(2007/08) August 2007 MTBs

mel,
Nic didnt ask, so i think shld be no touch up. Thanks for your info, i will check with him.

Goldpiggy,
hehe some have 80-100 guests, so i tot my 30 pax is considered small scale :p

rc_cola, my mil can't stand the meat smell. So she would be rather hesitant to feed too...so thats why my soup stock will also have lots of vegetables to void off any strong smelling meat..fish she also say cannot..and very tiring leh for me to wake up so early in the morning to cook and if i cook the night before, i will end up not sleeping cos i will keep checking and checking on my porridge then my night schedule will be like shuffling between kitchen and feeding my boy cos now that he's teething, he have been waking up hourly and making noises till i let him suckle...

And now that he's teething, he keeps wanting to suck and also very super clingy to me leh..

Goldpiggy,
I understand your reasonings.
Cooking porridge using slowcooker is easy tho, no need to check and wait on it. 1.5 hours - 2 hours, done!

Btw, Sam waking up hourly? OH my!!! U must be really tired then...

My personal opinion, no meaning of offending your MIL or whoever hor..
Bbs/kids need those stuff to keep them growing, and nutritious components which cant be found in vege...
I personally think, fish is very good for bbs, and if your mil is resistant to it, that means she is rather selfish ler.. I mean she is a vegan, but then sam needs to eat meat and fish and all sorts of stuff rite?

crystalgal
hi5! me was at GE. u?

nining
nice pics! i still waiting to get hubby to nod his head to take pics...haiz...

Goldpiggy,
I understand your reasonings.
Cooking porridge using slowcooker is easy tho, no need to check and wait on it. 1.5 hours - 2 hours, done!

Btw, Sam waking up hourly? OH my!!! U must be really tired then...

My personal opinion, no meaning of offending your MIL or whoever hor..
Bbs/kids need those stuff to keep them growing, and nutritious components which cant be found in vege...
I personally think, fish is very good for bbs, and if your mil is resistant to it, that means she is rather selfish ler.. I mean she is a vegan, but then sam needs to eat meat and fish and all sorts of stuff rite?

rc_cola, ok lah, cos to each their own. If she didnt even try, then i will be angry but i know she tried cos i gave her 2 times and only when i asked her again then she said if can, don't give to him, so i said ok lor...

i mean, she became a vegetarian for her children to 'Ji De' so it would be wrong of me to impose things on her..as much as i would like my boy to have the best..

goldpiggy,
I think i can empathize, my mil is a strict vegetarian too due to religion. Its about their beliefs and their commitment to their religion. So i think it wld be very hard for you to tell her to sacrifice and forsake her beliefs. Last time we ever stayed with my mil, and we have to cook our own dinner and use separate utensils/cutlery.

Glee - ya, even now its stil the same, her house comes with vegetarian and non-vegetarian cutleries. And its like i am a really MEAT eater and simply cannot go vegetarian so everytime we go for dinner with mil, i make sure i eat first...cos i simply cannot stand smell of vegetarian food and like last night, the whole family eating and me there like a maid, just feeding my boy...haha...my mil knows i cannot eat and don't like to eat...so she respect me and i respect her...cos these kind of things can't force...but my hubby then after dinner will go buy for me cos i haven't eat at 8pm..haiz - she will also bring her own set of cutlerys out everytime...

Hi all,

I have gymboree (harbourfront branch - 3rd level) free trial ticket to sell at $20.00 only (Usual trial : $50.00). But the deadline of the trial is this Wednesday (20 August 2008) cos my baby can't make it this week. Anyone interested, pls sms me at 98175573 i can deliver the ticket to them in town or west area.

Goldpiggy,
Now I understand. I am pretty ignorant of the term 'strict vegan' so that means cutleries also cannot share..
Hm.. ya have to give and take lar.. dun worry, u put extra effort during weekend lor..

GoldPiggy,
Myabe best if you seek advice from vegetarian mommy in this thread? her DD is super chubby and not lacking of any nutritions although she's also a vegetarian.. so I think with best combination of vegan food, Sam can also thrive well and have the meat when he is with you..

mommies,
thanks for the compliments of Ike's pics.. I will post his bday party pics later.. now at work super tired..

