(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

re HFMD

Lyn's sch having an outbreak of hfmd. Been gg on for more than a week, so i think to break the cycle, they wanna close the sch next week. Sent out emails to parents seeking for approvals at 11+am today, expecting all parents to reply by 1pm! Madness!! Only got to see the email few mins ago as I was out since 11am till now. Really cant stand the new principle of the sch, really cannot handle the runnings at all.... more like hired for PR purposes only.

Needless to say, she sent out email to inform that the center will remain open coz not all parents managed to reply by the 1pm deadline. really damn silly.

junnie: only a few of my CP got "pop" up,hence got to get the injection.

sugar nut: long time din hear from u. How's leanne coping at CC? Shall we organise a day to the library again? I think the kids will love to meet each other :p

tiffy: sherry is very dong shi & smart.

gingerleaf: how can the principal expect respond with such short time frame.

Hello Mummies
happy.gif

Junnie, yesterday SMH got problem, couldnt post properly.. My message above ended with "ask you arh..." and gone.. aiyoh... now cannot remember what I wana ask liao. Anyway, nite training has to wait till we wean off their milk at sleep time.

Last night, we implemented, gave supper & FM in cup. Both guai guai followed instruction. Then bed time, Lucas tried his luck again asking for milk in bottle, hb talked to him again and he was ok.. Succeeded, though they both took awhile to fall asleep. This morning, Lucas diaper not as full as usual, hope this is a good start for diaper training.

Sugarnut/Hippo/Tiffy..
So envy that all of you trained your kiddos so early... I had been too slack liao
sad.gif

Gingerleaf,
So nice to post this picture again... They all have grown up so much already.. From your description of the Principal, she buay zai lei...
How many weeks now? 12wks soon?

Maruko,
Hmm... I find not nice to disturb my maid's sleep lor. As per our contract, Employers are to give their domestic helper at least 8-12hours of rest, skali she go complaint... Whenever kiddos vomit or need medicine in middle nite, I will normally cleanup/do myself.

Last nite, my hb went kitchen at about 12midnite, my helper also happen to go kitchen. Hb asked her, you wake up again or you havent sleep?? She said havent sleep, though she already turn in about 10plus to her room liao. I think she must be watching her DVD + munching her tit-bits.... I cannot interfere as I think she deserve her "freedom". As long as she can still wake up at her required time, and dont show sign of tireness, I cannot complaint her her.

Nice to see the pic again!

Cherry
The two look decent as it was taken separately ha ha as their initial photo don't look nice I think.

Gingerleaf
The school hygiene and prevention don't seem to be good. Hiaz, don't know what to say about the principle.

Sugarnut
Welcome back!

Will read the rest of the posting later. Someone asked me to do work #%€^>^%!!!

tiffany, cheriebear,

yeah, the principle really buey zai. really am quite disappointed with the ways she handle things. Previously in another cc, the sch will call to inform us of anything, but the current one only rely on emails. Never even bother to call at all.
Her previous teacher in this cc does call me if lyn skip sch for 2 days. Now change teacher, lyn nv go sch for a week already also no calls. Think the management of this place not very good even with a new principle.

totoro,
ya.. quite disappointed.. was very pleased with the sch initially till the principle join them. They dun seem very transparent in the ways they do things too. But I dun have much choices ard me too. This is one of the better ones ard my area... i still need them next year to look after lyn while i stay hm look after #2..

Hi mummy I have 45mins of me time ... Relaxing at home watching TV kwkekekeke

After posting about Jobs ... I might be working in a CC soon still waiting for more news ... Praying that all things can work out smoothly and not much prob if I get the job ...

Today is SAF day hb is involved in the SAF Parade he will be standing behind Mr P ... Poor him will be wearing full suit in
the hot sun for few hours ...

Kids r back to school today ...

