(2007/08) August 2007 MTBs

Hello,
How's everyone!
happy.gif
Hope all is ok as long time din come in here cos bz buying things from spree....
blush.gif

Ytanhn,
Still had not advise u the payment details hor... Urghh... will get back to u. Hope u still want ur leapfrog items. Hehehe...
biggrin.gif

riversidetree,

how abt changing to a job that doesn't requires travelling? must be hard on u to be away from caitlin so frequently..

re: rusks
i'm using Bellamy's toothipegs. it is just as hard. i guess all rusks are hard?

Jete,
There is one PD at compassvale? Can send me the address and tel no.? I also find the waiting for Kidz Clinic very long. It will be good if I can have another PD on hand.

chomecc,
Ya my company does give good rates for part timers. The only bad thing is that I have to contribute my own CPF and there's no bonus. So if really add up the employer contribution and bonus, full timer still gets paid more.

snnowy,
Yes I agree pine garden's cakes are rather expensive. But they do allow customization and the cake really tastes nice. I will also order from them again for my boy's one year birthday.

Yogurt,
Just to check with mummies here, have you started to give yogurts to your little ones? I want to give my boy but dunno what brand to buy leh. Where can I buy organic yogurts?

An_gal, i tried cod fish. My dad have been telling me there are 2 types of Ngoh Hee... So finally i went to buy Ngoh Hee myself at punggol plaza market (usually my mom will help me buy from her market).. Guess what she finished everything. I tried and it really taste different. It's even better than cod fish... no fishy smell. I find cod fish a little oily but was thinking if she really rejects Ngoh hee then i don't mind giving her cod fish ... "no fish prawn also okie - in hokkien"
happy.gif

Mel, where u bought your ngoh hee... mine is from the stall opp the fruits stall you might want to try buying from that stall. Oh! the other day did u left your handkerchief at Jete's place? Now it's wif me..
happy.gif

Jete, thanks for the cereal and the ball. I will packed the cereals tonite and pass it to you 2molo k...
happy.gif

Muddypie, me also thinking of baking my own cake but it will be for birthday girl and kids only coz i will reduce the amt of sugar in the cake. Still thinking... really hope to bake a cake for her
happy.gif

Then order a number "1" cake for photo taking and for adults to eat. Coz the cake i bake will be too ugly for photos taking and also hope it's edible .. hahahahg.... hvn't bake cake for many years liao... since sec school.. i was from home econ class...

Snowwy, congrats
happy.gif
Agree...when the time comes... ...previously i also never dare to think i can take care of a baby full-time but look.. all of us make it... We will be better off now coz we got experience liao mah.

Ytanhn,

I guessed the wrong person. tot u MIA due to pregnant, hehe..

Alsie,

congrats u finally be a SAHM, envy envy..my company can't do part time, even if they allow part time sure pay cut..

Lilyn,

wow, that's great, will let my friend know,she good luck leh, the price sounds really drop a lot.

Alsie,
btw, I tot the yogurt is same as milk can only give to bb after 1 years old?anyway, once they can eat I will do it myself, save 50% leh..

miaon,
ve nt write in to ask for discount...will let u know if there's one..
as for the taste, i like the taste when i first tasted it..

chomecc,
u oso aiming for an ox baby?

pooh,
not so fast bah..maybe somewhere in june? do let me know their reply...

muddypie,
Melcolm on similac since birth.. is he fat?? haa shall leave it 4 u 2 comment :p

choco,
wow, ur son each day drink 1000ml + 2 semi solid meals, tats alot sia.. esp the 1000ml

jete,
thks for the link, the cake realli veri nice but veri ex !!!

chomecc,
where ur hubby going? overseas working? after 1 wk u can slim down alot liaoz hehe, ur mil dono how 2 cook porridge? y ask u so many tings abt porridge?

alsie,
any idea pine garden hav winnie the pooh cake? their cake usually abt how much? my auntie stay near pine garden and told me the cakes there r nice too.

as for yogurt, u can try baby yopliat, specially cater for babies..

ivy,
ngoh hee oso hav 2 types? how to tell the diff? i usually buy cod fish but not fishy at all leh.. although is abit oily but i don mind lah cos cod fish oil is good hehe

btw, mi oso frm home econ class and studied tat for 5yrs in sec sch hehe

alsie,
my baby is eating baby yoplait but some mommies are making their own yoghurts with yoghurt makers

ivy
gosh! i didnt even knw ghor hee got 2 types! cod is smoother in texture but i hve only been giving salmon. frankly i have no idea what is "best" fish to give. the thing that worries me is serving baby fish bones accidentally!!

any mommy have anythg to share on how to make sure 100% no fish bones in fish meat when serving to baby?

chomecc,
lol i was also tinking maybe Ox baby but only tinking stage lah
happy.gif

chatty
how was aquaducks class? it was raining today right? is it cold?

xman
yah DIY is much cheaper than buying from shops but then i only give 1 small tub every 3-4 days so only resorting to buying from grocery stores for now

miaon/jang,
Aside from the price, I simply love the patissier cakes! My good friend just celebrated her dd's 1st birthday and she ordered from them (at my strong recommendation), and I ate 2 pieces of the cake.
biggrin.gif
If I got 'bonus' before Aug, I may order from them too.

