(2007/11) November MTBs

poissons - The height given was 88.8cm when I was at the PD yesterday morning....heehee, all the fa fa fa
crazy.gif


2nd Birthday Bash - Looks like we are going to have it on Nov 1, Sun.....

Cindy - My EDD is Nov 8 but if i am having elective c-section, most likely i will pop at the end of Oct which is 3 months from now. I am hoping to have it on Nov though....
 


Hihi, need some advice ladies.

I am thinking of getting another breast pump, but dunno which to get. I bought an Ameda electric pump when I had JJ but because my nips are inverted, it was difficult for J to latch and the pump didn;t work too well, as in it didn't pump enough for JJ to drink. In the end, I gave up in 2.5 months. Now, I am thinking whether I should get another handheld one, cos I remembered my ex-coll telling me that she used an Avent manual and it was so easy for her. I dun wanna give up right now. But a bit scared of the bf process... if its gonna be as bad as the last time.. sigh... should i get another pump?
 
smilemum - i was using the ameda electric pump the last time and will still use it for the 2nd baby. I would suggest maybe you should get the Avent manual one since you had problems the last time. Most importantly is to have a smooth bf session = less stress....
 
Smilemum, i got the Avent manual before buying the Medela PIS. The manual pump okie but very tiring lor.. I dun hv the strength to pump n need my hubby help..

My hubby's comments, he is like milking a human cow!
 
I still have the Ameda and I reckon if I were to buy a new expensive pump again... my hubby will freak out. cos the last time was tearful, bloody and well, insufficient. So, I am looking at buying 2nd hand one, if it's really good then at least I can rest assure to get new piece... sigh... or to give up now?

my breasts are already quite full...really envy pple who get so much bm. i always so pathetic..
 
k@ye: at least milk liao, still got milk... me milking also cant get milk... Just that I know its full, but when I squeezed, it will come out.. I also scratch my head, dunno why like this...

Someone's selling the manual ISIS pump with 1 bottle for $6. Maybe I should get it.
 
Smilemum, dun be so hard on urself okie.. I only bf for 1.5mths coz i cant take the stress even though i got milk supply.

Most imptly is Mother must be well.. n baby growing well!
happy.gif
 
smilemum, i also gave up after 1.5 mths. I heard rave reviews on the ameda but it din work for me at all. No matter how I hard I pump very very little milk comes out and the dual pump din work for me at all. Direct feeding takes >2 hrs cos the sucking was so comfy that A usu falls asleep and the engorgement feeling was terrible. A ended up crying most times and I think she was hungry. It was a stressful period for me & hubby.

My cousin with the inverted nipple use Medala dual electric. Latching din work for her so she rely on the pump for a few months
 
K@ye,
how come i cant recall the ball incident? But gotta apologize for ZY's tugging at Claire's shirt! At least I think she is not as soft as i think, ha.. so prob shld be ok by the time she attends cc
happy.gif


Smilemum,
can i ask how long is yr pump session? For me, I pump very long, as in 45min just to get enuf bm for ZY. (Hubby was commenting I spent so many hrs just to pump!) I was using Medela PIS, but like K@ye, I also gave up barely 2 mths cos of severe engorgement and stinging pain.
 
Nov's Toddlers - 2nd Birthday Bash at Mac!

Venue: Kallang MacDonald
Proposed Dates: 31st Oct or 1st Nov (Less options to choose! :p)
Time: 3-5pm based on McDonald's website
Gift Exchange budget: SG$20

1. Weishy - Fine with both dates
2. Kaye - Fine with both dates
3. MissA - Fine with both dates
4. Grace - Nov 1
5. Mambobb
6. Cactusnah
7. ASHM - Fine with both dates
8. kittybride - Nov 1
9. Lazykat - fine with both dates
10. Poissons - Nov 1
11. yoko
12. Ueno - Nov 1
13. smilemum - Nov 1
 
ASHM,
thanks for the effort in organizing! See how the todds gobble up the cookies and raisins in no time..

*Hugs to Ash*

K@ye, MissA,
I think ZY is one of the few who misses out on the pushing chair regime, tho she also does that at MIL's place. Such a cute scene.

Will someone pls fwd the group foto to me? Thanks!!
 
Nov's Toddlers - 2nd Birthday Bash at Mac!

