(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

kitsune,
my No.2 is having terrible 2 nw..haha.
thanks for your concern, he doesnt have any allergy nw.

aqua,
I am not young anymore! I am already 32. plus my boy is still waking up for night feed even though he is turning 2 this month.

Chaye,
Really envy..My #1 is 8 years old..Buay pai seh..always tell me scared...Then now #2 also learn from him and say scared..

Shannonbaby, that's good. So food allergies can be outgrown.
happy.gif
Mine also reaching terrible 2, learning to throw tantrum from her cheh cheh. MIL starting to complain that she doesn't want to eat proper dinner, doesn't want to nap too. Agree with blackbatz, 32 still very young. According to MM Lee, you still have 3 good reproductive years, keke. ;)

Blackbatz, I am like you but at least your no. 1 is already 8 yrs old. Mine not even 4 yrs old. :p

chaye,
That's very good!

My 2 kids the same. I put them to bed every night. It's milk, pee, brush teeth, reading book, then light off, and sleep. Good that now I don't have to pat them, just lie down there with them, and they fall asleep pretty fast now. I usually wake up soon after they fall asleep.

I don't mind to sleep with them, but the hub starts to complain leh :) I asked HR and told him we can decorate and make a nice room for him and meimei. He thought and thought, and said don't want, I want to sleep with mama :)

Shannonbaby,
Same here!! We have decided, 100% sure, to close factory liao. 2 is just nice for us to handle them comfortably and be able to enjoy parenthood. Don't want to start the cycle all over again and not sure how we can handle 3. But I am different from you lah, I am definitely OLD. So my age is also telling me to close shop, don't play play to even think of #3, haha. You only 32, okay leh, I have HR when I was 34, that how old I am, ops :p

aqua
moving house can be a good start. Let them choose their own bed. decorate the room to their liking and they will love sleeping in their own room.

Shannonbaby ! 32 is young lor. I'm much older than u

blackbatz
my #1 is afraid too. But I will give her assurance, I will tell her I'm just right outside, anything SHOUT or SCREAM. Plus she's v tired at the end of the day and ko within 5-10mins when hit bed.

kitsune,
my boy is having horrible 2!
So these days i am praying every night that one day he will change..
happy.gif

My gal is very understanding. she has been giving in alot to my boy.

opps..I always thought that at 32, i am very old already. didnt realise there are so many mummies older than me. but then again, I dont think i want to have more kids. As my hb n I love our couple time and we need to spend time together. So 2 kids jus nice, we can ask my MIL and my mum to take care of one each when we go out..
happy.gif

Also, with 2 kids, my expenses also double esp since I will want to enrol them in classes.

Shannonbaby, that's good. At least your no. 1 is understanding. RA hardly ever gives in to RL. :p haha, my MIL complains about RL but still ask me not to send RL to CC next year. Dilemma.

Yes, I agree with you more and more each day that 2 is enough. Everyday, also not enough time with the kids, let alone time with hubby. CC, enrichment, medical and insurance expenses, everything must time 2. Plus I love to travel, family of 4, 2A and 2C is perfect travel size. Of course, the fact that my hubby is not keen on no. 3 is the main swaying factor too. :p

Pauline
ya, agree ! 2A & 2C just nice ! And we dun have car so take cab is just nice ! If one more how to take cab ? :p:p:p

kam,
thanks for your advice!
happy.gif

i've the same thinking too, not to mention to him too early & just simply put it leisurely. A change of enviroment will be good for him i hope. His current CC turn over rate is pretty high. The principal & his chinese language teacher just quited 2mths ago. He is not affected by the change & he's somehow aware his chinese teacher has moved on to undertake a new job elsewhere. Now, i have to decide if i shld withdraw him a month earlier or continue till End Dec before he starts his new CC on 3rd Jan... but my friend advise me not to stop school for him for too long else he might not want to go back to school(CC) again.

Shannonbb,
Imagine in another 10 years' time, you can shake legs liao and everyone will think you are your kids' elder sister..
happy.gif

Kitsune,
Tell me about it..Was telling hubby next time how to buy plane tix.. seating arrangement will be a headache..Most airlines have 2-4-2 combination..

Blackbatz, can can
happy.gif
Now, with baby, just take 2-2 combination and make full use of the bassinet on first aisle row. After baby is 2 yrs old, take 2-3 in a row. The youngest one sit on the window side with one parent. The other parent sits between two older siblings on the aisle side. When the kids are old enough to buckle their own seatbelts, you and your hubby take the window seats, leave the 3 kids on the aisle side to disturb other passengers, kekeke(Evil laughter) ;)

hi mummies,

i also agree 2 is just nice to handle! I always told hubby, in the event of emergency, we can grab one each and run, very fast can escape.

how’s everyone been?

