(2007/11) November MTBs

ASHM,
not yet, can share wif me gina ford's method?
i thk i will definitely change to suit our own timings eventually. appreciate it!!
your case sounds seriuos. but since got experience oredi, shd be ok for #2
happy.gif

i sit too much AGAIN... dats y last nite felt back ache oredi. kena scolding from hb liao. so this PM i will just have totally bed-rest.
happy.gif

mambobb,
long time no see!
glad you gone back to work oredi - at least not so bored at home ya. and C still having stomach flu? beta take care, the weather is crazy lately. last 2 days hot like xiao now suddenly rain!! u take care too ya!

cindy,
u good leh, 3rd day came oredi.
i tried pumping on 3rd day at hospital - gave up after 10mins coz nothing came out... so stressed.
sad.gif

now there's milk, each time i squeeze can see a few ducts with milk flowing but when i pump, nothing squirts, just drips. i guess still very low hence i didn't pump anymore, just latch baby whenever he wakes up. then supplement wif FM.

kittybride - yes backache will come after the operation, so guai guai bed rest as much as you can ok... i would want to do a 6weeks confinement when #2 is out...
happy.gif

Ok i will look for the GF book tonight and make a copy and email you tomorrow... Rest Well ah!!

Cindy: E can hi-five Travis in not telling about his poop. So sad, he used to let us know in the past 2 months, then we didn't do anything about it. Think I have wasted my chance to potty train him. So sad! =(

k@ye: no lah.. not yet lah.. just want to get prepared lor.. I was soooo suppperr stressed out during the confinement period when my ss didnt kick in. so now want to get all the information 1st mah.. abit ks.. haha..

Hi Tinkabel,
Kicia hardly has any girl girl clothings until my sister bought them for her.. she is the first girl in the family for both my side and my hubby's..it's only lately that I am beginning to acquire new clothes for her.. haaha..

Hi kittybride,
I got up from my platform bed by kicking against the wall and bring myself up. else ah, i will be using my stomach muscle which will probably hurt my wound more.
As for BM hor, for my case, it came in on day 3 but not much. As i expressed, it got more. Think it took me at least 1 week.
my blog kirosandkicia.blogspot.com

michviv:: YEA, i agree. Travis used to tell us too! now, he just decided to live with shit in his pampers. GOSH!!

kitty:: latch fully. Supply will slowly increase de! JIA YOU!! 94759662 my number if u need me hehe!!

weishy and tinkabel:: You decided on which CL le ma?
happy.gif

kittybride, regarding BF, dun mind me sharing my experience and maybe sounds a bit longwinded :p

try not t supplement if your bb can suckle. as long as he didnt cry/fuss at ur breasts, let him continue to suckle. 20min is considered short fr a new baby at feeding time. Sme can even take 30min or more at the bottle. so at the breasts will take even longer cos they need to work harder to get milk.

For M, she was practically on my breasts every 1.5hrly and everytime at least 30-40min. Tis is good for stimulation. Dun cave in to FM so soon if u are serious abt BF.I did cave in during Favian's time n I regretted so much. hope u dun see me as preaching :p

ASHM, actually for my #2 (if ever)... I will request for 2 mths of the CL service and ban visitors (my in laws) for the 1st 2 weeks!

Yoko, yup... better to be safe than sorry. That time i m also not around when the baby furniture was delivered to my home.

ASHM,
yup, me asking the CL to do 40days for me this time round - wana really recover (but me still never guai guai myself lor :p)
ok, thanks in advance on the gina ford method ya!

S@L,
i hear you!!! i was really unsure if i got enuf ss or not coz he took like almost an hour to suckle and nearing each breast, he will BITE the nipple. dun know what kind of pattern this boy ah... but i thk CL just worried i take too long and bb still sticking out his tongue after 1hr, so she suggest feed partial FM. and u know wat, my boy can really finish them all leh. sigh...

but i will try harder and feed longer... i really hope the milk wil come in MORE. so far, no more engorgement, i thk only on day 3 & 4 i felt super engorged. now just normal... so is this NORMAL??

mambobb,
faster learn and take note... coz hope to hear good news from you soon! :D jia you!!

k@ye,
if only... if only... i'm sure you'll be in blissful heaven if only your 'dream' comes true for part II of your wish (banning your in laws). ahahhaa....
today my PIL coming over - i so happy it rained so heavily this mrng hence i can be assured they will only come over in the afternoon! ahahaha... i also dun really like lah coz my FIL dun know how to handle bb yet kept wanting to carry. the other time C felt flat on the concrete flr at TPY, he also just brush it aside and said "mei shi lah"... grrrrr... she bled from her mouth for hours leh. MEI SHI NI DE TOU LAH!!!! but of coz, i only kept it in my heart n later vent out to hb. he oso cant do much. sianz!!

