(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

Good afternoon ... wah, so quiet ... I just came back from a morning of workout at the gym followed by lunch ... thought will have alot of postings on a blue Monday ... but still so quiet.

NateM, Darmae, Low and Florence: Yah lor, many people told me he doesn't look 13 months at all ... look like going to be 2 years old liao. My mum said he has "uncle face" ... so sad ... so that makes my Jordan a "lao baby". I miss his baby fats lor!
sad.gif

hi mummies,

long time no 'see'.

atinarin,
please take care. make ur love ones your motivation everyday, jia you.

mummies, need some advice.
1)Ryann till date have not started pointing at things. Usually babies can start to point at 9-12 months. but Ryann doesn't. i dunno why.

2)Some babies already able to utter a word or 2 like ma ma or baba. Nothing from ryann too. And it depends on his mood if he wants to wave bye bye. he only utter ba ba but he doesnt know what it means.

3) Ryann just cannot sit still. The only time he will sit still is when he is watching sesame street or wheels on the bus. after some of the songs he like, he will clap his hands. Climbing up and down is not a big issue but i face problems when i tried to introduce reading to him. I tried for many times read some stories to him but every time he either will snatch my book or will climb away to get other books from his mini library. He love fliping the book pages doesnt matter if the book is upside down. So i think he is not reading its content but just flipping the pages for fun. How to catch his attention?

4) What kind of books do you all have? Is there any interactive books to recommend that your darlings like it? Any tips to make it more interesting?

5)My son is not scare of me. He is only scare of my mum. Whenever i say NO or CANNOT sternly, he don't really care. But when ever my mum just raise her voice a little, he will sit still and quietly sit there, eyes red and his face is like so pity. I am already quite stern to him but i dunno why he is not scare leh? Sometimes i will just smack his hands whenever he still touch forbidden things such as wires even after telling him not to. But he also dun feel pain. Not scare at all. I wonder what is the method of control that is suitable for him.

Phoebe : My Little bean also not scare of me leh. he only scare of my cane and he will say : " mummy dun beat me can?" haha always dun know how to discipline him leh.

Wiselyn : mummy reason until siao liao , he is still repeating himself. haha. doesnt work when it's mummy wor. tell him cannot draw on wall this minute and the very next , he draw on the sofa and tell my helper : " dun tell mummy hor" faint!
sad.gif

florence,

have he been like that all the while or only when mei mei is born...i think ur boy is trying to seek for attention leh...your boy i feel quite an attention seeker (dun mind me say so hor)

Wiselyn : he is a no 1 jealous king. haha Actually I am a impt figure to him so he only like to disturb me. I get the most shit from him but also the most kisses lor. so somewat balance lar. haha

florence,

that's y i think alot of things he do is not because he is naughty but more to get your attention...so don't always say he is naughty lar..hee hee...he is a smart boy

Wiselyn : You know it's hard to control . coz he is such a goodie boy when he is with my helper , you know but he just love to drive me up the wall. haha

florence,

i don't know if i am right or wrong...the more angry u are with him, the happy he is in fact...cos got what he wants..which is your attention....maybe talk to him and tell him that is not the way to get attention and you still love him as much as before when mei mei is born...hee hee.

Blue, Jordan's hair grew v fast! The last time saw him still short now so long already eh?
happy.gif

Any babies on Gain IQ? Are your babies stool hard? D was on Mamex before switching to Gain IQ.. with Mamex her stools are loose and watery (easy to push out) but now she switch to Gain IQ she needs a lil more effort to push.. normal?

Fau: Fast meh? Thought his hair is growing very slow! Last time you saw him he not yet cut his hair ... we brought him for a haircut again some time last month. Btw he's also on Gain IQ ... he's ok with his stools leh ... everyday got poo at least 1-3 times.
happy.gif

Blue, now looks long, got parting some more
happy.gif
I bet he has more hair than Dahlia!

Florence/Blue: Dahlia is pooing 2-3times daily also, only the stools is very play-doh-ish... unlike the broccoli puree looking stools when she was with Mamex.

darmae, nate: forced myself out of the house today, went shopping at Orchard with bb and mummy. Had to get some essentials plus just to have lunch out and get my mind off stuff.

Phoebe:THanks and my girl is the same, she does not fear me. When she cries, my hb will shout QUIET! in our language, and she will stop. But she will be like internally sobbing! Very pitiful!