Venue: Kallang MacDonald
Proposed Dates: 31st Oct or 1st Nov (Less options to choose! :p)
Time: 3-5pm based on McDonald's website
Gift Exchange budget: SG$20

1. Weishy - Fine with both dates
2. Kaye - Fine with both dates
3. MissA - Fine with both dates
4. Grace - Nov 1
5. Mambobb
6. Cactusnah
7. ASHM - Fine with both dates
8. kittybride - Nov 1
9. Lazykat - fine with both dates
10. Poissons - Nov 1
11. yoko - 31st will be better.. If not 1st Nov morning Cos will be celebrating Jordan BD on that day
12. Ueno - Nov 1
13. smilemum - Nov 1
 
Kat, no need to apologize... Its very typical toddlers' behaviour... Mabbe ZY thinks that she had enough of being soft, that's y she also fight lor!

Oh, u made this statement to ZY, "Even if u say pls, ppl might not necessarily hv to give it to u." This is a very good one hor... So must teach Claire also... coz in reality, they might not necessarily get what they want... usually they get what they want is we parents or grandparents or outsiders give in to them!
happy.gif


Haha, same here.. I want the photos... I will also forward the photos once i uploaded it... Simply no time to do it at home...
 
kat: it takes me 60 mins to pump 60 ml on both breasts. then, my ds will cry and want milk... cos maybe the letdown was very slow so he drinks 1 - 1.5 hrly. hahaha... ya, the whole time was simply pump, latch, cry, pump, latch, cry... hahaha... so, i'm a bit scared.
 
Nov's Toddlers - 2nd Birthday Bash at Mac!

Venue: Kallang MacDonald
Proposed Dates: 31st Oct or 1st Nov (Less options to choose! :p)
Time: 3-5pm based on McDonald's website
Gift Exchange budget: SG$20

1. Weishy - Fine with both dates
2. Kaye - Fine with both dates
3. MissA - Fine with both dates
4. Grace - Nov 1
5. Mambobb - fine with both dates
6. Cactusnah
7. ASHM - Fine with both dates
8. kittybride - Nov 1
9. Lazykat - fine with both dates
10. Poissons - Nov 1
11. yoko - 31st will be better.. If not 1st Nov morning Cos will be celebrating Jordan BD on that day
12. Ueno - Nov 1
13. smilemum - Nov 1
 
Good morning Mummies! Seem that you all have a wonderful Sunday afternoon. I missed it again...hope I will be able to make it the next time.

2nd Birthday Bash sounds fun...I think I will put mine last min cos have to decide which day to celebrate my DS's BD. :)

RE: BF
I gave up less than a month. So tiring and stressful. I need to keep my sane!
 
Nov's Toddlers - 2nd Birthday Bash at Mac!

Venue: Kallang MacDonald
Proposed Dates: 31st Oct or 1st Nov (Less options to choose! :p)
Time: 3-5pm based on McDonald's website
Gift Exchange budget: SG$20

1. Weishy - Fine with both dates
2. Kaye - Fine with both dates
3. MissA - Fine with both dates
4. Grace - Nov 1
5. Mambobb - fine with both dates
6. Cactusnah - fine with both dates
7. ASHM - Fine with both dates
8. kittybride - Nov 1
9. Lazykat - fine with both dates
10. Poissons - Nov 1
11. yoko - 31st will be better.. If not 1st Nov morning Cos will be celebrating Jordan BD on that day
12. Ueno - Nov 1
13. smilemum - Nov 1
 
Yoko - I saw this on the macdonald website :

*Will do party from Mon to Fri any time but on weekends & PH;
store is only able to conduct party on this time schedule i.e. 3pm to 5pm
 
smilemum,
dun stress yourself on BF-ing.
i tot i could do it the 2nd time round, but my body not cooperating - can't produce much. so just give my son FM lor, so long he drink n grow fatty bum bum, i'm ok lah.
happy.gif
 
No time to log in for the past few days. Hope i'm not too late to say thanks to ASHM for organising the party. E & i enjoyed ourselves and i like it that the MPR room is spacious enuff for the tods to run, play with balls/cars, push chairs, do stunts (weishy & Hayley)and that the swimming pool is so near the MPR. And oh, E loves the biscuits. He was going round approaching the kiddos with biscuits. Thanks for being so thoughful ASHM. Was the collection for the gathering enuff? Hope u dun have to fork out any extra from yr pocket, if u did, pls let us know.

