(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

for my 2nd baby, i saw doc abt 8wk so that can straightaway see heartbeat & ascertain viability of pregnancy. O'wise wk 5 only see sac, hv to go back again wk 8 to see heartbeat etc.

i think if u tell GP that u tested +ve, they can still give u medicine for gastric.. no need see gynae so early, if u don't wish to. Save some $$..

Jess
considered nanny instd of childcare?

nanny ah....
i think childcare better lei. can let Javier learn more things....
but all nw is just say say. cos duno if can send maid back anot lei....

Wendy,

I went to see GP yest for the gastric. But wanna go see gynea for double comfirm ma. Scare got anything can detect early. *Touchwood*
Cos i have adominal and gastric pain.

Jacelyn,

I am at 11 weeks now. I had sore breast for my 1st pregnancy, not this one. I don't feel anything different from my usual self for this #2. Home pregnancy test kit if tested positive is usually positive, chances of false positive is very very low. You take good care of yourself!!!

Jacelyn
Me too, as excited as you, went to see gynae the next few days after tested +ve. Though it could be too early to detect sac even gulp cups & cups of water but still the gynae can do blood test for u to confirm this pregnancy.

Jacelyn,

I only saw my gynae for the 1st time when I was close to 10 weeks. Can see the feotus quite clearly already, measuring 29.3mm, using V-scan (posted in my blog http://babyhaore.blogspot.com/2009/02/introducing-our-baby-2.html). Baby heartbeat also going strong :)

If you don't mind spending the $, of course you can see gynae now. But I suppose if you ask GP to do a blood test for you, they most likely can provide the service. My gynae refused to see patients <8 weeks pregnant, cos she is too busy.

jacelyn
u scared of ectopic pregnancy or abnormal foetus? i think abnormalities can't be traced so early in the pregnancy. Baby's organs still developing.

janbb,

Now ur mom taking care of Jayden in the day??? Do u bring him back home at night??? When No. 2 comes along??? Ur mom also taking care??

kitsune,

Just read your blog. Only realised now that RaeAnne was also featured at the Motherhood Monthly online magazine. Hao Re too :)

Mandy,
Ya, my mum is taking care of Jayden. I left him overnite when my MS was very bad in 1st tri. Now we will try &amp; bring him back almost everyday unless my hubby works too late.
My mum has already plan for me liao. She said #2 will stay overnite there &amp; #1 bring home every nite until #2 is older then we will bring both back at nite. Except for weekend, think my hubby &amp; i will need to handle one baby each at nite. . But my hubby keep asking me to be SAHM after my 4 mths ML. He said can get a maid to help me out. But I still can't decide. Think my mum will be sad too. They are so used to take care of my boy, dunno how to tell them if i stop letting her to babysit.

U planning #2 ah??

Janbb
SAHM u still can let your mom look after 1 child.. but will u miss your job?

i hv a colleague, her MIL insist that she quit her job to look after her kids (now expecting #2). She said "NO WAY". She's doing very well in her job, getting promoted &amp; stuff. I also think it's unreasonable to ask her to quit her job. only 30yo.

guess it all depends on individual. some just cannot stay at home to look after kids... some ppl can
happy.gif

Wendyg
i am 24.... but i wish my hubby will tell me to quit my job and stay at home!!... hahahaa.... i am starting to dream so early in the morning....

janBB,
Quitting job to become SAHM must be a personal decision...hubby, MIL, Mum or whoever cannot make that decision for you. You'll enjoy your time at home if it's your personal choice. Otherwise, most likely will feel resentful towards that person who made you quit. SAHM is not a job for everyone...like what wendyg said, some people enjoy their kids but at the same time, also enjoy some personal time. So working gives them some breathing space.

Jess,
Same same...dreaming and waiting for my hubby to tell me to become SAHM...plus give me allowance to go shopping...kekeke.

i enjoy my job (for the most part) &amp; current childcare arrangements still ok, so no need to consider quitting my job. and i need the $$$$ to maintain lifestyle.

when my elder boy had prolonged cough (abt 1+yr ago) &amp; my parents were doing everything wrong, i dearly wished i needn't hv to work so that i could take care of him. And maybe during that time i wasn't too keen on stuff going on in the offc?? escape only la. haha

wendy
I used to tell my hubby that i want to be SAHM before i got #1. But after that 3 mths of ML, i juz feel like flying back to office cos' find it tougher being SAHM.
But as i see #1 growing up now, i feel like staying by his side, teaching him the "rights" &amp; "wrong", bring him to weekdays class &amp; play with him.
My hubby even told me that i can return to workforce when they are in sec which they won't need me anymore. But by then, me already 40+, dun think i have any more mkt value. My degree cert &amp; my brain will turn yellow/rusty in 12yrs time. How to keep in pace with the society? Me very "ma fan", think too much...

janbb
ei, when they're in sec sch, we return to workforce to be NTUC cashier. can? muahahahaha.

luca
my husband is actor. Tony Leung.. seen before? hahahah *faintz"

luca,
Not true...just spend within your means. If from dual income to single income, of course must change lifestyle...can't eat in restauranst so often and can't shop so often. For me, the biggest sacrifice would be...CAN'T GO HOLIDAY SO OFTEN *sob sob*. We used to take one long holiday and one short holiday every year but anyway with a kid also diffcult to travel so save money lor...haha.

