(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

recipe:
Me run out of ideas to cook for the kids too. Esp with the super hot weather here, they don't seem to be interested in rice or porridge. I cook a lot of pasta, noodles, udon, soba for them.

eve,
Yours still can lure with raisins, cheese, yoghurt. Kaylen wld just eat a few mouth n run away. She wld buried her head in cushions, sofa, pillow, even face flat down on the floor. I give up at times, just give her more milk to drink.

tub,
I have the same problem here. Even when Kaylen is wearing diapers when we go out, if anyone of us needs to go toilet, she wld insist that she goes along n pee in the toilet. Sometimes, when she remembers, she'll ask to be brought to the toilet to pee. Luckily, here is more child friendly, the toilet quite clean and they even got parents room where they got big n small toilet bowl for parent n kid to do their business tog.

Labels:
Some of u are looking for labels? Hope this email from a friend will help.

-------------------------------------------------
Hello friends,
Don't miss out on this! There are four more days to enjoy 15% discount off your purchase of Bright Star Kids labels! Get some of these colourful and fun labels for your children... for your friends' children... and even for yourself! Each time you make a purchase of AUD$20 or more, you will get 40 free labels.

Bright Star Kids has labels for all your needs -- Stick-On Labels, Iron-On Labels, Bag Tags, Value Kits and Wall Graphics too. Just visit http://achander.brightstarkids.com.au to see the full range of products available.

Bright Star Kids ship internationally at a flat rate of AUD$5 for Stick-on and Iron-on Labels, and AUD$15 for Wall Stickers. For orders within Australia, you get to enjoy free delivery (via normal mail). They process their orders really quickly so that you can enjoy your purchases sooner.

So to enjoy this 15% discount, key in the code KS15OFF. This offer is only valid up to 31 January 2010. If you don't need this at the moment, please pass it along to your friends and family.

Thank you for your support.

tub
ya... rice more diff to feed...also messy for him to feed himself. same thing... he'll eat a few mouth and don't want already. sometimes just drink soup n doesn't want any rice or other dishes.

hen
all the luring is going to lose it's appeal already. now he knows we lure him to eat. will refuse to eat the porridge/rice n only wants all the baits.

i'm working... so porridge is the easiest to cook in the mornig n keep warm till evening. think i shd think of a way to cook noodle/pasta in a very short while after reaching home.

Food

I'm super lucky. My MIL who stays with us on weekdays cooks very good food for Ryan and us. So he is growing well
happy.gif

2 nights already. He didn't scream for us for 2 nights already. Maybe becoz I took him out to play in the evening to tire him out? But I'm glad he is sleeping through again. Hope it stays.

Hen,
sounds like your little princess is a handful. But really smart to imitate the tooth brushing process.

How are you? Coming back for CNY?

<font color="aa00aa">hen,
how have u been?
really miss u and your gerls.
if u do come back do give me advance notice yah..hehe.

oh thanks for the bright star lobang.
when i ordered last year i managed to get the free labels too..now got too many liao dont know what to with it..maybe can last a few years..haha

re: food and meal times
so far for faiq, he didnt have any problem eating whatever we feed him..he can even eat porridge for both lunch and dinner for 5 straight days.
he eats quite a lot i think cos the porridge will be one corelle bowl and when we adults eat rice, he will still want rice in the largest munchkin bowl..jialat.
but bfast time he gets picky..he doesnt want to eat cereal or oats anymore so nowadays my mil will make pancakes for him or scrambled eggs with bread..</font>

I'm been busy wif the kids. Frankly, its 1st time being so hands-on taking care of kids myself, it sure has a lot of challenges. A test of my patience, man.

Kaylen is very different Kyrene. She is not afraid when we scold her, she just cries louder. And she likes to copy what others do, esp her older sis. So got to keep an eye on her else dunno what dangerous stunt she is up to.

