(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

Topic: Teething

Are your babies showing symptoms of teething?? Caelen is sooo irritable today. Refused to drink milk and drooling till the bib is wet. Seems like symptoms of teething leh. The thing is that I am bringing him for his jab this saturday... afraid that he will have fever due to teething which may complicate the jab. Anyone with experience can share?

pinkyj i think people all cannot read one la. even girl wear pink aso say is boi. my boi wear a blue shirt but wrapped in a white towel with pink border aso say is girl. really peng one. people just wanna say what they like to say...never open eyes big big de. sighs....

my ben seems to be having some adverse effects to the jabs and rota leh. he has been pooing rather frequently - 5 times today. no fever thank god! he had his vaccination on 2 jan. any mothers experienced this?

peapod: i wonder if my girl is also teething soon cos her biting and sucking of her hand is pretty bad like she really HAS to do it.

drooling alot too.

atinarin, peapod,
my gal is also teethin i think.. she has been droolin alot too... even when i'm feedin her she will try to stuff her thumb or finger into the mouth while the teat is still in in!! hahaha..

oh ya.. she also like to stuff watever things tat she can grab hold of into her mouth.. if my finger is near her mouth she will try to 'suck' my finger in or nearer and her tongue will be stickin out tryin to lick it... hahahaha

hey angel, ok...will find some time to send u this weekend, now just finish reading today's posting, quite busy at work.

mummyfaith: these days PM are very slow or disappeared into space, i didn't receive ur PM leh. Can email me instead? Tks

Peapod,
Jade has been so irritable today too...wake up only cry..dunno what's wrong with her. Usually she's happy to play in her cot awhile. Then whole day cannot leave her alone..want to be carried. Haiz...Feeding also cry and cry.
sad.gif
My mother say she woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

Re drooling, I asked my PD the last time abt Jade droolin too...he said babies at 3 months tend to drool alot, its not because she's teething. And this is also the time they 'discover' things by 'tasting' and 'licking' and wanting to put everything in their mouth! Now must watch carefully what they put in their mouths.

Ben Mum,
Jade took her 5-in-1 jab and rotavirus together too a few weeks back. She was ok...and no changes in poo pattern..i.e. still poo once in a few days.
happy.gif

angel, low, thanks for the advise on changing to teat no. 3!

but don't think i can change now leh. 2 reasons:
1) CANNOT find avent teat no. 3 in the market now! Don't know what is wrong with avent leh...everywhere sell only no. 1. All the rests like no. 2,3 and 4 has been OOS for a loooong time! Went kiddy palace and BHG today and can't find at all!
angry.gif

2) my boy is down with cough and flu
sad.gif
so I dare not anyhow change his teat coz I'm afraid will affect his drinking.

arisz, i bought my number 3 teats from kaki bukit the baby kingdom. u wan to try there? therre plenty of stock.

Arisz,
Ya think better wait till yr boy recovers then change teat. Hope he gets better soon! Poor thing! Ya lor most places OOS...I also wanted to buy during the Isetan and Robinsons sale but dun have stock, went to Kiddy Palace, Mothercare and even Mustafa also dun have
sad.gif
In the end bought it at Cheong Choon.

Voice,
Ok no problem, oh ya you are back at work already. How's Sam with the baby in the day? Got withdrawal symptoms?

arisz,
u can call the philip-avent at toa payoh lor 1.. they should hv the stock.. last time when i needed the magic cream.. all departmental stores no stock. but they hv!!

Angel,
My Dr Ong is the one at TMC. Not sure whether he has a clinic at United square. Dr Ong Eng Keow.

Hi, how come all ur bbs poo so little? Mine like everyday don't know how many times. Waste diaper
sad.gif
Is it because bb is under BM? Very difficult to differentiate whether it is diarrhoea.

Think teething should start around 6 months bah? I vaguely remember it coincides with the ideal timing for stopping breastfeeding. That's 6months. That time, I was still admiring how amazing nature is. Teething starts when breastfeeding supposed to be insufficient for nutritional value. So nipple won't be biten off. Am I right? Correct me if I am wrong.

Dear Daemae,
My bb takes about 100ml per time and each feed only last 2-3 hours. Say I feed her at 6am before I leave for work, she needs another 4-5 feed before I get home. My supply can sustain her when I am at home latching but in office....... not really possible to pump so often lor. Although my boss understanding too, twice, I already very paiseh.
One of my friends quite amazing. She only pumps after work and she said she can get 500ml one shot. Enough for her bb full day feed and her bb two months older. I AM ABSOLUTELY AMAZED about how she can contain 500 ml! I tried her method to accumulate till end of day and at most 200ml. Not possible. Sekarly accidentally cause milk to dwindle..
Will post my bb photo when I get home
happy.gif

helloz mummies!

yeah agreed with irene...winnie there most of the stuff also have...discounted rate some more...worth to get most of the stuff there!
happy.gif

for avent fanz...their HQ in toa payoh philips should and most likely to have all the accessories.

we even got the avent bag which is not available in s;pore market but called them and asked...they can specially bring in lor...but dun fang fei ji lar...