This cake got sent to one of my company's offices..

1646863.jpg

Cola,
We used to stay in cheap chalet at tekek or Salang beach, not hotel.. stayed once in berjaya but it was a hassle to lug our dive gears to our fave dive shop so never stayed there anymore..

Miaon,
hubby also reluctant to do it, he hates his photo taken.. but this one was good and he allowed me print to 16R to put on wall kekeke.. that's not often happen!

hi mummies,got a question to ask:

any review on combi strollers?that day we went to bugis and hubby likes the combi miracle turn a lot--its over $600 though,and looks a bit cramped for enci.but it folds up very compactly,and turns really smoothly.

or any stroller to recommend?(all except jete's rolls royce of strollers,haha)..cos my MIL is talking abt the need to buy a light one fore her to bring baby downstairs to walk.did a sreach and combi have light ones,but some pp say flimsy leh..anyone has combi strollers and can share experience?

leeoh

i am using combi...mine is abt 400+....only the front wheel can turn 360degree. i like it cos its really light

if the main purpose is to go downstair for a walk, i think there is no issue(but i think 600+ is too ex for this)

even i go shopping i also think its ok.
the only thing i dun like is the width of the wheel is not wide enough, hence sometimes it will get stuck in the 'teeth' of the escaltor.

over a score of 10, i give 7

Mel,
say HI lah to him.. he got meeting this morning so must go to office.. maybe stay there till 5pm.. the poor hubby now works from home so only if got meeting go to office.. if not, then home is his office..

An_gal,

My chawanmushi is steamed egg hor..

Thicker version:-
1 egg in a rice bowl, add water - 40ml should be enough, even lesser if you want to make it thicker.
Mince pork - marinate for awhile (5mins) with some soya sauce, pepper, and chicken stock (the powder form) --> dun put too much, later too saltish.
Then mixed with the eggs + water. Put some more soya sauce if you want it to be nicer.
Drop a bit of Ma You... so nice smell
Just steam, yummy!

Lighter version:-
1 egg - half glass of ikea's cup (er.. probably about 80ml)
depends on how many eggs u put... ie. 2 eggs - 1 full cup of water, 4 eggs - 2 full cup of water
Mince pork - marinate for awhile (5mins) with some soya sauce, pepper, and chicken stock (the powder form) --> dun put too much, later too saltish.
Drop a bit of Ma You... so nice smell
Then mixed with the eggs + water. Put some more soya sauce if you want it to be nicer.

Meg and I personally light the lighter version, coz not too thick...

Mel,
I try again later at home, that cake pic was taken by my colleage and posted on my FB wall hehehe.. so I dont have the raw file..

Leeoh: I highly recommend the Combi but the Miracle turn is too expensive in my opinion, and having a 4-wheel drive is nice but quite unnecessary, unless you always reverse the handles so that baby faces you, in which case it would be really good for navigation. The regular 2-wheel drive combi stroller is quite sufficient for forward facing strollers.

Initially I thought that my combi was too narrow and short for my boy, but so far so good. Its light and compact, and James sits quite comfortably in it. I bought the blue coloured enjoyme model, and its a breeze to use both in the malls and even in the national parks. It also survived the plane journey intact. Its also good if you need a stroller that can recline, and which will allow you to reverse the position of the handles so that baby faces you.

The only thing I don't like about the Combi is that it can only be used till the child is about 2 years old. It's pretty pricey for a seat that can only last 2 years. Even the Miracle Turn is for children up to 2 years of age.

When James outgrows this stroller next year, I intend to get a MaClaren Volo, as I like the netting that they use for the seat - nice and cool and light too.

cola,
oh steam egg.. i roughly know how 2 make cos my mum oways make tat 4 us as a dish too.. i thought u know hw 2 make chawanmushi hehe.. anyway i shall follow ur receipe n try wen i'm free over the wkns, thks
happy.gif

Loh,
aden n ivan share the same birth date hor.. and i didnt know aden's lunar bday is tmr until u mention "ivan's lunar bday is this coming tues!"

wad shld i prepare for him? mee sua and red eggs? any more chinese customs to add on??

