(2007/08) August 2007 MTBs

still playing catch up with the posts. today hubby out whole day with interview and i'm flying solo with baby. my mom is here to help but mainly she just keep an eye out when baby is sleeping, which is like 10-15 mins every hour. the trade off of baby sleeping through the night is she doesnt sleep in the day! *argh*

thx nining on tip
happy.gif
my hb is exactly e same, keeps talking to baby even numerous reminders not to stimulate bb at night! i hve since given up but juz told him to talk very quietly since he has to talk to baby :p

garfield
some times i get milk into the tube for the swing. i dont care and flush with water. blow out all the water and try to air dry well before using.

jang

if u organising the BP for lansinoh milkags..do include me i wanted too :p

recently i bought a box from mothercare at $18..and i like it a lot. much better then medela..they are thicker..and feels more secure. i try to hunt for gerber..just cant find them anyway.

thks

ocean
i think it'll be easier if i get my sis to collect my gel from you? i just sms her. do you work ard raffles place area? is it possible to meet during lunch time? she works at dbs tower.

Jete: Good idea. Didn't think of blowing milk out...will try it. My friend says she'll collect the stuff from you, and pass you the pureen diapers. Can e-mail me your blk & street number, as well as contact number? I'll ask her to contact you directly...

the thread move so fast, just spend half an hour to read through while my gal kept cry and want me to hold her, my mum hold her walking around also can't stop her cry..evening canky..

an_gal,
my gal is same as her dad, small size and small stomach, eat very little per feed, since full monht already eat 90ml per 3 hour, now near 3 month still only eat 90ml, sometimes even only 60ml. can't force her to eat more at day time leh..

Jete,
I dont have isetan card leh..just bought my AVENT ISIS IQ DUO from JL, inside got a lot freebees..same price as robinson 799$ use my robinson card get 5% rebate, so about 760$..
just tried pump once, only can get 65ml after 30mins..seems my ss not increase so much, I will pump more often tomorrow and see how much is the daily yield now..

chatty,

dont know robinson got the chop things leh..seems it's more worth to buy from robinson..I tot robinson sales already end yesterday, so when I pass by JL just go in and found the same pump same price but got freebees inside so just bought.

Re:#2
seems most of the gynae said after 6 month it's safe to have #2, I scare the womb will break during the contraction, this is what my gynae told me, that's why she said to be safe go for elective C for #2..Another reason she dont allow me to try nature birth is that she said my womb shape is abnormal, that's why during induce I have no contraction after 10 hrs drip, dont know it's true or not. I want to try nature birth but on the other hand, I scare end up like first one go to emergency C again..sian, same concern as Jete..

Jete

The fridge to go at Taka is under the hsehold dept? do u hv the website addy? Tot mayb can go Toa Payoh to take a look oso.

Sunbloom,
dont be sad, u r not alone..my hubby also never both about me and baby.only know work and play game, his dad and his work always higher prority than me and baby...it's very funny after give birth I have dreamed several times that I quarrel with him and I want to divorce..actually I just ignore him when I'm angry, as each time when I scold him or complain, he just quiet and said nothing which make me even more angry..so at the end still need to comfort myself..I'm lucky that have my mum help me with baby, else I will sure kena post netal blue too..dont know later how when my mum back.
I told my hubby if he still like that dont expect #2 liao, but he seems not so keen for #2 now, at least he never mention it to me, it's like me more keen to have another baby as I love baby so much..

My baby crying 1 hr yesterday, me and hb dunno wat is the reason, tried lots of things and he just keep crying. then my hb asked issit feeding time...i said cannot be, coz he drank 130ml 2hrs ago just now, normally only 120ml for 4hrs interval. Today he also cries alot...dunno, offered him my nipple and he happily sucking (not very hungry that type), stop then cry again 5min later.....do i need to bring him to PD? as behaviour changed a lot.

Xman: Robinsons Nursery dept will only give you "chop chop" card when you purchase $50 and above the first time. They also have Triumph-Robinsons card for lingerie! Nevermind lah, you bought already, no point regretting. Plus sometimes JL sells same item a few dollars cheaper than Robinsons. I remember this was the case for a Pigeon item, not sure if it was the Fridge-to-go.

Loh: Doc says sometimes when baby has stomach discomfort, sucking helps, so even if he sucks on pacifier, he'll also feel better.

Ocean,
pls advice ur posb acct? I can transfer u the postal fee.. sorries for the trouble.. but those mrt st are way off my place hehehe..

Chatty,
I work in gul area.. near benoi.. that's why we bought this place cos hubby can work from home but I can't..