Ya, i must say yr Ashton is a bit shy & very well behaved. I've photos of E & A sitting side by side, E was making faces while A guai guai sat there:p

Weishy: I dun have the grp photo lei. I think only those with HB with them have it coz it was the daddies who were snapping away during the grp photos taking session. But i do have some photos of u and H. Will upload in my FB when i'm free:p.

Blog: Sigh, i've been lagging so much behind for E's blog. Coz i realise if i stay up late to do his blog/surf the net, i'll not be able to sleep well at night. I used to be able to stay up till abt 2am on a wkday to update his blog, nw he sleeps, i sleep
sad.gif
 
cactus - you are most welcomed and am glad that you guys enjoyed that afternoon. No worries, the biscuits and the colourful gwei gwei is a treat from me
happy.gif


Group pictures - My hubby is travelling tomorrow till this Sat, will get him to upload them and send to you mummies next week
happy.gif
 
<font color="aa00aa">Nov's Toddlers - 2nd Birthday Bash at Mac!</font>

Venue: Kallang MacDonald
Dates: 1st Nov 2009
Time: 3-5pm based on McDonald's website
Gift Exchange budget: SG$20


1. Weishy
2. Kaye
3. MissA
4. Grace
5. Mambobb
6. Cactusnah
7. ASHM
8. kittybride
9. Lazykat
10. Poissons
11. yoko - 31st will be better.. If not 1st Nov morning Cos will be celebrating Jordan BD on that day
12. Ueno
13. smilemum
 
group photos:
ermm..mine didn't turn out too well cos they were taken by my dear HUBBY. can't trust him with a cam..haha..but better than nothing la. will upload in my blog soon..recently been busy with work..sigh.

Cactusnah,
how's your thyroid condition? better? my hubby juz got a relapse last mth and he is back to meds again
sad.gif
He saw your swollen eyes last sun and asked if you've got the same condition as him..ask you to take care.
 
K@ye,
now u mention, yar I recall that one, cos ZY also used to getting her way with her "pleases", prob the first time she ever gets rejected
happy.gif
.

Cactus,
u lose a lot of weight leh, beauty sleep more impt lah.. update blog when u hv more energy!
 
Kat, coz "PLEASE" only works on adults not on peers!
happy.gif


Like I told Claire to share her biscuits with Eagan, she refused to give mah. Then Eagan very funny, he followed her ard and tapped on her shoulder and told her, "SHARE" Claire walked even faster when she saw Eagan approaching her!
 
Poissons: Thanks for yr HB's concern, my thyroid condition is still there just that it was "over controlled" and my thyroid became hypo instead of hyper. Was on 6 pills per day and now it's reduced to 2 per day. Such is thyroid, it goes up and down like see-saw, very difficult to get a balance. And regarding my swollen eyes, sigh...somedays it can be very swollen, some days it's not so bad. Sometimes really feel like poking a needle to suck out whatever fatty tissue inside. Hee hee..

Hey, i noticed yr HB lost quite a bit of weight, izzit coz of the relapse? He doesn't have swollen eyes right? Coz not all thyroid condition suffer from swelling of the eyes, only the "lucky" percentage. My friends &amp; coligs ask me to try TCM, perhaps i'll give it a try.

Lazykat: Ha...Did u type wrongly? I've put on 4-5 kg within the last 3 months, so not possible to have lost weight lei. And E's blog, ya guess i can only do it as and when i'm free.

K@ye: Izzit? I din realise there's a tap shoulder and say "Share" episode between Claire and Eagan. So funny. Anyway, it's gd to train him to feel rejected:)
 
Cactus,
then it means u still too slim, got plenty of room for more kg
happy.gif
Hopefully yr thyroid condition stabilizes over time - health is still the most impt at this point!

E is a cheeky one too, well each todd has his/her own unique character, imagine if all are super active, then the adults will sure peng san!
 
Cactu,
Yah, he lost abt 4kg cos' of the relapse, that was also the sign that triggered him to go back to his doc to check his condition again. And he is as lucky as you, got swollen eyes in the initial stage, it's always quite scary to talk to him and stare into his eyes cos' they were so BIG and PROTRUDING. Now they are ok liao...so don't worry abt yours.
 
Lazykat: Yes agree with u, health is the most impt. Tat's why i always tell my siblings to take care and not take things for granted.

Poissons: I read it's v.common for hyroid condition to relapse, so bo bian but to monitor. Ask him to jia you too. Since we're at tis topic, i've something to share. I'd another MC early this month, same thing, i bled and lost it
sad.gif
 
Cactus, sad to hear that.... Guess u got to build up ur body first.. Try TCM, i think nowadays TCM will also incorporate the western medication.

