(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

Tinsel
I'm not sure of her name. Must check with hubby the address.

re: Coach Bag
Thankfully i'm not involved. Hope none of us is!

Shymz
Thanks. Really happy to capture that
happy.gif

A good one for the album. Hee..

Cheok
Potty for boys??? Sounds interesting!! Huh? Teach shayne to pee sitting down?? Sounds not right...

Nor,
aiyo you so naughty lah! Am lurking so make sure you continue to post!

been busy...

Toilet Training,
very interesting to know! I am still thinking if its too early but I guess better start now right?

<font color="ff6000">Mattsmummy</font>
A mommy from the other thread ordered and said the service from Gmart was prompt. I am checking how much she paid for the diapers. Will get back to you ok..

<font color="119911">Claire</font>
How much is the waterproof sheet from Robinson’s?
Just wanna compare as the BP is selling $35 for Queen size.

<font color="0000ff">Shymz</font>
I hope none of our mommies here are involved in the Coach bags scam.. any new updates on the seller?

<font color="ff0000">Cheok</font>
Hahahah! That is so cute lah.. I never thought of that since I have 2 girls.. but you’re right huh.. is it right to train boys to do the pee squatting? Don’t sound so right like Eliz said..
Something to ponder… maybe I can invent a boys version of a potty..

<font color="aa00aa">bcube</font>
wah madam, I post for you to read ah? Chey.. your turn to post so I read lah.. :s

nor: i surfed the gmart webby last nite &amp; like wat mattsmummy said, its kinda complicated.

cheok: i've seen it in one of the overseas spree threads sometime back. its a smaller version of a urinal.

hello mummies

short notes here and there

gmarket is like yahoo auctions...in fact it was supposed to take over yahoo auctions here then gmarket a korean coy got bought over by ebay or google i can't remember. but gmarket doesn't have an office here yet la...only 3 koreans sitting in someone else's office.

claire...congrats on matt going diaperless! i never would have the energy to start so early!

cheok...haha sama sama...SAHM and got endless tasks to do...where got time to do more laundry and clean-ups for elimination accidents?

actly i'm no expert in this but i think that it'll be easier for lil boys to be toilet trained sitting down first...so that they dun get confused when to sit or when to stand...just make sure you get a potty with a spill guard.

as for veve, i've taken my time to train her cos this lazy/busy mummy loves the convenience of the diaper. but i think now is the right time since she's more aware of her body and able to communicate more effectively verbally. she has had nights when she doesn't eliminate at all...only when i change her diapers the next day. yest i tried to get her to tell me when she needs to go to the bathroom...she was dry all morning and did a big dump on the throne (eh...i packed her potty up long ago...now i just sit her on the throne with her potty seat)...but come pm...think her memory got wiped out by her nap :p

eliz...are you getting the diapers from some TCM shop place?

yolksac...hello! yes we must catch up soon! wow another sab? i cannot remember liking a bag so much that i want 2 of the same :p (ok maybe the NF but then not anymore) haha shoes yes la :p

The thread is alive!

Toilet training: We're about 45% there I think, Ally is diaper-less during the day and some nights she stays dry as well. I find that when she's too engrossed in her play, she forgets and that's when we get accidents. So I usually leave a mop and pail of dettol in the bathroom and change that everyday. Now the problem is when we're out, sometimes she tells me she has to go and I'm not keen on putting her on public toilets. So I tell her, its okay just pee in your diaper and she looks at me all confused. *slaps head*

Bedebe
I am also enjoying the convenience of the diaper and also feels that Wairah is a little early for diaper-less condition.
Don’t wanna confuse the girl with “at home must pee in the potty; outside you wear diaper” situation.

