(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

sr's classmates in GUG (a set of twins) are toilet trained, no diapers. but the parents/maid find it disruptive to brign them in/out to the loo inbtw classes so they brot a potty for the twins to do their biz in the sch. once they done the maid will go wash it in the loo

Hi Mummies,

Cheap Huggies for Sale. Drop me a PM if interested,
happy.gif

Huggies ultra - $14.50 per pkt
Huggies pullups - $14.50 per pkt
Huggies comfort (red) - $15 per pkt
Huggies dry (blue) - $15 per pkt

Collection at Punggol/ Toa payoh (fri evenings & sun mornings) / Amk (prearranged) / Pasir Ris ( prearranged) / Science Centre (prearranged)

sumana is also toilet trained... and she's sort of training herself to be diaperless at night. these days, she would wake me up at 3am (SCREAM! 3AM????) and says she wants to pee pee! grrrrrrrrrrr... i usually tell her to pee in her diaper (she still wears them to sleep) but she would insist that she wants to pee in the toilet! i'm becoming a panda now...

and when we go out, we could visit the toilet like 4 to 5 times during our dinner! i am happy that she's toilet trained BUT hate the idea of waking up at 3am to help her pee or pausing throughout my dinner to bring her to the toilet. it doesn't help when some public toilets are very nicely decorated with cartoons and little susu finds them so attractive she would rather visit the toilet than have her dinner. grrrrrrrrrr

lynzi... the wetting part is unavoidable.
sumana had a few accidents but they helped her realise that peeing without diaper means dirtying herself and the floor. i don't scold her when she does that but i would tell her sternly to remember to go to the toilet.

for road trips... sigh... if we take the tour bus, can't expect the driver to stop 10 times along the way so sumana can pee right???

Kaylen is half toilet trained. I'm quite lazy at times, rather than having to clean up the mess, I wld let her wear diaper n pee in it. She has a few "accidents" at home when she played and forgot to go to the toilet. Usually when home, we'll try to go diaperless. Everytime, she needs to go potty, I hv to follow her, so quite tiring following her in n out of the toilet. At nite, she still wear diapers cos dun tink she's ready to wake up so many times in the nite to go toilet. She still prefers to poo in her diaper rather than sitting on the potty. A few times when she was diaperless, she refuses to poo til I put the diaper on (waste 1 diaper in the end, sigh...). When we go out, though she is wearing diaper, she would insist to go pee in the toilet, esp if she hears her sis wants to go toilet. The inconvenient part is when I'm alone with her at the supermarket, I got to leave the trolley somewhere, bring her out to the toilet and come back again to continue my shopping.

ya, those inconveniences r unavoidable de.. there was once we were suppose 2 b out for dinner as a family 2gether. in the end daddy had to go back to work. so sr n i ended up in the food court. halfway thru her fishball noodles she say wan go toilet and she got no diapers on.
bo pian lor, i asked some teenage boys @ the nearby table 2 look aft the noodles lor

slimz, i was in the same predicament. the daddy was away buying food and i finally got a table after quite a long wait. then just as i was about to sit down, sumana said she needed to pee. so i had to ask a lady at the next table to help me "choup" the seat.

Selling 1 unopen GNC Childlife Essential Fatty Acids Natural Butterscotch flavor.
Expire date: 23 Oct 2010

For infants 6 month old up to 12yrs old kids.

Product detail: http://www.childlife.net/node/53/

Original price: $ 43.50
Selling cheap now: $ 35

Pls PM me if u keen. Collect at my blk (hougang). Thanks!

Hi Mommies,

Cheap Huggies for Sale

Huggies ultra - $14.50 per pkt
Huggies pullups - $14.50 per pkt
Huggies comfort (red) - $15 per pkt
Huggies dry (blue) - $15 per pkt

Collection at Punggol/ Toa payoh (fri evenings & sun mornings) / Amk (prearranged) / Pasir Ris ( prearranged) / Science Centre (prearranged)/ IMM (prearranged)

Yo mummies!
Missed the discussion on potty training!!!

Aiyo I'm literally tearing out my hair out over this matter too. At one stage my beloved son would do his big biz while seated on the toilet seat... Then he don't know what happened, he refuses to tell us whether he needs to go sshhh or pooo pooo

Sigh.
But after reading your posts, kinda feel better now. Think I'm not going to rush him bah..

