(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

DIY some hairclips for my little gal..
happy.gif

She's wearing a Hello Kitty clip..
2151232.jpg

2151233.jpg

bedebe: hope ur feeling better. i can imagine oneself being sick yet still gotta take care of the little one....kudos to all SAHM
kao_kiss.gif
recently, i have had serious thots abt turning full-time SAHM....see how la, i'm fickle minded, plans always change.

jillian: congrats!!! when's ur edd?

eliz: y izzit better to attend both lnt & shichida? apart from being "shiong" on our girls and our pockets, both schools conduct almost the same curriculum except ESP which lnt does not have & multi-language which shichida does not offer.

icegoh: cool!!!

Tinsel
Tell me abt it! Super shiong hor..
I also not sure ley. Some guy from the school talked to my hubby while i was in class with Megan.

eliz: where's the guy from? lnt hougang? very funny lo

nor/eliz/ice: i saw the foto-u vday promo when it first came out but my photographer(foto-u) dun allow lei....hehhehe....she said krissa took alot of pix liao. then juz now i saw the new promo for indoor/outdoor shoot, i'm going to book now but take the shoot in july when krissa turns 2...hehhe...this, the photographer approves...hahaha

Tinsel
Yup, from Hougang Branch. Tall skinny guy?

Really? He objects ah? So funny.. But hor, K really went for quite a few photoshoots eh?
Meg's ones all all mini shoots. I cheapo mummy, and like varity too.

Ice
You DIY clips ah? So clever... I love clips but don't know how to DIY, so buy and buy.

tinsel, u wan? I can make 1 for K..
happy.gif

i also thinking of whether to book the indoor/outdoor shoot.. but hubby surely says NO.. :p

ice: ur soooo sweet!!! will turn down ur kind offer though coz she has many(she has more than a mth supply of clips!!!) thanx for ur kind gesture. but can teach? it would be nice if i can self-make a clippie for krissa.

eliz: tall, yes...skinny, not really lei...aiya, up to u lo...but personally i would think one is enuff.

last time dun have mini shoots ma till hart/maryanne introduced...i like the settings too & price is very, very attractive.

tinself, same here... i have so much clips for her...

it's really easy, i also just pick up recently after reading a thraed on DIY hairclips.. even for a person like me who has zero creativity can do it.. :p

just need to buy some hair clips, ribbon, glue gun (optional) and here u go... glue the ribbon to the clips and u got ur DIY hairclips..
happy.gif

can also buy some accessories to stick on.. like those u see below..

2152710.jpg

Ice Goh,

Saw u have organise some overseas spree, Can I join in ? Pls provide me ur email address. Thanks

Tinsel- think the kids loft is quite psck cos Lavina only can get back to me next week. So got to wait.

icegoh: sounds easy but i prefer bows to embellishments. saw some tutorials online but simply too lazy. u know y i bought the gymboree curly clips? coz krissa's latest hairstyle is piggy tails!!! i would tie her hair using rubber bands, then clip on the band wif the curly clips for her....so cute!!! cannot use the curly clips directly on her scalp, sure painful.

ling4016: ya, one man show ma, so there's only so much she can do and i think she's bz wif the reno.

shymz: have u got ur kitchen set? elc has 2 models on sale but still ex after discount(5% if u use nets)....one costs $490 & another costs $500+....am going to join a spree and get a plastic kitchen set which comes wif iron, ironing board etc from usa for krissa to try out first. if she likes, then i invest.

tinself, when ur items from JCPenney Spree arrive, can let me the shipping charges.. if not too high, i also want to buy.. hehe..

ling4016. happy shopping.. (bad influence)...

Ice
Wah that’s pretty stuff you have! I used to make little clips for Lis but now no time and no space.. project put on hold.. heheh
happy.gif

Tinsel
The photographer rejected?! Really ah? So funny lah…
July is a good time to take the session in conj with bday month
happy.gif

bows like the HK one or the light blue one in the first pic.. actually also very easy to make.. just need to do up the shape (e.g bow shape) n sew it up..
happy.gif

we can always discuss more when we meet up.. n i tink u will love the HK design.. hehe..

my gal will demand me to put on all the hairclips, wont touch them, get daddy to bring her to the mirror, and immediately after that pull off all the clips.. then ask me to put on again... hahah..

i also trying to do the curly clips, but not as nice as those at gymboree...
sad.gif

nor, tks.. but it's reallie simple stuff that i know how to do.. :p

n i can only do it when she's sleeping, otherwise she will pull all the ribbons..

but it's reallie fun doing, rite?
maybe u can get lis to try it out too.. :p

Ice, what curly clips are u referring to? Got pics?