Hi goldpiggy & rc_cola

Thanks 4 yr reassurance…ya he’ll just move ard in the taxi or even bus, touch tis & like..tink when he starts 2 walk, I’ll surely lost weight...hehe Chasing after him….even when I carry him, he aso wanna wriggle abt, wanna get out of u…dun wan u carry him….same as yr son, my son will b still when he’s eating..hahaha…but taxi can’t let him eat cos wait dirty the car….so sometimes I just dun let him, let him scream, then when he scream or cries too long/loud, I’ll let him do wat he wans….

hmmm, last wk when I read him the wordings on flash cards, he can concentrate & point 2 the pictures on the cards…shall monitor him & c...thanks ladies..

Hi sarahng

I agree with u, is beri tiring, frankly I prefer him sleeping…hahaha (bad mummy)..he aso dun wanna stay in his playpen 4 long…dunno when he can listen & sit quietly when we wan him to…

hi mummies

i aso hve another concern, my son sleeps sarong most of the time, except at nite on the bed but only after he has fallen asleep in sarong….i’ve tried 2 get him 2 sleep on bed but he’ll tend 2 flip & turn ard the bed…but couldn’t sleep, can c he’s tired cos he lay on the bed but just toss & turn…after an hr, he still couldn’t sleep, so I gave up…wanna know izzit most of the children r like tat? & how 2 train him 2 learn 2 sleep on bed & nt turn & flip..but sleep on his own…Thanks.

Leooh,

I find combi seat is a bit too narrow. Maclaren is good and compact and not very heavy. tho definitely combi is lighter.
Maclaren wheel can also rotate 360 deg, the only thing is that it has got no reversible handle.

I personally have maclaren quest and I am loving it, it survives most of our plane journeys, and compact enough to be brought onto any public transport and also it has reclined seat which could allow baby to sleep comfortably inside. Another thing it could last until the kid is 25 kgs.

Hi Carlyn,

How come ur son's pattern is v similar like my son. Ya, I agree with u, I often pray he sleep longer. Tat time I'm too tired 2 adjust him, like him sleep in sarong until abt 2 yrs old, he automatically sleep in bed, hehehe. If really want to train him, must b v durable
Up till certain age, he'll auto choose 2 sleep in bed cos he want 2 follow adult.
My son got bad sleeping pattern, can go 360 deg turn, sometimes outside the mattress.

Does ur son refuse 2 sleep even though u know he's sleepy ? He'll keep playing n moving until u really put him 2 sarong ? Sometimes too sleepy become more cranky in sarong?

An_gal
Ya mine is more to steamegg.
Chawan mushi has some special sauce called MURIN, can purchase from coldstorage.. just add small teaspoon of it into 1 egg, and your chawanmushi is there..

Nining,
I am googling at either berjaya or salang resort.. the beaches there is shallow for just playing in the water right?
If too deep, can't bring Meg into the water ler, coz I am not a good swimmer ahahhaha..
Bringing baby has to stay some place with good facilities..

Carlyn,
Not too worry, your boy seems very normal.. some baby are just so kepo to touch this and that (My girl is inclusive as well!)
Re: sarong, I cant comment, coz my girl never sleeps in sarong before.

an_gal,
chawamushi: you can try this which i learnt from the internet some years back and i even bought those chawamushi dish: Prepare the stock about 1:1 to the amount of the egg(s), add/ mix (avoid bubbles) the stock into the egg spoonful by spoonful then sieve, then add in the ingredients such as minced chicken/pork or fish (i use threadfin), then cover/put on the lid before steaming to achieve the smooth surface.
Hehe i prepared that for Liz again yesterday, and she really loved it so much that she preferred the egg to her porridge.

glee,
ya lol.. everytime i bring my son 2 sakae sushi he seems to enjoy the chawanmushi so much.. tats y i 1 2 make chawanmushi for him haha

Nining,
Wow..RIch so lucky..can work from home..so I guess Ike is super sticky to Daddy since he see's him at home all the time
happy.gif
Say Hi...aiyoh..wait I say Hi then he stare at me like I'm some crazy woman how??hehehe!!!

