(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

pixie/grumpus, same. my girl dislike porridge, ever since i add in fishballs, she started taking more solids...

jess
same
my boy drinks 2 big bowls of soup if soup is available. its not the normal rice bowl kind its the bigger bowl kind

tongtong
then do you make ur own fishballs/paste?
its like beancurd, they put "shi gao" inside to make it smooth. same analogy isnt it?

pixie, i'm vegetarian wor, you forget liao! you ar right, it's like putting the shi gao inside the tou hua. too much is not good!

wow.. so seems like alot of them love soup. haha. i let J use the children bowl. so not too big bowl...
happy.gif

pixie, 2 bowls is alot hor.. hee..

tongtong
thanks for the link. i imagined almost the same steps as what was described in the blog. so im more or less correct *happy*

tongtong
ohhh yah i forgot for a moment sorry :p

steph
i dont cook much and i know NUTS about baking. i only explore lots coz of x. else, i just cook normal dishes lar

actually i wanted to ask: whats mirin? i see this word in lots of cookbooks but dunno what that? a jap kind of soy sauce?!

edit: orh, i googled liao. its jap cooking wine

janbb
i dunno if you accept this, but sometimes i put bonito on top of porridge.
u know the tako pachi we take? the balls of octupus or ham/cheese with fish flakes, mayo?
the fish flakes is the bonito

tongtong, pixie,
you really did alot for yr kids...i must learn ah. me used to cook dishes last time for hb, but since the kids arrive, no more now...everyday tired, dunno why...maybe old liow or plain lazy
sad.gif

pixie,
if i'm cooking only for lexie then i don't use wine. but if i cook for everybody then lexie eats the same too. so if there's wine then she eats that too...

Yvonne,
So qiao? Then I believe I would have met you before leh. Are you in my FB huh?

Joyce ah, she is one brave mum loh. Mother of 4!!!! We thought she was stopping at 3, who knows suddenly announced 4th one. Her #4 was born last May, 4 mths earlier than my #2. All princess.

Jess,
If OT got pay then why not? But hoh in my previous co, I OT until I wanted to puke. Rather dun take the money and go home earlier. If everyday needs OT, then you need to consider coz that will shorten the time you spend with your son.

Pixie,
Mirin is a Jap seasoning sauce.

steph
coz we got 1 kid so still got spare time
when we are like u got 2 kids liao sure give up a lot of stuff like these lar

Steph, I only cook for my son during weekends la. But indeed having a kid made me learn lots of things. I also feel tired everyday leh.

pixie,
Z tasted rice wine before! cos my MIL used it to steam chicken wings, she used the sauce for his rice. Z also tried hua tiao jui & ma you (sesame oil).

Jess,
Really huh? Then you must think properly. For me, leaving on the dot is impt lah. I dun want the OT claim or transport allowance.

Me still got another 30 mins.

sibeh jialatz
eat bak kwa, drink teh tarik ice

sure get fat. all rich, sugar-y food
still say wanna diet for my fren's wedding dinner. i cant squeeze into my dress liao

heres the dress im gonna wear, cept:
the lady in the pic is not me (im not so slim!!!); and i got the dress in purple

cham liao sure like bao bah zhang
3500767.jpg

pixie
wah.. sexy sexy. after give birth, i never wear tube dress liao lei.. haha...
happy.gif

krystle
i wonder the frequency of their OT. haha... but the director say he dun encourage OT la. just at at times need to attend conference call...

Pixie,
Nice dress. I am looking for a tube dress for BIL's wedding in Oct. But still early and hopefully by then, I slim down liao.

Jess,
If occassional OT then fine lah. If can take call from home also good. Here my co does that. But I don't want to take from home coz very distracted. My colls, they can take calls and then put on mute and go makan. Hahahah.

krystle
i did ask them and they say they are working out their system so tat ppl need nt stay in office until so late. initial calls have to stay in office cos want everyone to be together. subsequently shld be fine.

he even asked me if i am trying for #2. wahahaa...

muahahahaahhahahaha

yes yes
how would the rest of the mummies reply?

i would say "yes" if im really TTC. but i'll tell him i hold off plans since im changing job.
can bear to lie

hey,

need some help here.. this week my boy elias has been letting out loads of gas every now and then. And he isnt eating well lately. COuld it be some wind in tummy? What can i do to relieve it for him? WOuld pedertic help? Or should I get some chinese medidine from eu yan sang or something?

thanks!
Fern

Icy, jess, Steph, raeanne loves fishballs n soup too. But dun know why her appetite has been very bad recently. She hardly touches her rice, plays with it or spits it out. she can choose to only eat vegetable or drink soup. But Yet she poos very often, watery poo. wanted to bring her to usual pd today but it's closed. :p

She already has 16 teeth, should not be teething anymore right?

Thanks mummies for your recipe. Your porridge sound so yummy ;) I muz work harder to improve my porridge.

tongtong, pixie,
May i know how to make soup stock? I need to cook porridge every morning before bringing J to class. Very rush morning for me so can only afford to throw in ready-to-cook ingredient, no time to do chopping or peeling..etc..

pixie, i myself love fish flakes!! good idea, maybe can let J try ;)

grumpus, ya men, i muz change menu everyday. Think he got bored with my porridge. Saw your wide range of ingredient, i find him so kelian cos he eat the same lunch 5days in a row. Luckily, dinner is at my mum hse & weekend is cooked by MIL. Feel like puking if all meals are cooked by me, really a terrible cook here & not creative, wahaha ;p

We are going to bring J for an allergy test tmr. Cos he got rashes few mths ago & suspect he is allergy to mushroom. When he was 6mths old, he was allergy to fish but was ok after 1yo. To be safe, decided to let him take the test so that this clumsy mummy here will not "poison" him with my cooking, haha. Will share the procedure of the test again if any mummy interested to know more abt it.

luca,
same here J started to drool since last mth. He has stopped drooling for a long time & now is back drooling again. Also think is due to teething of the last 4 molar.

pixie,
Re: Sexy tube dress (as above)
BKK got many of these tube dress. I bot 3 pcs last trip ;) But very risky to buy. No trying there in the first place & some only come in 1 size & is very de small men... Out of the 3 tube dresses i bot, i can only wear 2. The other one totally can't wear, wonder why thai gal are so slim!! This time round, i gonna go to the toilet & try. If cannot, confirm change another design ;)

Back