(2007/08) August 2007 MTBs

Hi morning mummies, wow, the thread is moving super fast again, can't catch up.

Hey, looks like no one is interested in the mummy & baby fitness program huh......sigh......

anyway, chatty, you are right abt going to collect the samples frm parentcraft, never cross my mind....ke....ke.....

chatty, thanks! Got the pattern from a japanese craft book. fabrics are from ikea. Look familiar? ;)

anyone interested in making can let me know. I can send you the pattern and instructions.
happy.gif

hi Chatty,

happen to see this BP...can I order too? ... let me know how to make payment to you ok?...tks!
happy.gif

A lovely book of nursery rhymes. Its one of those big, thick books filled with colourful pictures and nursery rhymes that we can read to our babies.
The normal price of the book is $24.50.
After discount, the book will cost: $22.05
BP will close on Wednesday, 22 Nov 07, at 12 midnight. If you are interested, please indicate below:

1) Chattypheyling
2) Muddypie
3) Jete
4) Tulip
5) Melia (Jul Mummy)
6) Nining
7) settes
8) Jang
9) Alsie
10) Magical
11) pst
12) gold..piggy
13) Nielle
14) wttee
15) Adeline
16) candypop

Jo: My visual-spatial skills are really bad...I've never been able to figure out how the strangely shaped cut-outs can be joined together to make a dress...maybe a bag is simpler, but I don't think I'd want to take the risk of another unfinished craft project. I think its better if I just paid you to make one for me : ). Much cheaper than buying sewing machine, cloth etc...

The book collection:

if the most of us are going to the gathering, maybe can ask parentcraft to send to Nining's place? Those who are staying near the rest who are not going to the gathering, help to collect?

Birth & Beyond:

i'll probably wait till Jaeden's older. His attention span is super short.. Mummies please feedback on the massage class when you are done!
happy.gif

lilyn,
yeah i heard abt the fox sales but decided to giv it a miss cos last time went b4 and is super duper crowded with clothes veri messy n dirty.. n wow, chicken pox still can go out.. mus ask police 2 catch liaoz..

Nining: Last night before I brought my baby for his rotavirus jab, my mum and I fed him. Unfortunately, we gave him a bit too much, so he regurgitated a few times...problem is that he probably regurgitated the rotavirus vaccine as well, coz its an oral vaccine...so heartpain. Sob! Sob! Make sure you feed baby after jab...

lilyn,
i've email u..so sorri tat i got ur email wrong..pls update for me and fwd to the rest of the mummies, can?

hi,

any1 here use YAO LAN for babies to sleep? i am using n i am trying very hard to kick his habit of sleeping in yaolan, but difficult... any1 has experience to share??? is yao lan bad for babies cos' i find tat keep shaking him up n down, dunno baby will feel giddy anot... still prefer he can sleep quietly on bed...more peaceful n at ease... but my stoopid MIL always put him yao lan all the times!! *FROWN*

chatty:

Then those not on the class-list n not attending the gathering have to let us know which areas you are staying so that we can coordinate?

-Melia, wttee, Nielle, Candypop

Thanks Jang! Since Parentcraft is so disorganised. I think its best if I go to collect all the books and then distribute at gathering...if we go to Parentcraft to collect one by one, something is sure to go wrong somewhere...

Hi

May I order the book also?

A lovely book of nursery rhymes. Its one of those big, thick books filled with colourful pictures and nursery rhymes that we can read to our babies.
BP will close on Wednesday, 22 Nov 07, at 12 midnight. If you are interested, please indicate below:

1) Chattypheyling
2) Muddypie
3) Jete
4) Tulip
5) Melia (Jul Mummy)
6) Nining
7) settes
8) Jang
9) Alsie
10) Magical
11) pst
12) gold..piggy
13) Nielle
14) wttee
15) Adeline
16) candypop
17) coolzy

Hey Aug Mummies,

Any mummies tried weaning or preparing bb to wean soon. My bb in 1 mth time can start semi solid but I am really clueless to how to start? Do i need to get a slow cooker? Any exp mummies? and 4 mth old bbs can start by eating wat?

Any bbs start flipping liao? Yesterdae saw my bb flip halfway but cant complete flipping..

Nining,
is it too late if my hubby wana go to the gathering? wana check with my hubby if he wana go... What bus goes to ur house? Is it near lakeside? 2 more weeks b4 the gathering...

hi Chatty,

happen to see this BP...can I order too? ... let me know how to make payment to you ok?...tks!

