ease off 2 days ago...sob sob..When I had my gal one year ago, I remember also almost wekk 15 then ease off.

Cheryl,

Got a very nasty metallic taste in the mouth during first trimester. plain water taste yucky, so I tried honey, vomit. Honey with lemon, vomit. Lemon water, vomit. Ribena, vomit. Glucose, also vomit. Felt so sick, cannot imagine how to count down to end of first Trimester.

But, the GOOD thing is, if you MS is very bad, your baby is growing well...that's what the doctor and nurses told me, cause your body is producing a lot of hormones to keep the baby safe.

So...hang in there gals...it will go away.

Sounds good. Can ask a stupid question, ginger beer not actually beer rite?

Mine MS is not the very bad type that will vomit but just kill all my appetite. Feel like vomit but nothing would come out. Sometime feel like just dig it out.

No la, pregnant must avoid alcohol. Ginger Beer made of ginger roots and carbonated water. Me sipping one now...hiak hiak.

yes.... babyhope

but that already make us really uncomfortable le.. i alway wanna dig, my dh stop me. say no good.
happy.gif

Hi all,

Me too always feel want to vomit & sometimes I will dig it out ler.. oh dear, it's not so good right? But very uncomfortable le.. at least when vomit out feel much better..

Hi ABC, I'm with Dr Lawrence Ang..

Hee.. thanks for the explanation. Now got another option.

Cheryl, yar lor, dh says cannot dig. Somemore still keep asking me to eat. I cannot eat, he will have to end up eating two share. Getting worried that he will put on weight faster than me.

yvonne - mainly due to the location. My sister just gave birth to her second baby there...no problem at all. guess is just personal preference.

I work in Orchard...so is more convinent for me to go Mt E....

i used to love toufu or fried toufu. duno y nw it is so bland that i would just spit out when i eat it.. my taste bud really change... and the only food i eat liao wont get so nauseous is maggie mee

babyhope (babyhope),

Is it safe to drink Ginger Beer ?? Will too much of Ginger causes any problem to the baby ??

Okay.....today's list stands at...

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>ADD</TD><TD>Baby's Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>becky_cat</TD><TD>1-Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr A L Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>dorothy</TD><TD>3-Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>fairfield</TD><TD>4-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>chris27</TD><TD>5-Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Yen</TD><TD>5-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Inuovi gal</TD><TD>6-Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Dolly Wee</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>hweiz</TD><TD>6-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>tongtong</TD><TD>7-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>kellie</TD><TD>8-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>stefni</TD><TD>8-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>calbee</TD><TD>9-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>angelin teo</TD><TD>9-Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>mimi</TD><TD>10-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Starry70</TD><TD>10-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan K H</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>newnewmum</TD><TD>12-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>anne</TD><TD>13-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>apple79</TD><TD>13-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>celynlee</TD><TD>13-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>bx</TD><TD>15-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Kel</TD><TD>16-Feb</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>16-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Winter Sonata</TD><TD>17-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>blurfairy</TD><TD>20-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>babyhope</TD><TD>20-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>RSH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>-tute</TD><TD>21-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Julie Lim</TD><TD>22-Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Julinda Lee</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Beauty Seet</TD><TD>23-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Cheryl</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian B Woodworth</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Yen</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Juddy</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Ling0</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lim Yuin Wen</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>snoopy</TD><TD>26-Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>doink</TD><TD>27-Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Heng T L</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>beautiful</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>jusmom</TD><TD></TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>cuclainne</TD><TD></TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Linda Chan</TD><TD></TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>abcdisney</TD><TD></TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>yvonne tan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Thanks Snoopy. Looks like Dr Joycelyn Wong is the "winner" here with the most no. of supporters.

Yvonne, jetblack says gynae says its ok leh. I also read that ginger is good for preggy so guess shd be ok. In fact, I was reading this book yesterday nite, I recall it says eat ginger will help curb ms.

What's this debate about drinks?? I thought all drinks can be drunk....but in moderation of course (quantify that it is all non-alcoholic drinks hor). In fact, I even had chin chow in my 1st trimester when I was preggy with #1...hehe. My gynae said if I feel heaty, can drink some cooling drinks to cool down.

And for your information, it is a myth that MS isn confined only to the 1st trimester. My SIL spent 3 trimesters hugging the toilet bowl!

Some people say cannot eat mango,pineapples, etc. For me, personally I eat anything, as long as in moderation. I feel already feel so terrible with MS liao, anything I can eat and feel better I will eat. But cannot be too excessive, must exercise moderation.

snoopy, #1 so want to be more cautious ma. My parents say chin chow is no no leh. Guess it depends on indiv body. My body not the super strong one and also no easy for me to conceive so have to be more more careful.
MS for 3 trim, 1 trim I already cannot tahan liao, I cannot imagine.

Cheryl, mango i got eat leh. My in laws say ok. But i dun dare to eat it straight out fr fridge. Usually let it cool down a little first so that its not so cold.

just now i eat mango cake.. so shiok... but only after it feel a bit nauseous... but still better den anything i eat

omg ... all 3 trim may have ms ? me too, cannot tahan though in 1st trim tot i can count down to the end of 1st trim .. sighz ...

fyi, my mother say eat sour plum, baby will have jaudice .. so ermm .. how true is true ? ;)

hello, is kkh service really very bad? i heard scan are not done by gynae at kkh and its done by nurses, is it true? or at most places, scan are done by nurses?

hi celynlee,i dun think kkh service is that bad... afterall, their birth rates are the highest as compare to the rest of the hospital...

the gynae that i saw last week, is Dr. Loh S.F. he is a senior consultant. he is at the normal clinic n also the private suite. he has a scan machine in his room....

u an also check with cuclainne as she just gave birth to her gal 7.5mths ago at kkh

Back