(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

Speech
Wairah is able to make up sentences using 2-3 words.. very chatty and will mimic Lis.
She can count up to ten.. and will follow after Lis from eleven to twenty..
Guess having an elder sibling does helps to some extend, cos Wairah tends to copy Lissy’s conversation with me.

we went on 28 Feb at 3pm. Only 3 kids only. You went at 1pm right? She didnt attend the last wk cos Im down with stomach flu. Now thinking whether to continue anot... Your gal attend LNT where?

hi ling0416: 3p.m....no wonder i didn't see u. ya, mine's 1p.m. class. the 3pm class is a new class, thus mayb not so many pple. my girl's attending lnt at hougang branch on fri evening. like i said, these are different schools lo. if u juz want ur gal to build up on social intraction skills, kids' loft would be more suitable...my personal opinion la. u can oso try some gym schools or kindermusik etc.

mattsmummy: I also heard that kids tend to talk faster when they go to school but not sure if it applies to my son
sad.gif
Think I will still let him attends & see how bah

ju: You must be crazy to miss being preggie so fast!!! I am sure you will have more to come..hehe

mei: Ayden is cute! Did he pick up more words ever since he attended childcare?

cheok: Good to know that Shayne has picked up more words
happy.gif
Don't worry too much about his height, he's still too young. As you have said, both u & hubby are tall, I am sure Shayne will grow tall too. I intend to make Kaizer play more basketball if he's a shortie (both me & hubby are shortie too).

Hi all....have been a silent reader all these while...Im started on leave since Monday...hence decided to come in and chat...

Well, I only knows a handful of mummies here..those pioneer batch i guess..

I will be delivering my 2nd baby next week! Jus send my boy to child care on Monday...reali heartpain to send him there. Went to fetch him at 6pm+ yesterday and he was already crying....think he saw other parent are fetching the kids and we are nowhere in sight.

Btw, did any of ur kids reject milk? My son started to reject milk lately..not sure whether is it becos in protest of us sending him to child care...he jus don't wana drink milk anymore...tat's worrying ar. Any advice pls?

Wrt to LNT, I have signed him up for a term. He left with 3 lessons before the terms ends. Erm...I would say the course is not suitable for my boy cos he is so restless! there are a couple of time he just threw tantrums and we have no choice but to bring him out of the classroom in order not to disturb the rest. We have a hard time prolonging his attention in the class. However, I saw the other kids...they reali can sit down there silently and enjoy the class. arrggh...i find myself wasting money :p

Hi Ling (lynndome)!

Long time no see!!! U're expecting ur 2nd one?? Tt's cool!

I also dun bear to send my boy to school yet.. cos I scare he kena bully there and dunno how to say..hehe..

Kayden is only drinking his milk twice a day! He will ask for milk the first thing he wakes up in the morning and the last thing before he goes to sleep and the doc says it's ok with this so I am not forcing him for milk.

Take care!
happy.gif

hi ju, kth, ling and angel!

ya really been lurking ard haha! :p

kth, hmm can say much more better in expressing himself but not really know hw to speak properly yet
happy.gif

ling, thats fast!!!
rejecting of milk is quite common for the 1st few days.. just let them be.. wait till they really hungry they will ask for it
happy.gif
no need worry too much ya..

angel, i oso tot of that coz he doesnt know hw to talk yet and mainly on baby language but they will know hw to express themselves more once they're in playgroup or childcare :p

ling: Good to see u here!!! Time really flies & u are going to pop soon! Rem to keep us informed once your ger ger is out
happy.gif
Give Sean some time to adapt, I am sure he will soon.

mei: Good to know that Ayden can say much more better after attending sch.

angel: How are you!! I noticed the mummies from the pioneer batch are coming in more liao!

Hi Mei2,

Caught me huh.. hahaha~~

I agree with you.. maybe they can articulate better when they go to school but if I can delay tt, I will! Haha.. give him more childhood days la.. the education road is long in Singapore..

