(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Hi mummies,

Wonder is it true that children can't be praised esp when they are around? Dunno is it superstitious or coincidental?

What happen was today few mummies one after another commented that J is very well behaved in class. Even teacher also join in & praised him for being so obedient. Inside my heart was thinking, oh no...dun praised him in front of him..he will give me "problem" later...

True enuff. J started to fuss in the bus during our journey home. Refuse to take my porridge & bathe juz now. Cry for nothing & "act like those missy crying" on the bed. Really make me very pissed. He has disrupted my whole schedule & i calm myself down & let him sleep as he wish, thot he may be tired. Who knows...he still didn't take his nap until 1.30pm. Faint!!

jess
nvm, wait for aqua's co...and see what her boss say...then decide which one to take??

angelsky
i oso failed 1 semester coz i took many supp papers and finally passed everything but comp maths.
then retake comp maths hor, oso failed, need to take supp. if fail supp = kick out from NYP liao lor. i really very bad at maths. if you ask me now some calculation stuff i will be stumped. im THAT bad. my mind cannot twist one :p

back from colour/cut...total damage: $56

jess, wher is the new co? are u doing admin or purchasing? dun stress, today u meet for interview, then u know if u wan to wrk for my boss

if need to work ot, meaning u cant bring J back from childcare liao lor? nobody likes to do OT lar, esp when we have kids. :p

pixie,
u did all dat during lunch hour? dats fast.

luca
ya lor.. OT and pay is 2 little concerns i have. heehee..

so later see if aqua's boss will talk to me about pay anot lor.
happy.gif

aqua
is 1 interview settle or got 2nd interview de?

since we are toking about hair...

1. do you have any particular hair salon/sytlist?
location/charges/services/reasons?

SuperCuts SengKang/Olivia/charges not sure/good service/been to her for as long as I can remember, she knows what you want after a while, easy to maintain.

icy, just stopped BF, started her on semisolids, 1x cereal, 1xfruits. I agree le, both my girls character is so different. #1 super active and ultra attention seeking, #2 quiet and easy to pacify, but can tell her temper is coming out. #2, pat her she goes to sleep very easy, eat and sleep and then wake up play and the eat and then sleep, very predictable. But then, #1 also became quite active when she hits 10 months, so who knows. On the other hand, I also not sure if its #2 character is more quiet or because my CL for #2 better, coz she train my girl very well, so now my girl every thing also easy. Thats why you see her FB picture, so CHUBBY!

pixiepixel, no one can match me la, I have not met anyone out of 30 papers, 10 sup papers. Thank god I passed :p Actually the 10 sub papers mainly accountancy papers as well.

luca
yep it was finished in 1.5hrs, considered long for me coz im an impatient person haha

angelsky
i must check my transcript - i think i have at least 5 supps, but should be less than 10 bah. not as many as yours. then why you chose accountancy in the 1st place? super DRYYYYY~~

where is supercuts at sengkang? you mean compasspoint? goody; another choice for me if i cant cut hair at workplace

tongtong,
No leh, he is ok with the timing and was also ok for the last few lessons.. wonder why become so notti today.

Btw, can u all share your porridge recipe?
My MIL helped me to cut the fish in slices & packed into 5 servings for me every week. What i did is to add some wolfberries, scallop & fish into the porridge. But i find it very bland.

What else can i add to make it nice? Paiseh, i juz started to cook porridge for my boy this year. Muz confess that i'm a lousy cook.

pixie,
show us ur latest hairstyle
happy.gif

angelsky,
so did u manage to graduate within 3yrs?

did all of u work in d line which u've studied? many of my friends did not use their diploma, they did further studies in other field, which in turn became their career.

pixiepixel, yup yup compass point, I know it as sengkang. hehehe. aiya, my dad ask me to take so I take lo, then after that regret.

angelsky,

I used to go to jean yip. Will do rebonding, coloring & cut all at 1 time. Rem i paid $450 for all these treatment. Their price keep increasing..rem i started to pay something like $280 then $350 then $450!!! Hubby asked me to boycott this salon. They machiam chop me like carrot... The last recent rebond was done in Tanjong Pagar salon..rebond + color + haircut = abt $200 only.

Pixie, why didn't u consider coloring in BKK since going there in Jan? Me going to color there.. Think will be risky for cut but color is cheap there i heard..and is using loreal product.

Jannbb,
now they are 2YO, u can add a little bit soya sauce for taste. You can add some potato & carrot or pumpkin or sweet pea as it will give a sweet taste too! trial & error, have fun cooking & jia you!

luca
lazy to take pic and still must black out my face wahhhaha dun want.
its just a trim to have more shape, cut shorter fringe, layered the hair. i stood up and saw the hair all over the floor...fwah...i really have LOTS of hair.

janbb
3d2n no time to sit down n colour hair. furthermore, $56 for cut/dye is considered cheap to me liao lor. so nevermind. and i like my stylist anyway

luca, I did
happy.gif
, always managed to clear the sup papers. And LOL I did do auditing for a while before switching line. Work was way much better than studying.

