(2007/08) August 2007 MTBs

Jete, woof,

like i mentioned, can't remember the price. but its definitely more than $100..
happy.gif

Jete:

Youre producing twice as much as I do! I only produce 11 to 12 ounces a day and my baby consumes around 22 to 24 ounces a day. I dont know how to increase my ss further. Already taking Fenugreek and lots of fish. Ss increased from 5 ounces to 11ounces a day. Dont know can increase further or not.

Same here lormy hubby keeps talking about No. 2, from the day we discovered this pregnancybut this pregnancy was so difficult for me antenatal depression, nausea, reflux and non-stop vomiting for first 16 weeks, then post-delivery complications up till now Is it any wonder that Im too freaked out to try again? Of course it doesnt help that his aunt was in labour for 3 days, gave birth by emergency ceaserean and still went on to have 2 more kidsso I guess for my hubby, if others can do it, why not us?

Not sure which Isetan card youre talking about. I have the Isetan privilege card and it only gives 5% rebate in the form of vouchers every six months. The only time they give 10% rebate is when they have cosmetics sale, and then they give 10% beauty bonus vouchers on the spot in addition to 5% rebate.

Right now, Robinsons during the real Nursery Sales (not the 20% storewide that just finished) have a much better deal I think. You get 5% rebate over sale price, and you collect chops for every $50 spent. First 5 chops, you get a mystery gift (hot wheels holloween set), next 5 chops, you get a $20 voucher and 10 chops later, a $50 voucher.

I was comparing PIS Advanced during the Isetan and Robinsons sales in Sep. Isetan was selling at $734 with free breastpads and quickclean wipes, minus 5% rebate = $697.3. If you deduct value of freebies, you actually pay $670 for pump. Robinsons was selling PIS Advance with no freebies at $688, minus 5% rebate $653.6. On top of this, you get 12 chops, so that means one mystery gift and $20 voucher. So actual cost of pump would have been $633.5 without counting value of mystery gift.

Mums & Babes promotion price for PIS Advance was $685, with no additional 10% discount for FBI.

choco,

sorry, no more milk bags. is it urgent? i can sell you one of my personal stash.

else, i don't mind organising another time if there's enough orders.
happy.gif

Chatty,

Did u managed to view the All in one food processor? Do u know how much it cost? Do u happen to know the weight too?
If the weight is not too heavy, lagi good cos if i intend to spend a whole day at my relavtive house, i can bring along to sterilizer the bottles!
happy.gif

nining,
have decided to just spend.. hee.. my mum also getting one.. have smsed meita last night n now waiting for her reply.. thanks again! =)

chatty,
oh i see.. i always thought lecturers get paid much more than teachers! but the external consulting does give the job a wider scope no? then at least it wouldnt be so boring just hanging around in campus everyday.. i think i'll go crazy if i'm in an office admin position..

garfield,
so far i also only experienced once or twice more uncomfortable engorgement.. the first time i stretched pumping from 4 to 6 hours. wah so painful loh.. n i didnt want to move around too much..was outside at that time.. then after that was ok.. now back to work i had to pump at 6am then rush home after sch n pump again at 2pm. 8 hours interval for the first 2 pumps of the day. i realised that ss dropped last week, so over the weekend i pumped an extra time a day, so 5 instead of usual 4, n now ss came back up again.. phew!

dear all,
any babies now sleeping through the night? by that i mean 11-12pm to at least 6-7 am? jereth now still wakes up for night feeds at 3 months. he'll need to feed for at least once a night still.. the next 3 weeks he wont be home on weekdays, hopefully by the time he comes home he'll have already begun to to sleep through without feeding at night!

mommies,
last niht meita smsed me, she's prescribed 1 week rest by the doc, so she ask my help to let u ladies know if there's delay at her end.. if need anything within this week, pls let me know, i'll work something out with her or sonya..

Magical,

My son still having nite feeds. If he last feed is at 9pm, he will wake up at 12am, 3am & 6am for his feed! We try to stretch his feeding time to every 3hourly but sometimes 2hr plus he starts crying for milk liao!
Wonder how to train him not to wake up so many times for his nite feed??
uhoh.gif

Angeline Poh: No. Ive not viewed the food processor yet, as my hubby isnt too keen on it. He feels we can buy it later when the baby starts on solids. Its 33.5cm and going for $141 (usual $189) if you get the latest issue of New Mum Magazine (Sep to Nov issue).