I am very free now as I am serving my notice now.. tmr will be my last day of work and I will have a week's rest before I start my new job! So I can start posting here!

kth, @ 1st i was so afraid he cant cope with the new environment.. @ the same time wan him to learn more or kinda communicate with others coz if my in laws still lookin after him he will basically have little understanding of english
happy.gif

angel, keke :p i got no choice to put him @ centre coz MIL is looking after SIL's 2nd child hee scare she cant cope.. but after all they are still playing and not really learning anything beside singing songs and dancing ard :p

wow, the thread is alive again!

too many posts to catch up with.... just do a quick post.

nor,
nice pics as usu from Hart
happy.gif
post more in FB leh. Liz is so pretty, can be child model
happy.gif
he has a pre-mother's day promo coming up... tempted? hehe

tinsel,
sorry didn't have time to login, have replied your mail

Thanks babes, I can’t put up much pics in FB yet as I have not receive the original copies from Hart.. those I put up are with tomato.sg water marks, on loan from the online gallery lah..

Hart’s work speaks for itself, even if we dun promo here in smh..

Pre Mother’s Day shoot
Nah I treated my shoot as one so not going again so soon.. earliest I would go is July for Wairah’s bday

eh eh, no one post anything since yesterday...

i took urgent half day to settle my house thingy.. i sold my flat yesterday!!!

angel: No part assignment for you leh....anyway, congrats on your new job
happy.gif
Actually, I also agreed with you that education road is long in sin. They are also TOUGH & STRESSED!! So I assume you will not let your boy attending school soon?

nor: That's fast to sell your flat!! Think the economy may not be as bad as we presume. Congrats!

<font color="ff0000">HK Yoga</font> - for you HK fans!
and no, i did not buy it.. just thought i take a pic for sharing
happy.gif

2251204.jpg

thanks, it was indeed a fast deal.. buyer offered at valuation price and after considering the down-going market, i decide to let go.

i still earn some cash after the whole deductions, so its a happy week afterall
happy.gif

thanks Peck! have to sell fast cos the market is going down.. some ppl are getting offer below their valuation so i guess i can't push it.

eh, Jovan looks happy to be playing in the ball pit.. you went on play date or on your own?

nana...are u here? someone is gracing the strait times lifestyle today
happy.gif

angel,ling,ju,mei&amp;ichigo...nice to see you here

nor, congrats in selling your flat!

Eliz, you plan to enrol your kid at St anne? Currently my first one is schooling there and next yr will be my 2nd one. Already enrol her under sibling scheme and next yr will be my Cheylssa turn. Hmm so we can see each other in yr 2011.

Ling, congrats on your 2nd one.

nor congrats! that was a fast deal!

MAMA NANA i saw Lucas on the papers today!!
happy.gif
I asked Shayne if he remembers Lucas...that fellow just walked pass the papers. Bleh

Hihi...pai say ..MIA again...my boy having fever and flu on his 5th day at child care! I expect him to be sick but not that soon...doc told me it is normal for a kid to fall sick once or twice a mth when enrolled to CC :S
I can see my money grow wings liao.

Angel: Yup, my 2nd one on the way...keke..wana close factory soon mah...then now i realised it is jus a few days away b4 i go for my elective C-sect!!!! im counting down the days and getting nervous as each days pass......i know this is the 2nd time of delivery but dun expect me to enjoy the cutting process lor :'(

Mei2: How does ayden cope in the CC huh? He reject milk at the beginning too? Reali heart pain to leave him there ar...

Kth: rem i told u i wana buy the harness...i jus bout it over at the Taka fair at $19.90! I find it a bargain leh...think kiddy palace selling $29.90 instead.

renz : nice to see u too!!! saw ur sms...gonna reply u after this msg. heehee

4ever : thanks ya. long time no chat.

Sorry to intrude, I have 2 packs of mamy poko L size diapers to let go as my gal has outgrown the size, selling 2 packs(52 pcs) for $40nett. Anyone interested, pls pm me.

Thanks.

hello mummies

congrats ling on your #2!

wow...when you mentioned pioneer mums...i started wrecking my brain thinking who's who...i remember jules, yolksac, 4ever, renz, ling, mei, peck, elyn, bcube, bpc...the rest erm...can't remember le...v bad memory :p hey where are you all?

btw there's been another scam- the ped egg one...quick go read if kpo...bp organiser alleges s/he is a victim of supplier but everyone doubts so...read and conclude for yourself :p be careful everyone when buying online here or anywhere else

thanks for the info on using the rod. i'm not keen to use it on her so early...think veve's mostly cheeky but i dunno what to do with when she tears books deliberately :|

btw...has anyone progressed to letting their tods sleep in toddler beds? i think i need to convert her cot into a single bed already...prob need to use bed rail guard and maybe a mattress to catch her if she falls.

cheok...dun worry la...the tallest girl in my pri sch class has remained the same height ever since. they're all still growing and nothing's definite till adulthood :p

nor...congrats on the sale of your flat. was the buyer from SMH?

