(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">NOR!!!!!!</font></font>

Don't leave lei...already, this thread seems to be dying
sad.gif
Guess everyone's bz la.

But hor, juz now I kpokpo go peep the Aug'07 thread...VERY HAPPENING!!!! Maybe we should all migrate there? Hahahah!!!

eliz: ya, me oso bought some hk items from tat bp. u bought any hk stuff from MAC? me bought the purse mirror and a gloss...me not kittified la, but really cute lo!!!

<font size="+2">Yalor Nor, don't abandon us!!!</font>

Tinsel
How can i don't buy.. hahaha.. A frd brought back the blusher for me from US. Using it already!!
Ordered some from Tangs too. They are all so cute! Too bad cannot refill.

Took a very cheeky pic of megan this wkend. So love it! Hahaha.
2207529.jpg

hi mommies!

GOTCHA!! hahahahah! you all ah, so cute lah..

of course i have no heart to leave this thread liao.. but you all must contribute lah, dun leave me high and dry here.. wahahahah!

<font color="ff0000">Eliz/ Tinsel/ Yolk Sac</font>
oh yes, the August thread pretty happening, like this thread many months ago.. dun have to "migrate" there lah, post here can already
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Eliz</font>
aiyo Meg's so pretty! and look so grown up too (compared to Wairah)

Aiyo Nor, you notty notty girl! But it was a good way to get our attention la!

Have not been posting because there's nothing much to share. Maybe except that my boy is still very much like a baby as compared to the mature girls here!

Hey, is anyone keeping track about the police report on a Coach BP here? Saw it in the news and went to poke my nose into it. i really hope the mummies will get back their $$.

Hi <font color="ff6000">cheok!</font>
Post pics of your ah-boy le.. sharing is caring.. hmmm.. someone loves using that phrase, don know where is that mommy now.. mmmmm..

police case on Coach BP??
Eh what police case ah? Where to kepoh?
I always wanted to participate in the Coach BP cos the price is really a lot cheaper than buying off the store.
But I keep telling myself I cannot anyhow trust strangers with so much money.. that’s why I’d rather buy off the shelves or get my fren to buy from airport DFS.

hello everyone!

i'm back...for a while! been busy la...so much stuff to do...housework...cooking...clearing veve's mess...sometimes i wish i have the luxury of just sitting in a chair 9 to 5 :p

yeah...i saw the coach spree case last week before it made the news...hope none of the mums here are affected.

imho....never ever part with huge sums of money whether online or offline to strangers. whether newbie organiser or not, it's just risky to trust money you cannot afford to lose to someone you dunno.

i've always wondered if people are being too innocent, naive, trusting or greedy when they part with so much money for expensive goods. i always joke that if i ever organise say an LV spree, i'll go LV buy the orders and at the same time source for good quality fakes. i'll keep the real ones for me and my gfs and give the fakes with real receipts to my victims...wahahaha. who know's maybe that's what some of the organisers are already doing!

nor...you enjoying your coach tote? i'm also not getting the daimer nf le. the more i see it the more it doesn't grow on me.

btw anyone has started using the rod? veve is simply not scared of me...aargh!

Hi Nor,

Don't leave. Have been really busy. WIll be more active once this crazy exam period is over.

By the way, Hart is doing a bulk purchase. Very good deal. Go check it out.

<font color="0000ff">Hi bedebe!</font>
The Coach bags BP will definitely be an eye-opener to those contemplating to join those BPs (like me) and those who are affected.
Of course I do hope that BPs be a good avenue for all to get good bargains and the seller to gain a little if not much profit for their effort.

NO Damier NF
Yeah, well said, my sentimens as well! The more I look at it, the more I find its not for me lah..
and yes I’m enjoying my new pink tote, in fact I think I like it more now then when I first saw it
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">The Rod</font>
I am against using the rod for some personal reasons but I do smack their bottoms when the girls decide to push me a little further than they should..
Lis is scared when mommy starts to glare at her so no prob with disciplining her.. Wairah on the other hand is a little tricky, maybe like someone mentioned, the TT (Terrible Two) syndrome is surfacing..