Carlyn,
Acutally my boy flips and tosses and turnd until he falls asleep on his own..hehe!! I just leave him to do whatever stunts he wants then next thing u knw, he not moving already and sleeping soundly..haha!!

choco,
i'v tried to using homemade ikan bilis stock or i will jus use alittle chicken powdered stock, as the threadfin will enhance the "sweetness". I tasted my gal's chawanmushi, hmm actuali its quite bland, but she still likes it, i think its becos of its smooth texture.
From the internet, they usually use Dashi soup stock, usually fish stock, but can be seaweed or mushroom stock.

Cola,
I think they have parts of shallow beach.. but careful with stone fish..

Mel,
u just tell him Matthias' mommy, the boy with mohawk, he'll remember kekekeke..

Nining,
Oh yah..Im the momma of the boy with the mohawk..hehehe!! Btw, that time u were saying Kids forte rents out Helium tanks right? How much? and how many balloons can it pump? I forgot? Is it easy to pump Mylar balloons?

COla,
I just rem I did a short hol trip before to a malaysia Island nearby Tioman, cannot rem what, hahaha.. the resort is at a private quiet beach, very nice sandy beach.. the resort name Rimba, short boat ride, the rate inclusive meal prepared by the owner (angmoh owners, a couple)

Mel,
yep , I just sms-ed u re-balloon gas.. U mentioned before u wanna get some sesame decor ? I got Ike's wall decor still nicely intact altho used.. if u want I can mail them to u.. the cake toppers gone all kids wanna have one hahaha.. I even gave out the dwarfs given by e-creative as side, they didnt put on for me cos I requested it..

Nining,
the one u have is the scene setter? Ok, can! U mail to me..thanks!! I already have one but dont mind having one more to put outside
happy.gif
heheh!! How much do I need to trf to you? I'll sms u my address
happy.gif
THanks!!

Leoh,

I have a Combi Well Comfort stroller (now RP: $405). It's light but only up to 2 yrs old.
I think Maclaren Volo is most suitable cos it's light and supposed to be one hand operation too. Only con is it's only one sitting position. Otherwise the wheels turn quite nicely. There was a BP recently selling at $130 but I was too late. now RP is about $298?

nin, yah, Aidan too have been eyeing at our TV control, each time he stretch out his hands towards them I'll stop him. He's been putting alot of funny things into his mouth too, really heart attack, this afternoon I just digged out the playyard base stud frm his mouth. He almost swallowed it. Every other day, I have to put my finger into his mouth to dig out some "gold" frm his mouth. It's so dangerous, just this evening, we were so worried sick, cause we thought he swallowed a part of the cracked cap frm the tube of his lotion. We were looking high and low for the missing part, thank goodness we found it under the corner of our bed.

jete, you still undecided huh?? For me, I'm changing to wed/fri cause I want to spend more time with my parents who are only free on tues and also, this current class we're attending is getting bigger and somehow very messy and disorganised. Babies are running all over the place, and Aidan got distracted. The wed/fri class seems alot more peaceful. So, cin is stopping huh?? I thought Aidan really enjoys it, so will continue, but will switch to their bilingual class, which is only once a week when he turns 18 mth.

Oh yes, the last time I mentioned that I will update all abt the schools I've visited. So far, only been to St James & Chiltern house.

St james: Despite alot of comments abt bad attitude frm the staff, we really like it, due to the fact that, it really has lots of outdoor space, realy remind me of my primary school days. Anyway, abt their bad attitude, I think I know which lady, when I was there the first time, the lady who attended to me was friendly, but on the day of the school tour, when I walked into their admin office, there was this lady who gave me a funny look too, but the other few were ok. As for school fee, think they are reasonable, $900 per term. Program wise, they are based on thematic.

Chiltern @ Big Splash: School building is new and clean, class size is only 12 per class, which is what I like. Also teaching based on thematic, but their school fee is a killing, it's $800 plus per month.

Will be visiting Maris Stella tomorrow. Will update all.

Anyway, have alrdy registered at St James, I know, kiasu right, but we are only on waitlist, there's abt 54 on the waitlist. In fact, alot of parents have alrdy registered their child at birth, I'm really very shocked.

leooh
wah, pai sey when you put it like that. :p you can look at peg perego aria. i have that and it is light, think abt 4.5kg? ytanhn also bought it if i remember correctly.

collecting the zoobies from lynn this sat. sms you when i get them.

Back