(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

topic:
whats for lunch today?

me: vegetarian beehoon & honey pearl milk tea from sweet talk
happy.gif

steph
cant sit still, cant concentrate, too much on his mind at any moment, fidgeting, cannot perform quiet tasks, impatient, show emotions without control etc. usually we wont know until our kids much older. now still too young to judge. do you mean ADHD? old liao if you still suspect can go to centres and hosp for test lor

last time ST reported more kids detected with ADHD. coz nowadays parents more aware than last generation. so more cases. its a global phenomenon leh

actually its a fine line whether have or dont have coz everyone's level of inattention, hyperactivity differs mah hor

steph
i HEART your milk tea!
im a milk tea addict but since gaining another 2kg from last time, i cut milk tea liao. just drink chinese or green tea :-(

btw, you buy your milk tea from where? your office there got sell milk tea so good?

Pixie, I wonder what terror your niece did? Tot my son already quite terror liao. Somemore your niece a gal wor.

topic:
whats for lunch today?
Mine: pumpkin porridge

I walked in raffles place exchange, saw the CIMB booth, so signed up for credit card there. Got travel bag, and most importantly can get 1% cash rebate for overseas spending and 0.5% cash rebate for local spending.

Anyone knows which Credit card gives best cash rebates??

what's difference between AHDH and hyperactive?

what's for lunch today ?
Had chinese style of nasi briani and honey tea with pearl at basement of Bugis Junction. That cost me $12.80 ! so ex leh

tongtong
very difficult to answer you, i no expert, but generally ADHD covers inattention, and hyperactivity (or combo). its a name to broadly cluster these "illness".

pixie,

Tks for info! yeah i read about ADHD in some parenting magazine. Actually ADHD quite similar to hyperactivity...after 3YO can go for such test if suspect child exhibit 6 or more ADHD symptoms.

Re: pearl milk tea
my all time favourite too
happy.gif
my office no sell. we went west coast hawker & there is a sweet talk outlet there. Only $1.20 + vegetarian bee hoon $2.20 = $$3.40
Chaye,
bugis (central) & jurong industrial area diff price for lunch leh. Bugis can dropby OG shop shop wherelse Jurong no OG except nearest is IMM:p

steph
my office nearby got sell but its bo brand, and its $1....but the tea sux. i suspect they concoct from powder and very little tea....
i like milk tea with strong tea taste.

which one is the best you tried so far in SG?

steph
wah 3.4 compared to my 12.8 sob sob...

so far sweet talk is still my fav la. the other is rockery.

chaye
sweet talk is literally very sweet.

so we have:
each a cup
sweet talk
rockery
cup walker

i only tried those above and still love cup walker. super tall cup only for $1.30 without pearl...

wat cup walker har ? Never c before leh... recently there's a new chain starting with letter C I think but I just cant recall the full name... arggghhh

hey mummies

Since most of you are residing in SK. Have u been to Sengkang sports and recreation complex ? the one with the latest swimming pool ?

can share with me how to get there if dun drive ? and whether izit worth going ? TIA

cheekopek?
cheerios?

heehee

cup walker few outlets nia. i think heartland mall, errr sengkang mrt, rivervale mall. and dunno the rest liao

you want to go to the swimming pool issit?
i think the nearest LRT station is Farmway. but i dunno that LRT station open liao or not coz my house is not at that line...paiseh

pixie,

The best i tried so far is Cool Station but i think now no more outlets. Now i like the green/red milk tea+pearl from Lai Lai (JP got one outlet) which is famous for their stewed beef noodles (taiwan style) yummy! Rockery so so only for $1.50 w/o pearl...the milk tea taste not strong/thick enuff.

chaye, steph
got a bubble tea brand called KOI and they are in selected places, i heard really like taiwanese pao pao cha leh.
super gian

last time cool station everywhere one hor??