<font color="119911">Renz</font>
hey ya, aiyo dun term me that lah.. just doing my bit to keep the thread alive..
I remembered the other time I accidentally msn you instead of Irene! lol!!

Speaking of which, <font color="aa00aa">IRENE</font> where art thou???

<font color="ff0000">Claire</font>
Happy marking exam papers!
oh yes I saw the BP for Tomato, I might get one for my best friend and myself.. see how lah cos I’ll be going for the shoot soon and even with the voucher, its still expensive if getting the softcopy.

hey gals!

eliz: I LOVE that pic of Megan! You really captured a great moment on film. That one is for keeps
happy.gif

nor: woman! don't scare us again. aiyoh, you had me worried there

bedebe: when I heard abt the police report, my first thought was "don't mess with the Singapore Motherhood mums! very fierce you know?"
happy.gif
hope the affected parties can get some restitution. very heart pain to lose that sort of money. my friend is helping me buy my second Sabrina (Coach) from NYC - I am so addicted, argh! eh sorry i haven't had time to email you re Shichida, really busy at work. we must chat soon.

claire/renz: hello gals!! good to see you here
happy.gif

eliz: nice grin!!

bedebe: i'm against the rod too...its juz a passing phase, tahan tahan abit &amp; they'll be angels again. i can still remember my mum using it on me and naturally, i didn't like it.

nor: i went to kpokpo the coach spree liaoz...total order of $30k &amp; organiser has only rfunded $8k+!!! heng, i dun really fancy coach &amp; i'm the old-school type....still wants to touch touch, carry the bag, thus have to buy from boutiques.

Hi mummies!! Been MIA for a while, think it's time to show face cos don't want Nor to resign...we need you!!! hehe..

bedebe: I have not used the rod yet but showed him once to Kaizer but he seems not to be scared. So better not waste time using it...I found that it is more effective if I just use my very firm &amp; fierce voice to scold him or smack him on his leg if he gets overboard.

<font color="0000ff">Yolk Sac</font>
hahahah.. I wouldn’t think of leaving you darling.. just make sure you drop by more often
happy.gif

wah someone’s been shopping for bags too!!

<font color="ff0000">Tinsel Elf</font>,
Yah imagine the spree-er was able to capture and collect $30k in 2 weeks!

<font color="0077aa">Kth</font>
Babe, have you ask yr hubby re: Maya Hotel thingy?

ME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe sorry been really busy with my ID hunting and home furnishing stuff....

on a good note! i comfirm my ID already... hehehe.... just choose my tiles last week.. but not sure when the hackng will start... but it is sooo depressing on the pocket side... sob2....i think i going to spend about 60K on reno plus furnitures and blah blah blah....

oh just a update :

going to put K into half day am childcare when i shift house... hehe... not sure should i continue with JG bilingual playclub..... One factor is cost wise.... coz i need to pay for my reno loan soon.... and 2nd.. i scare its a little too overwhelming for her since she has childcare from mon-fri.... what's your opnion on this....such a dilema now....

thanks kth! still cheaper then the maya hotel webby i checked out
happy.gif

Irene!!!
great that you confirm on your ID.. gosh thats an obscene amt of money you're investing!

nor : yeah......... scary figure huh!..... i am so dreading the time i have to pay my loans... need to shop less already...sob2

Irene,
yup scary! but considering you have quite a bit to do, guess its abt that figure lah.
so when are you getting the keys and starting the reno?

irene: good to hear tat everything's on track and u'll be able to have a pad to call ur own very soon
happy.gif

i'll be putting krissa in pre-n next year, so most likely will stop the current playschool then coz should be teaching almost the same stuff ba.

eliz: received my email?

nor: since ur putting ur apartment up for sale, i reckon u have found another already? where? move nearer lei....hehehe

<font color="ff0000">BLOG: apart from eliz, does anyone else have a blog? can share? contemplating of starting a blog for K to record her milestones coz realised our kiddos are growing very fast ...better late than never, right? but dunno how to go about lei....can anyone shed some light?</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Tinsel</font>
I’m currently putting up at my mom’s.. will eventually get a pad of my own to rent out to earn some cash.