Thing is, I'm expecting my #2 and giving birth in July... gosh, then probably by then if #1 still not trained, diaper changing can become the main activity of the day! Ha

Phy
Dun worry too much, things will just work out. The gap bet my #1 and #2 is only 18mths...has the same feeling as you the other time. Somemore we manage to get thru :p

Lisa, you don't gloat hor :D Your girl super duper KUAI!!! Sigh, if only Ryan can have have half of her qualities :pP

Hen, thanks for the faith!!! Still remember meeting u and gals at Zu's place. Hope everything is fine over your side too.

Steffi,
Ya, shall not worry too much. Last resort is to send my #1 to child care for a few months to let the teachers there train him! hahaha

Good morning mummies!!

Our thread is so quiet nowadays.

Hmm, time to organise another outing? Can be anywhere. I discovered that Marche at Somerset 313 has got this little playhouse for kids. Anyone keen to have late tea during weekdays and let kids roam there?

Went there once with friends and kids. Quite fun. Best of all, it's air conditioned!

phy, not gloating la.. empathising with u wor..

& she not guai leh.. 4 mths in weekly 2hr playgrp class, kenna 2 times complain le lor!
#1 for attempting to bite
#2 for scratching
The teacher says both times is to the same kid in class, a boy whom she dun c eye to eye with! haa..and when i ask her she says the boy 'so notti' .. teacher says that boy and her, both are like little couple, squabbling all day ..faintz!

slimz
at least urs squabble. mine still cries and everyday without fail, he will bring his stinky little pillow to class!

Slimz,
I found a little spy to tell on Ryan! She's his classmate. Just so happened that got to know her through my cousin in law!! Her father is fixing up built-in in my house... heh heh, she's born in January 07 and very smart. Haha, told me what Ryan (the wrong stuff) he did in class!!! LOL

So I told Ryan,"Heh, now I know who to ask!"

any mommy interested to bbq?

am looking to transfer my booking of BBQ pit no. 10 (sea view) at Sembawang Park, located just bedside the playground. 2 mins walk from car park.

Date: 15 May '10,Sat
Booking time starts 12nn to next day 8am.

Cost: $12

I will mail you the booking receipt.
keen pls PM me

Hi mummies,

It's been a long time since I last posted cos has been busy with my twins and work! Looks like the latest topic is on toilet training... I am facing similar challenges with mine as well. Sometimes, my girl super onz and tell me need to pee but when I bring her to the toilet, she tells me dun have! ai yo... bluff mummy!!

Well, I have decided to leave it to the childcare to teach her, haha. Imagine I have 2 at the same stage, if they both start bluffing me like that, bringing them to toilet will be enuff to keep me busy! *faintz*

btw, I have this little problem that I need help. Recently, my dad fell and hurt his forehead and upper lip and left hand (big bandage plaster on the forehead as well as upper lip, left hand wrapped up in bandage too). I brought my twins to visit him and Alonzo was ok and he even sayang Grandpa. Alena was scared when she saw Grandpa and cried and wailed that she wanted to go home. We had no choice but made our visit short.

After this incident, whenever we mentioned Grandpa, she reacted negatively. She will appear scared and says "no no". At night when sleeping, she also needs me to be besides her. We tried bringing her to my mum's place 2 weeks after the incident and once she realised that we were going there, she made a scene in the car and we could not even get her to get out of the car seat!!

All the above symptoms seemed to imply that she's frightened and that visit must have created a deep impression in her. Even when she sees my parent's photos, she will reject it. She will look scared and quickly close the album and says "no no".

I am at my wit's end and dunno how to help her. Now, my dad has removed all his bandages and we are thinking of arranging an outing or just to meet up outside. btw, it has been about a month since the incident.

anyone has similar experience before? Any advice to share?

jamie, would love to take up ur pit but .. its at sembawang..too far.. paiseh wor

phy, hee.. poor ryan .. haa..

dodo, i cant help u on dat but last sat i brot sr to visit my hb's ah ma in hospital too and i can tell she understands wat's gg on when we told her abt it. tink they r grown up le .. mabbe can do some explanation to her, show her some related books abt it .. ?

tat say @ the hosp. we told sr ah tai (the way his parents said sr shld address her) is sick, in hospital etc and when she saw those tubes in her arms we said its injection by the doc and she sayang-ed his ah ma. when we abt to leave hb's mum asked sr to sing song entertain ah ma she wont. when we left i asked her y she din sing, she said "ah tai is sick, pain pain, no wan sing song..."
--- wonder if she meant its a sombre mood, dun wanna sing song.. or she meant ah tai is in pain cannot sing song for sr ..

hi mummies,

it's been awhile since i posted. but have always silently read and kept up wif the rest of the 'bbs' here.