Lis enjoys doing all kinds of craft works together with me. But right now, she’s into cooking and I let her do some muffins and some simple tasks.
The other day we made beef burger patties from scratch, and of course this is done when the little one is taking her nap :s

tinsel,
saw the kitchen sets, but C didn't seem too interested (think she's more interested in the elc tool bench *faintz*) can share the pic of the one u are intending to get?
have u bought ur sand and water play table from elc? just saw the pics in the webby... where are u going to put it? hb will kill me if i brought sand into my house haha

ice,
i've recently been inspired to start making my own clippies (though i've just started buying materials) any tips?

nor: pic of a curly clip. gymboree named it curly clip but most bowtiques name it korkers.
2155239.jpg

good bonding time u have wif lis, i hope to do the same wif k when she grows older.

ya, funny right? rejects customer but makes me think she's got conscience lo...not all out to kill for the $$.

icegoh:
kitchen set from JCPenney - organiser said shipping fee may cost approx S$30.00. will let u know once its confirmed.

bow - i HATE sewing!!!! think u can open a class liao, me will attend lo. i want to buy streamers coz can tie k's hair now but almost all streamers are for older girls, think maybe..juz maybe...i'll diy.

shymz:
sand & water playtable - bought liao + 2 bags of sand. hubs oso complained of no space when i told him i want to buy but he raised no further objection after i told him it can be kept away after use. good buy la & sooo sweet, too good an offer to miss.

tool bench - no need to faint...its good for the kids!! u saw the actual kitchen sets setup at elc? i only saw the boxes, so can't tell for sure how big they are. hehehe....juz told hubs abt the much cheaper kitchen set i'm getting from spree & he almost fainted!!! but i told him tat there's a combo of other toys in the set and we can use this set to test k's interest before investing in a really good set, then he kept quiet...hahhaha!!!

here's the link to the set i'm getting: KITCHEN SET

The curly clips are pretty! OK I will get it for Lis, she loves these girlie stuff
happy.gif

Wairah will have to wait til her follicle department works harder :s

Oh the kitchen set looks fun to play!

Tinsel, at least the photographer show some conscience bah.. maybe its reverse psychology..?

<font color="aa00aa"><font size="+1">Happy Valentine’s Day to all</font></font>

shymz, it's reallie easy.. trust me.. the only tricky part is the glue gun.. have to control it..

tinself, i'm still too new to open a class.. just try diy... maybe u will fall in love with sewing.. hehe..

nor, the curly clips are pretty.. but my one n only attempt is not as pretty.. need to work harder on it..:p

Nor,
I saw those curly kinda clips at Funan (can't remember what floor, think it's on the Food Court level. Just next to the escaltors). There's a store that sells children's clothes, shoes, etc.

Oopps... I shouldn't have told you! Haha, if I had a girl, I could go positively mad in that store.

Have fun, and Happy Valentine's Day to all!

Hi mummies, HAPPY VALENTINE DAY.

Ask you all huh... how you manage to clip their hair or tie their hairs? Cheylssa will take it off... so everytime i don't bother to "decor" her hair

nor: get from gymboree...should be much cheaper. some of the curlies going for less than USD1!!! but their clip is the plastic kind. tried it on myself and it hurts abit coz u gotta press the clip down to secure it...would be better if u use it on piggy tail....no direct contact wif scalp.

nor/icegoh: kitchen set spree cancelled liao coz the shipping fee per set may set us back at $200!!! the hunt continues.....

4ever: k has been wearing clippies for a long, long time. initially she oso pulled the clip off, but everytime she tries to do tat, i would tell her she looks very pretty wif the clip and take her hand away gently. guess she gradually understood coz she doesn't pull off her clips anymore, puts on hairband &amp; very recently, she didn't put up a fight when i tie her hair. when i give her a clippie, she would literally put it on her head to show me where the clippie is suppose to be. persevere &amp; have fun!!!
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I'm also a July 07 mummy. I'm looking for nursery school (for 3yrs old right?) for my son. Heard that we will have to register them by this year for their classes next year, is that true? Have anyone of you register your kiddos yet? Do you know of any good nursery schools in Choa Chu Kang area? Please share!
happy.gif

Hi mommies,
How’s Valentine’s weekend? I don’t celebrate actually but was given a lovely surprise of hot pink roses bouquet.. *grin*

<font color="0000ff">Eliz</font>
Lovely V-Day photo shoot! Megan’s adorable as always
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Bedebe</font>
I bought a Coach tote, decide against the LV Damier after seeing it personally..