Usually, they will get u to take the TCM stuff like 1-2 hrs after the last timing u took ur medication.
happy.gif
 
Cactus,
oh no
sad.gif
Ya, better "bu" yr body first, everything else can wait.. sleep well, play well, at least E can hv yr undivided attention
happy.gif
 
K@ye &amp; Lazykat: One of my family doc told me we shld b able to try once i start on my medication. And the fact that i truly felt better aft the medication made me think i was ok. We din really try for a 2nd one, but were hoping if it really happens, this no.2 can survive. I waited more than 3 months for my 1st speacialist appt and when i went for the appt in end June, Doc told me to put on hold till my condition stables in the next 4-6 months. By then, i din know i was already preggy and it was too late. Nw, we're really putting everything to a brake.
 
Cactus,
well, at least u know it shld be easier for u to strike when yr body is ready. See, I try for months and still no jackpot
sad.gif


On a happy note, I have posted the pics I take on my blog and FB. I hv missed out some toddlers in actions, so will add those in when the others have uploaded theirs!
 
cactusnah:bless u babes ........sorry to hear tat and i think u're super strong and positive
happy.gif
still so happy and cheery
happy.gif
all these counts
happy.gif
take care ya.
 
cactus,
so sorry to hear abt ur loss. i agree with weishy, you are really positive n strong. take care. wait for yr condition to be better than try.
 
cactus, do take good care of yourself. Tiao yang before you try again....wish u 3rd time lucky.

lazykat, baby dust to you!

On a happy note, Ethan can really sing and with a nice tune. Go listen to him at michviv's blog. My A sing like a broken record leh....
 
Kat, babybaby babybaby dust to u!

Ueno, how s ur pregnancy going along?

Cactus, jiayou jiayou! fighting fighting (Korean's way!)

MissA, Claire even worse... dun really know how to sing... She only ee ee ahh ahh :p
 
Ladies, thanks for all yr concern. Really din want to share this bad news to dampen yr mood. But i thot it may not be a bad thing to share afterall. At least u mummies will appreciate and know how lucky u're. The year of Ox is really no gd for me, so i shall put the plan for bb no. 2 for the year of Rabbit:)

Lazykat: Dun despair, try try try every night and hope u strike jackpot soon! Will go check out yr photos now. Thanks!

Weishy: I was sad and apologetic for "killing" another life. I thot i cld save it, but...I've heard many stories of successful pregnancy even with ongoing thyroid condition, so i'm hopeful. Plus looking at the chirpy Eagan at home, it certainly helps to keep my life going. Don't feel sorry for me, k.
 
cactus - Jia you and stay positive ok! Look at the bright side, at least Eagan is such a sweet and healthy darling. Take it easy babe
happy.gif
 
Lazykat - Baby dust to you!
kao_babydust.gif
Relax and maybe getaway just you and your hubby... Both of my babies are made overseas....heeheehee
happy.gif
 
Nov's Toddlers - 2nd Birthday Bash at Mac!

Mummies, when do we need to confirm the party? 1 Nov shld be the start of the school hols right? So we may have to book early.
 
cactus:: hugs to you! so happy to hear you are so positive about everything. Am sure you will get your wish come true when all is well. Hugs.

lazykat:: haha jia you!
 
Cactus: I'm sad to hear of your loss. Nonetheless, I'm glad you are able to focus on getting well and staying positive. All the best to you and your family.

missA: Glad you enjoyed E's singing! haha. I should record all his songs to cheer everyone up. haha. Sometimes he even creates his own lyrics!

Poissons: Thanks for all the advice on potty training. Tried with E this week. Managed to get him to tell me 1 time before he pooped in the potty. But after that he refused to sit down. No patience la the boy. Think it will take lots of encouragement.

lazykat: Jia you gal! I'm sure you will hit the jackpot soon...=)

Cindy: hahahaha...the world is really too small la gal! How's life so far in NJC? =P
 


ASHM,
you so fortunate la..make overseas..somehow me like Grace, we got separation anxiety, can't bear to leave bbs behind and go holidays alone with Hub! Hahaha..

Cactus,
sorry to hear the bad news..best to stablise your condition first then make bbs ok? Next yr is Tiger mah..why Rabbit leh?
 

Back
Top