<u>Little Lady</u>
Last night i asked Wairah to brush her teeth and the little lady said “NO!” and look away.
So I assertively said “you have to brush your teeth NOW” and hand her brush to her.
She took her brush and flung it into the toilet bowl!!! I flipped! I can feel my ears burning as I stared at her!
Gosh!! She glanced but dared look at me after that. Then I saw her sobbing.
I squat down to her level and told her “do not throw it into the toilet bowl, understood?” and she mumbled “yesh”
I really don’t know how else to re-act with this little missy… sigh!
but on the lighter side of things, my tolerance level has significantly increased with the 2 girls on hand..

Bedebe, the buyer is from the agent’s contact.. I think some smh mommies did call my agent to enquire but I’m not sure if they did view my place.

hey, veve's been tearing books on purpose? how do you deal with that?

I went to kepo in the Ped Egg thread.. very “interesting” huh!
Moral of the story, there is always a risk in buying stuff online.. and the sellers also have to be aware of how garang the smh mommies.

nor: congrats on ur super fast sale!! i absolutely agree on the tolerance level part which u've mentioned...mine has also increased significantly!!! but sometimes really cannot tahan especially when k seemed to test my limits when i have repeatedly told her not to do a certain act.

bedebe: tears books deliberately?? how did u react? think its juz a phase, it'll pass pretty soon.

ling4016: wat time is kids' loft? mine's at 1pm. if we're in the same class, can go for chicken rice after class...lol

This story was published in Wan Bao

Attempted child kidnap at Toa Payoh Central!

Today, my dad and I brought my 2 kids to the Toa Payoh central. I
went to deposit money in the bank and my dad brought my children to
play the "floor stepping game". There were only 2 of them
playing there and my dad was standing about 1meter away watching
them. My dad told me that a aunty hold my girl hand and drag her away, saying "come we go home liao".

My dad didn't stop her immediately. He wanted to see what she is going to
do. When she dragged my girl about 4 steps, my dad came and stopped
her. This time she showed her true colors - she din know my dad was my girl's grandfather. She told him " sorry I'm in a hurry, need to go home" &amp; kept dragging my girl. My dad stopped her again and told her she was his grandchild. Another woman came and pretended to scold the aunty who was dragging my girl away &amp; then went in to the NTUC supermarket. Be careful as this might happen to any children. Always keep an eye on ur children when u bring them out.

bedebe
Megan has her own QUEEN size mattress on the floor beside my bed, but she will always crawl up in the middle of the night!!
Once she's asleep, i will carry her down again. hahaa.. Maybe i shd "shift" her to her room instead.

Tearing of Book
Megan does it when i read those flip books? I think its more of she being rough.
I'll just explain to her and express displeasure when she does that.
She seems to understand and gives me the sorry look.
5mins later, she's back at it again! Dang!!

Jenn
That's a very scary story!! I seldom leave megan to play by herself.
Usually helper will be ard but i must relate this to her..

Hi Jenn,

The 2 years old girl mentioned in the article is actually my good friend's daughter (Dillyis) My friend is quite active in another parenting forum.
From that incident onwards, my friend dare not leave them alone in public area anymore when her father is not around with them.

<font color="0000ff">bedebe</font>
And me! haha... I've been MIA from this thread for a long long time... seldom pop into this thread also as i've really been v occupied with work and handling 2 kids, plus (really no thanks) helper problems.

<font color="aa00aa">Re: schooling</font>
Hazel started attending full day childcare in Feb. It's already 5 weeks and she is slowly settling into the routine. Her elder bro is in the same CC, which helps to ease separation anxiety a little... yep I think a little only as my boy doesn't really know how to comfort her. She cries v badly in the morning when we send her to CC, and in the evening when we go to fetch her. Other than that, she is doing well, eating, sleeping and playing fine. Although I still very heartache to hear her cry (glad that the cranky period is finally over), I still don't regret sending her to CC so early. Her speech is quite developed now, being able to speak a proper sentence of 5-6 words at least.

