(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

10pkts Huggies Pull up pamts

Unopened, expiry 2012

L size, 12pcs/pkt

S$5.00/pkt

Self collect: Jalan Bukit Merah Blk 135, after 6.30pm,
Self collect my work place: Odeon Towers 9am to 5.30pm, City Hall MRT or Raffles City lunch time 12pm to 1.15pm or after 5.30pm, Bugis MRT, Parco, lunch time 12pm to 1.15pm.

Pls pm me.

HI HI HI Mummies..
Wah been looooong time never chat.. coz hubby transfer here and there.. so keep bussy with packing and all.. plus i arrange to bring maid myself (not through agent), so v v bussy.. Now i'm ready to join the club again!!!! hehehe

Nor,
U really make me scroll down onli to look for your next story of the 10K!!!!!

Everybody,
Do we need to send our bb to pree school already? i heard so many ppl do it, but i feel bit too soon.. how?

child abduction
Omg, my parents like to bring my girls go toa payoh and play the step game and i tot spore is quite safe. Never never tot it will happen. Lucy i came over to have a look of the thread and the first i saw is abt the abduction story. Must told my parents abt it bcos normally we dun stay near them cos we tot it will be safe. So scary.

I am so happy today. For two nites Cheylssa went to sleep w/o her pacifier. Last nite she rejected her pacifier bcos she bit until is torn and my mom still ask me to prepare a new one for her so i said "NO" since she dun want this is a good time haha and tonight she asked for it but put insider her mouth for a while and rejected it again haha. Finally!!!

Ling/Moomoo,

Congrats on your newborn
happy.gif

Ling, your hubby looks macam gynae! at first i thot why you post yr gynae pic..
then i read on i realise its yr hubby!
your nb looks so chubby.. whats the weight and height at birth?

Renz
sometimes she says the darnest things lah.. i just don't know what can come out of the sweet face..
just have to take it like a mother i guess :s

Gugi
wah haven seen you in the thread for a while.. so the $10K scam of mine was worth it eh? LOL
welcome back to the thread!

do chk my posted items (BN and pre-loved) in WTS:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/2295376.html?1238256923

Ling
Oh, its your hubby hor? i already think why posting gynae pict? hahahaha.. congrat hor!!!
The more the merrier?

Nor,
Yo lor, haiah.. hurry hurry skip the other post only to hear the whole story turned out tepu tepu!!

Child Abduction,
I can imagine this thing might happened in sgp.. so scary lei.. if down here i heard about it v often. In fact my fren almost experince it.. we went to her cousin's opening boutique in One Utama shopping center, so crowded there, then i saw someone carry my fren son out from the shop, at first i tot one of her fam member, so i follow out though can play together wif my gal since inside v hot and cramp, then when i say "Hello, want to play together there?" (pointing one corner with bench to seat), then that lady said :"Oh no, thanks, my son sleepy already tats why crying, i hv to hurry, his father driving to lobby already", then when i know something fishy, coz this boy father in china for biz trip, n the mother inside helping with customer, so i told that lady with higher voice to make ppl notice :"Eh, is her mum know you bring her son? i tot the father in china?", then other fren who just came also stop and asking what happened, i said:"X(the boy name) going home without Y (the mum name), how come i didnt know? coz after this i thought we wan 2 go playdate?" (which is true, that day all of us want to go playdate), so that lady hurry hurry put down my fren son and fled, i ask ppl to chase her coz i carry my doter with 2 big bags, but no one did!!!!
So scary, my fren report to the security, then we give description and all.. the thing is, this lady not untie2 kind.. she's in her 30+ i guess, then v tai tai looks somemore, carry bottega veneta bag, gucci sunglases.. looks v posh.. no one will suspect hor?

Ling,
Congratulations to u! Wow! a princess =) what a sweetie.

Nor,
Glad to hear that Wairah is fine.

Keeping toys:
How do mummies here teach your tods to keep their toys after playing? I have been trying to ask S to do that. And lately she starts to pretend to walk away when i ask her to keep her toys. This evening i had it with her and screamed at her. Its so tiring to be the only one keeping her toys countless times everyday. Sigh...

wow, i am thinking now how i am going to teach my girl when she go missing who should she approach. Normally i will told her to look for lady and not guy. Or look for those shop ppls and woman with kids. Think woman with kids and shop ppls will be safer hor.

today is the 3rd day and Cheylssa never asked for her pacifier. Sucess already haha

Now is to train her toilet-trained

ichigo07: K understands when I say "keep ur blocks/dvds(when she messes with them)" or simply "keep/put it back". However, when she's not in the mood, she'll oso walk away and tat's when I will sing " cleanup, cleanup, every do ur part"...hahah....the teachers sang this song at mygym and somehow, my girl will start to cleanup no matter how unwilling she is. Oso, she knows she has to keep a set of toys before she can play wif another set. U can oso tell her tat u'll be very happy if she can be a good girl and keeps her own toys after playing.

