(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

crystalz,
I thought ameda is better than medela mini electric plus. I have a medela mini electric plus for about 2 years and have been using that to pump 2-3x a day for 17 mths for my girl and so far have serviced that a couple of times because of blockage. am afraid that the motor is not going to last for this birth and was thinking of getting ameda since a lot of people say that it's close to Medela PIS in terms of efficiency in drawing out the milk. So it's not really true?

constance - that time why i determined to bfeed so long as I din wan to have a 2nd baby and hubby wanted but also kept delaying. So just wan to give the best to my elder son. Just this Mar changed to another section, thouegh colleagues are understanding type, scare away for meeting or too busy to pump then will just give up. I gave up at 22months becuz work getting more busy and also into 4th month pregnancy.

thanks crystalz, is it also true that ameda more quieter than medela? will using dual pump
express milk from both breasts equally?

my left breast still produce little compared to my right even though i latch baby more often n pump too.

jasmine,
me too..milk supply seems to ve gone down despite eating fish and papaya..boohoo..
last nite my MIL volunteered 2 let bb zzz wif her so dat me n HB can zzz well.. den i wanted to wake up in the middle of nite 2 pump..but slept thru
sad.gif
tis morning wake up, breasts ultra heavy and bed all wet .. wasted precious milk .. haizzz

split,
i'm supplementing my girl with S26 .. my nieces and nephews are all drinking dat with no problem.. dat's y i'm using it..
but read in other threads that S26 quite fattening .. hmmm.. mabbe i'm not feeding my ger totally on FM .. i dun seem to c her putting on wt ..
anywae she put on 300g 13days from birth..is that considered fattening?
mabe can ask ur PD 2 suggest?

mummies,
is any mummies here co-sleeping with your baby?
I have been sleeping with my baby for the past 2 nights. I let her suckle while I sleep. think will become a habit like my elder one but no choice, she slept a lot in the daytime and wants to feed from 6pm till 10pm and still not satisfied to settle in on her own in her cot at 10plus, 11pm. I tried very hard and make her feed more during the daytime, every 1-2hrs, I will let her suckle on 2 breasts and I try to disturb her during the day so that she will sleep for longer stretch in the night time but she is still more wakeful in the evening and night time. yesterday night, she suckled to sleep at 1030pm, then she made noises at 2am and then at 430am, then 6am. is she waking up more often than other babies? I decided to co-sleep with her so that I won't feel pressurised by my confinement lady to give her FM. does anyone of you have the same problem?

tub, PM you.

jasmine, the name is Benzac AC2.5% gel. But mine is baby acne.. whole face covered. V jialat. When I just apply the med, I'll swaddle him up. So his hands cant rub his face. Now all the pimples subside liao.. but face still red red.

csi_fan, oh like tt ah. Then mine dunno how... ya loh, if the level so low.. see him get poked for nothing so poor thing. But mine was 164.. still not tt low hor? Maybe better to bring him back.

hi mummies,

there are so many postings i cant finish reading but i caught a glimsp of those of u who taking abt ur BM drying up. is it:

1. u are supplementing with FM? (so ur body will produce less coz ur bb is drawing less from you)
2. you slept thru the night, w/o pumping or latching bb on? (from 1am to 5am is the time our body produce most milk. so if you did not pump or latch on during this period, ur milk supply will dip)
3. you empty ur breast at interval longer then 3hrly? (this is the rule of thumb.. if stretch longer, supply may not catch up)

if any of the above 3 is true for you, its not you have not enough BM, its probably ur body is signaling you dont need so much milk, thus produce less.

hello mamrumi,
congrats and welcome!
happy.gif

bluelily,
my baby still got jaundice though it has gone down. now it's at 208micromols (12 at the tenths scale). my pD said no need to go back to polyclinic to poke liao. Yours should be ok liao.

ladies,
u know ar, for the past 4days, every single evening, every 1-1.5hrs interval, i got to be a latch-on cow to my baby. he drinks non stop for one whole hr. he doesn't sleep during the later afternoon hours. think this growth spurt better end soon or i am going nuts liao.