Hi <font color="0000ff">mummyfaith</font>..
Has u started sending baby Faith to infant care? Which infant care she is going? In Sengkang too? My boy is also taken care by infant care, and I am planning to bring him for the pneumococcal jab this month.. Heard it is painful, sigh, but no choice... His health is important...

Hi <font color="0000ff">Peapod</font>..
I agree with Angel, my PD told me the same thing abt drooling.. At 3-4 months, it is too early for teething... But I read in some books that excess saliva can be a sign of teething... Contradicting hor?

Hi <font color="0000ff">Voice</font>..
How r u coping with work? Hope everything is under control
happy.gif
Your colleagues must have missed u a lot..

goldfishy,

hee... ur logic sounds correct leh. i hv heard abt bb biting nipple while breastfeeding... actually smtimes my gal bite me too. but wif her gums, slightly painful... can't imagine if she has teeth. OUCH!!

its indeed tough for workin mummies. i agree, wif latching, supply is not an issue. but smhow, our breasts dun response to pump very well.
i'm oso amazed and oso equally envious by the amt of milk some mummies can pump per sessions.
mine juz barely sufficient.. i do hv some reserve in the freezer in case of tat. hopefully can 'tong' till 6mths. by then i can slowly wean her off.

sighs...see u all tokking about weaning bfing....must really plan well to bf my next bb (if he/she comes). need to make sure my flat nipples are big enough....

gd morning all mummies....long time no come in liao, been bz with work as well not enough sleep so very sian...

now we are all discussing abt how fast our bb grow....

don't know y recently my bb don't poo so often. she used to poo every 2 days (feeding on half BM half formula), but this wk almost today the 5th day liao, still no poo yet, and stomach not bloated, don't know wat happen, any advice mummies?

hello mummies..

nynke also drooling like crazy and my mum says she's teething..crazy lah..she aslo sucking left hand and read from book that says that show signs of weaning for semi-soild food...even crazier hor...she only coming to 15 wks leh...

Hi BubuMama,

Long time no see
happy.gif
My Jade also on BM and sometimes I do give her formula when we go out. She only poo poo once every 2-3 days but there was one time up to 7 days no poo. Then on 8th day there was explosive poo action! If your bb is behaving and feeding normally, think no need to worry yet. Maybe give bb some water. My PD said if more than 7 days then go see him and he'll insert suppository to help bb to poo poo =)

ya long time no come in liao....angel, tks for the assurance of bb poo-ing....
been so worried that don't feel like working today, cos never so long she no poo...hahaha

my diet hv been very strict also very healthy (i think lah), fish soup, kway teow soup, no heaty stuff leh....

actually i shld be belonging to the oct mummies thread cos my bb overdue till the 2nd oct then c-section to "drag" her out....hahaha

wow, explosive poo action - u mean a lot at one go on the 8th day.

angel,
if on full bm can dun poo up to 10 days..dun think pd shd advocate the suppository leh...

radiance, your boy sucks loudly too? vv cute hor...i like watching my girl suck her hand..hubby feels shd give her pacifier but MIL is against it.

Bubumama,
Haha I know what you mean...that time when Jade never poo so long I was so worried and found myself checking her diapers every hour hoping to find some poo! Never looked forward to seeing poo so much before! LOL!

But be prepared for a shock hor..when Jade finally poo poo'd...I was horrified! So much until I dunno how to clean...was screaming for my hubby to come help me hold her legs up so I can clean properly. Heh..think I used up at least 20 wet tissues.

yo mummies
So sian at work..no more 'holiday' liao since all bosses one by one start to appear in office...SUPER SIANZ!!!

Re:Gathering
"Heard" someone mention gathering? When?? hehee

my ryann 5 days nv poo too... i just waiting for the day.... last night think he like gt nightmare like tat. suddenly cry at 4am - 5 am... dunno why, i tried all methods also cannot.end up i fed up i ask my hubby deal with him!!