JanBB, my hair stylist never chop me le. Go to her for so many years already, brought 4 friends who in the end also stayed on to let her cut. Only not successful in getting hubbie to go, he feels it a waste of time and money to sit there, drink tea and wash hair and then wait for her to cut. He goes to the 10 bucks kind, chop chop cut.

janbb
abt the porridge rite. my boy boycott my porridge liao coz its too bland for his liking.
but usually i use scallop to boil with the rice, then add either fish or minced pork, and perhaps french beans (cut into small bits), and mushroom (dong gu). add some soy sauce if he dont want the plain porridge.
dunno if its helpful but kikkoman got the soy sauce is something like 43% or what less salt. i tried their soy sauce, really not salty kind.
anyway salty or not, still is soy sauce which is actually NG.

sometimes, i sprinkle fish floss on top. or i sprinkle fried onions. or i sprinkle those seaweed+sesame seed+black sesame seasoning (you can buy from daiso or any supermarkets).

add a bit to bluff my boy

bovril oso add before haha

luca
end of this mth. very de happy.
fri 29th is my boy's bday, i take leave, sat 30th spend 1 more day with him, then early morning sunday 31st fly off. my flight is 7am...means check in 5am...which means 4 plus must wakie
*faintz*

steph, pixie,
Thanks. Think i muz add some more ingredient to sell my porridge to my boy. I also tried to add pork or chicken floss. This is his fav but i find it very heaty.

I always follow my stylist ard, think ard 8 yrs already.

Now she is at supercut Tampines, Cary. She just switch company, so I dunno what the charges. Reasons mainly because I had another friend who is also with her then we can go cut together, now friend friend with the stylist already.

Janbb,
try to change around the porridge ingredients lor, otherwise kiddos get bored won't eat also.
can try carrot, pumpkin, potato, spinach, sweet potato, leeks etc etc, instead of fish can try chicken or pork or other fish like cod, salmon, silver fish or ikan bilis. or can add egg also.

for my girl she's already eating the same food as us, meaning with all the seasoning already.
so up to u whether u want to add a little soya sauce or not.

janbb
I add those fresh fishballs to porridge that I buy from wet market. Super sweet, maybe the fishballs got MSG.

jess, i duno. most probably 1 interview, recruiting v time consuming n tiring.
nt many CVs came in too, mostly those foreigners. we onli want sporeans or PRs.

icy,
my girl lurvvves fishballs. but hor, fishball lots of msg and not much fish so i try not to give her too often

janbb
if you want sweetness, you can just boil some carrots or leek with the rice and discard.
pumpkin oso sweet but if you want to mash together, like a bit too soft for our kiddo liao.
and too much pumpkin makes their skin have a yellow tinge
if you want flavour, best you do what tongtong & i and some other mummies do: boil soup stock and use stock to boil rice till porridge. i assure you that the porridge is delicious LOL

you can boil 1 weekend for the next whole 5 days worth. chop chop cully pok one

pixie,
nicely planned.
never mind lar, u only be deprived of sleep that few days nia, but results will be that u have a wardrobe of new clothes, well worth lar. :p

grumpus
my boy luuurrrrvvvveeee fishballs too. i wonder whats so nice about fishballs? u remembered i posted saying he is picky during christmas and new yr? he just can take fishball soup nia?? wad de.....

Janbb, to make your porridge nice without seasoning, u can add soup stock. Yea agree with pixie!! Hehe But of course it’s tough work making soup stock la cuz I make one big pot for 2 weeks supply. And I put lots of ingredients so the soup is very tasty one lor. Anyway are you using dry scallop? It should have taste liao cuz dry scallop will make the porridge bit saltish right?

Icy, yea the fishball from wetmarket contains MSG and lots of seasoning. Even if we make the fishpaste ourself we also need to add lots of seasoning in order to make it tasty.

steph
suan tou...the long ones my mother fry during reunion dinners
yuckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
literal translation "count" "head"

luca
yah yah i look forward to there. but BKK always 1 size clothes and im so big sized, sometimes no good buys one wor

pixie,
aiyah my girl the same. if she being picky abt food just give her fishball confirm eat one. dun even need to cook in soup just fishball boiled in plain water also she will eat....faintz...

Re:fishball . do you think the fishball is so chewy and you cant actually taste the fish texture? Best is still make your own fishball.

har
^5
why like that ah? whats the fascination with fishball i oso dunno?
i scared they dunno put what inside the fishball, coz most is the flour-y thingy and little fish. so i buy the "sakura fishballs".....errr dunno got difference or not? haha

tongtong
how you make fish ball? boil fish, mash into paste, add what to clump it together?

type a simple recipe here? thanks ah

actually tongtong
the soup stock can put in fridge and use for how long ah? coz i put everything into a container (to pour drinks kind of container) :p :p :p
still got half left, felt so wasted to throw away ley...
i like jap technology - they have containers for you to store soup and pour out like how you pour a drink

pixie, they put "peng sha" or dunno what alkaline based stuff to make the texture become like that. u can never make ur own fishball to be similar to the one u get from market wor.

anyway i think kids are fascinated with the taste la.

i know my boy eats so much rice with brinjal/chigua/mushroom whcih i stir fry with soup stock and black bean sauce. It's tasty so he eats so much rice ( more than what i eat wor). but if it's without seasoning he wont eat that much lor.

Yes, the fishballs. Once they see it, they keep repeating "fishball fishball". My boy loves soup too. We let him have home-cook one, no msg and not so much salt. He would rather drink soup then have his dinner.

Fishball: pixie, my mum used to make fishball at home, but got to keep throwing or patting or beating the paste, to make it bouncy. It really worked! And got to use certain kind of fish only. The long long type. Dunno what it’s called in English though. See here for recipe! http://www.malaysiabest.net/2006/10/23/how-to-make-your-own-fishballs/

Soup stock: I put in freezer and consumed within 2 weeks. Taste still ok wor. as for putting at the lower compartment, I think at most 2 days? Think the taste will change a bit too if put too long. Best is still to freeze. Like our BM can also keep in freezer up to 6 mths, why not stock leh? That’s what I think.

Jess,
yes yes same for Xavier. He grab the whole bowl, out in to the mouth and wont let go until he finish.

Back