(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

Eliz: Yup, correct...MJ!!! Hahaha....next time can organise game wif u, me & Tigress. No HK la, only Elmo, Dora Spongebob..mine not cartoon character..bought for S$55.00.

Jete: Thanx!! Will check out Kiddy Palace since got discount card. I would not buy Bee at its retail price but at S$549.90?? Its a steal!!!

Irene: Ubi not big, so ok. However, pls gimme a tinkle a day before...in case I forget
happy.gif

Tinsel
He he he... talk about the ball. me also phobia liao. Last time bought for my 'lao-da'... he throw everywhere, end up me be the ball picker. I QUIT from then on.... NO MORE!

Tigress
Lose fat in the tummy ah..... other than professional help, like Infra-red slimming, and yoga, don't think other method will help.
happy.gif

Peck
Regarding bringing baby home early during 7th month, it's really believe it. I was 'ti ki' with my 'lao-da'. Brought him go out jalan jalan and went home only at 11pm. End up, he cried straight for 4 hours after we reached home. Subsequently.... everyday at 11.30pm sharp, he'll start crying till 3.30pm then will fall asleep. I broke down and begged my brothers to help. He then gave me a charm to hang it in our room. My second brother gave me a 'fu' to place it in his pillow. That was only when he managed to sleep through. I will never commit the same mistake again.
sad.gif

<font color="ff0000">Add me in Facebook!</font>
[email protected]

<font color="ff0000">MSN</font>
[email protected]
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Wow.. the thread is active again.

stroller: The bugaboo bee is really so tempting to have. Trying to convince my hub to get it but we've already got a peg perego P3 and Maclaren volo at home! I think it's a losing battle. :p

good morning mommies!

no time to drop by the thread yesterday cos my dad complained of chest pain and was admitted to NUH
sad.gif

went to visit him and got home pretty late so i'm now a walking zombie in my lab..

balls
have always been tempted to get those but considering the same tripping hazards it may cause to my parents or even herself (wairah) so no balls for my sprinter. she will have to just enjoy ball play at fidgets.

My company block facebook website, so I can only confirm the request from home. So those mummies who added me, please wait for my confirmation ok?

Shym, I'll send you the funny video of Jowen &amp; Celeste by this weekend. I left the softcopy in my laptop at home.

Eliz &amp; Tinsel, I'm a super mj fan. My gynae told me to be admitted by 11PM, I played mj till almost 11pm then rush to hospital. Everyone says I'm crazy, most mummies would be very anxious of the BB arrival and yet I still got the mood to play mj
happy.gif

I need advise from mummies here. Jowen seemed very selfish about sharing his toys. I brought him to his cousin 1st birthday party last weekend, and he threw a toy at his cousin just because his cousin took another toy away from him. I scolded Jowen, and told him not to do it again, but he threw tantrum and used his head to knock on my forehead and also wanted to bite me. What should I do huh? My boy is so bad tempered.

<font color="ff6000">GOod MOrning Mummies</font>

Nor
Hope your dad gets well soon.
Me too today like a zombie.. don't know why..

Tinsel
You are fast, get the balls already. Its quite cheap eh..
Haa.. Ya, i also know no HK lar.. Not easy to find.. Not trying hard to find either.. Lol.

Tigress
I think they aren't the age of sharing yet..
Best to let them have each a toy.. But i'll try to explain.
Megan too is very bad tempered and worse, got 2 of the same toy, she wants both!!
Sigh..

Morn Mummies!

I'm a zombie today too.. Jolovan woke up at ard 2.45am n refused to go bac to slp. He was so active n refused to lie dwn

I fed Him sme milk, applied detinox n ruyi oil on his tummy n stil he refuses to go bac to slp

at 4am i gave up n ask hb to on wheels on d bus for Him.. finally he guai guai lie dwn n promoptly went bac to slp

i'm so tired! he used to b able to slp thru.. but these few weeks he'll do a wake up stunt like tis n i'll b zombified for d rest of d day

NOR SOrry about your dad. Hope he'll be better soon!