mongs,
on day one, my CL told me that FM is better than BM. actually i find that FM is to her convinience. buay tahan. Told her no matter what the similac that i bought would stay unopened. (i bought for emergency onli
happy.gif
)and i want totally latch on even at night. i am not co-sleeping with baby. anyway, my CL brings him in when he's awake and i feed and transport him back to CL's room. I was going thru the same timing as u until when bb is almost 1wk old, he settled for nite feeding hrs of ard 12am, 3am and 7am. now i'm feeding bottle once a day with EBM during my massage session. the rest of it, i latch on.

csi_fan - think will get the milk bags fr you. can I get 2 boxes first? duno whether too much or too little as am currently storin my frozen one in glass bottles.

how many r u getting?

hi jeelo, i hv problem with CL too. not that she's not good. she just not very-pro BM. i find it more difficult to talk to as compared to my MIL. To tell her off is like so paisay. Now i managed to pump only 40-50ml per sessions. very pathetic. but at least better than nothing. sigh. eat fenugreek, eat papaya fish soup, eat annum still so pathetic supply. sigh!

ankh,
yup mine is e pigeon rapid electric sterilizer.. any idea how 2 clean it?

slimz,
ya lol... now, me damn worried.. is not even past 1 mth yet... haiz... how can she get all the immunity? 300gm 13 days post delivery, i presume is not fatening ba.. mine put on 300gm in less den 10days...

blessed,
thanks... but, i did pump @ 3am when my ger wakes up. pumping now @ 3hr interval. intially, is 4hr. m not supplementing wif FM yet.. but, if it still goes on like dis... if my ger intake increases... no choice gotto supplement le.

bluelily,
e medicine u applied.. issit strong on e kid skin? my ger tends to wriggle out both her hands n legs despite how tightly i swaddle her... my ger has small pimples on the face... umm... wonder when would it disappear.

pretty,
i ate durians le.. haha.. s is not a 'liang' food ma.

oh ya... anyone hase same prob s me.. i got difficulty in coaxing my ger to sleep... she will cry from 10+pm to mayb midnight.. den, doze off.. at first i thought is wind.. but, is not leh.. is not hunger 2... how ah?

oh, will bb get constipated? wads e color of e poo? mine is yellow in color wif a bit of substance.. issit consider norm?

me! i had durians during confinement. :p

still continue to breastfeed baby after eating durian..... durian milk ! kekeke

constance,

yeah... ameda is more quiet. As for the amount the pump can draw out, the amt is not the same for me... at first my bb latch more on my left breast. So my left breast got more milk.. so i now only pump out milk and dunno y now my right breast got more... The difference of amt is not big (for my case)...

hi jasmine i think bb also will get constipation that time my bb just discharge from jaundice the bb doc advice not to bf first so i go on fm for 2 days..bb got constipation and 1 whole day nv poo..in the end at night he keep farting and cry..

the next day i call the doc she told me cuz bb stomach got wind and fm harder to digest

pretty,
my colleague was telling me that when she ate durian, her milk supply actually increase. maybe you can let us know if this work for you.

jeelomolo,
thanks for sharing. I think I want to start putting her at her cot because I am afraid she may not be used to the cot after co-sleeping with me for long. think maybe next week when my milk is more stable. tomorrow she will be 1 week old.

would durians make baby poo and pee stink?! hehehee... i long time oso never eat durian liao.

today my bb driving me nuts again. he has been awake since 3pm today and hasn't caught a wink and has been crying whenever he's not picked up or latched on. and i have been plug n play cow to him the whole afternoon/evening. anyone knows what to do with such cases?

hi mummies

sorry to interrupt. im a sept mummy and have the following to let go:-

1)MommyPoko NB 30pcs/pk at $9/pk
self collect at Telok Blangah Heights

2)Gerber Milk Bag (zip lock type) 1box of 25 at $6.50 - self collect at Telok Blangah Heights/Post (charges born by buyer)

3) Avent Breast Shells - $15
- self collect at Telok Blangah Heights/Post (charges born by buyer)

pls ct me via email: [email protected]
thk u! Cheers!!

Hi missylan
Do you pump every 3hrly?? Like what blessed says, if pump regularly, shldn't be drying up..

Hmmm... can any mummies tell me how the Ameda compare against Avent Manual?? Is it just as comfortable?