Sorry re: blog, can’t contribute to how to start..
I also thought I wanted to start a blog for the girls but it just remains just a thought and nothing materialized since.

hi mummies,

not sure if you remember me...can i ask you if you have started toilet training or potty training your little ones?? i am not so sure how to start cos i tried 2 months back but not very successful....pls advise...thks

wow... nor, your summon for the mummies is really working well. Everyone is reporting. ; )

Cheok- Don't worry. Matt is as baby as ever. Can't talk much as still so blur and hyperactive.

irene: Matt will go to pre-nursery next year and will most likely continue with shichida.Well, I guess ultimately, it's how much time and money you can afford. Another thing is if Kaelyn is enjoying the class then I see no harm allowing her to continue her lessons.

re-toilet training
Mypreciouskeagan: Matt is about 80% trained. He doesn't wear pamers at home in the day and we only let him wear it in the night when he sleeps. However, yesterday, we decided to let him go without his pampers at night and he stayed dry through the night. Perhaps you might not want to let him wear any pampers in the day and bring him to the potty often. After a while, you will notice that he doesn't urinate in his pampers and somehow seems able to control his bladder. Actually, right now, he doesn't urinate in his pampers and we really need to make it a point to take him to the toilet or remind him about going to the toilet. The thing is he doesn't seem to always know how to tell us yet. Sometimes, I am actually quite worried as he can hold his bladders for hours if we forget to take him to the toilet!!!

Just be patient. Well, your son will soon learn. Have you seen any adults who doesn't know how to go to the toilet voluntarily. The only advantage for being toilet trained earlier is that parents can save more money! ; )

Claire: Wow! that's so great! Did you take time off work to train him or did your parents/in-laws do it? I think Ems is showing most of the signs of readiness but I do feel like I will have to take a few days off work to do this in earnest. My helper is already so overwhelmed, not fair to expect her to monitor this. Any thoughts or tips you can share?

Tinsel: I think blogger.com, livejournal, blogspot, wordpress etc tend to be popular blogs which people use. It's not very hard. Just sign up at the website and follow the instructions. It's very user friendly. You don't need to have HTML knowledge etc. I have no time to blog!
happy.gif
It's a great idea tho, you shld do it if you can.

irene: I think if K is doing childcare Mon-Fri, there's no need to put in the playclub as well (would that be on Saturdays?) - might be a bit much for a kid her age. but of cos, if she enjoys classes, then the more the merrier! ems now in mandarin playclub, twice a week. loves it
happy.gif

nor: never thought I'd see the day when real estate was advertised on WTS!
happy.gif
you are so cute!

Tinsel
Need help on blogging can ask me but hor, u know how my blog is lar, very simple.

Re: Toilet Training
I just started today!!! Hahahaa... ofcoz a long way more to go.
Luckily got maid to clean up as she goes...

claire: am impressed!!! r u a ftwm? how did u do it? any timetable or routine to share? how long did u take?

eliz/yolk sac: i've juz got my training pants and dunno how and when to start too. doubt my mum can help me train properly coz she's go another 2 more grandchildren to take care of. eliz, u good hor!!! got maid to clean up after M
happy.gif
i can already imagine myself holding on to a mop running after K!!!

YolkSac

Weeks before i started to read Megan a storybk on potty, Gal's version.
I also showed her the Elmo DVD on potty etc to prep her.

Today my maid let her wear training pant, bring her to the potty every 30mins.
When she 1st wet her pants, she was scared. We tried explaining to her and she "seemed" to understand. Hahaa..

Megan will tell us she wanna poo or wee.. She will wee alittle in the potty and then say no more.
But seconds later, she will pee in her pants!! Fainted!!

Just the 1st day... Hope will get better and she'll control her bladder better.

<font color="0000ff">keagan</font>
yes of course we remember you
happy.gif

I’m still a lazy mommy to train Wairah to do the deed using the potty. And like Yolk Sac, I would probably have to take days off to train her. Meantime I’ll just stick to diapers lah.