Kyrene will have to sit for a National Assessment Program test this year. Its the largest educational testing program in Australia which primary purpose is to assess what the student has learnt or can do. I got to find a way to tutor Kyrene for the tests cos Kaylen often disrupt, snatching away books, pencils, paper, etc frm the sister. Kyrene also needs to prepare for her piano exam this year. Keeping Kaylen away frm Kyrene wld be the biggest challenge for me this year.

We won't be back for CNY but will make a very short trip back to sg soon to visit my hubby's old grandmother who is getting very weak. Guess I won't have time to catch up wif u all, probably end of the year where we'll be back for longer period (for more than a mth).

wow hen, sounds really like a very very challenging year ahead for you and the kids exp kyrene... hang in there!!!

Gong Xi Gong Xi

Here's wishing all a Happy Chinese New Year, good health, lots of happiness &amp; may all your wishes come true.

Hi everyone!
Long time din post here. Hope everyone had a nice CNY! Happy Tiger Year!

I'm feeling pretty stressed up actually.. cos next Mon will be the DAY jr goes to cc. I am oooooo so nervous!!

Hey slimz
yup, doing confinement now.
super bored at home!
How is Shiru?
You started her on CC already?
My No 3 in fullday CC since start of this year.

wow wow wow .. now doing confinement! congrats!!

sr is growing well (physically.. haaa). she is on 2hrs playgrp, Mon-Fri @ my mum's area. Chatted with her teacher recently and teacher says she got gd concentration .. haa.. but gets into fites with one boi in class (said its prob coz he hits her and she fites back) HAA, i've a fighter dotter =P

my fren's wife popped on CNY (they appeared on TV coz theirs was the #2 Tiger baby).. i tot would ve free ss of diaper/milk lifetime.. but he say bo =P

bluelily
yeah, super hot now.
and i cant possibly on the aircon 24 hours lor.
sauna at home. now only consolation is i am visualising the fats i have accumulated melt away with the sweat. haha

slimz
thanks!
haha, you have a tough ger there yah.

Hai....
Yest was Jr's 1st day in cc. But today fever already.. cant go to sch. Now i dunno if i shd continue him in cc anot.. so heart pain.
sad.gif

Constance,
just saw your status in facebook. I think I will tear out my hair if I were you with the 4 kids. We have decided to stop at 2. We can barely cope with the girls asking for our attention when we are at home. There is no personal time at all. I can't make a drink for myself without my girls hugging my thigh to see the drink that I am making or shouting that the younger one is snatching her things. You are one super mummy!

mongs
haha, actually 2 or 4 kids make no difference liao. U can't even hear clearly how many kids are screaming once u have more than 1....

slimz
no lah. my quota met already. haha

oh constance, close factory liao?
i oso wanna close factory if next one can guarantee to be 1 child, i.e. not twins or anything more =P

i thought I missed my menses yesterday and was so worried that I get pregnant again. luckily just false alarm. my hubby also very kan cheong. He was saying, imagine another clarene but I thought our clarene is very cute mah. Haha!

it runs in my family blood lor. My dad has a twin bro, my dad's dad has a twin bro, his bro has a set of twins boys, my dad's nephew has a set of boy/girl twin, my mum's sis has a set of girls twins ...
lucky HB side bo.. but still it scares me alot.. i dun wan to handle 2 at a time and no $$ to cope with 3 bah... dun wan so shiong .. scared scared scared...

slimz
wow, that is a lot of twins! my colleague also has lots of twins in the family (she's a twin herself) and she ended up with triplets!

hi sorry to interrupt
I have a BNWT Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Stevie (Black) selling at S$288 only and Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Jillian (pink) selling at S$268 only. All items are BNWT, comes with original Kate Spade dustbag, care card and hanging tag. For fast deal, please email [email protected]. Prices nego. Thanks

bluelily, cant try .. HB out of town for 3 weeks, back end of mth.. HAAA...
but i'm not gg for #2 until HB finds a new job. His current job needs him to wk late, travels. i feel its not good to him, me, sr, #2, the kiddo's care giver (my mum) if he continues in current job...