Not convenient to log in at work so I’m rarely here. we booked a 3D 2N at Festive Hotel for this weekend. #1’s CC has Children Day on Friday so although check-in is at 3pm, hubby says to only check-in at 5pm after we pick the kids up from school. I initially thought of going to USS on Saturday but hubby suggested without #2 on another occasion since we wouldn’t be able to enjoy much rides if we take #2 along.

My gal’s school recently engaged external enrichment schools to conduct English S&D and Art Class. We’ve signed up for the S&D but not yet for the Art Class. Not sure if its worth it – it costs $30 per 1.5 hours. We like this arrangement as it means we do not have to spend our weekends ferrying #1 around for various classes. Especially since #2 can only fall asleep at home and nowhere else.

hi prata_queen,

for most rides in USS, there is a height limit & not suitable for your #2. But since you've got hotel stay, u can bring #2 to join you for hotel stay only
happy.gif

oh the external enrichment schools thingy...my boy's CC just introduced 3 external enrichment schools to conduct KinderPhonics, Music Appreciation & Art Class. I have not sign up any as my boy only attend half day CC although i've enrol him for full day. Is your #1 CC under pcf or private cc?

Hi steph,

Yes, we’ll fetch #1 at 4.30pm after the special activities end, and then fetch #2 from infantcare, go home to drop off their bedsheets and bolsters as these items are returned on Friday for washing, then head to the hotel for check-in. We’ll go for more sight-seeing activities rather than action-based ones (USS) because with #2, it just wouldn’t be efficient and possible to stand in long queues in the hot sun or even worse, heavy rain.

Because we’re bringing #2, I’ll be lugging the pigeon sterilizer, 8 milk bottles for both kids, either rice cooker or slow cooker, rice, some carrots, potatos, onions, vege (decided no meat cos no refrigeration during journey time & hotel has no freezer), 2 tins of milk powder, diapers etc etc. So hubby and I are on leave starting tomorrow to pack and plan our places to visit.

Regarding enrichment classes, my #1 is at Kinderland.

Prata_queen and steph,

That is very good of your kids' CC. Is it PCF??
Save time and money.
I do hope my kids' future CC has such arrangements.
I want to enrol my girl for Art class next year.

I asked her yesterday if she wants to learn piano or drawing. She replied drawing.
happy.gif

prata_queen,

Wow...you've got a family staycation plan well worked out! kudos! looking at your list of barang barang u gonna bring for 3D2N stay, i wanna faint...i think my hubby will cry!haha But is good to go well-prepared & have a great wkend ahead! Cheerios
happy.gif

prata_queen,
Are you a perfectionist? Just for 1 week only, tell the school you won't bring back their bedsheets and bolsters this week, so you can heaad straight to the hotel lah. Save you time.

Krystle, you think I should sign up for the art & craft class? Maybe I’m more traditional in thinking but I am more willing to spend on speech & drama or berries for example (directly academic related) but I’m reluctant to spend on art & craft.

I also placed her name on waitlist for Yamaha Junior Music Course starting Jan 2012 when she turns 4yo. Hoping to get a weekend morning slot cos both kids sleep from 2-5pm.

Steph, I have a Rubbermaid cooler box that I initially wanted to bring along to put meat and ice packs but I doubt the car boot can fit in the stroller (we may have to bring the twin stroller which is very bulky), rice cooker, sterilizer etc etc. But I’m still worried the porridge will taste bland without any fish or meat & #2 rejects the vegetarian porridge…

Hi kam,

Haha, actually I am. I cannot bear not washing their bedding weekly.

also the infant care now has 5 cases of HFMD so I think they will insist parents bring home weekly to wash…….

Krystle,
Z's CC under PCF Little Wings. The external enrichment classes are conducted at additional cost at 3pm, not inclusive in childcare fees! Is not v cheap though n I forgotten the price stated. But certainly save time!

prata_queen,
Hehe, reading your post hor, I feel stress leh :p Hope you enjoyed your holiday!

I was reading a mum's blog a couple of days ago (who is a Jan08 mum, but she didn't post here for a long long time already). She is also a perfectionist. But recently her maid had gone, she fell down and cannot do anything. Then she finally realised, it's actually okay not to wash her son bedsheet every 7 days, it's actually okay not to mop the floor every day :))) Just to share with you, no offence taken ya. Sometimes, it's okay to relax a little to enjoy our life more :)

krsytle,
Drawing is a way for the young kids to express themselves, not supposed to be something they can learn. True they can learn the drawing skill, but that will kill her creativity as she may be more aware of using the correct skill then to use drawing to express herself. Read that drawing classes is good to start after 7yo. Arts and crafts is okay lah, it's more for playing and fun.

