(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

Thanks ladies.

Could I ask how does the umbilical area looks like aft cord is dropped off? For my 1st one, it dropped half out and ended up pd got to put some blue crystal on baby umbilical and disolve in it. Then aft that forgot put wat liao.

Now quite scare to clean the area with the alcohol swap aft the bleeding leh...also worried that it will drop half out and the other half inside...haiz....

afternoon tried to feed baby fr avent bottle with the Nan HA 1 milk poured from the glass bottle and baby drank abt 45ml but hor kept vomit out a lot of times and also din wan to drink. Ended up I latch him on and he drank more till he feel asleep abt 10mins later.

Anyone having more milk supply from one breast? I think my right is producing more as I let my son drank from right breast late evening then went to take a nap and ended up right breast quite full and left breast still soft even though din latch baby on left side or pump out leh...scare my breast 1 big and 1 small! hahaha

mothers wat bras are u all wearing while nursing huh?
i seems to b having problem with the bras dat i have currently..(bot from wacoal) it doesn't seems 2 have much support .. my breasts ultra saggy wen i stare at myself in the mirror leh

jasmine,
Wah!Your PD charge so expensive for the 6-in-1 ah! My PD at Raffles Hospital charges $420 only, cheaper than KKH also..

Hi Mummies,

I've finally delivered!! Bb was overdue by 5 days...just came back home yesterday...getting used to the little one's routine...

Hi Linda,
Appreciate if you could help to update the info:

leejo
EDD: 18 Dec 07
Actual: 23 Dec 07
1st Baby
Gynae: Dr KW Lee
Hos: GlenE
Name: Ethan
Bb wt: 3.43kg
Delivery type: Natural w/epi

Thanks Linda!! Will catch up with the mummies in the forum again...Congratulations to all once again!!

hen,

hmm thanks for the info. Yup, my son is putting on weight fast! He was 3.47 when born, left hospital at 3.33kg and when we went for PD visit 2 days later, he was 3.74kg!! I was abit shocked... haha must be the FM...

Maybe I will switch to Mamex Gold later on, if he continues to plump up so fast. HOpefully, my BM will be able to meet his demands soon so I wont need to rely on FM for part of his feed.