Wave wave to All long time no see mummies
happy.gif

cm.. hi hi.. hope u hv enjoyed ur 45min =) see.. u still sayang ur hb de =D u mean u going to work @ childcare?? b teacher arh??

tiffany.. tat's a good start! hopefully both L & A guai guai fllw instruction & u dun even hv to waste the thin mattress =D

sugarnut... 'big wave'! so u knw i 'calling' u arh =D so u dun hv helper tis 2wks, she go bk for good or on leave? nvm.. ask ur hb to share the hse chores/bbsit then u wont 'roar' at him =D re big l.. he's another one fully toilet train?? *clap clap clap*

tiffy.. 3 to the list le =D

gingerleaf.. huh? tat's hannah?? hahaha..she so mischevious de meh? orh.. then 1st bb shd b anders(ponponta).. hmmm.. the rest 'bu zhi dao' which mummies le =D me too got tat pix for 2nd batch bb in my thumbdrive.. but file so big cant resize leh..if nt can show the rest =D re lyn's cc.. if the parent dun go online then how?? hmmm.. really no system de... u gotta ask lyn to wash hand frequently... re giant stamps.. tat's a great deal! can go & change the kitchen set liao =)

totoro.. u go bk to work alr arh?? hmmm.. hope u can go bk on dot to spend more time w kelly & lewis =D

ok, me gotta go home liao.. enjoy ur evening mummies =)

Tiffy, wah...wake up every 2 hrs? No wonder ur bro gotta buy chicken essence for ur maid. If not she will b daydreamin during daytime liao. :p

gingerleaf, LOL...I really dunno wat dat principal doing...her action sounds so redundant when she didnt give parents enuff time to respond. Perhaps u shld feedback to them?

tiffany, ya me tink SMH these few days got prob posting but so far my msgs dun get cut off leh. All the best in weanin ur kiddos off their nite feed.
As for ur maid, I tink its only a temporary "disturb" so perhaps u can speak to her abt it. Last time I used to let my boy sleep wif maid den she handles him at nite also when he wakes up for milk. She didnt complain also.

CM, all the best in gettin dat job in CC
happy.gif

Good nites ladies,

toilet train:
my kid also fully toilet train during day n night. I will let him have milk 180ml abt 1hour before he goes to bed.But night I will put him on diaper "jus in case of leakage". He will make noise or call for me when he needs to pee, or else he will wait till he wake up.

Have a happy weekends!

Hello mummies,

I have quite successful wean off both kids off milk bottles. But now I am stuck with 6 packets, 2 teats per pack, unopened NUK teats, Medium, no. 2. Retail price is $7.05 per pack of 2 teats, but selling at $5 per pack. Latest packing, bought recently nia. If anyone keen, can SMS or pm me. If not, I will post in forum to sell.

Hi mummies...hows everyone's wkend so far?

Tiffy, hopefully the maid will b able to tahan havin to wake up during wee hrs. If not later like Tiffany said, she complain to MOM for not havin 6-8 hrs of sleep. Den ur bro will b in trouble liao.

Tiffany, CONGRATS! So fast wean them off liao ah? Took only 2 days? Gd for u. Can start to prepare trainin them to go diaperless at nite.

Early sunday morning mummies!
happy.gif

Hihi windsorqueen!

I am staying at home for month of Jul as I have nego with new company to start work in Aug. I am joining the education industry. Will share more during meetups/lunch dates.
Many 'assignments' to complete in July - travel trips (no kids... haa!), current helper finishing contract, new helper coming (so have to train from scratch), etc.
I just finish with settling J1 in his new school, he is no longer doing fullday cc at LSH. Have put him in Zoophonics. He feedback that he does not like LSH as 'the school is so very long!'.
sad.gif
So we decided to put him for 3 hours programme and then spend the rest of day at home with bb didi. Will monitor for a period of time.
If anyone is keen on play dates, I am free in month of July. Just give me a buzz. Yeah!!

J1 is off diapers at nite. Have tried to put diapers for him in the nite for a period of time, but it happened once that he cried in middle nite to tell us he has pain in his stomach, and have some questioning, then he claimed that he wants to pee. So wearing diapers for him in the nite is only to keep his butt warm. From then on, we let him go diapers-less.