Magical: We dont just teach. We have to do research, supervise trainee teachers / counsellors on-site, and organize conferences like the CRPP and GEP etc. Some of us, like myself, are not just academics or even former teachers from the teaching service, but also registered professionals in our fields, and the external consultancy gives us the opportunity to keep in touch with the industry, practice our professions, and earn a little extra pocket money. So our job scopes arent administrative or deskbound in any way (unless youre in mgmt, like the sub-deans etc.) In fact, quite a few of us spend could spend 50% or more of our time out of campus.

chatty
I bought my PIS Advance from The First Few Years at KKH at $669 but with no freebies. Was told this place has the cheapest price as compared to other places. But from your calculation, definitely Robinson has offered a better deal!

Nining, woahhahhaha u remembered ah?! I am slapping myself in the face right? Blame it on Leooh loh :p, coz my sis saw the bag, then ask me how come we talk abt bags instead of babies.
Leooh, dat's a v practical bag that u got. roomy enough to stuff bb's stuff.
happy.gif

it's ok, u e-mail to me lah, I will TRY not to buy. kekeke [email protected]

Magical, my bb seems to be slowly sleeping thru but not every nite. Last nite was 11+ to 4.30am. sometimes, can be till 5 or 6am latest.

Bb food processor / cube trays:
Frankly speaking, these are nice to have but not essentials. to do bb's puree, we can do without the above spendings. Last time bought the cube trays to store puree, end up didn't use coz my mum didn't like the idea of frozen purees. she's rather cook fresh daily. Also once bb's food is cooked soft soft, can easily mashed with spoon and sieve.

Baby pics....so lovely, Leooh, Enci is a fair lady! Garfield, he is so smiley. long eyes, like korean bb. and nining, ur "ang mo kia". wat can i say........mixed parentage always produce beautiful babies, u shd have MORE kids!

Angeline: I read a book that advised feeding baby more during each of his day feeds or increase frequency of feeds during the day, so that he's more likely to sleep through the night. Maybe you could calculate the much your baby consumes in 24 hours, and reportion out the meal sizes during the day. If you just stretch his feeding time to 3hourly without increasing size of meals, it won't work, 'cause he won't be getting enough nutrition.

Magical
So far after his first month, my boy only wake up once in the night between 3-4am to drink. His last feed is between 9-10pm.

hi mummies

thank you for the compliments on the bag/baby...haha

nining

haha,i'm not showing off.sharing photo on orders of jete!;-)

as for shaving enci,we didn't do it ourselves.we got the tai mao bi(chinese calligrahy pens)pp to come do it,cos we wanted to make tai mao bi for her.spent a bomb..4 pens with boxes for $900!but we thought,its a nice momento for her and us and MIL...

think u can still get them to do it for a fee of $20 if i'm not wrong.

they used an electronic shaver to shave the hair,tested on my hand to confirm that its gentle and won't hurt my baby..

jete

yes!its less than a month and its growing so fast!some patches faster than others though...very cute actually haha

Ng: Totally agree with you. My mum and aunt also said the same thing about steaming and mashing with fork. Guess the processor is just nice to have and convenient, but really not necessary. That's why I'm having 2nd thoughts too...just that I'm such a kitchen techno freak...anything that makes like a little easier looks good. : )

night feedings:

at almost 9weeks,enci will take a dreamfeed at 10.30pm,then semi-wake hungry at 3 something 4.

ng

haha,i'm just sharing photo of my bag mah(innocent look)

angeline

i agree with chatty.monitor her daily intake,feed her enough during the day so that she can have only one feed at 4 or 5pm to last thru the night.how old is ur baby?and weight?above 5.5kg should be able to last more than 4-5 hours already,my PD said.

Chatty & Leooh,

My baby drinking more in the daytime till his last feed, i gave him 160ml but during nite feed, we only give him 140ml cos he always drink halfway & knock off, so in the end sometimes he will finish 140ml but sometimes only 100ml!
He automatic wake up one leh!
What shd i do har?