S@L: I have tried your method.. kept latching C but she kept crying and turning her head away. She was frustrated when the ss came in slow and little. As what kitty mentioned, gave FM and she finished it all -_-".. so sad..

the most discouraging part was when C was diagnosed with Jaundice, and needed to stay at KKH for 1day. Nurse told me to bring BM for her so I pumped at home. It was like 3rd day lor and I managed to pump out ONLY 10ml.. the nurse gave me a look and comment "HUH.. SO LITTLE ONLY HUH.." sianz~

Kitty, i m sure my hubby will take note of my request coz he seen me burst in tears during my confinement with Claire.

My in laws also none the better hor, they dunno how to carry babies and always try to kiang one.. The nurses put Claire to sleep sideways (to prevent her from choking on her vomit).. they kiang and put her to sleep on her back... After that Claire vomitted... the nurse came to scold me.. I was so PISSED OFF!

Oh ya, forgot to mention, C likes to fell asleep when I latched her on.. so she didnt mange to drink the BM too and kept waking up for milk too.. sigh.. the thought of that make me feel stress again.. haha

Kittybride, yes agree that alot has to do with hw cooperative the baby is AND also the helpers arund u.
My mum, MIL were very discouraging and always commented bb hungry, nt enugh milk etc...
so 2nd time round i made myself clear t them if they cannot give encoouraging wrds then better dun say a thing! hahaha bad me.
It was a trture at first when M was always suckling but aft confinemnt, my ss stabilised and infact was over supply. Try and persevere on! Drink mre fish soup, (i can give u the recipe if u wan) fr me it helped alot
happy.gif

Jiayou!

mambo i think i made another right choice by renting hm the light therapy machine when M had jaundice. Cos i get to feed her on time and not depend on the pump cs its difficult to pump out a decent amt if emtional u feel dwn n tired becs of travelling to n fro hspital. nvrmind la, like me learn from experience, 2nd round will be better!! ahhaa

Lunchie at Merchant Court Ellenborough, $29++
Date: 16/04/09
Time: 12:00 to 14:30
Reservation made under Kat for table of 6.

1) Tinkabel + Matt
2) Lazykat
3) Mischa's Mummy
4) ASHM (will be late 12:30pm)
5) Weishy + Hayley

I have requested for 2 high chairs as well.

Yoko, if u feel confident in bringing J out, J will hv companion tmr.
happy.gif

Michviv, Cindy,
my gal is the dirtiest by far! She never complains abt poos in her pampers.. except when she is much, much younger. And when we asked her, Did u poo or ng-ng? (even tho we know she prob did, she either smile or simply ignore) So i think toilet train is still far away in my case..

Reminder for Playdays Trial Class

PDS update (18th Apr: 10 - 11.30am)
1. Ashlyn (Grace)
2. Hazel (Poochi)
3. Ethan (michviv)
4. Hayley (Weishy)

The trial class is confirmed for the 18th of April. See you all then!

kittybride:u can ask ur lao gong to borrow the GF book at the library (the one at yishun alot of stock...cos i find nto all library collection same qty )

K@ye:claire so funny kekkekekek got JIE PI

lazykat:hayley does her poo poo always last min so we hv to run to the bowl with her......fast if not will be out

tks for the lunch arrangement and high chair
happy.gif

kittybride:the milk flow for c sec comes later.....massaging the breast 2 to 3 weeks b4 delivery helps or even now u can do it.i got it on my first day cos my SIL came hospital and "squeezed" my breasts till blue black
sad.gif

cindy:me thinkign no CL la....i gotta spend on massages kakkakaka....helper will be there and last time my hubby cooked for me so this time just be more "pu" tats all

S@L:i want the recipe le
happy.gif
post here la anyway soup only mah can drink daily too
happy.gif