Loh, is it growing spurt? Ike ever had drinking more 1 hr later his meal of 120ml, which is normally last him 3 hrs.. then he puked, then cried.. gave him nipple he bit and cried.. duh..

loh: dun need to go PD. most bbies have their bout of crankiness at certain time of the day. mine always cry even after his feed for long at around 7-9pm. All i do was to latch him to let him suckle till he sleep. Maybe ur boy is cranky at this time ...try to swaddle him and latch him to see if he wants.

magical,
this is 1st time I see the boston bag live, and I love it!! huuuummmmmmm dunno if hubby allow me to buy or not kekeke

Re:hubby
My hubby is like Nining's he come home from work, he'll take over takingcare of Mathias..but he also has a problem muli-tasking!I thk men can only do one thing at one time. when he change diapers I have to get the diapers for him, get the cream..etc..but at least he's trying to help
happy.gif
My boy seems to give him 'Face" cos once hb talk to him or carry him they will instantly have a conversation
sad.gif
so jealous!!

Re: milk supply
I just realised that I really have no idea if my milk supply has increased cos I've been letting my boy latch on and I dun pump anymore..but I find it weird that he can survive on his 3hrly latch on sessions cos he drinks 120ml (when he used to drink FM) and when I used to pump..I would only get 120m lin the mrnings and e rest of the day its like 80ml,60ml (it decreases) anyone have an explanation for me?

Re: the S thing
AHhhhhhH!! It was super painful! Part of me wanted to cry but didnt want 2 scare my HB so I just let him continue then after that damn pain.It felt like I just gave birth again! Did anyone experience any pain when urinating after the first time u resumed? I had a piercig pain. oh! one more questn, when I went for my pap smear at 7 weeks, my bleeding had already stopped but after I resumed S, im bleeding again..not alot..more like spotting..any of u have the same thing? at first I thought it was menses but too little to be menses and its already been this way for 2weeks...should I see a doctor?

Re;Fenugreek Seeds
Those who want to try it can purchase it at Sheng Shiong..my hubby gets my supply from there.just boil 2tbsp in 1l water and add 2 tbsp honey. boil till the seeds open up.*warning..its gonna be bitter!*

Sunbloom.
sayang sayang...i hope things will get better..

Rc_cola..
I envy u leh..hb want to pat tor w u..for me its the opposite. I want to go out my hb always want so stay at hm.even if I want to brg Mathias along he also always say here crowded cannot go, what is Mathias gets cranky? etc..so sian

Re: Shaving BB hair
I just brought my son to the barber today..shaved the sides and back and left the top part
happy.gif
cost $7 only..ok leh...they seem to know how to handle cutting for babies..

Jete, Ivy,Rainy5,
U al interested in brining your babies fo rthe hydrotherapy thingy at Punggol plaza? I wanna bring leh...$25 for abt 15mins or so depending on baby...

Oh! one more thing..i notice some of u are not feeding your babies at strict intervals..for me if I gv breast milk I gv every 3hrs..if FM 120ml every 4 hrs..how do u all know if ur BB is hungry b4 the supposed time? Sometimes he cry I thk he's hungry but I dun dare to feed (I only give or take 1/2hr diff) cos I scared Im overfeeding him...

Mel,
If breast feeding, no need follow the strict intervals, but if FM then should fix the interval. My gal is on mixed, so each time I direct latch on first if after that she still open mouth or cry I will add some FM to her, but it's hard to predict, normally we made 5 times she only want 2 times..so the amount she wasted is more than what she eat, as it's FM so I not that heart pain,later when I go back to work have to give her EBM then will sure heart pain if she wasted my BM since I dont have enough ss for her..

btw, An_gal,
what brand fenugreek cap u eating?how come u eat 6 cap per day?I bought from nature's farm, on the bottle it says can only eat 1 per day leh..I eat for almost one week, so far seems no use to me..will try the seeds type then..

hi Jang, me too want to get the milk bag.. itsfor a friend... do we have enough interests to start a new BP? how much is it anyway?

Hi mummies

Just to share my experience, my ss decrease when i went back to work, think its due to the long pumping interval and stress. One mummy (sorry, can't remember who) said to take lots of fluid, so i drink lots of milk - soya milk, freshmilk, milk powder! It really helps!

I also drink fish bone/papaya soup. I will boil a big pot (thick thick type) on sunday, let it cool down, transfer to containers and freeze it. This saves me the trouble to boil everyday.

Hi Mel

What is hydrotherapy? I bring my ger to Changi for 'tui na' as recommended by a few of my friends. 'Tui na' is a form of massage. I see that my ger sleeps and drinks well, not sure if it is due to the 'tui na', but my girlfriend swears that it helps as her twin boys don't fall sick so easily, appetite improves.

Nining,
at least your hb can multi task in something in life! my hb cant at all!! when my hb bathe Mathias I need to get the towel for him, pass him the shampoo/soap etc..haha! but at least he's trying to help..

rainy5,
hydrotherapy is actualy putting our BB in a tub of warm temperature(same temp as they were in our womb) and letting them swim w a float ard their neck to prevent them from drowning.. how?interested? I saw it today..wanna bring my boy to try it cos he LOVEs bath time so I guess he'll like this too..