Hi jeelomeelo
Yeah, i think it is not easy to find CL who is pro breastfeeding. To them, FM is a faster way of preparing BB feed. My CL, who is my aunt, dun want me to latch bb directly. She wants to monitor how much bb drinks, so i gotta express lor. But one good thing is, i only have to wake up once at nite, ard 3am, to pump. She will take care of bb's nite feeds. If EBM not enuff, she will feed FM lor.

blessed,
Hahaha... 1-2 is yes and 3 is no! I pumped 4 hours interval. At night too tired to wake up to pump lah...

blessed..
opps.. i fail all 3 .. my bb's on FM since day 1 coz i had difficulty latching her (inverted nipples) oni wen BM comes in from pumping den supplement FM..she no wan latch-on at all..
and i zzz thru the nite sometimes despite setting alarm clock to wake up =P
and i pump 5hrs interval..coz doing confinement wif MIL..not veri convenient 2 pump too often else she'll ve 2 c 2 bb's cries wen i pumping..

1 day neber log on, so much to catch up on this thread.

Super tired cos bb was cranky 2 nites ago. She's waking up every hr n gotta feed her. My EBM supply running low so fast n I too tired to express more often. I din get to sleep well. How to hv more BM like that?

HB sees me so tired still must spend hrs expressing BM, he's considering to buy me the electric pump that can pump both breasts at the same time. But I wonder if how long I can last expressing BM. Really feel like giving up at times.

Yesterday, tried to let my bb latch on directly (she was crying so much even tho she just been fed EBM n din want to keep bottle feeding her). She cld latch on n sucked for 5-10mins, then she started to cry again. After half hr, I gave up. HB then made 60ml of FM n fed her. Then she fell asleep. Sigh... looks like latching on is not going to work.

CSI_Fan & bluelily, for polyclinic, they only will stop asking u to go back to test for jaundice when the level drops to below 100. Mine dropped to 87 on 21Dec, so no need to go back liao. Hurray!

mong, tho my bb doesn't latch on directly, I still sleep besides her or at least in the same room so that I can attend to her easily. She doesn't sleep in the cot (the cot is placed downstairs in the living room where she sleeps in the day), she sleeps on the bed.

Naf, my left breast produced more milk than my right breast. I tried to pump more from right breast to stimulate more milk production but till date, its still the same.

missylan, slimz, I only expressed 3 times a day, also too tired to wake up in the middle of the nite to express BM, today is exception, just finished the 3am bottle feed, decide to express milk else later EBM supply not enough for the rest of the day. Gosh, how time flies, so much to catch up on this thread that its already 5am n I still haven't finished expressing, no need to sleep liao *sob* *sob*

Fanny, I supplement my bb wz Mamex Gold too. Din realised that there's 2 types of Mamex Gold. So far, din hv problem too. She poos a lot, almost after every feed.

In another 2wks time, hb going back to work n I got to take care of 2 kids on my own, dunno how am I going to cope.

Hen,
what was the reason when you stopped direct latching and only expressing?
I fine direct latching more convenient. don't need to sterilise and heat up the milk. also I don't like to stare at the pump for 30mins or so but I have no problem latching her directly and sitting in front of the tv for 1 hr and relax while she feed. Maybe you want to bring her to see a lactation consultant and try to latch her on again. it's very useful. I know of mothers who visited Yen Peng at KKH and managed to go back to direct latching. of course, there maybe some difficulty at first but it's definitely more convenient at night and can maintain your milk supply. Your baby is also more efficient in emptying your breasts.

limko,
congrats! it's a christmas baby! I also have a christmas baby 2 years ago but this year, missed it by a few days. hee!