Jill
Hey I was laughing out loud when I imagine the confuse look of little Ally when you said she could pee in the diaper!
My sentiments exactly.. I wouldn’t want to expose her to the public toilet as well.

thanks everyone for the info...i am still keen on procrastinating with regards to toilet training...cos i am moving out to my new place soon at punggol and would like to wait till then to start traning keagan...cos i was thinking if i started now with my current home and changed it later, keagan might get confused...or maybe just an excuse for myself to do it later...also i am not sure if my helper can monitor keagan properly in that aspect....another reason why i am procrastinating is becos i am due in july and was thinking i wait till then cos i'll be on maternity leave so can spend some time at home doing this....the downside is the diaper costs...if not by then everything is times 2...

i just recently downloaded a book from the net about potty traning which i have not started reading yet...and also bring keagan to the loo when my hb pees...hahah...hopefully he gets the picture of what the toilet is used for...cos i tried the very first time and brought him straight to the bowl, he got frightened and everytime said he was scared....i also tried taking his diapers out during the day and when he pees on the floor, to let him know it is wrong and have to tell us he wanna go to the loo...in the end he started crying everytime he pees on the floor...so i put a stop to that again...1 more thing about the potty is that he cannot take a dump sitting down....he has to stand up...strange though.....

mypreciouskeagan: Congrats on ur impending Number 2!!!! Another July bub!!! Great timing ;)

Contrary to Keagan, my girl would laugh wif glee when she hears me screaming the minute she pees on the floor....sometimes accidents happen when I decide to let her take a breather. Not only does she laugh, she even kicks the puddle as if she's playing in the rain!!! Now I'm beginning to wonder if my girl will be bothered at all wif her wet pants when time comes for potty training.

nor: how did u potty train Lis?

Er, i wanted to post the picture of the boys potty but not allowed here lei...

Shayne is now used to standing and pee lei..when we put him on the toilet bowl, he start to panic....

keagan mummy wah! Congrats! Biang, i think i need to my toes to count the number for 2009 babies liao! This year is hot!

nursery &amp; childcare Im absolute clueless in this. Someone mentioned that this is the year to enrol our kids for nursery next year? What is the difference between that and a childcare, or are they the same?

keagan
Congrats!! Another July baby eh.. nice!
happy.gif

cheok
just curious, why can't post the pic huh?
its considered like advertising is it?

tinsel elf
i will share later how lis go thru the potty training..

Morning ladies!!

I'm so happy.. Yty Megan only wet herself once the whole day!!!

She's able to pee in the potty.

Now i need to get a good potty.. Any suggestions??

Tinsel
Today can collect our M.A.C loots liao!! hahaha..
I'm heading to Vivo after work
happy.gif

cheok: next year is pre-nursery for our kiddos &amp; most of the schools' registration start this year. u would have to call the schools to find out their respective registration date. pre-nursery only lasts 2-3hrs per day whereas childcare can lasts for half or full day depending on ur option. in the case of childcare, there will be time for nap, bath and makan. parents who do not have anyone to help care for their kids when they work norm put their kids in childcare. pre-school education for kids below 7yrs is not compulsory in Singapore, thus some parents opt for home-schooling i.e. to teach the child at home themselves.

eliz: me going to collect later
happy.gif
y do u need to get another potty since M is able to pee in the current potty?

Tinsel
She's using the potty at my inlaws but rejects the one i have at home for her.
Think too shallow but the one at MIL's is so old fashion.

I DIY so nice for her somemore
sad.gif

2223597.jpg
2223598.jpg

eliz!!! i almost fell off my chair!!! M rejects ur work of art??!!! Hahahah!!! looks like she ain't so kittified eh!!! Aiyo, use the one which works la.

Tinsel
She will point to it and say "Kitty, nice nice" but won't sit in it!!

The one at my MIL was my hubby's hor. Go where to find?

thanks nor, cheok and tinsel-elf....

btw, where to find the little boy's urinal sort of potty?

to ask keagan to sit down peeing like kinda strange come to think of it...after all, it is like a girl thing to sit down and pee....

eliz, your potty very pretty...

eliz: wa!! antique potty!!! hahahah!!! ur mil so power...trust her to keep ur hubs' potty!!!

re rainboots: later i attach pix...i want to buy a raincoat, rainboots &amp; a rain hat(if the coat doesn't come wif a hood) for K...dun ask me y, suddenly juz feel like buying...gila liao. any lobang?