Mel,
I think he learned by observing me kekeek.. before I change Ike's dd or bath him, I will make sure everything is avail within my reach. I dont just anyhow open the dd and then panicking for stuffs hahahaha..

Hi Mel

My hubby don't want lah, say my ger is too young - 3 months only. If you do bring your boi there, let me know how the session goes.

i know i'm slow in terms of the postings, but i'm SO glad we're talking about sex! i'm not suffering fr dryness, but it's still a bit painful leh...i tore during the birth but dr said i healed very well..???

sunbloom,
i'm amazed at ur tolerance! ur hubby sounds so spoilt by u! not easy to be in ur position man...must remember to vent here when ur frus ok?

i've not frozen any milk yet...dunno if i should start now tho...i find it takes longer to pump and store rather than latching on direct..and i'm only going back to work in jan...

taking yeeheng for his first jab tmrw..what should i watch out for?

hey ladies,
watz wrong? why cant i stand my MIL huh? actually my MIL was asked to stand in to help me out for this wk. but today i veri notti lor, "throw" carene to her and let her handle..onli bathe her and was hook on to the computer todae..den spotted some stuff which made me upset..she changed the nappy liao den juz leave the soiled nappy on the chair in the room
sad.gif
oso keep putting carene into the sarong to make her sleep when she is so wide awake..so i "feedback" to my hubby when he came home..he was angry wif me, showed me a black face...after tat, he tok to his mum and den the next thing he told me is tat he would send his mum back home...haiz...before my MIL come, i oreadi anticipate tat this unhappiness b/w my hubby and i would happen..

Nining: Got yr sms abt wallet. Will make arrangements once I have received the mini-fridge.

Nining / Magical: Whats a Boston bag?

Mel: When babies latch on, they manage to get more milk out of your breast than when you pump, no matter how strong the pump. FM is harder to digest, so baby tends to feel fuller for longer period of time and also needs to take less FM to feel full, compared to BM. Your BM supply will increase automatically to meet babys demands.

Re: Menses: Checked with the doc. Apparently if youre BF, you can still get your menses, but less will come out cause the hormones required for BM production inhibit the letting down of the lining of the wombsomething like that. Thats why you can still get pregnant while BF, and you will have very short and light periods during this time too.

My hubby feeds, bathes and diapers baby by himself. He even does the night feeds. Every weekend, I go out by myself for 4 hours or so, and he stays at home to care for baby alone. The only thing he wont do if he can avoid it is to change diaper when baby has pooed

Rainy5: Thanks for the tips : ). I was also told to just drink lots of water and milk to increase BM ss. WRT fish, my mum noticed that ss only increases if one takes oily fish like Salmon. Regular, non-oily fish doesnt help.

Lilyn: My baby had his first doze of 5-in-1 and Rotavirus 2 weeks ago, and 1st doze of pneumoccol 2 hours ago. He had fever for a day, but paracetamol helped. Looking out for fever now. At the New Mom seminar I attended on Sat, the PD, Dr Agnes Tay, said that some children whore very sensitive may get rashes too, but this will usually go away after a few days, so nothing to worry about.

Hi Woof

Cos maybe we kind of demanding this period, hope hubby can help out. But normally for 1st bb man normally not really so automatic.

woof

sigh..generation gap lah,i have the same sentiments all the time too!then how,who's going to help u look after carene?

rainy5,
my boy only 2mths old...but the ppl there say 7 days old can go liao.

lilyn,
re:vaccination
just want to let the rest of u know that mathias had an allergic reaction to his 6-in-1.the night he got his jab his eyes swelled up badly n had rashes..thank goodness e swelling subsuded by the next day but i still brought him to e dr.Dr advised to carry on w e remaining jabs cos e benefits if the jab is more than not gettg carrying on w it since his swelling went dwn after a day..so he just hv to suffer from his allergic reaction everytime he gets a jab.no choice...

Woof: Sounds like your MIL has different standards of childcare and hygiene from you, and your hubby is trying not to antagonise you and his mother, yet he feels sandwiched between the two of you...I know sometime very hard to "ren", but no choice lor, as you still have to live with her for a long long time...

Mel: The PD at the talk I attended said that if baby has allergic reaction to jab, then he'll probably be allergic to lots of other things, so just have to be careful and watch out.

S@L
my stash were all boxes of 50. i bought them from amazon when i was still living in the US. the milk bags are the same, they come in box of 25, 50, and 75.

need to go feed paige and hopefully she'll go to sleep. bbl to catch up on posts and emails.

nining
did you see my email??? i love the brit boston bag, is that the boston bag you and magical are talking about? i want it in pink, please tell me it's not available in pink. :D

Back