i think everyone of us has different type of income level and lifestyle. so i guess if we are willing to compromise with the current lifestyle... there is a chance to be a SAHM.

the question is whether we can let go of all these and be a SAHM.....

and of cos, if hubby really got high income, no need to compromise.. that will be best... hahaaa

wendy,
hahaha..NTUC cashier also very stress leh...count wrong $$$ how??
How abt being confinement lady, hee ;) Work 1 mth, rest many mths ;p so much $$$ somemore ;)

Same here... HB always ask me to be SAHM. But i just refuse. Cos the 3 month ML give me the experience of being SAHM, i dun like lei. Face the baby 24/7 i will go insane!!!! Go wk still can go shopping during lunch time and more freedom.

wendyg,
I don't mind becoming NTUC cashier leh...used to work as Isetan cashier during school holidays...kinda like it. I enjoy packing the groceries into the plastic bags...I siao one!

JanBB,
I also dream of bringing my boy to classes and kindergarten and bringing him up on my own. Don't want to regret later. One of my ex-colleagues kinda regreted when her daughter got into bad company while in secondary school. Both of them were working and left their daughters to the maid. So when her elder daughter got into trouble, she blamed herself for not spending enough time with her kids. She tendered immediately but her boss persuaded her to take unpaid leave and work part-time instead...luckily she managed to "save" her daughter after spending more time at home.

Career/Money vs Kids...very tough decision.

Jess,
You can return her to agency so she gets a chance to work for another employer, unless she says she wants to go home. But if she's done something very wrong and bad and you do not wish another employer to suffer from it, you can send her back home directly.

Luca,
personally i like Burmese Christian maid. they are simple, honest and hardworking. Although communication is a problem initially, after abt 3 mths, it will be okay. My previous maid with me for 1+ year and she could speak simple mandarian too. I usually go for young ones in their mid 20s.

Mylife,
which video monitor are you using? Is it good? thinking of getting one too.

Grumpus,
Hey, we are staying in the same area! I'm at Jalan Bahagia, one of those low houses. You?

Janbb,
can be very stressful as a SAHM cos it's a 24hours job! When you're at home, you have no adult to talk to, no beautiful things to see. Basically you're confined by 4 walls most of the time and you have to face crying and demanding kids at time. For me sometimes I'll escape to my mum's house, bring kids out for a walk or go out for family dinner. And I call my hubby everyday just to relieve some stress! No regrets though cos kids grow up once. i'm glad that my hubby can provide, and i can be with my kids be it good or bad times. It really depends on what you want in your life. Think thru carefully before you make the decision...

i also dun mind being a cashier, but not NTUC, a book store instead coz i can read all the magazines hehe

After having kids, we spent lesser on food by going home for dinner, and only spend on children's stuff, but still find it hard to survive on just 1 person's salary leh.

that's why till now i still fat. no chance to keep in shape and wear nice nice! hahahaha! When i had #1, i slim wor... cos still go out frequently to meet clients then...

fishia
thanks for the info. got to discuss with my hubby.....
happy.gif
my maid is overall alrite. but i guess cos i grew up without a maid myself, it is not easy for me to accept. i am afterall being brought up by my grandma. but for my hubby's family, they are too used to having a maid around....

muhahhaah I wish to be SAHM oso leh .... wait for my dearie to say hey think u stay home look after TT hahaha ... or maybe one day his co. want him to station at taiwan and they would BAO family to go over oso hahaha

fishia,
I never thought of Burmese maids leh, coz its always the usual indo or philipines. hehe So u speak to ur maid in English?

Any reason for young ones?

morning mummies
almost noon soon...so fast a morning has passed

still waiting for my turn to see the PD, so damn hungry now, but cannot go out coz xandall is still sleeping. have to "lun" until he wakes up then can go down and tabao lunch...
so i think, if i am SAHM, i will die from hunger haha

luca,
We always go for Burmese maid cos easier to find Christians. Yes they speak English but some can't speak at all. My current one is with me for 1mth+ only. speak basic English and overall i'm happy with her. Importantly, both my boys like her.

Younger ones because they learn faster and can mingle better with Children. Also, I find they have less attitude problems.. Older ones because of life experiences tend to be more difficult to manage and correct...

luca
yah now at home...childcare leave...bring boy see doc

fishia, you forgot to add that younger ones:-
willing to learn
more strength and energy

i do agree with your point about mingle better with children. my maid adores my boy but she only does housework, cook, and takes care of my bedridden grandma; she doesnt take care of my boy...but dont know why, but my boy likes her too. always run to the kitchen to find her...
i am thinking when my boy is older, and when grandma passes away, can get my maid to be at my place instead of my mil place...then take care of my family...put my boy in CC...

fishia,
u are right abt the older ones, thought young ones usually inexperienced and so duno alot of things.

Whats ur maid agency?

pixie,
u got burmese maid too?

luca
nolah, my maid is philippines but she is young. i think 21-24...cant remember. we are her 1st family and she stays in those hilly area back home so she is not so sophisticated as compared to the city girls. less scheming lor. more willing.

yesterday my 3yo niece was trying to say "1 2 3 4" but she missed 2 and 3 and my maid told her it should be "1 2 3 4". free education included leh!

Jess,

Not sure, cos cannot open the link you sent. But I think most of the published fees is before subsidized, unless otherwise stated.

Back