BASH WOW, looks like a whole load of fun! Im sorry i missed it, had to cos Shayne developed false measles but he is fine now. Ironically, he may have gotten it at fidgets!

Advice needed How do you mummies entice your bubs to drink water? The moment my skinny monkey sees the bottle, cup etc he would turn his head away.
sad.gif
He prefers only breastmilk. tried to give him juice yesterday but he also refused after a few sips, cant even finish 60ml!

Nor: I hope your dad is alright. Hugs babe!
happy.gif

Tigress: I sometimes think that these tantrums come about from our babies inability to vocalise what they want. Hence the only way Jowen knows how to show you he's upset is by knocking your forehead and trying to bite. My daughter will scream sometimes and get upset but I usually just take her away and try to distract her with something else.
My hb and I make it a point to never give in to her tantrums cos we know we're going to set ourselves up for more trouble later on. Just my personal thoughts, hope it helps.

Cheok: Glad to know that Shayne is alright. Ally had false measles earlier this year as well and I think so did a bunch of other kids in the forum as well.
Did he develop a bad rash once the fever broke?

jillian yep, the rashes appeared after the fever subsided. THank God, the rashes are not bad nor do they itch. It only looked ugly! Im just glad it was nothing serious! The down side is it affected Skinny monkey's appetite. He is already so small-hence my new nick for him, appetite's been poor, now this makes it even worst! Im more worried about his weight though pd says he is not underweight.

Nor,

Hope it's not a serious episode with your Abah. If you're that tired, take 1/2 day and rest?

Cheok,
Shayne's much better! Thank goodness. LM had a similar one earlier this year, false measles too, but very little. Went away very quickly.

Nor, hope your dad is ok now.

Dorami, *high five*. Matthew had also disrupted our sleep in the last 3 nights. He would suddenly wake up screaming his lungs out and it'll take a long time to put him back to sleep. Not sure the actual reason - teething? Nightmare? Seventh month? Sigh!

Cheok, have you tried giving Shane slightly warm water? My monkey also doesn't like water but he'll drink some if it's warm...maybe he thinks it's milk?

MORN..MORN...MORN
happy.gif

Hahah...me very energetic coz slept super early(in my context) last nite.

Nor:
Hope ur dad is alright now.

Jete/Eliz:
I'm the very kan cheong type la...once I've decided on something, I would want to settle it fast. The balls not ex, so bought immediately lo. The earlier I buy, the earlier my girl gets to play
happy.gif

Tigress:
Think it would benefit Jovan to have playmates so that the culture of "sharing" can be cultivated thru play. During the day, Krissa has her other 2 little cousins (2.5yrs &amp; 1+yrs) for company and on weekends, she attends classes with other kids her age. During class, the kids will take turn to play with different toys/instruments. Also, I have read parenting books which advise against using negative words on children. E.g. instead of saying "Keep quiet", we can use "Softer please". I'm still trying to perfect the skills though. At times, I also buay tahan my girl but gotta endure, endure, endure....

Cheok: How heavy is Shayne at the moment? If his PD says he's not underweight I won't worry so much. Sometimes the more we stress about something, the worse it gets! I use to be really strict about Ally's nap times but now I'm like " if you dont want to sleep then don't sleep" and the little monkey has been going down for her naps like clockwork ever since!

mattmummy: me wasn't able to make it for the birthday bash that day, so it wasn't me in the orange top ;)

nor: so sorry to hear about ur dad. hope he gets well soon and you take care too!

Jillian/Cheok:
My girl had viral fever &amp; false measels abt 3mths ago...very, very worried then 'coz her temperature was really high and kept fluctuating. She will be ok at nite, then hi fever in the morn. Gotta keep sponging her. At that time, I thot my girl's skin gonna be ripped off by all the sponging!!! After the fever subsided, a rash broke out and being first time parents, we freaked out &amp; luckily, after calling PD, he assured us got rash, no fever. Phew...but the 5days was nerve wrecking!!!!