S@L,
yes, pls email me the papaya fish soup recipe
happy.gif

i mentioned to my CL i wana try BF as much as possible during the day and she oso nod her head. then just now after lunch i went toilet and came out - she's feeding my boy FM! grrr....

mambobb,
i thk our Cs have similar patterns, dats y i only managed 2 wks BF due to low milk ss - also pathetically lousy lor, like 10ml ~ 15ml for both sides! not even enuf for 2 gulps!
sad.gif

anyway, if really got #2, can try harder like S@L. she's the best example perseverance works!
happy.gif

Weishy, ya... She inherited that Jie pi from my hubby! Yucks, squeezed till blue black!!!!

Mambobb, some babies just dun like breast milk. My cousin also, my Auntie told me that even she expressed and put in the bottle... He will pui it out... Guess FM is more tasty bah!

kittybride, wah if ur CL is my CL, sure sack her big time. I think u hv to mke ur stand lo. unless u are ok with 50-50 then its ok.
my fren left her CL to feed her baby, then now cmplain no BM...cos she skip the entire night feedings. So i told her cannot blame CL, she als should make the effort to wake up n feed la.

I was determined to make it the 2nd round, my mind was made up the day i got preg with M. so its up to u what u want , sure can do it!

k@ye: I have to pump 4 times just to make it one feed for her into bottle. She did finish all lah.. when she didn't, I felt so heartache wor~.. pump till so xin ku liao and cannot finished.. haha.. even woke up in the middle of the nite and pump also doesnt help in the ss.. maybe due to stress lah.. too eager want to BF her liao.

s@l: post the recipe.. heehee.. me copy down and print it out and ask someone to cook for me.. haha

Ladies, the recipe derived from some ref n i modify to my taste buds hor...so Pls follow t your discretion. :p

Fish head n Papaya soup recipe- 1-2 servings
(i use fish head OR tail with bones cos the soup taste sweeter - can add fish slices if u wan to eat the fish, otherwise jus drink the soup will do)

- 1 half fish head (small) ikan kurau(threadfin) or red snapper is best
- 1 can of chicken broth (easier than making chicken broth from fresh chicken)dilute to taste
- half green papaya (really unripe ones)skinned & cubed - can dilute the soup to taste at this point
- some ginger slices
-sesame oil (1tbsp)
- red dates 3-4pcs
- wolfberries (not too much cos soup will become sourish)

Method:
-fry ginger with sesame oil
-fry fish head (excld fish slices) in oil for abt 3min
- add chicken broth bring to boil
- add papaya cubes, wolfberries & red dates
- let simmer med-low fire for 30-45min till soup become thick n cloudy (as pic shown)
- add fish slices
- serve hot when fish slices are cooked

ENJOY!!!

kitty: For E, I also wanted to BF all the way, so I made sure that there was not formula milk at home. So my CL had no choice but to wake me up for feedings. If I were you, I'd hide the tin in my room. hehe. Then you're in control if you want to feed FM or not.

After reading so many books on BF, I can confirm that the best way to build up BM supply is regular latching. Even when my supply was low, a few times of latching brought the supply back up for me. On top of that, I pumped out any excess milk after the feeding. That way, your body is tricked into thinking that its not producing enough milk and will produce more. That how I built up 8 litres of milk in my freezer when I went back to work. =)

S@L:tks tks
happy.gif
can use other fish????i find that fish in sin not cheap
sad.gif

when in hkg $4 can get on elive fish liao......nto sea water ones of cos

michviv:wow 8 litressssssssssssssss alot le.....envyyyyyyy

weishy, i think can use other fish, but these 2 fishes proven to increas milk supply n taste nt fishy.

Michviv, same here i als feel latching is the best way to increase. kudos to mummies who pump 100% n manage to BF long cos i really very tedious to pump round the clock.

Weishy: Ya lor. Too bad my son didn't want to latch anymore and started to bite me. =( Too many teeth la my E. haha. BF was the best weight loss programme around. Now I trying so hard to loose weight before I start on number 2. Sigh...

kaye,
not sure if u have topped up on pampers recently.
was at lunch just now when saw at watsons the pampers offer. today last day.