slimz, arvin has started childcare and has his share of complaints too. so worry that this young age already got teacher complaint, dunno how when he grow older.

dodo, wanted to share wif u tt arvin did the same thing. dad was sick and was in hospital awhile. so when i brought him over for a short visit, he started to cry n refused to approach dad. he even insisted to leave. i was also quite taken aback by his reaction as arvin's usually very close to him. but well i think they kinda sense that something is amiss and dunno how to cope. they're way of reacting is as such. we didn't force him the first time but continued to visit and try and explain tt dad is ok. he wamred up aft awhile. maybe ur dd got affected by somthing more. was she arnd when he fell or was to arnd when someone reacted sadly to the news of him having fallen?

mimeole,
which cc is arvin in huh? we r looking for one nw ..
mite settle for this one along YCK road, SchoolHouse by the Garden (at philips ave)
$530 each term ...

hi mimeole, slimz,

thanks for sharing. now, i am trying to talk to her more about it, to explain to her that grandpa is ok liaoz. just wondering when and how to arrange the meeting. just showed her some pictures of my parents last night and she still have the same reaction, says "dun want" and close the album. btw, she was not ard during the fall lei.

i suspect yr has hfmd...red spots on her hands and soles
sad.gif
GP said keep her at home and see how it develops. Sch said XR also stay at home. So now all 3 at home. Trying to keep them from each other, but it's impossible!

Hi mummies,
Anyone has encountered the below scenario before? I'm quite stressed as I duno what to do next liao...
My boy has been down with fever for a wk liao and the temp is quite fierce. Each time the fever comes up, it will surely hit 40deg kind. I have brought him to our pd and he said it's a viral infection. We saw the pd so many times till he even gave us a discount on consultation. ;P
one thing abt my boy is the fever tend to spike up in a very short span of time. It's not the gradual kind.
Also last wkend, I had a bad fright. not sure why but after a short ride in the car, came back home, he started shivering uncontrollably. My goodness!!! scared me to death...
Currently he's on neurofen and progesic. Alternating between the both.
one thing we realise is when he is having a fever, his hands and legs will be pretty cold and when the fever is gone, his limbs will be slightly above his body temp.
Why is tt so?

thanks for ur input.

PS: this is daddy writin in... mummy not familar with this website.

chockie,

u may want to seek a 2nd opinion if this persists...
see what another doctor says... and do it soon.

chockie, 40 deg is no joke. Maybe bring your child to kkh if still like that. And sponge him when they fever gets high. My boy also had viral fever last wk... shoot up to 39 deg but will go down after med n sponging.

Claire, ur gal ok leh? Hope the rest din catch the virus!

chockie,

It seems that these days, when children get viral infection, they wld hv fever for a week or more. The fever tends to come n go, temp goes up often in the nite. My kids went thru it a few times. The 1st time, we were like u, got so worried n kept visiting the doctors. The last straw was we went to Thomson Medical 24HR clinic. Cos we so worried, they took blood test to confirm its viral infection. The experienced nurse told us to feed the kid panadol diligently every 4hrs for 2 consecutive days. She said to do it even thru the nite or there is no fever. We followed her advice & it worked! 3rd day onwards, the kid fully recovered. From that time onwards, we always practise that and it worked, the kids usually recovered aft 2-3 days.

My older girl, when she gets fever, she will hv goose pimples every now n then, esp when there is change of temp, like from the hot weather outside to inside aircon place. She also tends to hv cold hands & feet.

Oh, when my kids' temp goes to 40deg, when we were at Thomson Medical, they quickly inserted repository. They gave us some repository just in case the temp goes up at home, but important thing is dun use it if u hv just fed them neurofen. U got to wait at least 4hrs I think. So far, I tried not to use repository n neurofen, I just give them panadol regularly n sponge them.

Oh, 1 more thing... these days, kids also tend to have rashes after viral infection. My little one had rashes after 1 week of fever, I got so worried n went to see GP. He just said, "Oh, that is a sign that she is recovering." No medication was given to her. I consulted a doctor friend and he said yes, it can be the case.

Having shared our experience, then again, not all cases may be the same, so if condition does not improve, please do go to the doctors.