mattsmummy.. jolovan doesnt wake up screamin.. usually he juz sits up n wake me up n gif me a silly grin when i open my eyes.. tis happens 1-2 days a week.. can faint

last time i wont offer milk but juz water.. but d last few times he woke up he actually finished d milk i made so am wonderin whether he's hungry

cheok...was thinking of you and shayne yest. glad that he's better.

you know veve has never been a huge eater so recently on top of the usual meals, i've been topping her up with snacks at every available interval! she still does liquid breakfast but almost immed we'll head off for morning snack which is usually cereal w apple/cow's milk/yogurt followed by a couple of cookies. 2-3h later it's lunch- porridge/pasta rounded up with fruit/cookie and milk feed. another 3h later it's pm mum mum time...could be bread/cheerios/cereals/cookies/fruits or some leftover lunch + milk. dinner time is another 2-3h later...usually porridge/pasta + some cookies. just before bedtime which can be 1h after dinner, i'll top her up with cereals and cookies then after her bath, she'll get her milk feed. while she's eating a lot more than before, she HAS NOT STOPPED waking up for milk
sad.gif
but i'm rather pleased that she managed to put on weight 200-300g despite her active lifestyle. oh btw i discovered veve loves raisins. she'll eat anything with raisins added to it!

jillian...i also thot of you last night :p cos it's 7th month le...i was thinkng to myself...whoa...you must be celebrating your anniversary sometime now :p happy anniversary!

tinsel_elf...glad you got what you want. now i'm being tempted by the volo. so cheap! $130 only!

nor...ooohh...*hugs* sounds like there's a lot going on in your house now. hope your dad gets better soon and your maid woes begone. take care!

abt waking up at night. last night veve woke up screaming! cried until can puke type which never ever does...dunno what's wrong with her...offered her the boob she refused and wailed and wailed until i think thirsty then reluctantly drank :| not sure what happened.

btw wha't fake measles like? veve seems to be falling sick
sad.gif
oh and she had her chicken pox vaccine. pd warned that fake chicken pox symptoms will appear 2-3 weeks later- rash, fever :|

anyway i was thinking back to this time last year (haha...seems like i've been thinking alot) our babes were still young and i noticed veve kept staring at the ceiling or blank space and it was 7th month...anyway...so far what i've found unusual in her behaviour for this spooky period is that she's reluctant to have her walks downstairs. she'll stay close to me or rather be carried...very unlike the roaming monster who tears through the house...wonder if it's 7th month

eliz...i'm a closet HK fan too...hubs tried to ban HK in the house but haha when i found out we're having a girl...the first book we got for veve was HK's what will i be a to z book :p on our recent trip to japan, hubs got veve a HK Kawai toy piano and 3 HK soft toys, HK toys...bo bian...when veve sees HK she gets all so excited...she'll go OOOOh Aaaahh... :p

bdebe
So many HK toys? Veve's a lucky gal!
LOOks like i really need to make a trip to Japan soon..
Megan got quite a few HK toys for her birthday too.
Hubby wondered aloud if its Megan's birthday or mine!! Haaa..

7th mth
The way you describe, quite scary ley..
So far Megan is fine.. *Phew*

hey bedebe,thanks for thinking about us! Fake Measles starts off with fever usually below 39 (but some can go as high as 40 though). The real ones, as i was told by the pd, fever is usually very very high. I think the feverish period was the most worrying because you dont know what infection they are fighting against and i had to wait for 3-4 days to determine what was going on. I was most worried that it was UTI or something. After fever, the rash will appear. Erm, false measles are caused by entirely different type of virus from the real ones. Cant remember how else to differentiate the real ones, pd did mention but ah, i threw it out of the window. aiyah go google la! :p

Actually, Shayne has been waking up- wide eyed lately too. He has never been like that. These few nights he would be wide awake..no milk feed can put him back to sleep. He just wants to stay up. BUt thank God, we can just ignore him till he gets sleepy. I thought it was the measles acting up but no leh, everything is back to normal he is still like that? *scratch head*

good morning mummies...

could i just check with you.. my boy took some fm and within 5mins, he will get rashes round his mouth. this is even after cleaning/wiping.

the rash will last the longest 15mins. therafter no more rashes.

does this mean he not suitable this brand?