4ever/eliz: not easy to toilet train lei.....tried putting K on her potty but she really put up a strong fight lo
sad.gif
dun think she's ready for it...shall try again when she past 2yrs ba

Tinsel
When i 1st put Megan on potty she also resisted. Success only when i tried a month later.
Actually hor, my frd just told me no hurry if the child's going childcare.
They will get toilet trained there.

4ever
Congrats!!!

I oso havent manage to get C potty trained.. act should be easy since eveytime before she do her thing, she'll tell me :"mummy or mbak (our maid), em em.." but everytime bring her to potty, once she "see" tat thing, she'll freak out :"iiiiiiiiiiiii!!!" and refuse to sit there.. if i force her, she'll cry.. sigh.. what should i do?

ichigo07: Yo lor, agree wif Tinsel, i oso say : Put it back.. if she refuse i will firm to her, the after she did it i'll say "Good job, good girl!", there are times when she'll say :"dont want! mummy/daddy/mbak put back!", then i will remind her firm until she knows that she has no opt hahahaha

I remember one of the mummies here got the cleaning set, care to advise how much such a play set would cost here? Someone told me it goes for $400 plus. Is it true? Would only organise the spree if savings justified the amount of co-ordination work. Thanks so much
happy.gif

ichigo07,
one the following methods usually work for me:
1. asking her to pick up her toys "C, pls put your books/toys back to where they belong" and saying thanks and well-done when she does. screaming at her usually ends up with her throwing more stuff around
2. picking up a toy/book and asking her to help me with the rest
3. singing the same song as what tinsel recommended (i think they sing the same songs at most of the playgroups!)

Aiyo my Cheylssa took the potty and said she want to pee but she only sit there lor and nothing come out. She can sit there many times and never pee. So i also noticed now for 2-3hours she can no need pee leh so i took my parents dun like her wear pampers now.

Sorry.. was busy 'entertaining' S that it slipped off my mind about my question.

Thank u Tinsel, Gugi, Shymz for sharing with me your experiences.

Tinsel
Yes, i tried to get her to keep 1 set 1st b4 she change to another set. But like u say, it depends on their mood. Sometimes she just doesn't co-operate, especially when daddy or other people are around. I shall try out the clean up song with her.

Gugi
I also tried to be firm with her on sunday but she just refused to co-operate. Waiting for her daddy to help her out. daddy sometimes spoil the market arrgh!!

Shymz
Yes they sing the same song - think its the barney song? she has a barney truck at grandma house which plays this song.
Yes! Screaming at her only caused her to WAIL out Loudly.. faint! Sigh..guesss i'm just too short-temper to take care of a toddler.

Hope u gals have a great day today!

Hi Hi, re. getting keeping toys, singing the same song works for Matthew too. We learned the song from his GUG class so now everytime we sing "Toys away, Toys away..." he'll start putting his toys back into the box/basket
happy.gif
I think the trick is to be consistent. If you keep repeating the same song/action, they'll get it after a while
happy.gif

ichigo07: though K is very much a daddy's girl, hubs is my ally when it comes to discipline...hehhe...u should get hubs to stand on the same line too, then S will know she has to clear the mess herself.

Ichigo,
Same lor, my doter oso v spoil towards the daddy, but after some ugly behaviour my doter shown when my fil stay wif us, then he realize how important for both of us to be in "one voice".. of coz till today my doter still v manja to daddy lar, but not as bad as before (thanks God!), it is difficult for us to be firm if got one person in e hse who alwasy play "hero" for her, always headache n stress everytime my pil stay over!!!

Mattsmummy,
Yes! Thats true! its works as well.. whenever my doter act manja2 dont want to arrange her toys, then i'll sing a song "clean up, clean up, everybody clean up.." or something else(i made it up thogh) hahaha! and its works like wonder!
I always ask my maid not to clean her toys before my doter start it. Dont want her rely so much and become spoil brat.. but some mummy told me my doter like live in army camp! sigh..

Nor, that was a good gimmick to draw us back to this thread. I have not been here for ages!!!!