My son now weight 6.7kg & today he turn 3mths
happy.gif

ng,
kekeke okie will send to u, dont blame me okie? :D

My son really looks like his grandpa from my hubby side, but skin not so angmoh.. his lips are like mine tho.. thick hahaha..

Leooh,
waaaa 900 for 4 pens and shaving! I think I'll just take the shaving kekeke.. Where should I go though? I dont think they will come over for $20..

nining,
i tried the MIM nursing tea too but no effects either, mayb i'm jus not gifted with gd ss.

magical,
my bb had managed to skip the night feeds, usually last fed him btw 12-1am, he will wake up 6-8am depending on his mood hee.

nining,
can send mi the catalog? no $$ to buy but 1 2 see see kpo haha.. my email is [email protected]

haa maybe i shld also post my gucci bag that i bought from meita n sonya.
happy.gif
..later i go take a pic..heee

want to ask ur mommies for advise.

Jaelynn now sleep from 7 pm all to way till 230 or 3 am. that's abt 7 to 8 hrs. i dream feed her at 12 am. it is good news but the sad part is after she woke up at 3, she dun want to sleep ..so from 4 to 7...i practically feedign her and trying to put her to sleep. at times when she does sleep, she woke up every 45 mins sleep cycle. how do i make her to sleep at 9 pm instead of 7 pm..so that she can sleep from 9 to 5 am (i am assuming that she still will sleep 8 hrs after i change her timing).

reason why she sleep at 7, was becos she dun sleep from 4 pm to 7 pm. I try very hard to make her take naps..she just refused. these days...i am so zombie after 4 am...

jete, you can try after 6 mths even for c? my gynae tell me after one yr then can try..

asking those who are using PIS and medela electric plus, when milk gets into the tubings, do u wash the tubings by flushing water through the tubings?

my baby sleep so little in the day and he even wake up 3 times for night feed. how to make him sleep especially at my in laws place since me going back work soon.

angeline,
tks for ur concern..(so touched)...after tat dae, she drinks better...i guess tat dae she has lots of wind in the tummy....

jang,
no worries..will check out the price when i go shopping

leooh,
enci is so lovely...she looks like a girl lor not like my carene like ah boy like tat...

garfield,
he's so cute..

Woof,

Glad that she's fine
happy.gif

Try applying some " ru yu you " on her tummy or give her some woodward gripe water, it does help to clear the wind inside the tummy
happy.gif

Mummies,

Have anyone start giving "bi gor" - brown rice cereal to your babies? When shd we start giving har?

asking those who are using PIS and medela electric plus, when milk gets into the tubings, do u wash the tubings by flushing water through the tubings?

I really need to vent!

Hubby aka sofa really think I enjoy life at home. When he look after the boy, his buttock on the sofa and he juz yell out items for me to carry to him. Diapers, wet tissues, baby crying there are many times he said v nasty things to hurt me. Like complaining tt my salary too low and giving up a better offer tt pay so much more ($1,000 more! Sob!) I have to tell myself to be strong and ignore his nonsense. Sometimes I cry cos I dunno why he has changed so much. To be honest, sometimes I look at my gfs hubby and how they shower attention to the children and their wives. I cannot help wonder wat happen to me. One of them commented tt I am more sober, less jovial. I was thinking, of course lah, run around for sales, then go home look after 2 boys.

nining
thx for tip! it means so much to me as i m so helplessly clueless abt her uneven head & m so worried it'd stay tis shape when she's grown up. i tink i may try lett her slp on tummy for a while & see how it goes
happy.gif
thx again!!

angeline poh
my baby is just now 3 plus mths but i may only add semi solids when she is 6 mths or so. u starting alrdy? is brown rice best to start bb on? wat abt fruit puree eg apple / pear ?