Updated on 26 Dec 2007

CONGRATS TO ALL MUMMIES!
<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>ID</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gynea</TD><TD>Hosp.</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB's name</TD><TD> BB's Wt/Ht</TD><TD>Delivery Type </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>cookiemz</TD><TD>24 Dec</TD><TD>14 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>2.26kg</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Florence</TD><TD>27 Nov</TD><TD>15 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Wynn</TD><TD>3.06kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>fairylander</TD><TD>10 Dec</TD><TD>15 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr KW Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Cathrina</TD><TD>1.628kg/41cm</TD><TD>E Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>steffietan</TD><TD>4 Dec</TD><TD>16 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Alexis</TD><TD>2.53kg/48cm</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>zola</TD><TD>1 Dec</TD><TD>16 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.18kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>9 Dec</TD><TD>17 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural w vaccum </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>7 Dec</TD><TD>18 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Issac</TD><TD>2.9kg/48cm</TD><TD>Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>bbtree</TD><TD>3 Dec</TD><TD>21 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Ziyang</TD><TD>2.610kg/49cm</TD><TD>Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>fanny</TD><TD>4 Dec</TD><TD>22 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Cayenne</TD><TD>2.705kg/47cm</TD><TD> Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>dodo</TD><TD>17 Dec</TD><TD>23 Nov</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font> &amp; <font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Alonzo &amp; Alena</TD><TD> 2.8kg &amp; 2.2kg</TD><TD>Csect </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Elaine</TD><TD>4 Dec</TD><TD>23 Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.1kg</TD><TD>Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>CryStaLZ</TD><TD>9 Dec</TD><TD>23 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Amberly</TD><TD>2.975kg</TD><TD>Natural w LG </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Blessed</TD><TD>10 Dec</TD><TD>24 Nov</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> 3.03Kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Witty</TD><TD>4 Dec</TD><TD>26 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Sadahna</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Dwayne</TD><TD>2.940kg/50cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Jean</TD><TD>19 Dec</TD><TD>27 Nov</TD><TD> 1</TD><TD>Dr Arthur Tseng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Declan</TD><TD>3.34kg/52cm</TD><TD>C-sect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD> Etelle</TD><TD>2 Dec</TD><TD>27 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Evan Luah</TD><TD>3.915kg</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Chanechane</TD><TD>11 Dec</TD><TD>28 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD> Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Ezanne</TD><TD>3.09kg/49cm</TD><TD> E Csect </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Higgledy</TD><TD>10 Dec</TD><TD>28 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Aidan</TD><TD>2.93kg</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Gloomybear</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>28 Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD> Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Arielle</TD><TD>2.85kg/48cm</TD><TD> Natural with epi &amp; vaccum </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Claire Liu</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>29 Nov </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr LH Chen</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Yu Ru</TD><TD> 2.85kg/ 52cm</TD><TD> Csect with epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Gina</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>29 Nov</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr TB Lim</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Luke</TD><TD>3.385kg</TD><TD> Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>missylan</TD><TD>29 Nov</TD><TD> 30 Nov</TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> Dr Teoh Eng Soon</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>JiaKai</TD><TD>3.42kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>agnes</TD><TD>13 Dec</TD><TD>1 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Avelyn </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>tub</TD><TD>2 Dec</TD><TD>2 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr MP Lim &amp; Dr TB Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>De Rui Sumana</TD><TD>2.765kg</TD><TD> Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>bluelily</TD><TD>27 Dec</TD><TD>5 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Jerrell Low</TD><TD>2.74kg/48cm</TD><TD> Natural w LG </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>jeelomeelo</TD><TD>20 Dec</TD><TD>5 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Mary Yang</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Shawn</TD><TD>2.88kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>hen</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>5 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>A/Prof John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Kaylen</TD><TD>3.195kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>PB</TD><TD>27 Dec</TD><TD>6 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Eshan</TD><TD>3.7kg</TD><TD>Ecsect </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>slimz</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>6 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.045kg/48cm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Linda</TD><TD>20 Dec</TD><TD>7 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Jovan</TD><TD> 3.345kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>alien</TD><TD>7 Dec</TD><TD>7 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Malcolm</TD><TD> 4.045kg/53cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>babyterelle</TD><TD>20 Dec</TD><TD>7 dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Thane</TD><TD>3.365kg/50cm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>CSI_Fan</TD><TD>7 Dec</TD><TD>8 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Louisa</TD><TD>3.482kg/49cm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>22 Dec</TD><TD>8 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Cal G</TD><TD>15 Dec</TD><TD>8 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Hii</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Crystabel</TD><TD>3.05kg/50cm</TD><TD> Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Wee Swee Kim Rachel</TD><TD>6 Dec</TD><TD>9 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Jerielle</TD><TD>3.37kg/51cm</TD><TD> Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>jasmine</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>10 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Jazzell</TD><TD>3.11kg/51cm</TD><TD> Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>miorei</TD><TD>21 Dec</TD><TD>10 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr BH Woo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Cheryl</TD><TD>3.330kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>pierced</TD><TD>15 Dec</TD><TD>11 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>3.145kg</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>jubeck</TD><TD></TD><TD>11 Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>3.125kg/50cm</TD><TD> Assisted delivery w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>cocoangel</TD><TD>19 Dec</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Kyrell Tan</TD><TD>3.27kg/48cm</TD><TD> Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>mama_ash</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Adwin</TD><TD>3.948kg/53cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Amy</TD><TD></TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Jester Leow</TD><TD>2.805kg/50cm</TD><TD>Ecsect </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>ankh</TD><TD>12 Dec</TD><TD>13 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Emma</TD><TD>3.32kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>naf</TD><TD>30 Dec</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr YY Tan</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Qi Jie</TD><TD>2.145kg</TD><TD>Csect </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Petrina</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Mikaela</TD><TD>3.040kg/50cm</TD><TD> Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>my angel</TD><TD>29 Dec</TD><TD>14 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.12kg/49cm</TD><TD> Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Sassy</TD><TD>22 Jan</TD><TD>15 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Danelle</TD><TD>2.215kg</TD><TD> Csect w GA </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>split</TD><TD>7 Jan</TD><TD>15 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD>Dr Jothi Kumar</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Corbin Go JiaLe</TD><TD>1.875kg/47cm</TD><TD> Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Rach</TD><TD>27 Dec</TD><TD>16 Dec</TD><TD> 2</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD>2.89kg/48cm</TD><TD> Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>kat</TD><TD>21 Dec</TD><TD>17 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Yong Tze Tein</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>2.295kg/49cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>cloverluv</TD><TD>15 Dec</TD><TD> 17 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Phyllis Liauw</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Javis</TD><TD>3.065kg/49cm</TD><TD>Ecsect </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>botanist</TD><TD>23 Dec</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr KH Chan</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Dylan</TD><TD>3.47kg/53cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>belle08</TD><TD>1 Jan</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr TB Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.08kg/51cm</TD><TD> Csect </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Constance</TD><TD>28 Dec</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Dr PS Lui</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>2.805kg/50cm</TD><TD> Csect w GA </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>BBnGG</TD><TD>11 Dec</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr TC Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Joshua</TD><TD>3.52kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Steffi</TD><TD></TD><TD>19 Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.175kg</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>mongs</TD><TD>24 Dec</TD><TD>21 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.36kg/52cm</TD><TD>Natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>LingLingLuvZoe</TD><TD>29 Dec</TD><TD>21 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Ayden</TD><TD>3.745kg</TD><TD>Csect w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>ginger</TD><TD>1 Jan</TD><TD>21 Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Joan Thong</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> 2.990kg/51cm</TD><TD>Natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>leejo</TD><TD>18 Dec</TD><TD>23 Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr KW Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>Ethan</TD><TD>3.43kg</TD><TD> Natural w epi</td></tr></table>