<font color="aa00aa">hi mummies..
so long never come in here..

wana ask u ladies..do any of your kid drink milk in bottle before sleep?
when is the time to change to drink milk from cup?
i tried to let faiq drink milk from straw bottle but he is not keen after taking a few sips..sighhh</font>

lynzi, haa.. my sr dun use bottle since 9 mths old.. haa.. all coz i latched her on during my 2 mths NPL during that time, aft that she reject bottle feeding. my mum will feed her via syringe or spoon. when she mastered drinking from straw we let her drink milk via straw le ..

slimz, my hb's also been travelling these few mths. Just back from his 2 wk trip.. i totally understand how u feel! Then ur hb away how u send sr to GUG? I'm wondering if i sign up, how can I send JR to sch when hb's away leh! Btw.. u'll probably see me this Sun when I bring jr for this trial class. Hope he likes it. Then I no need to try so many. Actually.. opp my mum's place got daily 1.5hrs playgroup leh.. How I wish he'll be able to adapt there so I no need to be so mafan.. but well... think it's difficult at this stage now. Hai..

I saw the kidsrun thing on newspaper too. Looks fun.. but with the crowd ard.. I highly suspect Jr will ask us to carry instead! -_-" I can run quite fast in fact.. haha

Lynzi, Jr still using bottle for his milk too. And still needs to be fed!!

Anyone's kid not potty trained yet? Jr refused to be trained leh... I dunno how to start with his training when he dun cooperate? How??

<font color="aa00aa">bluelily,
faiq also not potty train yet..
ppl been telling me that i must wait till the kid can tell that he wants to pee.
but faiq will only tell me AFTER he pee..aiyoh..how like that?
my hubby said we should just leave the potty training part to the cc..sighh</font>

mine worse. He pee or poo also dun tell! Worse still.. u ask him.. he say no when it's already so smelly! My dirty boy!

lynzi, i also tot can go cc let teacher train le.. but now not going cc liao.. Gotta train ourselves. But i dunno how to start too... cham dunno gotta be on diapers till when!?!

Gabby's mum, at least urs still will ask u to bring to toilet sometimes. Got hope!

bluelily
mine not potty trained yet too. to him, be it pee or poo, he'll say poo poo. N will only say so after he's done. i'm also waiting for cc to train him.

sometimes we take off his diapers and asks him to pee, he will gek the urine out. it happens once when i wanted to bathe him and his urine came out. since then he knows he can control the urine. maybe u can start from there.

eve, I think Jr can control his urine too.. but maybe subconsiously. Cos when he make him pee in the toilet.. he'll keep refusing. Then immediately after he put on diapers.. he pee inside! My mum tried to train him by letting him go diaperless downstairs. He also no mood to pee.. once in diapers.. pee immediately!

bluelily, i bring sr on my own lor. first session i brot her w/o stroller, it was a bad move.. haa.. she fell asleep in my arms on our way home and i had to carry her all the way home frm suntec to city hall mrt take NEL to buangkok!
the next 2 sessions i pushed stroller, she was ok to take the stroller =D
HB came back tis morning le, but went st back to wk despite the jet lag
sad.gif

sr is potty trained oni in the day, not the nite...coz b4 zzz she will take milk and will alwys drown herself in lotsa water.. hence she definitely need to wake at nite for pee. so unless we wake her up, otherwise its diapers for her le..

i dun mind running but i prefer to run as a family leh ..

my mum trained sr by letting her go diaper-less. every 1/2 or 45min will bring her on potty...
her poo timing quite standard, morning aft bf and evening aft dine. so those timing she will poo in potty..
now she's trained she would refuse diapers totally..