Otherwise, pine gardens has v good tasting cakes. Ordered from them for my elder girl's 1st birthday. Whole 3 kg of it was finished without me having eaten a mouth myself. Not sure about now, there was not much designs to choose from when we ordered and they don't do character cakes (copyright issue). We told them what we want, the cashier drew it on the order form and it's on the actual day that we saw the outcome. Luckily it looks good.

Another place to consider is Room for Dessert. Their choc cakes are real chocolatey. V sinful. Designs not bad too.

jete,
I tried to give a whole feed of enfapro to Clarisse for her 1st feed yesterday morning. She fought me for a while but drank a bit, refused, fought again and drank somemore. Overall drank 100ml. Then her similac sample came in the afternoon and I tried it on her. Voila! No protests and she finished 160ml of it. This morning I gave her 190ml of similac and she finished it at one shot. I guess I'll stick to similac for Clarisse since she's taking it well although enfapro's composition is said to be closer to bm. Save me the frustration of fighting her. If you do change your mind about giving similac to paige just let me know, I'll give you some to try.
happy.gif

an_gal, when u eat u will noe.. hahahahag.. actually very difficult to tell when u r buying...after you cook it you will sure noe 1. The skin is thicker and it taste GOOD... previously all the leftover ngoh hee will go to my stomach but this 1 nothing left for me...
sad.gif
but i'm happy lah
happy.gif

I find cod fish a little oily so i will introduce to her later since can find the ngoh hee tat she wants.
Oh! really, maybe we can bake a cake for our little 1 on their 1st birthday hor... u plannng to do that?

banquez, everybody say ngoh hee best for baby and yup really got 2 type. I tried different cooking method to the ngoh hee but the textures is always not good. The 1 i bought anyhow cook also good. Hmm... i noe for ngoh hee there is a special part to buy for baby so must use that part to be certain that there's no bones. Oh! Ngoh hee, cod fish their bones are quite big so when u mash the fish just look out for bones. Usually shdn't hv if u buy the right part.

Ivy,
I was looking for the english name for Ngoh Hee, turned out it was threadfin kekekeke.. so my next Q, which threadfin is for baby? if I ask the fish seller at NTUC, will they know?

thanks girl
happy.gif

nining, I think it's better to get it frm the wet market, they are fresher. As for which part, I also need to find out, cause all these while only know how to eat, but don't know how to buy fish.

Btw, mummies, how do you know whether the fish is fresh or not? All these time, when I buy fish, just anyhow choose, but so far very lucky, the fish turn out to be very fresh.

Hi! I'm a mom staying in Clementi....
I used to be an instructor for a popular right-brained school. I'm thinking of setting up small groups of 6 for babies 4months to children 3 years old. Lesson plans are a little similar to the lessons in those in right-brained schools.
Can email me at : [email protected] for more details

choco, leooh & an_gal. Thanks for the feedback on similac. cause I recalled a nurse at the clinic made this comment. "Huh, your bb on similac, all similac bbs are very fat one leh." So sad. Anyway, hve been supplementing semi-solid, and he seems to be putting on weight now.

woof, hve went to the website to look at the cakes, but are they tasty?? Anyone tried before?

misch
how did you get the similac sample? i m still breastfeeding via direct & via pumping. but want to get a few diff samples for formula to let baby try to then slowly wean off BF

ivy
thanks for advice on ngor hee
happy.gif

muddypie
yah agree. babies do seem to increase wt once intro semi solid .. ..

nining
NTUC will have bec I bought from NTUC
happy.gif
so they will know ..

Loh,
I usually buy looney toones wipes from value$ and it's S$1/ pack. It's more moisture but the material is rougher than the standard like pigeon etc.. I didnt like it initially but now love it cos it's easy to wipe messy poopoo with these wipes..

banquez,
thanks...

Muddypie
rrrr.. me never got time to go to wet market, cos must do in morning kekeke.. prev when I still lived in Tiong bahru it was easy as TB market is just like 5 min walk.. now I must make time if going marketing

nining, yah, can underst and since you're working. If I'm working, I'd probably won't hve the time to do marketing too. Agree that tiong bahru is so convenient, like to go to the wet market there too, but to eat not to do marketing..ke..ke.