Prata queen,
No right or wrong lah, it may be more money worth to spend on speech & drama or berries. Also I cannot deny it is a heads start for them.

But for me, I am not that concerned about academic until my girl reaches K1. So next year, I am planning to let her explore her own interests and see if she really has a potential in that. If not, later switch to academic I think still ok lah...

Our kids will be spending bulk of time from 5 to 18 or even 21 on academic so for now until 5, I think I want to give lesser stress to her.

YOu are really bringing alot for a 3D2N stay!
Sorry, I forgotten how old is your #2... 6 mths??
For me, I will try to survive on milk feed + some bottled baby food or snacks. :p

Kam,
Hahaha, I have a different viewpoint about learning arts lah. Maybe I am not a arts person and I got to admit I got limited creativity. So I prefer someone more pro to guide my girl. Yes, she will be exposed to skills etc which I actually hope it will bring out her creativity. Maybe it will boils down to the teacher. Good teacher will encourage her to think out of box while some maybe focus on skills. So need to see if can lucky meet good teachers.

I think the same applies for piano or any other enrichment. Just a small cents of thought.
happy.gif

But anyway, given up piano for her lah since she does not demand for it (unlike HR). So why not let her try something she likes now?

Another possible area is Jap lang but this lazy mummy too busy to really sit down and teach her. :p

Chaye, oic. ;)

Blackbatz, nah, I can't bake unless it is those idiot proof ready cake mix. But RL likes Elmo so I am thinking of getting an Elmo cake topper for her birthday cake. Polar has Elmo cake but they only open at 10am n RL's class starts at 9am. A bit too rushed to pick up from tampines interchange. So thinking of buying from prima deli near my house, cheat a bit by adding Elmo cake topper. Hee.

Prataqueen, hello! I am going to festive hotel too but only on 17 nov. I will bring the rice cooker too if my no. 2 is only eating porridge. But i will skip sterilizer cos find it really ok to use bottle detergent then scald with hot water at hotel cos kk LC told me to do that when I was expressing bm at work then. As for no meat for porridge, maybe can bring fresh ground silverfish or ikan bills or dried scallops to make it sweet? As for cc, I would sign up for all 3 first for exposure, then ask her or the teacher n see which one she likes best. Cos conducted at cc is most convenient for parents, but provided course fees not very exp lar.

Hi mummies,

I got the following to let go.

1. Similar step 2
exp may 2012

2.Gain iq step
Exp mar 2012

All foc but pls do self collect. I have no time to do postage as well.
Contact me via 97433618.

hi all,

am online to finish up some work since i'm on leave until next Monday. Short post then going to start work.

my #2 is 1yo. he's on milk / porridge 2x a day diet. Can he skip porridge for 3days? i dun tink he can survive solely on milk for 3 days. it'll be digested quickly & i'll have to keep feeding him. hmmm, i already did away with the cooler box & fresh meat, left with vegetarian porridge, so in a sense, i've 'scaled-down' already mah.

kam, i read her blog too
happy.gif

krystle, eventually i might just sign her up for it cos dun wan her to feel left out if her classmates are all going. as long as she doesnt dislike it, i am ok to let her go. just find that all these enrichment adds up to quite a bit so am trying to sieve out the must-haves from the optionals.

*waves* kitsune! let me come back to update you. are you gg to USS with your 2 gals? i think you should cos its free entry for RA (below 4) and RL is old enough to enjoy some of the shows and simple rides. My #2 is 13 months nia.

Prata_queen
The principal of ur gal's cc called me to inform tat registration is now ope. But I told her I can't sign E up cos no sch bus to sch. Otherwise wld have been an option.

U can fry ikan bilis or silver fish, grind it. Bring or ur staycation. Ur bb can have "fish" n calcium in porridge

Pixie
Wanted to tell u, ur sore thumb analogy v funny. And I gana last night. Fed until I slept. Mine became like dried dates, cos aircon so cold.

How ah, this darius doesn't sleep well. Always wan to be carried. Put down cry. Sigh. His first n fav "word" is Ng... Want also NG Ng Ng.... Dun want oso Ng Ng Ng....

Krystle
I tot most cc has enrichments in the afternoons? The pcf opposite my place has Julia Gabriel for their speech N drama lesson leh! I always see the kids carrying the files.

hi mom2nat,

ya, that's y its so difficult to get the ideal CC. ideal not just for the kid but also us. u stay at tampines or PR ah, sorry i forgot.

