(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

jas23,

oh yah!!! i got the bubble dress today.. but the colour like dun really look like the photo one leh.. hahaha.. but its cute lah...
happy.gif

Petrina,
i also intend to cook mee sua and egg for ethan too. But do u know what kind of soup to cook in? as in how to prepare the soup base?

ladies, i have a dilemma here. i just realised i didn't tell my friends susu recovered from hfmd about 3 days back and is cleared by doc. so irresponsible of mi. i was so upset wif myself i told hubby should have canceled the party instead. would u gals have gone ahead with the party?

hubby told mi not to worry cos doc (infact 3 docs) have cleared her. he says i think too much. i really dun want to be one of those irresponsible parents.

Steffie,

Thanks for your advice ya.. Think I better pack more warm clothings for Ryan...

Lynzi,

Ya, the Zoo is a fun place to be at with kids
happy.gif
Will post pictures of Ryan playing at the Kids World soon.. Really fun.. I didn't really pack his swimming stuff but hack care, just removed his pants and he was only in singlet and diaper and crawling around
happy.gif
Then I just bathed him at the outdoor bathing area...

Bluelily,
Hope you kiddo will enjoy his BIG day tomorrow
happy.gif
Happy Birthday to him ya.. so good right, tomorrow one present, then another present for Xmas
happy.gif

I'm seriously thinking if I should put up a Xmas tree for Ryan... But me lazy mum lah, so thinking of buying a small one (about his height) then let him take pictures with it on his birthday.. heeehee
happy.gif

Hey mummies,

Just a suggestion.. why not post your baby's first day picture and the birthday one together and let the rest of us see how much your little kiddo has grown.. I'm sure it'll be fun
happy.gif

Tub,
I think should be fine, esp she has been cleared by 3 doctors. I don't think you're irresponsible too. Perhaps it just slipped your mind to let your friends be aware?

eve,

i've been boiling lots of soup stock/base for my girl's porridge.. u can use either one:

1. lotus root with pork ribs/bones and red dates and gao ki (the small red dried 'fruits' herbs)
2. corn with carrots and gao ki
3. cabbage with ikan bilis
4. chicken bones with carrots and gao ki and red dates
5. fish bones and carrots

think so far i've only tried these few.. very very delicious soup base for her porridge, mee sua and marceroni..
happy.gif

tub,

should be ok lah.. u got not 1 but THREE doctors' confirmation already.. dun worry.. u're not being an irresponsible mum..

pet,
me haven get mine yet... sob sob...

lynzi,
thanks...

my mum cook mee sua for my ger yesterday liaoz.. under lunar calender, she turn 1 yr today...

she put a lot of stuffs n all got meaning lahz in...
got prawns, seacumber, mushroom, fishball & 2 hard boiled egg....

thanks for the reassurance, gals.

phy, i wanted to bring susu to perth but hubby said too mafan cos i'm still breastfeeding and aussie has a lot of issues with the number of bottles of EBM that we can bring in if i'm not wrong. then we wanted to go bangkok and the saga over there is not over so in the end, stay in singapore lor... sianz... hubby said rent a hotel room the 3 of us stay there. so boliao!

haa.. tub... we did that 2 wkends again lar..
rent hotel room in SG ... sty from fri nite chk out sunday morning =D
went changi village hotel..den in between went wwwet lor .. my girl now = charcoal liaoz

I bought from crystal jade. I let him eat a little..

Actually I already started to feed him scramble eggs etc since 2 mths ago, so far ok..

Tub,
Why not try Bintan or Batam? Think a weekday getaway would be fun. Just that you two have to take turns to go for spa
happy.gif

hi gals, i've uploaded some fotos from su's birthday party. only managed to get the ones from my cam... will upload those from my BIL's soon!

1936356.jpg

1936357.jpg

1936358.jpg

happy birthday to all bbs!

Jean
Wah! yr party is so grand!!

i let hb see the beautiful 3D cakes posted, now hb keen to get & tell me why I never show him the last time, previously told him but he's not keen mah .. now dunno still in time to cancel my cake, thought of getting from bakerzin if I can still cancel my cake

jubeck,

I think u better call early else sometimes they will forfeit your deposit if u cancel the cake..

Tub,

Where u get ur cake huh? Me now short listing all the bakeries for next year..wahahah

Happy birthday Sumana!!

Happy birthday ah pui!!!!

tub.. the cake from pg right??? i also chose that garden theme leh!!! hahahahaha... also 2 tier one..
happy.gif

my girl's birthday next week end.. will take photos of the cake and post it her too.. hehe
happy.gif

we've got great taste! hahahahaa

Hay gals,

For those who's bb having pacifier, any idea how to wean it off? My boy needs it when he sleeps, but me find a hassle cos he will wake up in the middel of nite looking for it.