Updated on 28 Dec 2007

CONGRATS TO ALL MUMMIES!
<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>ID</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gynea</TD><TD>Hosp.</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB's name</TD><TD> BB's Wt/Ht</TD><TD>Delivery Type </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>cookiemz</TD><TD>24 Dec</TD><TD>14 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>2.26kg</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Florence</TD><TD>27 Nov</TD><TD>15 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Wynn</TD><TD>3.06kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>fairylander</TD><TD>10 Dec</TD><TD>15 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr KW Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Cathrina</TD><TD>1.628kg/41cm</TD><TD>E Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>steffietan</TD><TD>4 Dec</TD><TD>16 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Alexis</TD><TD>2.53kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>zola</TD><TD>1 Dec</TD><TD>16 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.18kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>9 Dec</TD><TD>17 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural w vaccum </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>7 Dec</TD><TD>18 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Issac</TD><TD>2.9kg/48cm</TD><TD>Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>bbtree</TD><TD>3 Dec</TD><TD>21 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Ziyang</TD><TD>2.610kg/49cm</TD><TD>Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>fanny</TD><TD>4 Dec</TD><TD>22 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Cayenne</TD><TD>2.705kg/47cm</TD><TD> Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>dodo</TD><TD>17 Dec</TD><TD>23 Nov</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font> &amp; <font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Alonzo &amp; Alena</TD><TD> 2.8kg &amp; 2.2kg</TD><TD>Csect </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Elaine</TD><TD>4 Dec</TD><TD>23 Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.1kg</TD><TD>Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>CryStaLZ</TD><TD>9 Dec</TD><TD>23 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Amberly</TD><TD>2.975kg</TD><TD>Natural w LG </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Blessed</TD><TD>10 Dec</TD><TD>24 Nov</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> 3.03Kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Witty</TD><TD>4 Dec</TD><TD>26 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Sadahna</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Dwayne</TD><TD>2.940kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Jean</TD><TD>19 Dec</TD><TD>27 Nov</TD><TD> 1</TD><TD>Dr Arthur Tseng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Declan</TD><TD>3.34kg/52cm</TD><TD>C-sect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD> Etelle</TD><TD>2 Dec</TD><TD>27 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Evan Luah</TD><TD>3.915kg</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Chanechane</TD><TD>11 Dec</TD><TD>28 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD> Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Ezanne</TD><TD>3.09kg/49cm</TD><TD> E Csect </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Higgledy</TD><TD>10 Dec</TD><TD>28 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Aidan</TD><TD>2.93kg</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Gloomybear</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>28 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD> Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Arielle</TD><TD>2.85kg/48cm</TD><TD> Natural with epi &amp; vaccum </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Claire Liu</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>29 Nov </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr LH Chen</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Yu Ru</TD><TD> 2.85kg/ 52cm</TD><TD> Csect with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Gina</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>29 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr TB Lim</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Luke</TD><TD>3.385kg</TD><TD> Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>missylan</TD><TD>29 Nov</TD><TD> 30 Nov</TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> Dr Teoh Eng Soon</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>JiaKai</TD><TD>3.42kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>agnes</TD><TD>13 Dec</TD><TD>1 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Avelyn </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>tub</TD><TD>2 Dec</TD><TD>2 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr MP Lim &amp; Dr TB Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>De Rui Sumana</TD><TD>2.765kg</TD><TD> Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>bluelily</TD><TD>27 Dec</TD><TD>5 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Jerrell Low</TD><TD>2.74kg/48cm</TD><TD> Natural w LG </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>jeelomeelo</TD><TD>20 Dec</TD><TD>5 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Mary Yang</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Shawn</TD><TD>2.88kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>hen</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>5 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>A/Prof John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Kaylen</TD><TD>3.195kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>PB</TD><TD>27 Dec</TD><TD>6 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Eshan</TD><TD>3.7kg</TD><TD>Ecsect </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>slimz</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>6 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.045kg/48cm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Linda</TD><TD>20 Dec</TD><TD>7 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Jovan</TD><TD> 3.345kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>alien</TD><TD>7 Dec</TD><TD>7 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Malcolm</TD><TD> 4.045kg/53cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>babyterelle</TD><TD>20 Dec</TD><TD>7 dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Thane</TD><TD>3.365kg/50cm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>CSI_Fan</TD><TD>7 Dec</TD><TD>8 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Louisa</TD><TD>3.482kg/49cm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>22 Dec</TD><TD>8 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Cal G</TD><TD>15 Dec</TD><TD>8 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Hii</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Crystabel</TD><TD>3.05kg/50cm</TD><TD> Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Wee Swee Kim Rachel</TD><TD>6 Dec</TD><TD>9 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Jerielle</TD><TD>3.37kg/51cm</TD><TD> Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>jasmine</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>10 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Jazzell</TD><TD>3.11kg/51cm</TD><TD> Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>miorei</TD><TD>21 Dec</TD><TD>10 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr BH Woo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Cheryl</TD><TD>3.330kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>pierced</TD><TD>15 Dec</TD><TD>11 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>3.145kg</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>jubeck</TD><TD></TD><TD>11 Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>3.125kg/50cm</TD><TD> Assisted delivery w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>cocoangel</TD><TD>19 Dec</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Kyrell Tan</TD><TD>3.27kg/48cm</TD><TD> Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>mama_ash</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Adwin</TD><TD>3.948kg/53cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Amy</TD><TD></TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Jester Leow</TD><TD>2.805kg/50cm</TD><TD>Ecsect </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>ankh</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>13 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Emma</TD><TD>3.32kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>naf</TD><TD>30 Dec</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr YY Tan</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Qi Jie</TD><TD>2.145kg</TD><TD>Csect </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Petrina</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Mikaela</TD><TD>3.040kg/50cm</TD><TD> Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>my angel</TD><TD>29 Dec</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.12kg/49cm</TD><TD> Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Sassy</TD><TD>22 Jan</TD><TD>15 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Danelle</TD><TD>2.215kg</TD><TD> Csect w GA </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>split</TD><TD>7 Jan</TD><TD>15 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD>Dr Jothi Kumar</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Corbin Go JiaLe</TD><TD>1.875kg/47cm</TD><TD> Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Rach</TD><TD>27 Dec</TD><TD>16 Dec</TD><TD> 2</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD>2.89kg/48cm</TD><TD> Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>kat</TD><TD>21 Dec</TD><TD>17 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Yong Tze Tein</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>2.295kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>cloverluv</TD><TD>15 Dec</TD><TD> 17 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Phyllis Liauw</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Javis</TD><TD>3.065kg/49cm</TD><TD>Ecsect </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>botanist</TD><TD>23 Dec</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr KH Chan</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Dylan</TD><TD>3.47kg/53cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>belle08</TD><TD>1 Jan</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr TB Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.08kg/51cm</TD><TD> Csect </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Constance</TD><TD>28 Dec</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Dr PS Lui</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Rhaines Lim Jie Yu</TD><TD>2.805kg/50cm</TD><TD> Csect w GA </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>BBnGG</TD><TD>11 Dec</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr TC Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Joshua</TD><TD>3.52kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Steffi</TD><TD></TD><TD>19 Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.175kg</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>mongs</TD><TD>24 Dec</TD><TD>21 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.36kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>LingLingLuvZoe</TD><TD>29 Dec</TD><TD>21 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Ayden</TD><TD>3.745kg</TD><TD>Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>ginger</TD><TD>1 Jan</TD><TD>21 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Joan Thong</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> 2.990kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>leejo</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>23 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr KW Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Ethan</TD><TD>3.43kg</TD><TD> Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>limko</TD><TD>31 Dec</TD><TD>25 Dec</TD><TD> 1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Caleb</TD><TD>3.475kg</TD><TD>Natural w epi</td></tr></table>