Do let me know if you have delivered and not update in this list yet…

Hi Jasmine
wow, that's very ex leh.
My bb's pd charge conventional vaccination, 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 all at $440 per package (from newborn-12mth old). She has another vaccination package for 12-18mth old. Dunno whether your pd includes from newborn to 18mth?? Anyway, i will not be giving my bb rotavirus. Will be letting him have the 4 pneumococcal jabs instead. My 4yr old son's childcare classmate contacted the pneumococcal disease, still in ICU (for more than 3 mths already!). So i very scared...

Haha Naf
better try to balance your breast size by stimulating the smaller one via latching or pumping more. Dat's what happen to me for my 1st kid. He prefered the right side only and i didn't really bother to empty out the other side. Ended up with one side big and the other side small. Only resume normal after i stopped bfeeding.
sad.gif

Hi DarEve
Why dun you try calling your gynae??

slimz,
I have lumps when I fed my first gal and it doesn't go away. in fact, I went to the lactation consultant at kkh, Yen Peng and she tried to massage out the milk for me but can't remove them all. it gets smaller when baby suck but go back after a while. the lactation consultant at gleneagles said that it maybe because I breastfeed every night lying down so got some blockage. it will be better if you go and see a lactation consultant to massage out the milk and you try to use hot towel and massage it yourself. If you have cracked nipple, it may lead to mastitis, inflammation of the breast. I gotten that twice when I breastfed my elder gal. Very painful.

re: bras
I am wearing the nursing bras from impressions. no wires. The impt thing now is not to have too much restrictions on your breasts because you don't want to have blocked ducts. some of my friends don't even wear bras during confinement. my breasts sagged after I stopped breastfeeding my elder gal. think I will invest in good bras after I stop breastfeeding.

ankh,
good to hear that baby is sleeping well in between feeds now. ya, maybe the baby is not comfortable in the cot. my elder gal also very particular about the environment she is in, she perspires very easily. this younger one is better. I don't even need to on the fan for her.

Botanist,
I also heard that babies who drink wyeth put on quite a bit of weight. I heard that similac is the closest to BM in terms of taste but it's also a bit heaty. My elder gal has been supplemented with similac at times and then similac follow-on and gain iq.

hen, CSI_fan,
I will be going out everyday from next week onwards to send my elder gal to sch. no choice, no one to do that so I will be making 2 trips everyday to her sch. we also go out for check-ups. no choice have to go out. I told my confinement lady and she is quite open to that. I think it's very common nowsday.

