(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

wah lbs, you still on teat #1 ?!! i have long changed to teat #3 for my boy when he was 2+ mths old. i couldn't tahan the long feeding time (bad mummy)...

wow...great to hear that so many babies able to flip already!

congrats jerald!
happy.gif

pillow
boh bian, Missy Rae Yan has small throat..imagine using Teat#1 she also sometimes like kana choked *roll eyes*

congrats to mummies whose bbies can flip already !! my boy is still struggling to support his head first.... :p

a fren of mine came to visit me yesterday. she just called me that she might have chicken pox !!! gosh, i hope my boy is not infected
sad.gif

Hi Pillow,
My boy is also struggling to flip... I think he has the strength, but do not know the correct technique... Every night, he will practice flipping on his playpen... Practice practice n practice until he is tired and he will fall to sleep... So funnie...!
happy.gif

Hi pillow. I see. I do have fever and chills yesterday but better already today. So will observe today and see. Thanks!

RE: Flipping
Can try letting baby lie on bed without diapers. Caelen flips much faster this way
happy.gif
He is still not very enthusiatic about it though.. only does it once in a while and when we change his diapers.

Hi Peapod,

I also had lumps in my breast for 2 times so far. My fever even went up to 40.1 degree and i was shivering. My hubby even wanted to send me to the hospital.

What i did was to apply cold cabbage to my breast, got my gal to latch on whenever possible, use hot towel and ate panadol. I know how painful and terrible it feels...It took me 3 days to clear...

Re: Feeding
I use the pacifier to trick my gal into latching on nowadays. And recently, she seems to have a stronger preference for my left breast...When i give her my right one..she will yell!! So whenever i feed my gal..i need to standy her pacifier..

Think my gal is also drinking much lesser nowadays..but since she is so strong..can flip, can lift up her head, can cry so loud!! I just let it be..Getting her to drink milk has become a tougher task as compared to getting her to sleep..

hihi mummies, jus popping by to say Hi & happy 2008!! :>

hmm...seems like im not the only one facing the new problems - bb refusing milk! i now dread feeding my bb, cos hes stuggling so hard like i'm feeding him poison.. haiz.. at first, i thot hes in discomfort, windy tummy etc.. but then he can play, makes lots of funny & cute noises (as if hes talking) & is still so active, so i deduce bb just wanna play! but refuses milk.. haiz.. kept worrying that hes not taking enough... oh well... bbs are supposed to be smart rite? they will drink when they are hungry? i hope..
happy.gif

hmm.. seems like some mummies are upgrading the teats to #3 already? maybe i shld try too.. hope it helps in making bb takes in more milk b4 his attention span ends~ hehe..

btw, Hi Peapod, pls take care! hope yr feeling better now
happy.gif

wow! Poohwei, yr bb can flip already ahh? so cute! mine still shows no sign of flipping..hmm.. maybe hes a late bloomer.. :p but its ok, i hope he catches up soon~ hee...

Hi mummies, thanks for the advice. I think i shld change his teat to no 3 as well
happy.gif

I'm glad tat jerald can flip by his own but hor it means 24/7 on standby & more busy cos he'll also flip when he sleep at night. He just flip like nobody business but only from his back to his tummy lah so mummies be careful when bb flip at night cos thy may flip till face downwards which is very dangerous if thy can't flip back. Just a gentle reminder
happy.gif

Hi Poohwei, can teach me how u trick ur gal to latch using a pacifier?? My boy dun wan to latch anymore though i tried many ways
sad.gif

Hi mummies,
Happy new year to all!!

Hmm re feeding problems at this stage, I've read that babies at 3-4 months should be feeding abt 4-5 times a day only. So maybe they're not interested that's why they are struggling? Try to increase the time between feeds coz babies at this age can go for 4 hours liao, but increase the amt at each feed.

Thanks peapod!
happy.gif
Hope u get well soon!

Charsiew so nice to see u.. hee..hee.. I guess all our babies have enuf fats to last them longer n they are getting more active and playful.. likes to play more than eat haha
Charsiew, my charlene who is 1 day older than ur boy also shows no sign of flipping.. no worries hee..hee..

Irene u mean jerald sleep and flip at night??? Then how if u fall asleep and I did not realise le ...

angel
actually I think the mummies concern here is babies are drinking lesser each feed...