Do let me know if you have delivered and not update in this list yet…

blessed, regarding BM.. 1 and 2 is true for me. No wonder my supply dropping. :p But I notice eating more fish does help abit.

jeelo, ur PD say no need to go back polyclinic to check the jaundice level liao ah? Then still need to go back PD for followup? Cos I only bring him to polyclinic to see doc now.. din go PD.
Wah u latch on so often.. v tiring leh! Like tt dunno how much bb drinks... I find it diffiult to estimate leh.

jasmine, the medI dunno how strong it is. But bb skin seem to start peeling abit.. dunno izzit natural due to the healing or the med. Anyway, I got the med from PD.. dun think can buy off the shelve also. So u can check with ur PD.

Congrats limko for ur Christmas bb! I also wanted leh.. but bb came 3 wks early. haha!

pretty, go for sweetest moments! i just placed an order to them for my bb's full mth next weekend. if u want to order from them, bttr order before 1.1.2008, understand they are increasing prices after 1st Jan.

jeelo,

I think your baby is going through growth spurt at 3 weeks. your baby maybe tanking up for the night? Did he sleep through the night after that?
I remember I feed my elder gal very frequently throughout the whole confinement month esp in the evening from 6-10pm. however, I realise that she is tanking up during that period and also a bit fussy during this period.