I recently started training clarene to go diaperless. Started last week at night since she attends half day chidcare and then she come back and nap for a long time. There are a couple of accidents when she first started but she is quite consistent after she gets the hang of controlling her bowels and letting go at the potty.
Ya, it's important for the toddlers to be relaxed when they seated at the potty or toilet bowl so that they won't feel pressurised and dislike going to the toilet. Clarene likes going diaperless and we praise her for being a big girl like jie jie so she is the one to insist she doesn't want diaper. I have just written in the communication book today to the teacher that maybe the sch will want to cooperate and let her wear panty and pants as well.

Even my elder daughter who turned 4 last dec is still wearing diaper at night to sleep. I tried to train her to wake up to go toilet in the middle of the night but she is not used to it and she can pass urine at night in bed and still continue to sleep. I tried for 2 weeks to carry her to the toilet and let her urine but it's so tiring for me. I don't know how to train the kids to be toilet trained at night man!

hi,

alexis is pee&amp;poo-ed trained already (but not at nites cz i ain't goin to wake up n bring her to e toilet..haha)..n e thing is, I didn't force her at all..in fact, i'm like some lazy mother who rather let her wear her diapers than clean up a wet floor. i believe that a child will b ready to b toilet-trained when he/she is. forcing e child will jus add stress to e caregiver n child.

i rem, for A, she jus told me one morning that she doesnt want to wear her diaper. OK, i said but pls tell mommy if u need to pee/poo OK? "OK", n she did. There were 2 accidents after tat (she peed on e floor) but hey, that helped her realise that peeing in her shorts is not comfortable at all! in fact, she was all peeved abt having wet her legs! so that is some experiential learning if u ask me!

aiya, they've been wearing diapers since they were born..tats abt 2 yrs+ already.. definitely if we want to stop them fr doing their business in their diapers, we need to give them more time!

if this helps, my #1 still wears diapers at nites becz he drinks gallons of water before he zzs (i also dun see why i shld stop him fr drinkg water so tat he wont pee)..he's 4+ btw. Not an impressive age to still b wearing diapers but i don't really want to bother abt somethg as unimpt as this. =P

just my POV!

ooh..e irritatg part abt being toilet trained is, u need to bring them to pee each time u're out. i dunno abt other kids but each time i bring them out, they pee v frequently. sometimes i tink i spend more time bringing them to toilets rather than doing wat i actually planned to do..

n now that they r quite used to not wearing diapers, they wld refuse to pee in it! can u tell me how u wld act if u were on the road n they want to pee. god knows how many times we've stopped by e side of e roads!! =P

oh boy, i'm certainly glad jr's not the only one who's not potty trained! Think i can only keep psychoing him till he wanna pee/poo in potty ba. U know.. i bought his a potty book. Read till now he can memorize the whole book! But still dun wanna sit on potty/toilet bowl or even pee standing in toilet. -_-"

yeah.. sounds like being diaperless has it's own troubles as well!

steff, agree on the bringing them to loo when o/s.. during the time when my HB was out of town n i bring her out alone, at times when she (althou wearing diapers) ask to go toilets.. the Q is so long in the ladies .. its those times when i wished daddy was ard, coz gents no Q!
den i will ask her to pee in the diapers lor else ve to wait for the Q ...

slimz,

yar..mine is, she'll refuse to pee in her diapers..rather hold her pee..i hate it when that happens..cz technically, what she's doing is not wrong..she's doing wat she's been trained to do - pee in e toilet! then cannot scold her also. HAHAHA.. i usu ask ppl to let me go first if she really cant wait. =P usu, they give in. =)

<font color="aa00aa">its exactly the wetting floor part that makes me find it hard to start training faiq to be toilet train.
i cannot stand the mess and hassle of cleaning up.
if only itc an miraculously happen overnite...sigh.
but like steffie said, if we go on road trip like to kl or sth then i wont know how many times we must stop just to let him pee..
predicament..predicament..</font>

Back