Re: flipping
my gal has shown some 'interest' in flipping (or I think she is cos she keeps turning to sideway..
lol.gif

I guess some babies are just late bloomer..
happy.gif

My ah boy only show interest when he was abt 6months & managed to have his full flip coming to nearly 7 months wor..this mean he knew how to sit without support way before he can flip!
lol.gif

hee..hee.. lbs my mum say maybe my gal like me very cautious don't dare to take risk cos I dont know how to flip till quite old too and then i don't like to flip scare to fall hahahaha

just came back from seeing my son's pd today. =D
he is 63 cm tall and weighs 6.7 kg. both height and weight in the 75 percentile. =D

show u all some pic how he can hold his head up....=D
now so strong...esp when i put his hands under his chest....just took this yesterday. =D

1175840.jpg

Hi mummies, can I check if any babies has sticky milk spit out.... cos my fren saw my gal spit out and commented that she has flem as it was sticky. How to clear the flem? She has been rather cranky these few days, and she likes to put her head back whenever being cradle carried.... why is this so? I did ask PD before and she told me that she may be stretching her stomach muscle..... if im not wrong.... and shes doing it more often now.... :p

Ben Mum

Ur boy so cute hee..hee.. he got big dark black eyes le
happy.gif
My charlene when lay on her tummy hor don't know how to put her hands under her chest i got to help her always if not she be like an aeroplane haha both her hands hanging in the air haha

Ben Mum
So fast Ben can lift his head so firm le..remember you were just telling me during the gathering that you are worry he aint doing that yet..hahahaa

low
My gal also, have to help one, & she worst hor, not like aeroplane, more like "四体投地" while trying hard to lift her head...hahaa

hi mummies, today my 1st day at work after such a long break. Glad and happy to be back at work, think probably Pillow & me are the only fews that look forward to working...haahaaa!

recently we see my boy can finish 140ml so we up his intake by another 10ml, so now he can drink 150ml max, sometimes left 10-20ml. He also drinks very slow leh, quick can be 15-20mins, slow can be half hr to 1hr when he is distracted or drift into lala land.

voice
you back to work le huh? hehee..I also look forward to work mah but will miss my kids at the end of the day loh...
lol.gif

low, i got a shock when i saw jerald nearly flipped with his face down in middle of the night few days back. Then i turned him over he's still sound asleep
lol.gif
So must remind all mummies here to keep a lookout
happy.gif

lbs, low,
have to put his hands below him la. he so silly one. use his tummy power to push himself up. then er ni all over the place. i place his hands beneath him, then he so straight and tall le. LOL

irene, me just moved the cot lvl down, cos i aso scared. he may flip out of his cot!
peng...they flip in their sleep? hmm...then we cannot sleep liao? o NO!!!!!!

funny, ur gal really looks like u lei but hor her hair maybe like her daddy lah
lol.gif

Ben Mum, ur boy's hair also very stylo hor all stand up one. U never comb his hair huh
lol.gif
ya ya better be careful hor cos u won't know when thy flip in their dream
happy.gif

Belated Happy New Year to all mummies & babies!

I had so much fun during the gathering but have been busy with Faith over the long weekend and didn't have time to check out the forum till today as I'm back in office. Wow! So many cute photos...hahaha...and funny ones too!

Emily, thank you and your hubby for hosting us!

peapod, thanks for arranging the toy rental. Faith seems to enjoy the jumperoo & exersaucer so much that now her daddy is seriously sourcing one for the lowest price and he also went to get her a bumbo seat already!

Phoebe, the photo of ryann and faith is so adorable! Hope theres chance to meet up again so the 2 lovers can see each other
kao_clap.gif

Re: Flipping
Faith has been practising diligently but has yet to flip. Whenever we lay her down she will immediately swing herself to one side and try to flip. After a few tries she become pek chek that she cannot flip and will make noise, then we will assist her to flip and once she is on her tummy she is happy already.

Re: Drink less milk
Same for my girl lah, last time always seem to be hungry and her highest record was 180ml! Now she is less interested in milk and more interested in playing and talking!

hi tinyvoice,
thanks. will check that out. wow..your boy drinks 150 ml ah..my girl still at 90-100ml leh..dun think she can take in more. my ss also hovering at 90ml per side when i pump at 4-5 hrs interval. hope this time i can still TBF her for at elast 1 year. so how's work? I'm on lve for this mth and requesting NPL wef 1 feb 08 till 31 dec 08. dun know can get approval or not..but then again..having 2nd thot abt staying at home..it's nice to be with colleagues and away from home but then..miss baby leh..headache..

peapod, do take care. think sudden stop to pumping is causing your body to go hay-wire.

rxsti
regarding the phelgm. Are you breast-feeding or giving cow's milk? My gal also has the same problem. Went to PD recently, diagnosed tat she is actually allergied to cow's milk, hence, changed to soy milk now. She is much better now and has since stopped spitting thick sticky phelgm. You may want to chk with ur PD again if your gal is allergied to cow's milk.