Also, realise my boy's 2 front tooth got gap, not sure whether normal or not..will it be "closed" when all the teeth are out?

Jean!

my son will fuss when he realise that his "beloved" pacifier is missing. normally it's bcos his mummy pull it off when he KO. hahaha

i will juz pat him to sleep when he looks for it in the middle of the night or give him water to drink. will only give him unless he really can't go bk to lalaland without it.

i am also trying to reduce his reliance on it. sometimes he juz KO without it.

Ah Bie,
My boy dun need the tutu at all when he is awake but he will cry until we give the "tu tu" to him when he wanna sleep. Once the tutu in his mouth, his whole body like "lneng lneng" and collaspe on his bed..hahha..We always say his tutu is like opium.

Steffi,
is it..if its true, me super relieved liao..Else must waste $$ next time for him to wear braces..

Jean/Ah Bie,
Mine is thumb sucking leh.. I also dunno how to make him kick! He will suck when he's just sitting and do nothing or when tired. The thumb and nail abit 'damaged' liao leh. Oh yah, he needs his hankie to sleep as well!!
happy.gif

cocoangel
think there is some edible cream specially for weaning off pacifier. Supposed to apply on it so that when bbs suck on the paci, it tastes bitter and will reject it...

during my time, my mum used medicated oil on my milk bottle teats and pacifiers instead

Tub
Sumana's looking very sweet now
happy.gif
I love her cakes. Happy Birthday in advance (tomorrow rite?)

Missylan
Happy birthday to Ah Pui. Quick post photos!!

Jean
My bro said once the other teeth grow, they will push the front teeth closer together. I hope that is true too cos my boy's 2 front teeth are also very far apart.

re teeth. I think it's ok to have some gaps...coz milk teeth are smaller than adult teeth right? and there are more adult teeth too? So that would help push the teeth together. In fact, my worry is next time, no space....then the teeth become crooked...hehs

Thanks Gal, really relieved to hear about the teeth gap thing, hopefully it will close lor..Actually me more concerned about if there a gap, will he talk with a "lau hong" accent...haha, hubby say i crazy..heheh

jean
yup! managed to cancel my cake order le.. hehe
happy.gif
so happy! btw, I was speaking to my colleague about my boy's teeth gap, what she said is the same as CSI_Fan. I stopped giving my boy pacifier a long time ago but he switch to his thumb for comfort.

cocoangle
same here! my boy also got 'damaged' thumb & nail

missylan,
wah....the party looks good! your ah pui very cute....
happy.gif

mummies who had cupcakes and birthday cake for their parties...just wanted to ask:-

I see the pics, the cupcakes are placed with the main cake...so when do you cut the main cake? or when do guests eat the cupcakes? Heehee...coz I'm still thinking of where to place my cupcakes. hehs. Thanks...

CSI Fan,

For my case, I kept the cup cakes together with the main cake till after the montage, then it was wheeled in, then after the cutting ceremony, I placed it at the buffet line for the Guests to eat.

tub,
Is the agar agar nice? Actually wanna ordered but saw some negative posts on their service, so changed my mine. How u find their service?

hi gals, thanks for the well wishes! susu is finally ONE!

pet, yap! high 5 for good taste. haha.

jean, it's from PG. i'm happy with their service and all. they even called to double confirm my order (cos i ordered black forest without rum) and is afraid of the mixup. dun want the kiddos at the party to be drunk from the rum. haha. the design is exactly wat i told the lady. the agar agar is nice leh... no bad service encountered. mr chan was on time and very friendly. the agar is very tasty too. my mum was raving about their "workmanship" haha.

csi, i cut the main cake after the birthday song lor... not quite sure about ur question. after that, i just told the guests, esp the children to help themselves to the cupcakes. it vanished like lightening! i din place them on the buffet table. just left it on the table and asked my nephews and nieces to give them to the guests.

Happy Birthday su and all the birthday bbs! Share with us the photos k?

Jr's birthday party last Sat was messy, tiring, but fun as well. hehe. It's over too soon!

tub, jean,
oh...ok. so the cake cutting was like, at the beginning of the whole celebrations? or some time in the middle? Like, pple start eating from buffet then cut cake, or cut cake first, then start eating from buffet? Hee...

thanks jane! happy birthday to your handsome too! saw his fotos! such a good looking boy!

csi, i told the guests to come at 1pm but cake cutting was at about 215. guess it's sometime in the middle ba... cos it's the highlight ma...

Back