<font color="ff0000">Nor,</font>
Nice shots of your gals!
We just had a photoshoot with Hart last weekend! Hee... just got the photos in the online gallery for selection. All the photos look so lovely, I'm gonna have a hard time selecting!

hello mummies

omg...such child abduction still exists! actually veve was also almost abducted at changi airport a couple of weeks back.

as usual, she didn't wanna hold my hand to walk...but i was just a couple of steps away. we were outside bengawan solo at t3 waiting for dad to make payment. one of three indian women smiled at veve while at the shop then they all left. a while later, that lady walked up to veve and carried her and tried to hug and kiss her. YIKES! but i was just an arm's length away. i quickly grabbed veve away and i was too shocked to shout at her. she walked away and i was still too shocked to say anything, then dad came and said he would have kicked up a ruckus if he were present. anyway, parents...hold onto your children tightly, dun let them out of your sight ever! it's crazy times...who knows what crazy things people will do!

abt book tearing...veve doesn't deliberately take a book off the shelf to tear. it's more like while reading, she mishandled the book and tears it a bit. BUT she doesn't stop despite knowing that it's not the right thing to do. she continues to tear thinking her mama is a dumbo or what. that's what gets me mad. one time i sat her in her highchair in the living room and made her face our bedroom doors. she went mama...open the door please :| (i was in the living room) tell me what to do with my cheeky fella?

eliz...wow...such a big space for megan! veve's in her own room half the night then she'll call for mama to bring her to my bed :| i'm scared when i remove the rails of her bed...she'll walk herself to my bed in the dark.

Hi all,

Me long time no "talk" also...

Really scary to hear such news. I really wonder what is the purpose of these people abucting our kids? Sell them in another country?? In fact I am very worried every time I hear such news cos my girl just loves to walk on her own not wanting me to hold her hands.

jenn/july_baby/bedebe: thanx for sharing on child abduction. can't believe its happening here!!! can they actually smuggle the kid out of Singapore? my girl, at times, do not like to hold onto my hands when we were out....must make sure I hold on tightly to hers whenever we're out now. Will oso highlight this to my parents &amp; hubs.

eliz: Queen size?!! hahah...my girl usually falls asleep on our bed, then my hubs will carry her to her cot which is oso in our room. dunno when should we start training them to sleep in their own room?

ling4016: 3-4kids oso good...lavina can then have more attention on each child.

Tinsel
Yalor.. haha.. Two Queenz in my bedroom. No space for anything else liao.
I'm also waiting for her to shift into her room. Do so nicely, for show only
sad.gif

harlooo mummies!
long time no see!
dun even have time to log in, so i'm not lurking ard ya :p

DOES any kid here is soooo "pantang" or cranky when they are near a preggie lady?? i believe lucas is so!
sad.gif
coz my sil is preggie now and we see each other almost everyday now.

nor,
great pics!

mamaa renz &amp; mamaa cheok!
haaa, yupyup it's lucas in ST.
haaa, funny shayne, simply bochup
happy.gif

how's he getting along?
dun worry abt his height, i think he might just have a growth spurt later!

ling,
wow u are gonna give birth soon?? wah din know that. congrats and take care!

bedebe,
hey, it seems that indians str from india likes to carry other kids and start smooching them! coz it happened to lucas twice while on the cruise that time, they just carry him w/o asking and start kissing him! i was totally stunned!

bedebe/Jenn,
thats scary story! Its really worrying now isnt it, coz they are too young to know better and yet at this age dont want us to hold their hands...argh...

I am lurking now lah..being the pioneer batch, so in semi-retirement! Heehee...

Nor,
whoa..you have a little missy there who knows what she wants huh?? Its tough at this age right? Was Liz like that??

Hello bedebe and nana....long time no see and chat....and thanks ya....
happy.gif

Im falling sick these few days cos my son spread his germs to me from child care....sighz...

Yes, nana...i will be gg for elective c-sect this coming sunday. Am getting reali nervous and scare now. Imagine cutting at the same place the 2nd time...oh my...eeks...ouch...*palm sweating*

Anyone gone thru before? Can help to calm me down? :p

Wrt to the kidnapping thingy, after reading, i immediately went to tell my mother abt it and reminds her to be careful when she brings sean out...haha...

Hello to all mummies out there. I am also one of the pioneer batch. paiseh... been lurking

Hi ling, still remember me? I already given birth liao. Its earlier than my EDD. All the best in coming Sunday.

Back