At PR, there's star learners, Jeet which i heard is not bad. you can check them out.

prataqueen, yes, I booked USS tickets on 18 Nov. keke, I know still free admission for RA, that's why decided to go end of the year before she turns 4 yrs old. ;) I hope she will enjoy the rides at USS cos actually she has been asking us to bring her to HK disneyland again but we just went in June and I am not keen to go there again so soon. 13 months now? I think my no. 2 was eating soupy rice at that age. But she was a foodie, always wanted to 'mum mum'. Btw, were you the one who asked me for CL recommendation some time back? My memory not so good, hee. :p

Mom2nat, wa, Julia gabriel speech and drama? So good, branded enrichment for PCF? But probably exp like prata queen said. :p

Have you tried everything for Darius? Is he hungry? colicky? swaddled? Or slept too much in the day?

Logging in late here coz now on my 2nd shift work! This is crazy...

Mom2Nat,
PCF provides JG for enrichment. Wow... I don't mind that as long as it is reasonable.

Prata queen,
Yes money is definitely a huge concern!!
Also can't get them in each and every enrichment right? Just have to choose the most affordable option for them.

You are very determined. 1yr indeed still needs his porridge. That is good.
happy.gif

Just that for me, I will use the lazy, short cut option lah. That is why I avoided travelling when my #2 was younger. :p Lesser chore.

Prata queen,
Since yr #2 already 1 yo, think u can skip the sterilizer?
For food u can order plain porridge, vege u can 'wash' in hot water first before giving n fish can give steam fish from the inside part with no sauce. Or order simple fish slice soup, just 'wash' off the soup with hot water. Only 3 days n on holiday mah, can relax a bit
happy.gif

I brought my #1 to HK when she was 13nths. I fed her fresh bread from bakery, plain noodles, plain rice etc....

Mom2nat,
Darius having separation anxiety is it? My gal now gotta sleep 'glue' to me then can sleep.

Wow so many mummies still online? I think 1 yr old noneed sterilize right? Tis bb I jus wash milk bottles w bb detergent b rinse hot water! More n more Bo chip ehh

Aqua, yup, I think I also stopped sterilising after RL passed 1 yr. When I travlled with her when she was younger, will bring a big locknlock box, then pour freshly boiled water to scald breast pump parts and bottles. Now only wash with bb detergent, want to use then rinse with hot water. :p

Hello....

Long long time didn't post here. Been reading silently.

Just wanna ask how is ur kids doing? Javin doesn't seem how to recognise alphebets and simple chinese words till now! Was wondering is he super lacking far far behind? Any kids here already can read and write simple words?

I sent him to zoophonic enrichment weekly came back asked wad he learnt always claimed "i dun know!". Am starting to feel worried, is it his CC not good enuff or i didn't give him practice at home.....

We are going for Lion King. Any mummies going too?? Tickets booked.

Am so happy...Successfully toilet trained Jayden for the night. No more diapers. So year end holidays got more space for my loot :p Hee Hee

thanks for suggestions. yes, i've decided to do away with the steriliser and bring my old Lock & Lock box to scald bottles with hot water.

hi Jacelyn, every child reaches their milestones at different timings but may i suggest that if you think something isnt right, its best to seek advice asap. if all's right, your mind is at ease. else, its best to intervene early so he can catch up. just my humble opinion.

Twinkstar,
Aiyo, I am still considering abt Lion King leh...
Frankly speaking, not ready to spend more than $100 per pax and yet Reserve D seatings are really far behind... I am worried if I can really see the show clearly... Haiz... Then hubby so busy with work and I think he needs his rest at weekends...

Jacelyn,
I believe Javin did learn something at school.
Our kids still can't really share with us very well what they have done in school. So most of the time, they will reply dun know.
I always ask my girl and she said dun know too.
But based on teachers' review, she is doing well in school and in fact can catch up well.
happy.gif

But talking abt boys' development, I just brought my 2 yr old boy to Polyclinic for speech review. As the doc is a GP, she can only did the basic observations and... my boy failed all the necessary things that a 2 yr old kid should do. Haiz...
sad.gif
I think he is a spirited child but I am worried if he could be autistic as well... Got referred to KK for a PD in the next review. But hubby kept saying I worried too early... Am I?

Prataqueen, good for you!
happy.gif
second time mummies usually more bo chap but your standards above average liao. ;)

Jacelyn, RA can only recognize some alphabets, Chinese characters none. But her cc progress report said she is doing ok so I take it that every thing is ok. Denial? :p

Krystle, RL almost 2 yes old too but no review since her last 6-in-1 jab. What is the speech test about? I dun know if RL can pass too. :p

Kitsune,
I never send my kids for any development review.
For my girl, I have no worries coz I can tell she is developing well.
But for my boy, he is totally in his own world and ignore you when you calls him. He cannot speak much words, called mama and papa but sometimes we are not sure if he is really calling us or just babbling.
The doc just observed how we communicate to him and ask him to do simple tasks like passing objects to us etc... all he cannot do or he just ignore us.
sad.gif

I remembered your RL can call you right? I think she is fine.

Back