Regarding child abduction - yes, please be very careful. I am currently in the counseling field and have read cases whic happened in Singapore. There is this young boy who was sexually abused in a public toilet and now as an adult, he has to receive counseling for his sexual tendencies. The father had actually allowed the boy to go toilet by himself and the abuse happened just like that. So, please, please make sure that someone accompanies your child when he/she goes to any public toilet because you never know what kind of sick people there are out there!!

My son is not really talking yet. He babbles alot and can say some words but not in full sentence. Should I be worried?

Hi Lilac,

Thanks for sharing otherwise i m not sure if hb will allow our boy to go toilet by himself in future. Will bear this in mind.

Hi Lilac,
Yikes! its a sick world out there!! so scary lei..
Regarding your son.. i guess, boy tend to be slower talker than a girl.. at least from what i learn around and what my cousin told me (she study in children development in cambridge now). No wonder woman talk alot than man! hahaha

No worry lah.. i think in singapore parents more open minded and willing to accept these kind of explanation compare to parents here, everytime they ask me what do i do with my gal till she can talk alot and in full sentence while theirs not, if i give this kind of answer, then they're talking behind my back said that i'm stingy dun wan 2 share my "strategy".. jeh!

i think quite difficult to test the kiddos at this age lei. if i remembered correctly, those colourblind tests which we took require us to know numbers, shapes and colours in the test cards. however, if one is concerned, should check wif pd....they should know better.

abt colour blindness...i was kinda worried when veve started learning colours. everything seemed to be the same colour to her. but after numerous readings of brown bear brown bear, flashcards and teaching her to sort her toys according to different colours, she's mastered her colours at ard 18m i think i can't rem for sure. but dun worry, i've heard from other parents that colours tend to be a tad more difficult to learn. just continue to point out colours to your tods everyday at every chance. hth

abt keeping toys. veve's v inconsistent. in class, she's always the model student keeping the toys. at bathtime, she keeps the toys well. in her room and around the house, it depends on her mood. sometimes she'll simply look at her room and tell me MESS :| what works for her when she doesn't q cooperate is 1. i tell her what to expect after she cleans up, 2. i get her fave toy, her dog to help clean up then her enthusiasm will shoot up. also at night before bedtime, and before we go out (if i'm not in a hurry) i'll get her to gather all her toys that she's left everywhere around the house in a basket and keep in her room first.

liliac...oh thanks for sharing. just read how a 6yo boy got raped in a library in US with his mum just close by. very disturbing!

Wairah goes Shopping
Last Monday my mom took Wairah and my helper along to the market.
Then they stopped to buy some stuff near a toy shop.

Mom told me that Wairah squat down and started to choose a toy.
She then told my mom “adik nak ini” - *"I want this" and mom bend over to see what her choice was.
My mom was amused that she chose a vanity make-up kit!!!

When I reached home that evening, Wairah came to me with her handbag and showed the contents.
She said “Ni adik punya” - *"this is mine"
then she started to pretend to put on blusher and lipstick! *faint*

So now, I officially have 2 vain girls to bug me the whole of my life, share make-up and go shopping with
happy.gif

OMG! hope the child is alright! that maid deserves to be punished by the same coin...be stomped upon and kicked on! hope nothing bad happened after this clip!

this is so disturbing...which is why i will never let a stranger live with us and take care of veve alone.

btw...thru a fren's fren in FB, i learnt abt this indo maid in medan who burnt the children in her care alive in feb this year. from hearsay, the maid had been bringing a man back. the other live-in maid the chinese family had warned her agst it. the children, both teenagers were also aware. their parents were overseas at the time of the incident. the maid apparently locked the rooms of the children from outside. both died. the other maid managed to jump out of the window. read that the girl,15yo, was on the line with her grandma when the fire was burning, telling her she's not afraid cos she's praying. *heartache*

very very sad
sad.gif

nor...haha...i've got one vainpot too. like shymz's C, veve will stand by when i wash my face and apply my moisturiser etc. so i'll usu give her a cotton square to let her wipe her face. then i'll dot her face with moisturiser and we'll stand in front of the mirror to spread it all over her face :p oh and veve loves her shoes, bags and frocks! and she calls the mirror "mei mei" ?!?!?

shymz...agree! so thankful to have a girl
happy.gif
so thankful to be one :p

AIOH!!! i burst to tears in e middle and stop watching! where is it? what happened to the girl? and is anyone kill the maid oredi? so heart pain to see such a XXXXXX behave like that! hopefully God gave her punishment she deserved!!! so ANGRY!!!