And i cannot read to her either. She tears the books and eats the paper.

We bought her the little touch leap pad system thingy for her b'day but she is very rough with that too.

BLue: Jordan looks like a 2 yr old. Or bigger. True, no more baby fats from what i remember of older pics u posted.

Fau: No prob with Gain IQ too but she does have days where she seems to be having difficulty pooing. Not sure if its related to the milk.

Spent a bomb on shopping today. BOught bb lotsa clothes, Mothercare has pretty good buys of like 3 tops for $30 and 2 pants for $24 and what not.

Vitakids is still OOS on the Healthy Times Oatmeal, hope its not a problem with some contamination or something.

Fau: Haha, let's have another round of afternoon tea soon! Also long time never see Bena liao ... and btw hor, that stupid fat ang moh who took away our chair hor, I kept bumping into him in my neighbourhood leh!

Atinarin: Are you working now? Let's find a day we meet up somewhere for tea lah! Don't croop yourself at home always ... must come out for fresh air!
happy.gif

Hi Fau,

En En has no problems with Gain IQ too. So far so good.

Re: High Tea
Yeah!! Can have another round. School hols coming!! BTmum can join us this time?

RE: Sleeping
En En can finally sleep on her own at night. Nowadays, i will sleep on my own bed and she will sleep on the mattress placed on the floor. Occasionally, she will come to me to be hugged and kissed and she will go back to sleep. So sweet right.

Re: Old MacDonald has a farm
En En just learnt a new trick. For the past few days, she will keep singing EIEI...and we will sing O. Now, the reverse. We will sing EIEI and she will show the "O" sign on her mouth.

Re: Reading
My gal only like to read books that she can touch and feel and flip tabs. For other books, she is not very keen.

Re: Bumbo chair
Any babies still using the bumbo chair. Think my gal is the only one who can exceed the age limit for the chair. 13+ mths and still sitting comfortably in it.

Re: Fans
My gal inserted her finger into the fan yesterday. I did not even realise until the i heard the "Grrrrr.." sound. Worst of all, she did not even cry loh. Suffered a minor scratch whichs she did not care abt it at all.

atinarin, great that u managed to go out ... shopping is good therapy too!

blue: jordan not uncle face lah ... big-boy-face lah.. uncle where got so cute one?

fau: nate was on mamil till i changed him to gain IQ, his stools much softer now leh ... maybe every kid takes to different milk differntly?

phoebe, don't get discouraged ok? nate also like that when it comes to reading. i changed my approach to reading by reading just a few pages (sometimes even 1 page also can) so that he dont have a chance to be bored. last time when i tried to read a story, i always tot mus finish it. but i realised by making him sit with me, it makes him impatient. (hence, grab the book away to play) maybe u can just start by introducing the characters in the book b4 u read the story? even if he can sit still for 1 page, applaud him and pat yourself on the back for that little success. slowly it will build up ... i'm still trying too.. most impt is not to instil a -ve feeling towards reading..
another idea is (learnt it from a speaker who works with hyperactive kids) u can try by pretending to read aloud to yourself but not targetting at him. slowly if he finds ur tone and sounds interesting, he will be drawn to it. but need patience lah ...

morning! Ladies ...

Blue : When high tea? hehe if have not find job yet i wanna join. haha

Poohwei : Hazel like the fan too but b4 she can get near enough , you can hear me screaming liao. haha

Wiselyn : thanks. Uploaded liao. thanks!
happy.gif

Sharon : My little bean was seeing the pics we took the other day yty ... then he keep pointing at summer's pic and say who is she huh? mei mei pretty. haha!
happy.gif

Good morning mummies ...

Poohwei: Wah, then your bumbo really good investment! Haha! Think Jordan only sat for barely 2 months before I had it sold ... cos he kept wanting to crawl out of it so thought it's not really safe.