Anyone knows if I can use Takashimaya voucher at Coach store in Ngee Ann City? I may make another trip soon
happy.gif

Hi <font color="119911">preggy10</font>
Sorry I can’t help give much useful tips except this:
My girl fren sent her d’ter to Tumble Tots at CCK near the sports hall, she gave positive feedback.

Thanks nor!

Nursery is for 3 years onwards? and we have to register them this year? I'm really confused. Just heard from my friend that she has registered her son (March 07 baby) at Nanyang kindergarden but is no. 355 on the waiting list!?! That got me worried cos I haven't start looking for any school for my sonny
sad.gif

Nor
Thanks.. Did you see some shots megan was eating biscults? Really Fainted!!

Ice
Love the 2nd pic! I wanted to do that but thought Meg might be too big..
After looking at yours, i do regret now. hahaa!

Eliz, where's ur photos? i think u got ben rite?

she took one photo in the pail, also naked when she'd 6 months and now again when she's 19 mths.. haha.. see if i have the energy to find the photo and post them up tonite.. n we shall see the difference.. haha..

i got wai peng.. i know wai peng told me that the first 6 is hers, middle 6 is david and last 6 is ben..

haha, that's so funny,.. he din request to go toilet?

megan is such a sweetie.. esp the 2nd photo, the smile is so sweet.. she got such nice curly hair..

i tink this promo very worth it.. we got slightly more than 60 shoots..

how this compare to studio loft?

Ice
Studio Loft - Some of the balloons were abit deflated ah and i didn't really like the way Maryann speaks to clients when we asked her questions.
Luckily i didn't go for their Vday shoot.

Foto U is really very worth the money.
We got slightly over 100 pics!! Many which i'm very pleased with.

He did lar, after awhile.. After he came back, the pics were so many nicer!

Meg's curls can be very difficult to tame. Flying everywhere.

hi eliz
i went for ben's vday shoot too - just wondering yr shots were they touched up? or u just paid $50 on e spot on top for all the fotos returned, without touchup? he actually said we could take fotos then pay him via I-banking also at e end ..

we had also abt 100 plus pics after shoot but as he showed me e fotos via his digital camera, many were too raw &amp; not usable (ie baby eyes closed or someone was not ready yet &amp; looking away)

when he was taking fotos, his tummy was not playing up but by then he was really really tired &amp; no more energy left - it must have been a long day for him ..

Wah so many photo shoot pics to see! Nice!
Making me all the more excited for our turn at tomato’s new studio
happy.gif

wow, looks like the vday package was a good deal
happy.gif

tinsel,
is that the strawberry top K is wearing? she looks soooo cute with the curlies. i'm still waiting patiently for C's hair to grow out...

nor,
u took the package? i'm tempted again, after seeing all the beautiful pics

shymz: thanx for ur kind words...hehehe...ya, tat's the strawberry top. on hair...the day will come soon soon la...can buy and stock up first.

the vday package by foto-u was indeed a VERY GOOD deal!!! all the softcopies can be bought at only $100!!! though the package is over, think u can still get it...pm me for details if u want. foto-u's indoor/outdoor package is oso very attractive...booked liao and going to use when k turns 2.

ice/eliz/nor: once u start, u can't stop...hehehe...i meant taking nice nice pix for ur little angels, and there's so many promos to tempt us!

nor: u on a shopping spree?

eliz: as usual, megan's a natural in front of the camera, good shots!!! on 14/02, i notice tat k has kinda understood tat she has to smile and look into the camera when i call out to her when taking pic....well, at least she did co-operate on tat day lo
happy.gif

ice: i love the 3rd pic!!! like the mood in tat pic
happy.gif
is tat one of ur ai(4) xin(1) clippy? me not going to diy streamers coz have to sew...already ordered the streamers liao

Back