He is also not drinking from teat bottle since early this year. Gotten the straw bottle (Pigeon) and he kinda like it. He thinks that he is a big boy and not like bb, have to drink from a teat bottle.
Anyway, J2 is not taking milk from bottle. He refuses milk, hence got to replace milk feeds with cereal feeds. Meals schedule are no longer like a baby (2 cereal feeds, 2 porridge feeds).
The usual patterns of my boys - total reject milk.
sad.gif

gingerleaf,
This pic reminds me of how long all of us have known each other. The gatherings we have over the years... Our little ones have indeed grown up so much, like a little adult now.
Telling me he is a big boy, not like Baby didi.
Take good care and hang in there. Your MS will soon be gone, going into 2nd tri.

WAVES to sugar_nut!
How are both gorgor L and meimei L?

hippo,
Once again, congrats on your new job!
HUAT ahhhh...
Mine is not very attractive big jump, but the job scope is more of my liking. I am happy as it can help enhance exposure to my passion - KIDS!

Tiffany,
when is good for you to lunch? I can go meet u gals for lunch in town (city hall, etc.).
Any good grabs from recent sale (zara, mango, etc.)

junnie,
L has some scarring due to CP?! Perhaps you may like to try aloe vera on the marks over a period of time, it may help to reduce the scar marks. Also minimise dark coloured food (e.g. dark soy sauce).

ecookie, bbwow, chintz, chersam, twinklestars,
Harrrrllloooo! How are you?
happy.gif

*sorry, my long story again...

Have a great Sunday!

Hi mummies tomorrow is youth day so kids. Got no school can meet up for lunch if want to SMS me early if want to meet up ok
happy.gif

Wow so many of u r changing jobs
happy.gif

Hmmm my neighbor's maid ... She " kind of has a boyfriend she always meet a bang guy ... Taking lunch for him meeting at the lift lobby .... Just now when we came back from golf the bang guy was coming out from the house ... ??? Hmmm am so worry what will happen when my new maid comes in !!!
sad.gif
So feel like asking my hb to come home when ever he need a toilet break from work
sad.gif

Gd morning mummies...
Slept in a bad posture last wk & hav been havin neck aches for past few days. Hopefully it wont take too long to heal. Sigh...

doobom, wow...so u changed to a totally new industry? Not bad leh. Will b lookin forward to hear more from u during our next lunch meetup.

CM, me also tink u shld inform ur neighbour abt it. 守望相助 mah...so when is ur new maid comin?

Hmmm but I dun get to see them often and also I only see male and no female in the house ...

My maid should be coming 2nd or 3rd week of jul ... Pp not ready yet

maruko,
i don't think she will complain. cos 1st time my bro also wake up to help but she told my bro to go n sleep cos next day still have to work n she told my bro she alone can handle during wee hrs. then weekend when my bro not working, he tell her to nap in daytime too

helloooo mummies!
happy.gif

tiffy, glad to hear ur dad is recuperating and dat he's got a good maid to look after him!

tiffany, congrats!! so good...
happy.gif

*waves to sugarnut!!!*

doobom, thanks thanks!! CONGRATS to u again too!! education industry? can i hi5 u? ME TOO! LOL...

CM, ya.. agree with gingerleaf.. inform ur neighbour! hope it doesn't happen to ur new maid...

maruko, oh dear.. put yoko yoko!

gingerleaf, ha! teach? u wan newspapers to report my face and name big big for child abuse ar? wakkakakakakaka... no la.. still in Finance..
happy.gif

Hippo lol at yr face on newspaper hahahaha

Hmmm will try to talk to the employer cos seldom see them face tO face too ...