Nor dont know why SMH bar lei. The potty is sold by a local mother and her website is bay* (replace * with a 'b') supplies. I think they are competitors?

keagan as mentioned, you can get the urinal potty locally. Go to this website, <font color="0000ff">http://www.bay*supplies.net/</font> (replace the * with a 'b'). Click on "products" on the left side of the home page.

tinsel oh! Thanks for the clear explanation! I think you repeated this many times hor?? heee...

bedebe about your question on the cane. I actually bought one since shayne was 1 year old! Hahahaa! But i have not used it because i realised its not appropriate to use for this age. I would only use the cane if Shayne intentionally lie, steal, cheat, disobey etc...but at this age i trust that they dont purposefully do those things. If they seemingly do, its probably motivated out of curiosity more than anything. I think. So will put it at one side and save it for more severe punishments!

Nor
No worries.. hahaha.. No apology required.

Tinsel
That's so cute!!! Ex indeed.
Raincoat i do see ard but not rainboots and Hat! hahaha...
I'll keep a lookout for you..

Re: My MIL
She keeps everything!! Even my hubby's toys.. Fainted!

boy's potty training: I train Matt to do it seated down. I haven't any idea how to make him do it while standing since he's still too short to aim at the toilet bowl. Probably will go ikea and get the taller stool for him.

Cheok: The Peter Potty you recommended is so expensive. $199. ; P Mine is the baby bjorn potty. After training a few types, I find this the best as it's big enough and the height is good for Matt. It's expensive though but not as expensive as the Peter potty

<u>Lis Potty Training</u>
I started late for Lis, my bad - simply because
1. i wasn't eager to make her do the public toilet visiting;
2. i wasn't confident that she is ready becos of initial hiccups;
3. i did not have "exclusive" frame of time to train her and thought that even if i take a few days off, its not enough to get her "fully trained" within a week.

anyway, i can't remember exactly when we started, think she is 2+yrs, i bought potty, pull-ups and pretty panties with fairies prints.

told her that the pull up is like a panty and she cannot pee in in; must tell mommy if she want to pee and also introduce her to the potty aka mini toilet seat (MTS)

I ask her every half hour "wanna pee?", sometimes she tell me she pee already (with apologetic face); other times she will inform me she wans to pee and when we rush to the MTS, i took off her pull-ups, i found she already did the deed! chey!

was a long messy process, think 2-3 weeks or perhaps a month(?) and finally she was able to tell me her intention.

and we "test drive" with panties a few days. many accidents and spill control actions later she "graduated"
happy.gif

ok ladies... SOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a letter order from a lady.... BUT I DELETED off her number accidentally.... Hope she see my message.. and sms me again....

i got your letters for zara and ranae already... the stock just came in ...

cheers
irene

Nor! u are really good at summoning d mummies back =) now the thread is moving so fast again i have problem catching up ;p

Potty Training:
Wow! seems like u gals are good.. i simply dread the messiness of potty training. tried a few times previously but S just didn't like d idea of sitting in it, cried n fuss about it so we gave up. i hated cleaning up all d mess. good that some of u have helpers to do the deed. ke ke ke.

Coach:
phew! thank God the one my sis bought from wasn't tat person. wonder how is the case now..

Pre-school:
wa so fast have to register already... S is not even 2 yet.. gosh..

