(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

Hi <font color="0000ff">aidanee</font>..
Yeah, I agree. Seems easy for other mummies, but not me.

I saw a mummy carrying her baby in a sling at Taka nursery room. She was changing diapers for her baby in the room. It seems so easy for her to slide her baby in & out the sling. I wonder how she do it. She also carry one big bag with her.

Another problem is also bcos my boy cant stop crying when he is put into sling. Maybe bcos it is warm inside and he cannot see. He likes to look around, and thus easier to settle in a stroller instead.

Emily, I know what you mean.. I also find it a challenge to bring baby out alone as he's so cranky. So this Friday's gathering will be a test for me
happy.gif
As for the sling, there's a way to carry baby such that his head is outside the sling and only his body is inside.

Pinkyj, see you on Friday!

Hey I just wonder how to identify everyone on Fri cuz we've never met..

Hi <font color="0000ff">Bena</font>..
Are you bringing yr stroller or sling? Or just handcarry your baby?

Well, some of us have met before. Not a lot of mum with newborn babies at CP, so shd not be an issue for identification.

Maybe we can PM each other our contact # so that we can locate each other.

Wow...

Seeing all the Sept mummies meeting up in north area.. I am so tempted...but fri working liao and north too far.. any west sept mummies interested to have meet ups?

Jolene: Good for your bb and you. Dealing with such a tiny girl like mine is not easy. Very delicate. All her clothes are too big for her. Diapers are a prob too.

Been away for quite a while... :)

Heehee... so tempted to join you gals for the gathering on Friday, but too far for me.

Have a great session... :)

Aiyo...it's been 6 weeks and the extra kgs is still following me! Really wonder when I will be able to "discard" those extra kgs. Any mummies got idea??

The massage sessions that I had didn't seems to work leh... only managed to "dispel" air. Waistline still very thick.

atinarin,

guess being a first time mum not as easy as i thought it would be. brought her to PD last nite as she merlion 3 times in a row. was quite worried. PD said tat too much wind inside stomach. my hb keep saying tat my bruping method was wrong. quite angry with him, he always think tat everything he do is correct. cant really sleep well, think want to collapse liao.

atinarin, i totally can understand wat u feel. My tiny gal's still rather tiny at 2.5 months (she was 2.54kg at birth & 2.4kg when she left the hospital). During her 1st 2 months, all her clothes and diapers were too big for her, even the newborn sizes... but both HB & I just can't cuddle her enough. Think abt it, they're only this small for a short while & before u know it, they'll grow too heavy for us to carry... so now, i'm just enjoying my petite little gal as much as i can. So dun worry too much abt her size yah?

Ade, Atinarin and Jolene,
My boy was born small too. 2.77kg at birth and left hospital at 2.68kg. Also very fragile. But now he's nearing 5kg and my arms are breaking carrying him. I already miss his littleness last time even though I was quite worried abt his weight then. He was so cute then. Enjoy them small while you can..
happy.gif

puppygal, i agreed, a gathering in the west will be good! Else, the two of us just gather at each other place or downstairs playground with babies, haahaaha!

wah angel...

u very steady and garang leh.. thot u stay near sengkang. but u actually stayed in the west!!! and dare to venture the long distance with your bb.

atinarin, my bb oso small, at birth 2.73kg, discharged at 2.55kg. nw at 7 weeks, she oni 4.4kg. small bb lor...but like wat bena say, enjoy them small while we can... keke

also can plan another gathering in the central part to suit most pple also can lar
happy.gif

so far anyone visited the globetrotters in united square?

hi funny..me not backyet leh..cannot join u gals..

clement, i heard from my sis the food is not nice at globetrotters--her boy's fish n chips came 'undercook'..

united squareis a good meeting place..got a baby room..with 3 changing station, 3 nursing room...got water dispenser somemore

Bena, I am still thinking whether to join in or not. I have a really challenging baby he will cry before he got into sleep, cry for milk - especially when I am waiting for the maid to warm up the milk.

Each time we bought the baby out, only ended up by rushing back home with a crying baby AND I never bring baby out alone by myself! So I am still thinking if I am bring him out, how am I going to handle him. I told I husband I would like to go for gather with you all, he said bring in-laws >.<

My baby is on EBM on the day and FM at night, he poo a lot!! At least three times a day. Is that too much?

Went to Globetrotters a few times ... the food not bad lah.
happy.gif

Yah, meet Novena Square or United Square then I dare to bring baby out w/o hubby and car. Haha, at most take taxi since it's not too far away from my place.
happy.gif

Darmae,
Ya I also dunno how I'm gonna get there! Its really very far now that you mention it haha! I thought of popping into a cab but I think my cab fare will be over $25. Maybe won't go liao
sad.gif

Wiselyn, funny,
Ya I like united square too...very baby friendly place and not crowded
happy.gif
Do you North Easters mind meeting up there instead of SengKang? Its more central leh.

puppygal, Tiny,
Where in the west do you stay?
happy.gif

Who else here is staying in west? Maybe we can organise another gathering in Vivocity next week one of the weekdays. Is anyone interested?

about the Infacol Wind Drops how many times you all give to your baby in a day?

My husband only allowed me to give to my baby one time in a day, which is late afternoon because my boy love to cry at that timing almost each day.

Hi shirley,
I give it at every feed which is every 3 to 4 hours. You're supposed to give Infacol at every feed so that the wind won't accumulate. But make sure you stick to the recommended dosage of 0.2ml each time.

hi angel, puppygal and i stay at jurong west, we're just next block to each other.
happy.gif

Yeah, i don't mind vivocity, hee hee, at least centralise place. I told my hubby yesterday...i feel like am stuck at home with a baby, very routine, used to be very carefree and am quite upset lor, haiz...he said why don't i go meet up with friends and such...go out!! bring bb too... haahaa, i think i can survive with bb in sling, cos' he seems to enjoy zzzz inside.