Hippo,
Thanks

Hippo, doobom
Hmm.... Education industry???? My 1st job in MOE n my last job is NUS. MOE everything v v slow. NUS if u have nice boss then is ok if not also v cham. Don't know which education industry r u 2 going but gd luck
happy.gif

hi all
happy.gif

tiffany... LOL.. last wk u were cracking head how to wean them fm milk bottles.. wow..jus 2 days & u hv done it!! 有志者事竟成! then now gotta 'lelong' their BN teats?? hahaha.. but is really great achievement! nxt will b trying for diaperless le, then really help safe u lotsa $ =D btw, in the morning L & A ok to drink milk fm cup w/o fussing? cos mine drinking milk while still 'half asleep' on the bed... so duno how to train..

maruko.. oh dear.. v painful & frustrated if having neckache.. tk muscle relaxer & apply pain relief cream ba.. hope u ok soon =)

cm... aiyooo.. wat a scene 4u ytd! tat maid really daring & hope ur neighbour is a friendly one if not duno how to tell them... today schl holiday + cc spring cleaning.. both mine at home w daddy who down w food poisoning (anyhow eat during his last wk business trip to lousy town off jkt) & lance hving 'sexy voice' (throat infection).. whole hse like 'upside down' when i went bk during lunch time =(

hippo.. LOL too =D hmmm.... heng u got '自知自明' not bcoming a teacher =D ooops.. dun 'abish' me hor =D

gingerleaf.. oh.. ponponta got no. 2 arh? hmmm.. really so long nvr talk to her le..

doobom.. wow.. u hv also tendered? enjoy your whole of july to the fullest ba!! congrats in getting a new job so fast! u bcoming a teacher too?? re milk.. so funny, how come both J dun like milk?? hmmm.. thou w/o it.. they still growing so well.. j1 so tall & j2 chubby chubby =D re scars.. lance was prescribed a special ointment.. but is such a small tube 20mg.. i wonder how many tubes he gonna apply!! doc said if the marks really a concern.. when he grows older can opt for lazer (swollow saliva). during his cp period, i finished applying a tube of dr lily aloe vera gel (100ml).. i find it more for soothing purposes esp there's redness.. not so much on scar.. currently he also gonna finish my tub of elicinia cream (45mg).. then my niece passed me a cream fm forever living containing bee propolis.. i'll gv it a try & c how it goes whilst finding the best scar removing cream along the way.. tis gonna me on my list of long term 'investment' le =(

hippo,doobom.. hopefully w change of new working plc/industry, u both hv more time to come in here =D

Tiffy, oic...den gd lah. Ur bro really lucky to get a gd maid at his 1st attempt.

hippo, u also got a job at education ind? Wow...not bad leh.
Tried to put yoko yoko but dun seem to help much in relievin the ache.
sad.gif

junnie, thx...so far ache pain reduce as compared to past few days but still feel the stiffness. Hopefully will b ok by tmr.

hi mummies,

recently i tink i read it from newspaper that childcare will be increasing the school fee, anyone CC had increased?

i issued a cheque and the in charge told my mum the amount oredi increased by $30/-. no notice given to me.

Hello Mummies!!

Today youth day holiday, took leave brought the kids out.. so tiring loh, kids were so active and talkative until I cannot tahan, lost my temper few times... Today morning, woke up with stiff neck too, not those intense type, but bad enough to make me feel pek chek at little irration.

Junnie, Hippo, Gingerleaf, Maruko,
Thanks. I was surprised as it was indeed a smooth transition. Of course, we did talk to them earlier before sleep, and made the milk in cup for them to drink. They were quite slow in drinking, had to use nagging and threatening to get them drink all up. So far, only once they complaint the milk not nice in the cup, but I dont give them chance, use cane to threaten. Succeeded!! Wow, all of a sudden, I am stuck with 2 brand new bottles in my cupboard and 8 packs of unopened teats. There are about 18 used bottles on hand too... all of a sudden, I feel so "wasted"

Junnie,
Our schedule for them for Milk:
Morning - Drink half cup (120ml) milk from cup before school
Afternoon nap - 250ml milk via bottle (the only time we allow bottle) but will slowly wean this out too.
Night (abt 30-60mins) before sleep - Drink half cup (120ml) milk from cup.