Peapod
Agree tat you cant stop expressing immediately. It has to be handled carefully and gradually. I am also reducing my SS and stretching my pump interval. Haiz... needs alot of patience. It took me 2 mths to stopped totally when i wean off #1 last year! This time, I may just pop medicine to stop, dun have patient liao, very stressful with 2 kids!

babies can flip in their sleep? aiyo...but if they are swaddled?

mine yet to flip...neck also not so stable...she lokoed so funny in her bumbo seat...head bobbing away

Hi mummyfaith, glad that Faith liked it. So did Caelen
happy.gif

Hi amy and tiffany, thanks for your concern
happy.gif
I feel better already.

Since we are posting pics of babies lying on tummies, here's Caelen's
happy.gif
Abit blur though. Urggh... it is so difficult to get nice pics of babies. They cannot smile while keeping still one.

Oh, also uploaded this photo that looked like those insurance/real estate agents type. Tot it's funnie hehee..

1176211.jpg
1176212.jpg

hi tiffany, shes on BM with 1 nite feed on FM since day 1. SHes drinking Similac and theres no problem before. But Ive started drinking soft drinks two weeks ago, will this affect and cause phlegm? Anyway my supply like getting lesser ever since i return to work.... dont know why...

Hi Irene,

To trick my gal to latch on, i will first give her the pacifier, "standby" my breast near her mouth..When she is happily sucking her pacifier, i will then pull it out gently and quickly latch her on...Sounds comical right??

Hi Peapod,
Caelen looks so serious in the 2nd pix! Look like professor!!

Hi Poohwei,
I'm thinking of the way u mentioned also cos I also do tat when my boy refused to drink milk. I'll let him suck his pacifier till he blur blur then pull it out and put the teat in & he'll guai guai finish his milk. I'll try to test it out tonight & see if it works thanks ya
happy.gif

peapod: haha u r right, your boy looks like an agent...those housing agent type of photos.

back to school today and i am already feeling ill! wah like that how...too tired i guess..on my feet the whole day long!

hi amy, am glad to be back at work...everyone said i look good but i still got 3kg to shed which is like stuck there for eternity!! Why don't you ask ur coy if u can do part time instead? Ie. half day work...then won't be bored also to face baby whole day long, at least u can to achieve what you want, work life balance.
happy.gif

hi TiNy VoIcE, Phoebe Low, thanks for the suggestion! My boy's toe seems to be better today.

Re: feeding
My boy feed between 100-160ml per feed 4 hourly. Heartache ah when he waste milk...coz milk powder expensive...keke!
lame.gif

He still wakes up for night feed, anytime between 3 to 6am, so tiring!

By the way, those of you who change to teat no. 3 for avent, how did you do it? Did you just change it 1 fine day and baby never reject? I tried it once 2 wks ago and my boy refused to drink his milk!

LAST CALL for mummyfaith & tequilapop! Please email me your bank a/c no. to transfer the excess for the lunch gathering which you paid.

hi mummies,

re: flipping
maegan did her first flip on the 1st day of new year. tat was a nice start of the year.. hehe
but then hor, her feet got trapped in between the cot bumper so she started screaming lor. LOL
in the end, we thot it was safer to place her on the bumpe mat. she did her flips more smoothly... mum say probably the weight on the mattress causes some gradient difference. hence resulting in a bit of hindrance.

re : feeding
maegan had the longest stretch of interval tdy... 5 hrs after direct latching. i hv no idea hw much she has taken... but usu she wud be hungry by 4 hrs. is it common for bb of this age? i hv been reading tat some mummies oso hv common problems like this?

peapod,

caelen really looked so pro in tat photo leh.. hehe. very potential ah...
hope u are feeling beta nw.

Hi arisz,
Yup I changed to the 3 hole teats for 3m+ a few weeks back too...initially she looked so surprised that the milk was flowing so fast and choked abit, but after that she looked rather pleased and finished all her milk in less than 5 mins! My girl is 'tam jia' one...maybe that's why no problem haha!

Ben Mum, Peapod,
Your sons can lift their heads so high up! Now I'm starting to get worried...my Jade can barely lift her head...see the pic below..this is the furthest she goes leh! And she hasn't flipped yet...think she too fat liao hehe. Is it true that fat babies flip later?

Back