Shym, Tinsel, bedebe,
I'm courius coz usually we onli need to teach her once then she'll pick up, after that will remember all e time and never fail when giving answer.. match shapes, puzzle, macth numbers without we teach her, even read; but last tuesday, when playing macth color, she couldnt manage to do it.. then other time when i show her baloon stand, i ask her what color its is? her answer onli :"baloon baloon.." i mean yes it's baloon, but how come she doesnt know what colors? i'm so freak out, when i told my hubby he said cant be, coz everytime we brought her for groceries shopping, she'll say lime! lemon!(one green and one yellow eventhough same look and same size), as well as big garlic and onion and bombay, she oso can read alphabets in any base color (i mean, wall white then got words.. she can read, words on blackboard oso she can read, etc) but still i'm worried.. coz i dun noe whether she can do all of that because of shapes and simply doesnt recognize colors or act her sight okay, just doesnt understand colors yet?
kancheong!

gugi...dun kan cheong...i was like that too! when i started teaching veve colours, everything was red or blue...my guess is that your girl has not picked up the names of colours to verbalise what she recognises. give her some time and dun stress yourself. i was worried veve was colour blind too but turns out her vocab just wasn't big enough to tell me what she already knows.

btw, isetan scotts having crocs warehouse sale...think they add new stocks everyday till 9apr. got veve 2 pairs of mary janes for $38.80 (got isetan card discount) but v limited colours and sizes. adult ones range $20-35.

oh gosh!!! How can the maid do that to the child?!!! The little girl must be really traumatize. I cannot believe that such things are happening - that a human being would treat another human being in such a cruel way. I certainly hope that the maid receive what she deserves!! I am just so upset!!!!!!

Bedebe,
Thanks for sharing dear.. and i happened i chat with one mummy that seems experienced in this area, said that boy more likely to colorblind that girl.. and if e mother not color blind esp if the father not as well, then almost impossible for the kids (esp girl) to be colorblind.. to be honest i feel much much better now.. seems u're rite, prob my doter hasnt "get" it yet the idea of colors...

Lilac,
yo hor, so horrible lei tat maid! such a pitty gitl.. the most heartbreaking park is, no matter how someone abuse them, kids will always follow and come again to those no heart ppl simply because they dont know where to go to.. (i saw few video showing child abuse and the kids still come again and follow those ppl who abuse them or even "beg" to let he/she follow them) so hearbroken, such human can do such things to defendless kids.. can imagine what happened if the parents didnt see that video.. i'm so angry. what i told my maid in e begining, i can tolerate almost anything, but honesty and cruelty, if u steal for me i make sure u pay me, and if u lay hand on my doter, i make sure u sorry until the rest of your life. If u treat us nice, i'll treat u even nicer.. Thanks God so far my maid seems decent, of coz most of the time i stay at home, but there are times when i nid to go out and leave my doter with her, i will rush home and watch the tape, see nothing but she play wif my doter, even laughing at my doter.. still i always have to becarefull..

shymz: really? funny lei...last nite i was on msn, then received a msg from u which said "new pictures" followed by a link...dun tell me virus?? but dun think so lei coz pc still working fine.

Hi everyone...
its been a long time since i logged in.
Our kids are really all grown up rite?
Aa has been in childcare since Jan this year and until today she is still crying when i send her...but now she can sit in the car seat in peace. Aa also has a mind of her own. She wants us to only listen to her, so there were arguments here and there.
But now that she is bigger, i feel more relieved cos its easier for her to understand me. Its also easier for me to understand her.
Aa has been having running nose and cough since Jan. I brought her to a couple of doctors even KK but still not well yet..they did an Xray on her chest and said that her lungs are cleared. So for 3 months, she has been drinking medicine everyday..im worried abt her.

priety zinta...have you considered if A may be allergic to certain food or stuff like dust? cos allergic reaction can manifest as runny nose.

tinsel...u may even get funny pings from friends online...supposedly sharing some wonderful links...be careful not to click on anything from dubious sources!

Zinta,
If u worry giving her too much "chemical" medicine, then have u ever consider homeopathy? i find it much safer n better solution for my bb when she cought cold/cough that not serius yet (or if doctor say not serious)..

Bedebe,
how come onli us whose being so stand by lately hor? hahaha

hey ladies, i finally have time to drop by here.. been a crazy week at work with lots of dev work and troubleshooting.

i'm on sick leave tdy, down with flu.. bugger!!
i'm so determined to get well before hitting the long weekend thou.

going to read the postings up there now
happy.gif

hi gals...

want to order any gerber snacks??

- mini fruits : banana strawberry (4.00USD) exclude shipping
1- zann
2-zann
3-zann
4-zann
5-
6-
7-