<font color="ff0000">Claire</font>
wow!! That’s very impressive of Matt!
Do you use any waterproof layer to protect your mattress from getting wet?
I saw in the BP section selling waterproof mattress protector, I did place an order but forgot to make x-fer for payment
sad.gif

<font color="119911">Yolk Sac</font>
hahahah! After I post I realize its pretty weird to put up in the thread but what the heck.. its up there and its personally mine so not advertising for other ppl.
i was thinking of putting up pics you know but not sure if this is allowed so i stop short at just giving the details..

<font color="ff6000">Eliz/ Tinsel</font>
wow! You gals starting potty training too? Update us on the development so that we can take notes
happy.gif

Update on Megan's pacifier
80% there! hahaa.. Now she only asks for it when she's sleeping.
Phew...

Yolksac
Just my 2 cents worth
happy.gif

mattsmummy
i really am not sure how to go abt ordering from tt webby i posted earlier. you can try, the price is worth it ain't it?

nor: thanx for sharing the link...will show my hubs tonite. K's using Huggies Dry Comfort &amp; the recent BP for this brand ain't so attractive...think hubs told me only $0.45 savings per packet, thus not getting from BP. hehehe...now u'll know i dun buy diapers;)

Tinsel
M also using Huggies Dry Comfort.
I didn't check out the BP but I got lobang for $15 per pack. Keen to tag along sms me
happy.gif

eliz: think $15 is the same price as BP &amp; gotta self-collect, thus not much savings for only $0.45/packet. ur contact sends u the diapers to ur doorstep? what's the MOQ?

Tinsel
Oh, Same huh? I self collect but at Tampines only.
I usually order 3-4 packs a time. Scared Megan will outgrown if i buy too much. Haa.
If you keen can tag along and collect from me
happy.gif

Nor, I've just tried registering. Apparently the prices indicated there are not final. It's quite complicated actually...one has to "negotiate' the final price....Anyway, decided it's too confusing so give up after a while....

Eliz, if I'm not wrong you're staying in SK right? I'm at Punggol and if you don't mind, can I tag along your order? I need 4 pkts of Huggies Dry Comfort size L. Maybe when we order enough they will send to your doorstep?

re: toilet training
Actually Matt started potty training long time ago. He's been going diaperless for quite a few months. I think since he was 12 mth old. So, as you can see, it's not an overnight kind of training. We actually just did it slowly.

Yes, I'm working full time so I depend a lot on my helper and mother-in-law to take him to the potty regularly. The training all smooth sailing at all. Initially, when we started him, he got the hang rather quickly but after a while he seemed to regress and started wetting the floor quite often. So, what i did was to take him to the potty and make him sit there Then I told him sternly that he has to urinate in the potty. After that I left him alone (but within my line of vision) for 5 min. After that, i will return to him and repeat that he needs to urinate in the potty and I make him apologise for wetting on the floor and promising to do it properly in the potty next time. We did this a few times and then we don't seem to need to do it at all and the feedback from my helper and mum-in law is that he doesn't wet the floor at anymore. I'm not sure if this is the best approach. You might want to try it.

Re: training pants
I think if you want to toilet train, I think it's better to just let child wear normal shorts. Get ready lots of cheap cotton pants at home. They are easy to change and comfortable to wear. Dedicate a cloth for cleaning up too. I just bought the training pants and has decided to let Matt wear it only when we go out and do away with the diaper.

Toilet training is a long process. Oh, I make it a point to take him to the toilet before he sleeps.

Nor: Yes, I have a waterproof sheet. I bought it from Robinson. It is a thin sheet. So, we always put it on the bed before he takes his nap. At night, we don't bother cos he rolls around and he hasn't wetted the bed since we started doing away with diaper at night.

wow, threading moving very fast

claire,
impressive! maybe i should let C go diaperless... but gotta warn my mum abt the extra work

re: coach bp
any updates? hope no one is affected here

eliz,
nice pic!

claire im so impressed! But thanks for highlighting that it is a looong process. Im a SAHM but im sooo reluctant to train Shayne! I am curious, does Matt understands when you tell him to pee in the potty? Or does he know how to communicate his need for the potty?

By the way, what kind of potty are you using? My husband asked me how to teach shayne to pee while seating down lei...i also don't know how. I know there's this potty for boys, it allows boys to pee standing up...wahahahha very cute.

Back