I am not sure if the amount of milk intake a day is enough? what do you think? I wish to give them full cup (250ml) in the morning and night, but they are drinking very slowly using cup, so, I only give half cup (already taking long time, must nag and nag)

As for diaperless, I am not ambitious yet, will monitor their diaper 1st. I did notice their diaper is not as heavy as before. Hope this is a good start for dry diaper...

Hippo,
LOL at your face on newspaper... you are real joker!!

Doodom, Hippo,
Wow.. so coincident that both of you enter same industry. Congrats!

Doobom,
Lunch, anytime also can. Now that you are not working, will be easier that you call for a date. Btw, 313 has this japanese buffet at B2 or B3 (under tampopo group), cant recall the name now, $16.90++ only, have wide varieties of food + sashimi.. Slurp!!! I have the leaflet in the office, if you all keen, I will give you more details later..Totoro also keen for lunch meetup.

CM,
I also think can make friend with your neighbour and let them know. If I am the employer, I would want to know.

Tiffy,
Glad to hear your dad is doing well now. Your brother is nice, his maid will be understanding. Good that your brother has such good maid.

congrats tiffany! so fast you managed to wean them liao. Just when I said Big L was night-trained, he pee in bed last night!

Junnie, my maid leaving for good.. so will do without one and see if it works. Now after work will need to wash and fold clothes and do light cleaning.

Hello doobom, hippo! Seems like it is a season for changing job.. all the best in your new career! Would you all end up in the same company?

Totoro, Maruko, how's are you coping with your kids? still on maternity leave right?

Cherie_bear, L will love to meet up with Shanice. Sometimes he will still talk abt her.

Hello mummies ! Hope all well. Dropping by to say hello. Me gg to be SAHM soon lol.

Comforting myself lol. My maid I already told her likely she can leave Nov / early December. Then I will be on my own

Luckily Elvis also nite trained diapless. A few times, woke up not in time pee a bit bit on pants lol

Hmmm I still find it hard too en my mouth to talk to the few Korean youngster staying opp me ... Just now I saw them from my kitchen but I am in my pj liao ... Still in my mind I still think i should not and it not easy to talk to them ... I talk to hb and we think we can only tell the House agent ... By right I should ask the condo management but he is one XYZ guy left message for 3 days for one its a month Liao still never return my call ... :;($
happy.gif
5$/(:)-;(( I will let the house agent know my concern and see how it goes ... I dun think there is a lady employer in the house la I think the company rented the place for the staffs "sigh" the next time if I work den my maid will have to be waiting at th gate of my condo and also the construction site for the MRT
sad.gif

Morning mummies

hippo,doobom: all the best in ur new job. Meanwhile,enjoy the temp SAHM to the fullest :D

kathy: i recd notice frm shanice's cc sometime in Mar that they gg to increase the fees & it will implement in July. Mayb ur mum misplace the notice,that's y u din see it? It was oso on the newspaper in Jun,saying that cc are increasing their fees.

sugar nut: That's nice of L
happy.gif
Will sms u to see when to meet up. Mayb i can ask Lervin & mummy along too. Btw, Teacher Joyce wld like to meet up the kids too.

morning mummies!

tiffany, dun feel wasted.. cos itz a good start!! u can pass the bottles to ur frens ar... then u never have to see the bottles AGAIN! hahaha.. great job! take ur time abt the diaperless training. i m sure u can do it!

*waves Eunice!* how's pregnancy treating u? hope itz great so far!

*SMACKS* junnie! hahaha.. but u are right la.. i know myself tooooooo well le.. hoho
lance got alot CP marks ar? poor boy..

sugarnut, thanks!! how's the prince & princess L?
happy.gif
i still enjoy reading about ur treks with them! so nice lor..

thanks cheriebear!
happy.gif

Lunch on Friday ... C1 is going JB with her school on Friday so I ca have lunch on this day anyone want to meet up?