1) Chattypheyling
2) Muddypie
3) Jete
4) Tulip
5) Melia (Jul Mummy)
6) Nining
7) settes
8) Jang
9) Alsie
10) Magical
11) pst
12) gold..piggy
13) Nielle
14) wttee
15) Adeline
16) candypop
17) PiggyB

puppygal,

were u at the parentcraft massage last sat??I was there and my girl clara was the noisy and most cranky baby in class...

Sunbloom: Sorry to hear about your hubs & FIL. Goodness how can ur FIL as a 3 yr old boy to cross the road by himself knowing that there's a car. And the irresponsible comments ur hubs made. Realli admire ur tolerance towards them! Thank god ur boy is fine. Jiayou!

Jo: That's a very nice bag. I can never make a bag like that...i suck at sewing...heeheez

Woof: Got ur list! Thanks alot dear..muacks~

Chatty: Ya how u like me to pass you the money? If you are collecting on the weekend, mayb i can help coz my place is not too far from AMK Hub.

Re: Hydrotherapy
Me keep wanting to bring my gal down but hubs n MIL against it. Hubs say so expensive, MIL says so young go wait will get addicted. Then will wanna do often. Sighz...

wah the massage class so fast taken!

nevermind Nining, I will go for parentcraft since its on 24th Nov. Don't want to wait till 1st Dec. Thanks

wow it has been a long time since i logged in......

sausagemuffin
yao lan actually helps bb sleep better and longer. Thats what many pp say though I didnt put my girl in it.

Usually start solid in 6th mth....for most pp I know

understand there is a jurong gathering...so exciting...unfortunately I have to work on Sat...full day for me

my bb starts to have lots of saliva coming out of her mouth. wonder is it teething soon? what kind of teethers should we buy for bb? diff schools of thoughts i heard

Alsie,
for the B&B, u can go on 24th Nov and 1st Dec 12.30pm-2pm (2 sessions @1.5 hrs) no need to wait, cos they just need 2 babies to start and now oredi have 1 baby in the waiting list on 24th nov class..

hi jang
no prob. i will bring the bumbo seat with me on the gathering. my advice is dun buy, it just look cute when the baby sits in it but its of not much use n i dun find it safe.

hi mudpie
i am interested to exercise with the baby. but amoy is too inconvenient n crowded. but if its town, i dun mind joining. btw there is an exercise class at botanic garden every tue for mummy n babies using stroller. i m quite interested. do u want to join me?

hi ning
thanks for checking for me. i dun thk i m joining since its on the 1st. i know my son too well. he will be over tired n cranky. i have to force him to sleep in the morning b4 i go to your place if not he will wake other babies up at the gathering.

hi jo
wah!!! so capable!! your bag is very well done. u went to market with your baby? have to be careful ok cos its sliipery. i went market today too. realise i more n more auntie. the vegetable uncle who is in his 50s called me auntie! how dare him?? i thk he needs a pair of glasses.

ah gal
u not going? go lah. we want to see melcom in real person. he is soo cute.

alsie
glad jerome is better. : )
btw does the hydrotheraphy makes him sleep better?if so can give me the ctc number? thanks

chatty
i want to buy the book too. but can add my name for me? my mouse is spoilt. i can't copy n paste. thanks.

puppy gal,
of course not too late
happy.gif

For mommies taking MRT:

alight at Lakeside MRT, then take bus #180, 187 or 154, alight at the 2nd bus stop near jurong fire station (fire station is at your right side) then cross the road. Summerdale is just opposite that bus stop.

ya looo I also wanna see all babies kekeke.. Melcolm looks like his neck more stable already.. and I wanna see Paige too since Ike and Paige may have their first trip togehter in March kekeke..

chatty,
thanks for collectting the books for us.. I think if u're not samson oredi u will leeee.. last time u carried your barang2 plus 2 fridges for me.. kekeke... maybe best collect the books otw u going to the gathering? that way it won't hog up space for you?

mummies, thanks for all your messages. Sometimes i juz need to know that i am normal. Cos my hubby and FIL always make me feel that i am over-reacting or simply not behaving as a mother shld.

Then again when i see my bro and how he cleans up, feed his 2 girls. I cannot help but tell myself, that shld be the way

Sunbloom: U are definitely not over-reacting. I feel that as a father,he shld be also responsible for their children too! It's a shared-responsiblity. I realli count my blessings that my hubs is helping me at times to change, feed and bath Rin.

UPDATED BP ORDER LIST

1) Chattypheyling
2) Muddypie
3) Jete
4) Tulip
5) Melia (Jul Mummy)
6) Nining
7) settes
8) Jang
9) Alsie
10) Magical
11) pst
12) gold..piggy
13) Nielle
14) wttee
15) Adeline
16) candypop
17) PiggyB
18) Coolzy

Sunbloom,
you're not the one overacting, they're the one over bochap.. Just continue what you do, you will reap what you sow.. and so will ur hubby/PIL.. I saw my friends whose parents were bochap, when they were old now and my friends have own family, they were not close and lonely..