Hey north-easterners: change venue lah...meet at vivo city leh, at least place is big, when bb cries, it's not so audible...haahaaaa!

Hi mummies,

For those of you who are thinking of getting cooler bags to transport EMB...this Fridge To Go bags are supposedly the best. Their showroom is at Toa Payoh. Check it out at the website below.

http://www.fridge-to-go.com.sg/

Ace Auto Accessories
Blk 1002 Toa Payoh Industrial Park Lor 8,
#07-1425 Singapore 319074

Tel: (65) 6352 7833

Tiny,
Ya I feel like I'm going crazy if I stay at home the whole day...do nothing but feed, burp, change diapers, sterilise bottles and pumps! Its nice to go out and talk to someone who actually talks back!!
happy.gif

Bena,
Fyi the August mums are organizing an overseas spree for Lanisoh milk bags if you're interested. Its abt $10 for a pack of 25 bags instead of $18 (price at Mothercare).

hmm, who wants lansinoh milk bags? i have 6 boxes of 25 bags each to let go at S$10/per box. Mothercare is selling at close to $20 per box.

Hi Tiny,
Can I take one box...collect from you when we meet up k?
happy.gif
I would like to try and see how it compares with the Gerber ones I'm using. Thanks! Just curious, what bags you using? Why you don't want them anymore?

Ok Sept Mummies,

Testing response for gathering at Vivocity next Tuesday, 6 Nov at 3pm. Who can make it? Pls add your name below. Any suggestions for venue? I'm thinking of Starbucks coz they've got big round tables outside where the playground is...with lots of space for our strollers.

Mummies who are going:
1) Angel n BB Jade
2)
3)
4)

Looking forward to meeting everyone! We've been talking to each other in the forum for so long...it will be nice to finally meet up.
happy.gif
All are welcome!

hi angel,

hey thanks... i was thking of getting a cooler bag but duno which wan to get. this is def worth considering.

hi tiny,

have u use the lansinoh milk bags before? i saw the review in amazon, some users say tat its not freezer friendly. the bag tend to 'break' due to the volume expansion of milk freezing to ice. is it true?

currently, im using first years milk bags but costly 25 bags for $19.80. wanted to change if there's a better n cheaper deal... am collecting the glass bottles from hospital thru a fren (save cost oso).

Hi <font color="0000ff">angel</font>..
Why not have it on a weekend? More convenient for some mummies as HB can tag along and fetch them.

Hi Tiny, oh ok you stopped bf. Btw, how do you find the bags? Does it seal on its own like a zip lock bag?

Darmae,
No prob
happy.gif
I also thinking of getting it coz the Max Cool and Avent ones only keeps the milk cold for ard 4 hours even with the ice pack inside.

Hi Em,
Re Infacol, did your PD mention why only 3 times a day? Now I'm wondering if I'm giving too much. Ooppz...must check with my PD.

Re meeting up on weekends, I am ok
happy.gif
Let's wait and see what the rest think. I was just thinking that weekdays are more ideal coz we don't have anything else to do while everyone else is at work, its less crowded at shopping malls, and some may want to spend their weekends with their hubbies and family.

Hi mummies,

Sorry tat I got to organise the gathering at Sengkang compass pt coz I still dun dare to venture out so far yet wif BB... Emily, u can take the stroller by taking LRT...LRT n MRT veri stroller friendly....

I dun mind Vivo city coz hav MRT...Novena a bit far coz I got to change MRT fr Northeast line to North line....

Mayb we juz hav the compass pt gathering 1st....I dun mind joining another gathering afterwards...

Hi angel,

it wld be gd if the timing at vivocity change to 1.30pm cos after tat I can stay longer a bit...wanted to avoid "after office hr" crowd....can go back hm b4 "after office hr" crowd....3pm might crash wif 'after office hr" crowd when gg back... juz a suggestion...

I will join if the timing change to a bit early to avoid the crowd...

Hi <font color="0000ff">Angel</font>..
I do not know why she said only 3x, din ask though. I just feed once during morning, noon & evening.

Hi mummies,

I dun be able to log in often to check the gathering status coz my notebook kanna virus....any updates can ask Wiselyn or Emily to pass it to mi thru sms...they got my no.

Hope to c more responses for the gathering....cya, mummies n BBs soon...

Btw, Amy, dun worry, we can still mit up when u r back. hope to hear fr u soon....

Hi <font color="0000ff">funny</font>..
As I have appt with gynae at 6pm, can I join u slightly later, say ard 3pm?

I will take a cab, cos my place not walking distance to MRT/LRT. HB will send me the stroller once he is back from work
happy.gif

Emily, no problem....We change to 3pm then...Wiselyn oso gg to stay until 6pm...n I can mit up husband after tat...2pm a bit early if we r gg to stay a bit late....

So Angel, will remove u liao if u change ur mind

Organising the notheast mummies n BBs mit up. Non northeast mummies r oso welcome....

Date: 2nd Nov 2007, Fri
Time: 3pm for teabreak
Venue: At compass pt starbuck

Mummies n BBs going:

1) Funny76 n Summer BB
2) Wiselyn n BB Clara
3) Emily n BB Edison
4) Bena n BB Zacchaeus

dramaqueen
me staying at jurong west street 24. preferably self collect at my place or jurong point.

angel: i never use the milk bags before leh, some i bought, some my SIL bought for me in canada ...i stopped bf before i get a chance to use the milk bags.

Back