Re: auntie
my came like so much until i giddy ah... lose too much blood... first time like tat... worse then post delivery. some more on 1st Jan!!!!! wat a way to start 2008

hihi bubumama,

re : poo
agree wif angel, if bb not fussy, drinking and behaving normally.. no ned to worry.
my bb oso same case. she on TBF but dun poo every day. but i realise tat if she has been letting out gas very often, then the poo poo will come the next day. mayb its juz a habit of hers... hee

angel,

i shared your 'shock'. wahahaha. when my gal finally poo after a few days, her whole buttock and private area all buried by her poo. very disgusting lor.. but then am still elated tat she finally poo... hehe
tdy 4th day no poo liao... she has been letting out alot of gas... hehe, i'm ready for volanic eruption anytime.. keke

Hi <font color="0000ff">Phoebe</font>..
My boy also had a nightmare, he suddenly cried out loudly at around 11:30pm... I quickly carry him &amp; pat him until he feel "safe" &amp; comfy, then he stopped crying... Phew!

Yeah, the first "auntie visit" after childbirth is usually scary! I had mine one month ago, wow! It was like water pipe, I kept changing my pads... I'm having my 2nd visit now, seems better &amp; normal...

i have a way of making baby poo without using suppository if you all want to try. but pls do not do this too often as baby might rely on it to poo.

use a cotton bud (not too hard type) and dip the tip into vaseline. then push it into bb's anus and turn softly. once u pull the cotton bud out, baby wld poo almost immediately. u mummies might wish to try this method taught by my gal's PD. hope it works for your bb too!

darmae,

yes, it works w/o fail for my gal. almost immediately, she poo... but pls dun use this method too frequently k. also dun use it if it's not more than 2 days since bb poo.

wow, so many mummies giving me all the advise. bb going for 2nd injection 2mr, if she still no poo, think will ask pd to force her liao....but meko's method like very tempted too....think if next time (touch wood) if bb still nvr poo for so many days, will try this method.
happy.gif

amy: sucking means weaning time for semi solids?

Hey may be true cos my tiny one looks very interested in the food we eat you know...she will always look and like wonder what we are eating.

My MIl always says put some on her lips so she can get a taste. I dont dare.

talking abt sucking....my bb gal (only turn 3 mth few days ago), been sucking on her wraist recently (near end 2 mth), so my mum was saying becos i didn't gif her pacifier so she go no where to suck, hand kanna wrap (by mitten) so only part of her body can reach is the wraist, i even tape down video to watch every time went pump milk in the office....

some time i eat fruits, will bite and clear the skin, &amp; let her suck on the fresh of the fruits, she will stick out her tough to taste, very funny....

Re: Poo
My gal also not pooing everyday, sometimes 2 - 3 days interval. Did check with PD, she says its normal unless its like 7 - 10 days without any poo, then must use the medicine insert into the anus. Sometimes she will poo 2 - 3 times a day, after 3 days without pooing, and prior to that she will let out gas as a warning alert that shes going to have a "big eruption".

Any mummies tried giving bottled fuit juice (those Heinz type) to baby already or fresh fruit juice? Is it ok to give them?

Bubu mama, my gal also chew on her fist and fingers, since shes almost 3 mths, and shes taking pacifier.... theres once when i see her put 8 fingers into her mouth to chew, i give her the pacifier she suck for 5 sec and spit it out, then continue on her fingers again.... both her hands, mouth and top are soaked in her saliva.... The way i looked at her enjoyment.... its as if her fingers are so delicious..... Sigh....

Re:poo

My gal who is on TBM also poos every few days, can be up to 7days. PD said its normal as long as the poo is like mustard. According to PD, there are 2 kinds of extremes for TBF babies. one extreme is poo few times a day and another extreme is poo one explosive every few days. Nothing to worry abt it.

Re: Drooling and teething
My gal also drools alot lately. To share my experience, my #1 boy started teething abt 4+mths lei, so, the drooling could be a sign of teething.

re: teething
my mum tells me that my gal gum very hard, like going teething any time, i told her can't b so fast lah, cos ppl always sd 7th mth - sit, 8th - crawl &amp; 9th mth - teething....anyway it all depends on how much calcium she absorbs when in our womb, rite.

re: poo
tks for all mummies to share on this poo-ing thing, at least i can concentrate on my work rather then worried so much on it. will highlight to my pd 2mr when going for her 2nd jab.

Qns: when u mummies take out the mitten from ur bb? once in a while while breast feeding, i will take out and let bb hand aired &amp; found out that her hand like wet wet leh....been trimming her nails liao, but she likes to rub her eyes with her hands, so mum was saying wait kanna her eye balls, so i still keep her mitten on (even now at 3 mth). pls advise

Dear Bubu Mama, I have already removed my mittens for bb since I last met u. Cos she kept sucking her thumb through the mittens and the whole thing got so wet. Very gross and I was thinking, let her suck fingers to explore and at least I can use towel to clean every now and then. Can't be changing mittens all the time mah.