2 packs of 60pcs Pampers Active Large size only for $45. = around 37 cents per pc....

cheap rite... but i dont think i stocking up as i have 3 packs at home and may need to upgrade to XL soon...

Mummies - Ash has diarrhoea again!! Sigh... Now i suspect if he is allergy to egg. He had some hard boiled egg this morning and also last Fri when he had the first episode... Got to bring him to his PD first thing in the morning tomorrow....hiaz...

Allergy Test - Anyone let your kiddo done such test before? Got to draw blood from them correct?

poissons - the last time when G had diarrhoea, what was the cause of it? Ash only has diarrhoea and did not vomit, so cant be stomach flu correct? This is driving me mad man....errhh..!

MissA,
yup, very safe to sleep in. Haha..

ASHM,
Oh dear..give him more water. I think for allergy test need to draw a small sample of blood, better check with PD tmr. U take care!

when jordan poos he usually he will show a funny face by looking at u, so am not sure is this telling u that "Hey I am pooing. Please come and clean me up". Hehe.

Cindy, I can bring him out in the car seat. But i guess he will cry all the way to lunch and after that he sulks. In cases like this, what am i suppose to do? Let him cry till he get use to the car seat?? I also don't know. I think my no.2, I make sure she make fulluse of the pram and the car seat and lastly the baby cot. haha.

Weishy, same thinking BF very tiring. I have phobia.

S@L,maybe u can provide again.. Hahaha. U damn hardworking. Guess i don't think I want to go thru that phase again. Faint....

Cannot tahan liao. Eyes closing... Long last can sleepearly cos too tired. Hope that I won't wake up in another 2-3 hrs.

ASHM,
G caught the viral from my nephew, in fact everyone in the house caught it, except me. Since he just recovered, maybe just give him something light first? But good to take the allergy test to have peace of mind. Hugs to Ash.

Cindy: no, not getting confinement lady. Just doing the same arrangement as last time, staying at my ILs place.

Haiz, this week, maybe due to a change in environment and the weather, Matt is so sticky to me. Keep sticking and running to me. So I hv to sneak out if I want to go out. Once he discover, my ILs say he cry for 1/2 hr before he tired out and sleep. Sigh... I am leaving for NZ this fri evening, hopefully he's going to be ok. Else I really hv to bring him back to my mum's place, since he is more familiar with my mum. Din expect this reaction from him cos the last time we came back in oct, he was perfectly fine wiht my ILs.

Tinkabel, hugs! Hope matt will be a good boy n u can enjoy your secret honeymoon!

Ashm, hugs to ash! I hate it so much when they fall sick. Wish him speediest recovery!

Yoko, Haha, same. I am gg to make sure this #2 sit in car seat guai guai and zzz in her cot! Will put her in the car seat when she turns 2 months to start training her!

ASHM: E is allergic to soft boiled egg (mostly because the egg proteins are not full denatured yet). My silly hubby went to give him a few spoons and just an hour later, E began to throw up (think 3 times in total) and later he had diarrhoea. This is the body's response in getting the foreign proteins out of the system.

How do you know if its an allergic reaction or a viral infection? 1) the timing: the first episode of vomitting occurs right after the food has been given; 2) There is no fever; 3) It lasts just 1-2 days before recovery. For viral infection, the symptoms usually last much longer, up to a week.

We didn't do a test to see if E is allergic cos he has been eating hard boiled eggs just fine. Its the soft boiled eggs that are a problem. If Ash had no problems with eggs before, its unlikely to be allergy to egg unless it is cooked differently.

1 way to test allergy is the skin prick test when a defined area of skin is exposed to the allergen and monitored for a reaction. Alternatively, the PD may draw blood to take a look at a chemical level in the blood (called IgE) to see if its levels is raised indicating an allergic reaction. However, for the IgE test, it is non-specific as many things can cause an allergic reaction.

Hope Ash gets well soon.

ASHM, i wont recommend to do the allergy test coz my PDs also advised me not to for Claire. Coz to be totally sure, they hv to run 2 tests, one is the skin prick one while the other one is the blood test.

Both are equally invasive (in the PDs' opinions) and the allergies found now might be outgrown as they grows up. Unless the allergies is super jialat till life threateninig like some cases (read in the papers). If not like me, just learn how to manage...

We just discovered that Claire can't take seafood last nite.

Back