YES PIXIE

KOI is the one I talked about !!! Ya KOI not COI hahahah. very long q every time I walked past so todate I stiil hv not tried cos to me I think is the workers r slow :p

chaye
KOI got super good reviews leh. they say the pearls is fly in from taiwan one...so its very authentic milk tea.
try liao let us know. you saw from where? bugis issit? where exactly? i went looking but cant find leh

3126269.jpg

They are located in Toa Payoh, Marine Parade, Ang Mo Kio and China Town. Pearl is FOC & can choose your sugar level..how sweet u wan
happy.gif
BUT BUT i nvr tried b4:p

steph
super gianz, feel like flying to marine parade to buy now but but but i working leh...

they say 50% or 25% is good enough liao lor

nevermind, later go back to my mom's place i shall brew a super strong cup of chinese tea to satisfy my craving

3126312.jpg

pixie,

i used to work part time for cool station (my frd's sis owned) at harbourfront outlet. Very nice cos everyday can drink milk tea & can eat as many pearl as i want plus can have different variety/flavour & thickness...hehe...they also have ice blended to choose from
happy.gif

steph
i like pearls but when you chew chew and chew still have a lot i will be pek chek so i skipped pearls totally. to me i just think pearls waste the space of the cup which i could have let it store more milk tea so mine is always without pearls heehee

very gian to cheong to parkway now

Steph, Chaye, poor thing, it's really not easy to discipline a toddler. Too slack, they climb all over you. Too tough, they think that beating is right.

Steph, RaeAnne is like that too. She started her nonsense of spitting out rice for a few weeks liao. As long bouncing on bed and walking around, refusing to sleep. She has done that for months. Once she free fall from my bed head board and landed on my wireless mouse receiver, causing it to snap internally so there goes my $39 microsoft wireless mouse. Just now, when I was trying to put her to sleep, she was also climbing up the ikea sofa bed beside her toddler bed, walk up and down. I just leave her be and pretend to sleep, while keeping half an eye on her. When hubby checked in on us (i closed the room door), he was shocked to see her standing on the sofa bed cos he's scared she will fall mah whereas I'm a bit numb liao. So, he carried her downstairs and push her around in a stroller and she fell asleep in less than 10 mins. :p

Anyway, me and hubby take turns for time out and cool down if we are mad with RaeAnne. But my hubby more patient than me, he only lost his cool a few times so far, he beat her mouth once. Whereas I smacked her backside (diaperless) once and left red marks. :p

Enemum, I tried the black pork shabu shabu at $21.90 but didn't find it any different from normal pork leh. Whereas my friend likes their black pork ramen. We went to the new outlet at Taka though, maybe liang court one is better? Anyway, if you are there, just try lor.
happy.gif

oh now taka also have it already ah? where huh?

i went to did a search and quite good reviews....

got sushi?

or does anyone of you have any good recommendation....wanan bring father out for birthday celebration

You all are making me thirsty! I secretly drank bubble tea twice from Sweet Talk when preggy. But now can drink without guilt!!! Have not drink yet leh. I agree Sweet Talk is really sweet. I used to like the bubble tea from the market near my hse but the standard has somehow dropped. I think I like cup walker bah... Last time working @ Suntec and they have an outlet there. I like peppermint milk tea and their milk taste is just nice for me. Must have another cup these few days to fulfil my temptation.

Talking abt temptation, I just had Coffee Bean & Tea Leaves ice blended ultimate last week. Feeling shiok. I love this coffee the best!

Next temptation, I want to eat waffles from Gelare! They are back after disappearing for mths!!!

krystle
at suntec, the cup is the small one (refer to steph's posted picture, right) for $1.60 with pearl right? so the outlets in sengkang mrt and rivervale mall is serving the tall cup (refer to steph's pic again, left) for $1.60 too...

hmm, thanks kam....for tempopo, is it more like only noodles and rice?

the one at liang court is a big outlet?

we dun want to eat at a rush cos of the queue...you get what i mean?

tongtong u here today ? hv u bot neoflam ? I bot mine at OG 30% off le. I bot the big wok $125.50 after less is 87.85. There was a demonstration but ended when I went there. So we saw from the tv seems like very good heehehehe

eNemum,
yes, it's quite a big outlet. we were there on a weekend, pretty long queue. but once we were seated, didn't feel the pressure to have to rush, cos where we sat can't see the queue, and the staff did not rush us at all. menu quite extensive but i can't remember exactly if they have sushi or not, should have, i think have.

thanks kam....

hmm, my dad, mine and my elder boy's birthday all in early nov....shall see whether can celebrate

my ah ma just admitted hospital.....due to bad diabetic wound....very worried ah....