PiggyB: That's great! Let me find out if collection is at AMK or TMC...will let you know? Thanks! Will let you all know about the money part later.

Jas: R u ordering book? I don't see your name on the list...

Asf: Last night I asked my PD about my baby's excessive drooling. He said that its not a sign of teething, Its just normal for all babies at this stage.

Cin: Ok. Will add your name in the book list.

Nining: Wah! So soon starting to matchmake your Ike already : )

1) Chattypheyling
2) Muddypie
3) Jete
4) Tulip
5) Melia (Jul Mummy)
6) Nining
7) settes
8) Jang
9) Alsie
10) Magical
11) pst
12) gold..piggy
13) Nielle
14) wttee
15) Adeline
16) candypop
17) PiggyB
18) Coolzy
19) Cin

Sunbloom: U are definitely not over-reacting. I feel that as a father,he shld be also responsible for their children too! It's a shared-responsiblity. I realli count my blessings that my hubs is helping me at times to change, feed and bath Rin.

hi all, can i ask for your opinion

let's say there is a 4mth old bb who had high fever of 39 deg celsius. Bb was given a pill to insert into his anus and he was given a does of panadol syrup too. Temperature dropped suddenly to 35 deg celcius. Bb seemed to be unconscious though bb seems to try to open his eyes. Parents called the doc who administered the anus pill and they were advised by the doc to give bb lots of warm water to increase the temp to 36.9 deg celcius. The mother was v worried and hence rushed the bb down to hospital. Docs at the A&E suspected brain infection etc. and ran a battery of tests. Mother was blamed by her hubby and in-laws for ot giving warm water to bb and for bringing bb to hospital to be tortured.
Can I have your opinion on the following:

1. Wat would u do if u are in the mother's shoes? Would you rush to the hospital or followed the doc's advice to give lots of warm water?
2. Did the mother do wrong by bringing her bb to the hospital?
3. Is the hubby and in-laws in the wrong?

i will follow the doc and rush to hospital
i will do both. not really tortured - must think piece of mind.

fever for baby not safe

if all tests clear take it as a blessing. baby will not rem wat happened on that day. only us mothers

garfield,

as far as I know, the supportsetries is not suppose to be given with the panadol syrup at the same time, it should be 4hrs apart. If want to insert the supportseretries, one should juz sponge the baby as it takes above 1hr for the medicine to take effect in the anus.

1. If its me, I will still bring the baby to the hospital, as better be safe then sorry. Cos hospital will know what is the correct way to treat such emergency situation.
2. The mother is not wrong as she knows wht is best for the baby at that moment, as its a life matters.
3.they are not wrong either, as they see the baby is so young, have to go thru all the test and so on...heart pain also lah...

There is no who is right or wrong in such situation.

1. i will feed the bb warm water n bring him to the hospital.

2. Nope, mother not wrong. I think hospital has more facilities to make sure bb is arite.

3. I guess father & PILs just heartpain bb has to go thru' tests. So not realli wrong lah

garfield

this is scary, is this a wat if sceanario or real case??

1) i will do both
2) mother not wrong, best to be inspected by doc as over the phone can be misleading
3) a bit wrong as they should not point fingers, who will feel worse then the mum herself...

to all who have reply: thanks!
in another situation that happens to the same set of grandparents but another grandchild. This grandchild keep having high fever and suddenly, is panting and has purple fingers, both the grandparents immediately rush this grandchild to hospital.
Can I have the opinion on this:
1. Why is it that the grandparents opposed letting the 1st grandchild go to hospital but are willing to bring the 2nd grandchild to hospital? IS it cos the 1st is a gal and the 2nd is a boy and they are biased towards boy?
2.Aren;t both situations warrant the need to go hospital to let 'professionals assess the conditon" (this was wat the grandparents said when they wanted to bring the 2nd grandchild (the boy ) to hospital? Isn;t it a case of bias?
3. When the 1st grandchild had serious diarrhea for days, mother wanted to bring child to see doc, the grandfather said "see doc for wat. dun need lah". in the end, child is so called cured by grandmother's receipe of brown sugar water (the child recovered not because of the water but cos she already passed out all toxins and diarrhea and suffered for days liao)
when the 2nd grandchild is coughing or have slight fever, the grandmother will immediately bring him to see doc or chinese physician. is it a bias case again?

Back