Lunch on 08/07/11 Friday

1. CM

Calling SAHM & mummies that want to join?

Oh yes gingerleaf u can try the wanton mee at upper thomson road ... It beside the prata shop it's yummy HK style the chili is so so so yummy too

morning all
happy.gif

hippo.. 'ouch' =D ya.. u'll 'faint' if u see lance =(

eunice.. dun 4get thurs abt 12.20pm lunch hor =) u mean ur maid dun wan to work le or u ask her to leave? hmmm... u gotta b 'super mummy' to look aft 3 kids yourself =D

kathy.. 'wave wave'.. long time no hear =) i also read fm abt the increase.. but hvnt heard fm cc yet.. paisay..u got 2 gals or 1boy 1gal arh? i 4gotten le.. =D

tiffany.. wow.. tat's a lot of bottles & teats u hv in stock!! no choice.. either gv away or post WTS ba.. re milk intake.. so they drink abt 4oz morning & nite via cup now? hmmm.. tat's almost half fm their usual intake.. if they feel 'full' & dun ask for more then shd b ok.. cos remember u mentioned lucas is milk monster... hopefully he'll get use to tis 'cut down' soon.. may b in the day u offer him other nutritious food if u scare his calcium intake is not enuff.. jus last nite i told zann... 'u r p2 alr u wanna drink milk fm bottle till how old'? u not shameful meh?' her ans : 'aiya... i oni drink at home wat's the prblm? some of my frds also lidat... then i can lay down & enjoy my milk & hug my bolster sametime.. the taste is good lidat' =x

sugarnut.. ooops.. may b big L drink too much milk/water b4 bedtime or he 'dreaming' 4get to wake up & pee pee =D then how? did u put a plastic sheet below the bedsheet? oic.. so now u all on your own... shb feel abit hectic w/o a helper since u hv one b4.. nvm.. once u get the 'kick' then u'll b able to do house chores/settle the kids in your own pattern...

cm...when u starting work? if the hse got no 'ppl'/cctv.. chances of the maid to 作怪 v high... u jus gotta b alert when ur new maid arrives... dun let her hv chance to mingle w those black sheeps....

Hi mummies...

kathy, T1's cc oredi increased price twice liao.

Tiffany, use cane to threaten? Hav u ever used it on them? At least they r afraid den u will b able to succeed in ur plan.

sugar nut, *wave wave* how hav u been? very long no hear from u liao. I'm left wif another mth of ML. Fast hor? Me will b back to work in no time. T2 has been abit cranky lately. Last nite even woke up every hr to make noise. -_- I'm practically a zombie today.

eunice, when r u due har? So nice u gonna b SAHM soon. Gettin ready for ur little princess?

cherie_bear: maybe my mum reali misplace it.

junnie: though seldom post but everyday still read the updates of all of u
happy.gif
mine two princess....

Maruko: faint twice somemore..another month and end of ur ML is so fast..will miss the boys ya.

hello mummies!

we are back from Taiwan!
happy.gif

a lovely place with lovely ppl! LOVE IT!!! and the boys had great fun there, exploring ard and zq seems so mature now, many times he helps us to carry luggage, remind us to bring along the usual stuff, and he even initiated to chit chat wi locals there! im glad he loves travelling so much
happy.gif
an an is the more mischievous one! but he's a friendly boy too, keep "hello" to everyone.. haa

re weaning from bottles:
both my boys have been drinking from cup.. zq has been spoon-feeding for long and started cup feeding ard 1yr+.. an an is also drinking very well from cup now, just when he turn 2yo.. the reason i dislike bottle feeding is i dun like them to drink to sleep, i prefer them to drink milk from cup then brush their teeth, and settle themselve to bed.. and i think drinking from bottle is really a habit and not a need esp for our close to 4yo kids..

doobom & hippo:
congrats on your new jobs! all the best!

Cherry : so gd till now I have not receive the letter. Is there any dateline tat we have to register? This is the 1st child bb bonus?

Back