Mummies,
we celebrated my elder girl's birthday yesterday. had birthday and christmas log cake from cake avenue. my PIL, BIL, SIL, nephew and niece all came over to sing happy birthday song for her and help to open her present. I also dressed her in a pretty dress. she seems very happy with the attention. my 5 days old baby slept throughout the noise.

Although I have a confinement lady and the plan was to let her take care of the baby at night and bring the baby to me when she is hungry, she couldn't sleep at 10+pm so i decided to bring her to my bed and kept feeding her while lying down. it's not so tiring for me and I don't need to give her FM. my confinement lady was suggesting that we give her FM every night so that she can sleep better and I can rest but I don't think I want to do that. I want to make sure she was enough milk from me.

slimz,
I have lumps when I fed my first gal and it doesn't go away. in fact, I went to the lactation consultant at kkh, Yen Peng and she tried to massage out the milk for me but can't remove them all. it gets smaller when baby suck but go back after a while. the lactation consultant at gleneagles said that it maybe because I breastfeed every night lying down so got some blockage. it will be better if you go and see a lactation consultant to massage out the milk and you try to use hot towel and massage it yourself. If you have cracked nipple, it may lead to mastitis, inflammation of the breast. I gotten that twice when I breastfed my elder gal. Very painful.

re: bras
I am wearing the nursing bras from impressions. no wires. The impt thing now is not to have too much restrictions on your breasts because you don't want to have blocked ducts. some of my friends don't even wear bras during confinement. my breasts sagged after I stopped breastfeeding my elder gal. think I will invest in good bras after I stop breastfeeding.

ankh,
good to hear that baby is sleeping well in between feeds now. ya, maybe the baby is not comfortable in the cot. my elder gal also very particular about the environment she is in, she perspires very easily. this younger one is better. I don't even need to on the fan for her.

Botanist,
I also heard that babies who drink wyeth put on quite a bit of weight. I heard that similac is the closest to BM in terms of taste but it's also a bit heaty. My elder gal has been supplemented with similac at times and then similac follow-on and gain iq.

hen, CSI_fan,
I will be going out everyday from next week onwards to send my elder gal to sch. no choice, no one to do that so I will be making 2 trips everyday to her sch. we also go out for check-ups. no choice have to go out. I told my confinement lady and she is quite open to that. I think it's very common nowsday.

Mummies,
we celebrated my elder girl's birthday yesterday. had birthday and christmas log cake from cake avenue. my PIL, BIL, SIL, nephew and niece all came over to sing happy birthday song for her and help to open her present. I also dressed her in a pretty dress. she seems very happy with the attention. my 5 days old baby slept throughout the noise.

Although I have a confinement lady and the plan was to let her take care of the baby at night and bring the baby to me when she is hungry, she couldn't sleep at 10+pm so i decided to bring her to my bed and kept feeding her while lying down. it's not so tiring for me and I don't need to give her FM. my confinement lady was suggesting that we give her FM every night so that she can sleep better and I can rest but I don't think I want to do that. I want to make sure she has enough milk from me.

Cord
Can use cord powder, bought 1 bottle from PD.

mong,
Massage alone is not going to work. I had lumps too. My massuer used hot stone to compress. The compress isn't comfy, quite painful. She did that while I was lying down... I feel sitting down and lying flat on mattress while doing the compress is different.

Cord
Can use cord powder, bought 1 bottle from PD.

mong,
Massage alone is not going to work. I had lumps too. My massuer used hot stone to compress. The compress isn't comfy, quite painful. She did that while I was lying down... I feel sitting down and lying flat on mattress while doing the compress is different.

naf,
umm.. i think my ger umbilical cord once it drop off... the umbilical area loks quite like our skin tone...

jean n constance,
wah... ur injection is so much cheaper... care to pm me the injection details? thanks...

slimz,
i bought mine from marks n spencer.. think is better... u might wanna go n take a look..

dareve,
think u will get contraction later... do watch out if ur waterbag burst.. if yes, admit straight... if contraction, wait till the frequency is 15 mins.. den admit. best wishes.

jasmine, i do take eggs and bread now. My mum and mil say can take wor.