Mummies,
Just read the gina ford book and baby supposed to be kept awake for 2 hrs after the 7am feed, my baby is the opp, she slept very soundly after the 7am feed because she is very full and satisfied after the morning feed when I have the most amount of milk. don't know how to keep baby awake. what do you mummies do to keep baby awake?

crysalz,
thanks for the suggestion but according to the book, she should be awake from 7am to about 9am after her 7am feed and then from 9am to 10am, she can nap for a short while before bathing her and then giver her another feed at 1030am. the baby should be doing some more exercise for another 45mins before her lunch nap at 12 to 2pm. I was thinking where got so much activity to keep her occupied, I have talking to her and playing music for her to listen. Sometimes when she is not sleeping, she will root for milk, not sure if she is full but even when given a full feed, she will be still rooting and then when I put her at my breast, she will fall asleep.

blessed,

I passed all 3 points that you mentioned but baby still root when she is awake so I am not sure if she is full. however, she is passing motion 4-5times everyday with same number or more wet diapers. she is also gaining weight so I think she should be having sufficient BM but I don't know why she keep rooting.

mongs,

but oso must see the child leh... my girl tends to sleep after feeding... no matter what i do she oso sleep. So sometimes i just let her Zzzz.

Hi mongs
My bb also roots whenever he is awake. CL feeding him EBM from bottle. Since can see the qty, so definitely enuff.

Hi blessed
you must have ended your confinement already. How r u coping with the 3 kids?
I have been pumping every 3hrly during the daytime, starting from 6am to 12mn. Then once at 3am at nite. Total 6-8 sessions per day, but still barely able to meet my bb's supply. Sometimes he drinks every 2 hrly. Sigh.
sad.gif

Sigh. I think December is not a good mth to do confinement. All the year end sales adv in the newspaper are making me feel depressed. Cannot go out for shopping....
sad.gif

Constance,
so after your CL feed him EBM, is he happy when he is awake and stop rooting? I called the lactation consultant at kkh for advice. she has yet to call me back. i am not sure if she root for my breast so that she can go to sleep. she root just now when she was awake for about 1 hr. thought she is hungry but upon putting her at my breast, she fell asleep and when I tried to disturb her so that she can be more wakeful, she became angry and cry a bit.

hi, my bb also keep rooting. my CL keeps telling me why your bb always hungry one. i also duno if she's hungry or wat. i tried to let her latch on when she's rooting...sometimes she takes it sometimes she dont...nowadays, when she starts rooting, i will carry her and walk walk around in the house...that helps abit...

just talked to the lactation consultant. she says root means hungry so just keep feeding her. the cluster feeding from 6pm to 10pm is quite normal. I think I must really do something to make her feed more in the daytime and sleep less but she is not happy when i disturb her too much. aiya, very difficult to change their schedule, think really have to make them cry a bit in order to make the change.

Mongs
Usu he will fall asleep after feed. But within the next hour or so, if he is still awake, rooting starts again. We tried to distract him by talking to him or play music. Sometimes it works, but sometimes he will just wail. Actually the easy way out is to use pacifier. But me and hb decided this time round we are not going to let bb suck pacifier, cos it took us quite awhile to make my 2nd one kick the habit. Dun wanna start again....

pretty,
thanks for sharing but I am afraid that she will want to be carried very frequently. we have this problem with my elder girl when she was more than 3 mths old. very fussy and wants to be carried all the time. I want to start my younger one on routine earlier so that she will be easier to managed when my MIL take over.

Hi,

Have given birth on Christmas Eve. Pls help to update the following:

Date: 24 Dec 07
Weight: 3.400 kg
Length: 50cm
Delivery Type: Natural w epi

Thanks!

constance,
my elder gal rejected pacifier but she treated my breast as her pacifier, she always want to suckle to sleep so I am more for pacifier than breast because I can have more freedom.
I also see the difficulty that some parents face when their toddlers refuse to give it up. sometimes, some 3 year old still sucking, very ugly. think need to discuss with my hubby if we should give pacifier.

Naf, okie. noted.
happy.gif

Constance, agreed...December is such a depressing month to do confinement. Missing out on all the sales manz...

ankh, can PM me the cleaning instructions too pls? Thanks!

Back