NateM: Haha, my mum said "uncle face" and I'm worse ... I said "ah pek face". *LOL*

Good Morning Mummies
happy.gif

Wise I reply u liao
happy.gif

Florence thought u want to go to insurance?
happy.gif

Mummies can I check how many hours of nap do ur little one takes daily? My charlene has big problem in sleeping these days.. only 1 hour nap once per day then whole day can stay awake but abit zombie near to evening then at night still don't want sleep ask her to sleep like so chiam like that.. she cry and cry sign i don't know what to do with her!! Then she would not sit still now she knows how to walk.. she walk here walk there all the time nvm but she wants to hold ur hands and insist u to walk with her room to room, kitchen to living room like scrutinizing the whole house.. me and my mum cannot tahan her so tired want to rest on the sofa also cannot the moment u sit down she hold ur second finger tightly insist u to walk round with her.. u don't want she cry
sad.gif
what to do huh!! I am so tired but she is not!!
Any remedy haha

Atinarin: i think due to some complaints abt HT cereal which has bugs, i read somewhere in the forum before. I stop buying HT cereal oredi, now I buy Earth Best or Heinz cereal or the nestle gold series cereal.

wiselyn : yup. I think so too. hehe

low : I am very into insurance but huby worries that it will be too stressful as this is the down period and in order not to let him worry , i am looking around for a stable down to earth job for now until the economy picks up.
sad.gif
haha. I am his "xiao nu ren" mah , so no choice.

Wah corrine, you so adventurous! I don't dare to let Jordan self-feed yet (except dry stuff like biscuits). Heeee ... scared of the mess!
happy.gif

Corrine angel so cuteeee so clever also know how self feed le somemore really eat until shi mo shi yang hee..hee..

I tried feeding charlene yogurt once.. she don't like it she like her daddy maybe don't like sour sour stuff haha

blue: im back to work tomorrow la. stress man to face everyone, i really dont wanna hear ' HOW ARE YOU?

voice: ya i saw the pics but thought isolated incident so i still buy, perhaps they r doing some investigation etc thts why now slow in production

good morning mummies....

mag,
i dun think volo is bigger than quest leh. think there abt in terms of size.
it will be easier for Ayden to nap in the quest rather than volo.

let the new stroller be the start of your plan for holiday. hehee

atinarin,
great to learn abt your shopping day out. retail therapy always work...heehe. of cos not on the pocket. hahaha

corrine,
wah... angel so clever. can self feed liao. so kwai leh. we tried to let maegan self feed but err... she ended up using her hands to stir the appple puree. hehe

Atinarin: People ask "how are you" out of concern mah ... imagine if you go back to work no one even ask "how are you", then you probably will feel that your colleagues are all heartless right? Same case goes for the incident whereby you said your colleague didn't even ask concern questions but just wanted you to ensure there is a relief taking over your duties.

Hey mummies ... when is school holidays huh? Wanna organise an outing at Fidgets on a Fri afternoon so that more teacher mummies can join in?

Florence,
Hahahaha....Thks! She veri playful n notti...She "mei mei"...Hahaha...OMG...ur Keith joking wif u lah....She really nt mei mei...If she mei mei, I will make her join mei mei contest liao....Hahaha...

Atinarin,
Glad u r getting better.

Low,
Dun worry lah! She will get out of tis stage soon...dun so worry...

Sigh...last nite receive my HP bill, Got extra charges of $13.10 of HP downloading...Done by Summer...Dowmload some ugly pics...Got to pay extra so much for nothing...my faults for nt keeping my HP away fr her well...

Florence,
Faintz loh...Tot my HP is those sliding type(she can't slide) n I keypad lock, she can't access...but to my dismay, out of nowhere she know how to slide my phone liao n my pocket got a hole for tat... Ugly pic...still in my hp...dunno whether to delete or nt...nt gg to use it anyway....$13.10 leh....

funny,

u be surprise how smart babies can be...clara have been sliding my phone and make phone calls to her daddy and grandma...so now me change phone liao...

hi mummies
happy.gif

hellow alow~!
charlene is so cute! shes the direct opposite of my boy! my boy <font color="0000ff">refuse</font> to let me hold his hand while walking! He will push away aggressively.. :< &amp; walk &amp; fall independently, especially at play grounds.. i like to hold his hands leh..cos so wen xin... :p

time really flies...
our bubs are 13mths old already... :>

Wiselyn , funny : I think hazel is like daddy (IT Sensitive) , she loves to hit hard on the keys of my laptop and hp. haha and pretend talking to "DadDad" ... haha

Hi mummies

RE: Pointing
Caelen doesn't point using index finger either. He would use his fist to point (in a grapping manner). Somehow he doesn't seem to see the need to change since he is still getting what he wants.