Dareve, think u can admit to hospital le, call gynae while on ur way to hosp? Gynae advised me that either contraction 4 times or more within an hr or SHOW, have to admit hosp le..

Dareve, think u can admit to hospital le, call gynae while on ur way to hosp? Gynae advised me that either contraction 4 times or more within an hr or SHOW, have to admit hosp le..

Jasmine, I've been taking eggs everyday. but as for bread, it's conflicting...my ma says can eat. but my MIL says cannot coz there's yeast in bread and it's not good for confinement. I dunno lah. I just stick to biscuits lorh (dunno if biscuits have yeast or not).

mongs, hen...maybe coz this is ur #2 kid, so ur CL etc all quite open to u gals going out? heehee...mine is #1 and they are telling me "#1 must take care. First one, so confinement must do very well. Subsequent one not so kan cheong"...I dunno lah. hehs...

hello mummies,

any idea whether can we put the breast pump parts for medela swing into steam sterilizer? if yes, which are those parts that are safe?

thanks!

mummies
i also have prob latching my bb leh...i managed to pump out abt 80 to 90 ml each time.. but when i latch him on, he will suckle for abt half an hour then fall asleep and after a few mins, will cry for milk again..however, he can really sleep well when he feeds on my pumped out milk..

steffi,
how long you take to pump 80 to 90ml? is the amount for each feed? some babies feel the sucking motion is very comfortable and cozy and there is a tendency to sleep at breast but it's really better to latch them because their mouth is supposed to be more efficient in removing the milk.

Jasmine,
my confinement lady says eat bread after 2 weeks. I don't know why. I ate mee sua and oat porridge for breakfast. I ate my first egg today. today is my 6th day.

ah_bie,
i put everything into e steriliser except for the tube connected to the pump...

thanks...
will inform my mum.. haha... finally me able to take eggs le....

help!!
i realise the milk i express out contain some blood. the milk is not bloody red, jus some tint of red. can i still use the milk to feed bb? v reluctant to throw away cos it really tough for me to pump put the 30ml....
can someone pls advise....

keki,
you have cracked nipple?
still can let baby drink. my colleague used to have "strawberry" milk too and she continue to let her baby drink. I don't have such experience but I think the more you should let your baby drink coz it's your "blood and sweat"!

keki,

i'm not really sure but my cousin told me her baby drank the 'strawberry milk' and vomitted everything out. So better play safe and discard the milk.

to date, i've had to throw away any expressed milk that has been tinged with blood. Now, if i notice there is blood, quickly stop pumping and throw away the milk and start again... I find that if i apply Medela Pure Lan, the area that has cracked stops bleeding - i usually continue pumping the same breast and so far, have manage to use the milk that's pumped out (no longer red tinged).

mongs, milkingcow, jasmine:
tanks for advise on the lumps and bras..
i've been gg bra-less somedays..i put them on oni wen got visitors and i'm leaking milk =P so embrassing mah ..
had tried using warm towel to massage last nite, the lump seems to subside abit and more milk flow.. shall cont and c how..

CSI:
me been eating eggs every morning for breaky..my MIL oso said no bread coz of the yeast, say not gd for confinement..but i take cakes.. tot yeast oso part of the cake making ingredients? i not too sure coz i duno how to make cakes..

i heard from my malay massage lady tat malays dun nid to restrain from baths, outdoors, wind etc for confinement de..duno y chinese ve to
sad.gif
so miserable cant bath and shampooooooo

jaz23,

thanks!
happy.gif

the membranes r kind of delicate. very worried that it will melt under the heat. hahaha

how often do u replace the valves &amp; membranes?

Hi mummies
I have been taking bread every morning since i came back from hosp leh. My CL never say cannot eat bread leh, but I am not supposed to take sweet stuff like cakes or peanut butter, etc.

Hi slimz
you so Guai? never bath at all?
I am using the herbal bath for my daily bath, only never wash my hair. Not being able to wash hair is So Yucky!!!