Eliz: your MIL so cute! kept your hubby's potty. i couldn't believe it. Think your customised HK potty is too nice to sit in so M prefers to admire it instead... hee

ichigo07: my hubs told me it was reported in yesterday's papers tat the coach organiser was arrested...hopefully all the affected mummies will still be able to get their full refund.

pre-n: got a place for K in marymount liao....went at 6.30am this morn though registration starts only at 8.30a.m.!!!! coz i gotta work at 8.45a.m., so have to make sure i'm the first few so as not to be awfully late for work. when i reached, there was already a handful of parents queuing...i was no. 8!!!

eliz: was very inspired after our msn last nite, thus going kiddy palace to get a nice potty...thanx!!!

Tinsel: thanks for d Coach update. really hope the mummies can get back their $. wow! so early and u r already no. 8! i can't believe it...okay we r living in SGP ;p

<font color="aa00aa">Bcube</font>
thanks.. i'm so glad i manage to capture that in video!

yes, i'll post in FB once i get hold of the pics
happy.gif

Tinsel
Oh My, U are the ultimate mama. Really went to Q at 6.30am!! And did u say u are no 8????
I've fainted!!

Potty Training
I also dread the mess! Megan wet herself many many times this wkend.
If no maid, i think i will give up too..
But she's good. She did not once pee on the carpet or bed. Phew!!

Nor
I also watch the clip. She's so cute!!!

eliz: no choice lei...gotta work at 8.45am la, if i'm not the first few in the q, sure late!!! alt. sat super sianzzzz

potty training: didn't start &amp; didn't buy potty coz whole family down wif flu
sad.gif

Eliz, thanks babe! Wairah will not be that open and cheeky around strangers.. she’s only like that with familiar faces.

Tinsel, Its no fun to have someone sick, more now that your whole family is down..
*BIG HUGS* hope you and family get better and well soon!

I have decided to come out of my lurking to distribute some stress to the July parents about registering our children next year for 2010 Nursery!!!

Man, these 2 wks are crazy as hubby &amp; I have been going for every sch that we are interested in to find out more. Even though I am not a Catholic, I have also been calling the few churches around my area to find out about costs and their programme. As long as they have good programmes, I dont mind actually. So far this is what I have gathered about registration dates. If I know more, I shall share
happy.gif

Oh btw, those who are interested in Marymount Kindergarten (mid-top range branded kindergarten), registration for Catholics was already closed last weekend. I got the info from my friend whose son is there.

1) Littleskool house international
(my 1st choice actually) - open house 21 March, Sat 10-4pm (got some discount on fees I think)

2) St Francis Xavier Kindergarten (Serangoon Garden Way)
PHASE 1 Registration Is Open For 2010
Playgroup (born in 2007)
Nursery (born in 2006)
Kindergarten 1 (born in 2005)
Kindergarten 2 (born in 2004)

PHASE 1 – 7 MARCH 2009, Saturday (for Catholics / siblings of current &amp; former students)

PHASE 2 – 28 MARCH 2009, Saturday (for public)
Registration time: 9.00 am – 12.00 pm

Curriculum includes:
Literacy Program (English &amp; Chinese)
Numeracy Program
Reading Program
Phonics lessons
Computer lessons
Bible-sharing / Story &amp; Rhymes
Art &amp; Craft
Science &amp; Discovery
Snack Time
Outdoor Activities

3) Nativity Church Kindergarten (Hougang)
April 15,16,17 (Phase 2 for members of public)

I believe most schs are open for registration this month &amp; next for babies born in 2007. This is already crazy enough, I cannot imagine how stressful primary school registration will be in 4 yrs time!

Tinsel
Aiyo, sounds bad. Now better mah??? Bad already when our tots down, if us too... Oh my!!

Livvie
Thanks for sharing
happy.gif

nor/eliz: thanx!!! better now...daytime not so bad, but coughing is really bad at nite lo. we had missed 2 weeks of lessons liao, hopefully can be back on track this week.

Eliz
I have too much on my plate to organize outing.. but I dun mind going.
At the water-play area, is there a place to change?

Nor
I also changed Megan on the picnic mat. Plus now she wearing Pull ups, can change standing up
happy.gif

Just cannot shower hor..

Back