ARGH!!! Both #2 and #3 just recovered nia, then caught a chill on fri nite, and now the cough and runny nose is back again
sad.gif
Then #2 went to il place on sat, and came back that night coughing slightly. Sunday, she was coughing non-stop so we have il a call to ask what she'd given her. She said ORANGE JUICE!!!! Faint! She knows yuru is prone to getting phlegm and coughing when she takes sweet things. And she gives her orange juice! omg. And her reason?? yuru wanted it. great. hb was so pissed. then she said that she made it herself, not buy from outside. I was like, wtf? orange juice is still orange juice wherever u get it, right? So angry!

hi hi...

sad to see tt many kids sick. arvin too. cough phlegm.. now he's on daily preventer pumps. n also smtimes kena fever. like now. haiz... hope they'r immunity will pick up soon.

hen,

agree wif u on the panadol part. hav to diligently giv them. for 1st 2 days even if the fever subsides a little better to giv. works on arvin too.

slimz,

we sent arvin to kiddy campus at compassvale rd. gd place. reasonable price too.

dodo,

hope she's able to get over her fear soon. take it slow.

re:rashes aft fever
Hen, sr for the past 3 times in this yr gets rashes immed aft her med for cough/fever/runny nose leh.
in the past she din ve these rashes de wor. lik taking med for fever aft injections, a bad spell of diarrhea wif fever, normal coughs etc BUT all din ve rashes aft med ..
its oni starting tis yr her rashes starts coming. its not itchy but wen its healing, its dry and she will start itching .. see le so xin tong.
the 1st time the rash came we brot her to a PD who said its the virus being expelled out
2nd time, we went back to the GP who first diagnosed her and the GP chaged to milder med (but the rashes oredi out, so makes no diff le i felt)
3rd time is last sat. took cough med n paracetemol, 4hrs ltr the rashes came out =(

so i went to the GP got the list of ALL med sr took frm them tis yr (all 3 times were with this GP clinic) brot her to a PD who says the most likely culprit is the brufen. he says high fever juc sponge n bathe her. he dun lik give kids brufen. he told my fren previously that brufen causes internal bleeding (.. ..)

A doctor fren also recommended that we avoid ibrufen. Too strong. Bad for the stomach esp. Guess the medicine these days causes the rashes, so no need to be too alarm unless it doesn't go away after long period of time. Yeah, heart pain but seems like nothing we can do abt it.

so sianz rite .. i signing her up for cc and one of the tings i need to declare is the drug allergies..
and i duno which one she is allergic to!

dr ong put the two of them on nebuliser, but seems to be worse
sad.gif
Tomorrow bringing to her for review. Hope she can advise what to do. didi was coughing so badly yesterday, feel really heartpain
sad.gif

slimz
my hubby brot no 1 and 2 for the cold storage run yesterday too. They stayed for the carnival after that. I didnt plan to go with didi rhaines, cos he got lesson.
but... but... in the end i contracted hfmd...
sigh. infected by didi Rhaines who got it frm his presch a wk ago...
One good thing came out of this HFMD thingy thou.
didi bcame toilet trained as a result....
haha
Cos he got some hfmd blisters ard his nappy area, so it bcame very painful when he wear disposables. hence he would rather wear undies, and tell us when he wanna pee.

just saw ur msg constance.. ur hfmd ok le?
well its a blessing in disguise den (re the toilet training part) =D

me n ber went for the run.. sr n kyrell sooooo funny, kept holding hands, totally ignore us.. dey even held hands n walked away on their own and the two of us ve to keep calling dem back

hi constance. hope u'r all recovered.

hi slimz, we din mt in the end. tt wkend was sucha a mess. sorry i din call ya. the run was ok. thot it was pretty messy. well the medal was cute.
happy.gif

Hi, sorry to interrupt...

Anyone interested? Please contact me at [email protected] for more information and pictures of the kit.

Includes:
• 30 Silky Eyeshadows
• 5 Lip Glosses
• 5 Perfect Lipsticks
• 4 Blushes
• Luminous Powder
• Translucent Powder
• Bronzer
• Mascara
• Lip Liner
• Eye Liner
• 5 brushes

Get yours now!

Perfect for travel or gift giving.

knock knock
happy.gif

This thread is not moving...

Slimz,
How's everyone at GUG? I must say I miss the class! Now having hols and Ryan is driving me nuts. He talks non stop and keeps wanting us to play with him. Pity him too. My bump so big now so can't really run after him when I take him out. So I don't really take him out without some help.

Jane,
Not yet wor... EDD 13 July...still got 4 weeks plus to go..

How's ur boy at GUG now? Has he moved on to the kids' club yet?

Potty training..

Stuck again *sigh* Small biz ok. Big biz... *sigh* x 10.

Now Ryan will only poo if he has diaper on! I'm so desperate now!!!

Back