Hi jasmine
What kinda vaccination details r you asking abt? I believe all 6-in-1 jabs r the same rite? I also read somewhere that 6-in-1 at polyclinics cost only $320. My bb's pd is Dr Lilian Lim from The Kids' Clinic at Rivermall, Sengkang. My 2 elder kids see her too.
happy.gif

Hi missylan
your elder kid starting sch at CM from 1st week Jan 08? Full or half day??
My dd going on 21/01/08, after my confinement over. thinking of switching from half to full day for her.

My Ameda breastpump motor spoilt! So suay...
Lucky i got a medela pump... But medela pump make my nipple super painful.. sianz gotta endure it!

slimz,
MUST wear nursing bra, ah boh next time your busts like papaya!

Constance,
Mine half day CC. Mine starting 02/01/08, can start so late one meh on 21/01?

hi mummies, may i know how do you guys supplement FM with BM? i only managed to pump 40-50ml per pump, and the CL mixed this with FM. Is it ok? or should she give the BM then follow by FM?

ah_bie,
welcome... i also thought the membrane looks pretty delicate.. i have checked wif the SA.. they say is all right to sterilize everything except for the tubes which r attached to the pump... think i will change it yr ba depends on the condition... not 2 worry about the melting, i have put mine into the steriliser.. no melting yet.

keki,
umm... m dinking y don't u wanna throw e milk away s ? infection? just my personal opinion.. though milk seems impt but bb health's more impt...

slimz,
gotto to wear nursing bra... o else like wad milking cow has mention.. the breast would sag... gotto protect it... i personally hate wearing bra to sleep but now no choice liaoz...

constance,
thought polyclinics onli provides 5 in 1 jab??

mongs/botanist/jasmine
thanks for d advices. juz talk to pd. he advised me to throw away d milk. sob sob. no choice. must limit d time i pump liao.

pretty,
I read about not mixing the BM and FM together. First let bb drink the BM, not enough then top up the balance with FM.

slimz, hahaha...yah me too. have eaten some cakes. but it's those cheescake types (not the sponge cakes type - dunno if that kind got yeast or not).

wah crystalz, ur breastpump motor so fast spoil ah? You must be having a good pumping session....heehee...got warranty? At least u have another pump...

Hi missylan
Usually can start CC on 1st or 15th of each mth if you wanna apply for MCYS working mum subsidy. Me no choice, cos confinement is until 18th Jan, so earliest to start her is 21st (Mon). Gotta forgo the subsidy for mth of Jan.
sad.gif
Going back to work on 18th Feb, worried DD can't get used, so start ASAP lor.

Yeah pretty
Not advisable to mix BM with FM. My CL will feed EBM to bb first, then prepare another bottle of FM.

Hi Jasmine
I read abt the cost of 6-in-1 jab for polyclinic from the Babycare book provided inside my bb's MAH diaper bag leh.

It seems that there's lots of different types of restrictions being placed on Chinese mummies hor? So confusing lah. For me, I ate bread wz butter. Been eating sweet stuff too (xmas log cake, chocolate, drink milo, Nestum, Mcdonalds, etc). Tried to be discipline during the 1st wk, now into 3rd wk, a bit cannot stand it liao. As for eggs, can eat what, esp fried egg wz ginger.

pretty, I don't mix BM wz FM. I wld give BM to bb during the day, use FM only for nite feeds.

CSI_Fan, I dun hv any CL or old folks wz me this time, so been naughty lor. If my mum is here, definitely no such freedom. For my #1 confinement, bcos of my mum's restriction, I quarrelled wz her n almost suffered frm post natal blues. This time, my mum decides to trust me n leave me alone to do my own confinement.

Hi mummies, tks for the reply. i read up in babycentre that the reason for not mixing is because of wastage if bb cannot finish the bottle and of course about the digestive process. BM is more easily digestiable than FM. Thus not advisable to mix. Sigh! i think i will hv a hard time to tell the CL not to mix. Sometimes my BM is only 30ml, to transfer to another bottle is so troublesome for her. so she always make sure that she makes less FM, and ensure bb finished the bottle to avoid wastage of BM.

me started eating eggs at wk2 of confinement. eat bread oso. confinement lady say can eat ma. she made ang koo kueh yesterday at my place. i oso ate a few of the coconut filling ones.

Back