Hi Mummies,
Talking about wet hands and feet. Do you find ur bb having wet palms and feet? Mine seems to have. I am thinking whether she might have sweaty palms and feet. Mum kept saying I ate too "liang" stuff. Or is it normal? I forgot to ask PD during last appt.

Hi voice,
Ok I email you. Tks.

Hi Emily,
Yes Faith is in infantcare already since she was 2 mths old. I send her to Learning Vision at KKH as I stay in Little India. I also haven't taken her for pneumococcal jab, should be doing it this mth. She got no reaction to the 5 in 1 jab so dunno if she will cry the next time.

Re: CNY gathering
Very fast hor...CNY is ard the corner. Quite excited as its the 1st CNY for our babies, then also can collect ang pao liao!
biggrin.gif
Good idea to have CNY gathering leh, but where huh? I just bought new yr clothes for my girl today from bum wear. I also bought matching tops for me and my hubby...heehee...

Re: Poo
Hahaha...BuBu Mama, my girl also went on poo strike for 6 days. I was also very worried as she is also on TBF and usually poo everyday one. When she didn't poo her fart was very smelly! So I was very happy when she finally did it last night! Very massive, had to bring her to rinse her bottom otherwise dunno how to clean with wet wipes.

Re: Drooling
PD mention that during 3 mths baby will drool alot but doesn't mean teething yet. He just said now its the time to bring out the bibs and start using! Faith has so much drool that we really have to keep the bib on 24/7 otherwise her clothes will be wet all the time.

Re: Mittens
BuBu Mama, you can remove the mittens already for your baby as at this age they are starting to develop their motor skills and sense of touch. I stop letting my girl wear mittens after she turned 1 mth but have to trim her nails often otherwise she will scratch herself. She also likes to rub her eyes with her fingers but I just push her hand away everytime I see her doing it. She has just started to grab things with her hands a few days ago, now she will reach out for her toys hanging from the mobile and play gym already.

goldfishy,
my gal also have very wet hands and feet.. jus saw her pd and she said tat its inborn wan.. so jus have to wait till she outgrow it.. her is really very kua zhang wan, her feet can get so wet tat it looks like somebody jus sprayed her feet with water... its really drippin wet!! my pd said tat as long bb is growin well and healthy then it no cause to be worried abt..
happy.gif

tks mummyfaith....aiyo i must hv missed out a lot of things for not coming in to the forum earlier....actually i notice my gal been trying to grab things like the little toys hanging on the rocking chair last wk, but becos of her mittens, she ended up beating the toys.hahaha....
i almost every wk need to trim her nails, they like grow very fast long leh - qns: need to file her nails (excuse my ignorance)? sorry lah, 1st time mum &amp; i don't file my so don't know whether need to file bb one.

think next wk onwards will tell my mum not to put on her mittens, then how abt booties, can remove also? i also realise their feet grow quite fast also, and the rubber on the booties cause my bb ankle dended inwards, how? any advise. tks.

bubumama,

re: mittens

shld remove liao... cos bb ned to develop fine motor skills and start exploration. for sure, bb will poke her nose or eyes.. but soon they will learn hw to control beta.

re: nails

yeah, they nails grow very fast... i usu check my gal's nails every 3 days.. trim where necessary. worried tat she will scratch her face unknowingly. but not necessary to file.

re: booties

i'm not quite sure abt the rubber on the booties causing bb ankle to bend inwards,. is it too tight?
i hv stop wearing booties for my gal since 2mths old. been donning baby legs most of the time when we are out in a/c environment. otherwise usu i juz leave her w/o booties or socks

mummyfaith,

maegan same as your faith... fart smelly if she nv poo for days.. wahaha
can't imagine the smell when they start to take solids... hehe

tks darmae
re: booties
think is becos my bb on the bigger size, like daddy/mummy like bb (both of us quite big size)....so cause the rubber to dend her ankle inwards....wonder will it recover

k, will remove everything from my bb after tis wk....hahaha except the clothing .....

tks for all the advise from all the mummies.

so will there b any gathering during cny? think will be able to join as i missed out the last one....(but mine bb become the oct bb liao) hope u all mummies don't mind
happy.gif

bubumama,

mayb let PD have a look and assess the condition... hope its nothing too serious and she'll recover soon.

hahaha... u sooo funnie. remove everythg.. keke

no worries, can still join us... all mummies welcome!!

Back