Re: #2
i gave birth naturally but till now my stitches dwn tere still tender. prob wont try for #2 until my body system has settled dwn a little more. kinda sore still ... haiz ..

cheer up sunbloom
happy.gif
i hve my days too & in fact i finally sat hubby dwn & told him how i felt. he's now a lil better & more sensitive to my feelings. maybe try chatting with HB casually abt e matter? mite help
happy.gif

choco,

i'm still taking the pre-natal vitamins and fish oil. gynae recommended taking them for producing "quality" milk
happy.gif

sunbloom,

cheer up! i had problems with hubby's attitude also. until when one day i finally broke down and cry and complain then he made some improvements. but still, i think he always ONLY think of what's best for his son, never think of how i feel already..

don't be upset, see the beautiful smile on your BB face
happy.gif

thanks guys. i know. I tried talking to him. He juz ignores me. I thk he will only respond to anything fm his dad. wife? not impt. He see his dad run around he heart pain. I work, do housework, look after kids - my job scope. i think i also want a wife.

i give up liao. i juz concentrate of being a good mummy

sunbloom,
dun be too upset...maybe i haf post natal blues before so my hubby is more involved in caring the baby...at times when bb cries, we would do 'sissors, paper, stone' and the loser will haf to attend to the bb...
there are times where he oso wan to go out den i would say no more 2nd one..so he is a bit more scared lor...

jang,
told u tat my maid is gone rite? now my MIL stands in for us...i very bad lor...try to ignore and push the care of the bb to her..haha...
reason: we have different style of caring the bb and to prevent conflict, i choose to close both eyes..haha
(sounds very bad hor)

hi ah gal.

your baby last feed at 12 to 0100? then does he sleep between 6 pm to 1200 am?

aiyo, i really give up liao. tontie going to kiddy palace to buy sarong for baby to sleep in. we have been carrying him to much since birth till now. before he goes to bed or naps, he needs us to rock him!! at least 1 hr n i m not kidding. its making me so tired n sometimes frustrated n "mang zang".

whats the cons of sleeping in sarong? practically during day time he doesnt sleep unless i rock him in my arms, the moment i put him down, he will yell n wakes up.i cant even leave him in the bouncer now let alone cot alone cos if he sees nobody around him, he will cry. i am so busy just to make him sleep.

hi choco or chatty

were u the one asking me abt how my baby got uti?
well what happen was, i was careless n ignorant when i bathe him. i tot have to pull the foreskin back abit to wash the penis. that was what my hb said. so there was a tiny tear at the tip. the germs from his shit got into his body through the tear. he has got high fever n we rushed him to hospial n after some lab tests, we realised he got uti. he stayed there for 4 days. its more dangerous for boys to have uti because of the urine reservoir is near to the kidneys. thank god he is ok now.

cin,
me faced the problem too...now i dun care too...use pacifier and sarong....most pple say sleep sarong, bb can sleep longer..

hi sunbloom

huggs...dun be upset. i know how u feel. its really diff to be a good wife, a good mummy n working at the same time. i am a sahm n i get stressed up wif my baby due to his sleeping habits already. it must be difficult for u esp u work. we understand n HE up there understands too. so cheer up n vent your frustration here if u need to.

last weekend, my husband also cannot take it when baby was cranky n demand our attention all the time.he can look after the baby till he fell asleep even though baby crying. he is like your hubby, when he changes the baby, he will yell for tissue paper, towels, etc. i got so fed up n asked him to pls multi task. i mean i can do it at home alone to change baby n why must he keep calling me to take stuff for him. now i forbid him to change dipaer baby for him in the middle of the nite. he said baby is soo cute that he cannot resist kissing n talking to him. that stimulated him. becos of that my baby refused to sleep betwwen 0200 am to 0600 am on sat. i was super grouchy on sun.

in the end we took baby for a car ride from my place to tuas. strange thing is he can sleep in the car. but we must drive on expressway, no small roads with traffic lights cos he will wail when we stop. thank goodness he slept for abt an hour. but he woke up again when we reached home. haiz...

Banquez_suez,

I did ask my PD, she said can start brown rice during 4th mth, my son only 3mth now, so am thinking is there any mum who starts early.
But my PD did mention that some parents do start at 3 mth cos their babies reject milk, so no choice got to mix some cereal in for them.

Im not too sure when can start fruits/vege puree leh.

Sunbloom,

Dun be too upset, cheer up, okie!
happy.gif

Woof,

My coli gave me the infantino rider but i have start using yet. Not too sure when can start using cos scare will hurt his fragile neck.

garfield
I'm using PIS. So far have not experienced the milk go into the tubings. Most probably i would also flush water into the tubings if the milk gets into it. Cannot think of a better way to wash the tubings liao.

Back