RE: Reading
Caelen is ok with reading. I can read up to 4 books at one sitting. It is the only time he would sit still
happy.gif
Sometimes he would take books and give to us to read somemore
happy.gif
My MIL says he would also flip the pages and babble to himself. But I only give him board books which he cannot tear (and he knows so he doesn't bother). He would try to flip the pages sometimes. I heard that we need to read to babies very fast as their attention span is very short. If they get distracted and try to tear or flip the books, it means you are reading too slowly.

RE: Phones
Dunno what's this fascination with phones with babies ? Caelen loves to play with his daddy's flip phone too. Once the phone rings, he would put it to our ears. Very cute
happy.gif
But I read somewhere that for children using handphones may lead to brain tumours
uhoh.gif
So have to keep it away as much as we can

RE: Naps
Caelen would take up to 4 hours naps in the day - 2hrs at 10am and 1-2hrs at 4pm. Maybe that's whey he sleeps so badly at night
sad.gif
But if he woke up before he is ready, he is super cranky!

RE: Fans
I bought this fan cover from those nick-nacks shop. It is like netting that prevents little fingers from poking thru the wires. But only complaint is that the wind seems less strong though. But we just up the speed to compensate.

looks like the thread is alive today!

funny, summer so clever ... me also dunno how to download pics with hp leh ...
happy.gif

low,
nate takes a nap in the morning around 9plus to 11am and another at 3 to 4 plus. dont really know of any remedies leh ... but sometimes i bring nate to playground to tire him out so that he KO when we reach home.

many posts!

re: quest vs volo. i think quest is slightly bigger than volo, can recline. so more comfy for baby to sleep in it. but volo is cheaper and lighter.

re: nap
my boy naps ard 2.5 -3.5hrs a day. night time will sleep for 10+hr one shot.
low family: i think charlene slept too little thats why at night cranky and reluctant to sleep. read somewhere that over-tired babies find it hard to sleep at night.

poohwei: must be careful with the fan.. if speed of fan is high, the cut can be deep...

re: reading
my boy is ok with reading. sometimes he'll bring a book to me and i'll gesture to him to sit sit on my lap while i read to him. normally when he in good mood, i can finish a thin picture story book. but at times, he ll anyhow flip and i ll just read whichever page he flip to.

blue: jordan looks slimmer than last time but i remember you saying his weight is 11+kg now? that is a good weight!

nowadays myboy willl fly to anyone who says will bring him go gai gai. yest me n hb brought him to the playground downstairs to play. he enjoyed himself alot though he cant walk yet. loves the slide esp! when its time to go back, when we enter the lift he realisd we were going home, he got angry and try to hit us and keep pointing to the lift door wanting to get out. so notti!

ecookie, they really love 'gai gai' hor ... my boy will drag the beco to my mother to signal her to bring him downstairs to walk..

Just to share this pic taken 2 days back ... heeee ... I realise I never take any half naked pics for him yet ... so ...

1810138.jpg

ecookie: Yah, his face and thighs not as chubby as before liao. He was last weighed at 11.3 kg. Maybe he got heavier bones? And maybe cos he's tall? 82 cm.

Thanks mummies for all the feedback
happy.gif

ecookie I want her to sleep she don't want sleep sometimes she just rest on the bumper mat yang sheng a while then active again le like that consider enuf u know for her haha
me also don't know what to do my mum say she hong xim la...

nateM yes on weekends she sleep slightly more le in car seat.. we bring her out tire her then she nap twice 1 hour each haha but weekdays no way ma.. my mum also don't like to bring her out la .. mum say how can everyday go out haha

yes the thread is alive again so nice to see so many posts
happy.gif

funny76 summer really cute and clever le.. must think in a good way lucky only 13 dollars la hee..hee..
my charlene also like to play with hp somemore the moment she get holds of hp she put by her ear then immediately stand up walk and babble aways immitating her daddy using the hp talking and walking lor ahha

charsiew hee..hee.. is wen xi initially but hor she do it like 20 over times a day le then u fan liao haha
the moment me and my mum sit down and rest our feet she starts again faintz

Hi ecookie, my boy loves the slide too! He would even try to crawl/walk up the slide after he slided down.

Hi nate, your boy is so pro-active and clever haha... my boy would keep point to the door and try to open the door knob.

Hi blue, your jordon looks very handsome in this picture
happy.gif
very sexy in the little diaper. reminds me of the new hot D&amp;G advert (the one with the couple making out on a small boat - the guy was wearing this sexy little white speedos) haha...

Back