So, anyone wanna join me & Z for

Trial at PlayDays $45 for 1.5hrs conducted in English.
http://www.playdays.com.sg/about.html
Session : Doodle Bugs (18 mths - 2.5yrs)
Date : 24th Oct, Saturday
Time : 10am - 11.30am
Theme : Festivals
Program : 20mins of free-play, follow by music, dance, drama, art crafts, water play etc.
New term start on 19th Oct $405 for 9 weeks (weekly class) & $100 refundable deposit. Trial fees will be waived if you sign up full term.
*light snacks will be provided for the tods & please bring along an extra set of clothing for your tods for art craft/water play activity.

Chaye, yaya! I bot neoflam 24cm one.yea 30% lor! So coincident that we were both looking at neoflam at the same time and hour but different location LOL. Already used that to fry egg, super good, cuz I always use my wok to fry and sure stick keke. You bot big wok ! good! My hubby also asked me to buy the big one to fry rice and cook. Haiya but I already got wok at home, dun want to have so many, also dunno where to keep haha.

tongtong

My nonstick Supor wok is already not nonstick anymore le :p so hv to get new wok lo. Hope this neoflam can last longer

Chaye, oh, nonstick can wear off also..? anway this is the first nonstick i have. never used one in my life before! keke

Yes they do if u duno how to take care ! some even peels if of not so good materials. This neoflam is supposed to be able to use metal sponge to scrub w/o spoiling the surface

Eating well... I think I can only eat and drink well when I work. If at home, I dun drink enuf water or sometimes I dun eat enuf too. I may skip meals when not working.

Steph,
dunno if the classroom big or not hor? I think my gal hates small classrooms leh. That time she went for her first trial. The classroom was SO small, she cried the minute the teacher closed the door!

Anyway, I don't mind joining you.
happy.gif

krystle
suntec high overheads wat
sengkang is heartland lah
i oso didnt know until i discover got cup walker @ suntec, queue up liao then see everyone getting small (regular) cups. tall cups is another ~30cents more or something like that...

ask noob qn: take mrt from bedok to sembawang faster OR take bus from bedok to amk, then trf to sbwng faster?

who will know? whahahah

chaye
aiyah pick 1 of the 2 options lah. i very lazy to go back sembawang from bedok leh. sibeh sianzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

very far hor... mrt is still the faster I think. cos if u transfer to bus then mrt u still hv to take in the waiting time for bus. train service you know is every 3-5mins non peak ma. so quite safe. sembawang to city hall, hop over train to bedok...

steph,
Have you bring Z to botanical garden before? I find it a very good place for toddlers, cos their can run free, and it's almost hazard-free, it won't hurt them if they fall down etc, just need to keep an eye on him. Bring a ball or some toy to keep him occupied if need be. Then you and hubby can sit there enjoying the green, the fresh air, the blue sky......

No offence. Just sharing. After the last trial, I have decided weekly classes is not suitable for HR. He goes to CC and he learns quite a lot of things there, so I figured he is quite ok with classroom environment, but that's different to sending him to weekly class. At CC, he sees those classmates and teachers of him everyday, he knows them and starts to remember all their names. And he is familiar with the school. With the weekly classes, he is not comfortable with the new environment and new friends, and don't think kid his age can remember those friends whom he only meets once a week. By the time he warms up (maybe he is those type who needs long time to warm up), it's almost the end of the class already :) It made me feel bad to see him being unhappy in the class :-(

If I even bring him to class again, it would be for music and movement, which he loves and enjoys a lot now. For now, will continue to bring him and baby girl to enjoy more outdoors.

Back