Hi mummies,

I just received my order from babycenter, and it's too loose for me @ the
underbust area.

This is the Original Nursing Bra -Plus, in S.
On the product info, it says that S is good for 32-36, C-D. But I think it's
will be quite loose
for 32 (i'm a 32).

You can view the product at
http://store.babycenter.com/product/maternity/the+original+nursing+bra+-+plus.do?

Designed with care in Canada, Made with pride in Mexico.

Would like to sell at SGD$50.

xman, woof,
No need to envy. It took me very long to decide to become a sahm. Now going to be sahm, with part time job would mean have to save up. I have decided to send my maid back when I become sahm in order to cut cost! I dunno if I can handle housework + taking care of baby.

Xman,
Cannot give yogurt now ah? Hmm ok maybe I will hold on to it. You know how to make yogurt? Teach me can?

an_gal,
I think they have issues with copyright thingy as in they cannot do an exact picture but they can draw something similar. I paid $75 for 3.5kg cake the other time when I ordered for Jerome's full month celebration. Thumbs up for it! Talking about cakes.. suddenly have a craving for strawberry cakes..

banquez,
where you bought the baby yoplait? I tried searching at Giant Tampines, cannot find. But is it recommended to give yogurt now? Xman mentioned its similar to milk.

ivy,
haha i m veri lazy, i will jus order the 1st yr bday cake but now tinking whether i should order frm pine garden since hav so many gd comments hehe

muddypie,
if u buy cod fish, the flesh mus b white color, if u c abit yellowish is no gd.. other fish i dono hw 2 chose, jus make sure flesh is firm and no strong fishy smell. If u r buying whole fish, make sure eyes not red and grills are bright red in color..

nining/loh,
the wipes isit fragrance free? is veri cheap leh.. make me so tempted to go n buy 2 stock up although i oledi hav 8 packs of unopen wipes at hm hahah

alsie,
i bought the baby yopliat at Carrefour. any idea pine garden hav online cake catalog? would like to take a look, the price for 3.5kg at $75 was quite ok.. bengawan solo characters cake is more ex i tink.

leooh

my boy is born on 1-sept

so should move on to 3 semi-solid a day? cos i thought now milk is still the main food?

an-gal
a lot meh?? hmm..1 tin of similac can only last me for 1.5weeks lei!!
how much is melcom taking now?

ivy

the Tuxedo Bodysuit is very cute and not expensive

but very hard to gauge the measurement cos from now till aug still 4 mths...

Hi mummies

Has any of you introduced oatmeal cereal to your babies? My gal is abt 6.5 mths. Read that babies can only take oatmeal cereal fr 8 mths onwards.

Sorry, posted in the wrong grp, meant for 2007 Sep mums. Appreciate yr advice since most of you wld have fed yr babies oatmeal cereal already. :)

hi mummies,
i am from sept mummies thread.
Just want to know show of hands if there's any bb born on 1 sept.
My edd was to be on 11 sept, but girl came out on teachers' day instead.

Hi choco,
Saw your post on your 1 sept bb. Good to know i have "kaki" here. hehe.

mel
apparently now kidslinks open a branch in punggol plaza as well.

alsie
paige goes to kidslink at compassvale. they just open a branch in punggol plaza but i dont think i will switch. both branch abt same dist and i'm ok with the dr at compassvale, so just stick with her. http://www.kidslink.com.sg/index.html

an_gal
yeah, i find them to be exp too. i never order from them before. you asked for the link, i just posted it.

misch
that's great that your bb is willing to take the similac!! yay!! then you can start to wind down on your pumping already. i'll stick to nan for a while and see if paige will switch to fm completely. if she can, then i would like to stick with nan cos i can get nan at a good price. ;)

Nining, i read from somewhere in this SMF, 2 types of threadfish(ngoh hee) are from Indonesia & Malaysia (if i remember correctly). If you want i can check for you. I heard from my dad that there are "fake" ngoh hee.. duno how true lah. Another way is you can buy and taste it yourself. The taste cannot run away.. really very very different. The 1 i bought when i mixed inside the porridge i can hardly feel the fish is there whereas the other type Shannon will be choke by it... so she hate it and refuse to finish the porridge. I bought a fish tail for my dad ( he loves tat), my mum commented that it taste really good.

banquez, no problem. Actually I love to share information but really scare other thread also read abt this then i have to go earlier to market to grab my ngoh hee.. hahahahg...

Muddypie, really! baby on similac very fat 1... oh no!.. Shannon is on similac too...

Jete, hb will drive me there to buy but moving forward i might want to run to the market at abt 6:30 then reach home b4 7:30 to take over from my hb.

Back