thanks for your help!

hey everyone, thanks for the well wishes for my dad; appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers!
happy.gif

i don't really have time to go thru the posts in details tdy..

someone ask about tummy fats?? try tamarind + turmeric + rock sugar conconction, it helps me
happy.gif

oh just to share Wairah's new "skill"

She can now spin round! So cute! When I say "turn round and round", she will stand on the spot and spin herself round
happy.gif

Nor
That must be very cute!! Wairah is really a fast one..
Megan still refuses to walk..
Even when i hold her hand, she walk a few steps and sit down already..

jillian oppps i didnt see your last post for me. Shayne is only 7.6kg (after the measles).
sad.gif
very light hor? He has not tripled his weight of 8.45kg. Arrrg, i get particularly stress when i see bubs younger than him are equal his size or twice his size &amp; the comments about how small he is! if he eats fairly well i dont mind but he rejects his food AND water-double whamy. Nowadays its just 2-3 spoonful of feeds. even the little i prepare, he cannot finish it. Extremely frustrating!! but before the measles, there was a period shayne ate well..until somebody pressed the reset button, im back to square one. arrrrrrg...

susu hey!!!! nice to see you pop in. thanks for the assurance. It seems that most bubs kena false measles hor?

Hi Nor,
I also cannot add you in the facebook. It shows that you have not register.
Hi Cheok,
My boy is also around 8kg. He needs time to recover. Not to worry. You can give him more meals rather than one full bowl of food.

Good morning!
tinsel_elf
monkey see, monkey follow! I found out last night that Wairah saw Lis dancing and spinning around and do the same.
happy.gif

shannon
eh so wierd leh.. nvm i try again another time. i've no prob adding the rest leh..

Volo
you gals are aware that Volo can't be reclined right??
thats the reason why i didn't get it and got the Quest instead.

weight
Wairah is 8.8kg.. lost a bit of weight since she started her "Olympic torch relays"!

can i check how much milk are the bubs taking in now?

Wairah is taking 5oz to 6oz (~150 to 180ml); 5 times a day - 6.30am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm and 10pm.

sometimes she skip one milk session in the late afternoon if she eats more solids.

Morning ladies!

Tinsel
I like!!! Who got lobang to bring in??

Irene
Its ok lar.. HK is never enough for me. Haaa..

Weight / Milk intake
Megan's only 8.4kgs
sad.gif

She drinks 120-140ml each time only - 7am, 2pm, 10pm &amp; 2am

She gets two meals of soild food like porriage or pasta etc.

Jacob Ballas Children's Garden
I know this is last minute but was thinking of taking the girls to Jacob Ballas Children's Garden @ Botanic Gdns this sunday. Anyone interested to join us?
happy.gif

Nor
Heard its nice there.. What time u heading down?
I will see if my hubby is up to it. He would have just came back from his reservist.

Nor: I'm keen!!! What time? My girl got Kindermusik at 1pm @ Tanglin Mall(nearby) lei, oso gotta check with hubby. Monkey see, monkey do? Yes, yes, when Krissa gets on her fours to crawl, her little cousin of 2.5yrs who can walk perfectly well, got down on his knees and imitate her too!! Volo: I'm aware cannot recline, thus did not consider even though the neon pink is so HOT!!!

Irene/Eliz: Not evil la, nice stuff must share ma
happy.gif
I'm oso getting a set!!!! This set is from Toys 'R Us (USA) &amp; I'm joining an overseas spree to get it. However, the organiser warned that the shipping fee for this item may cost around S$10.00(cannot confirm amount till shipping fee is in from CGW). Do note that its juz an estimate, shipping fees may go up, may come down. Apart from this HK set, me oso getting a Piglet rocker(Winnie-the-Pooh) &amp; a Crayola stuff...though worried abt shipping fee, still going ahead 'coz cannot find it in local Toys 'R Us &amp; I can't organise any spree too
sad.gif
The exchange rate is 1.44 if I remembered correctly. U sure u want? I can either order for u or can give u the link, then u liaise wif organiser directly.

Eliz/Nor/Shannon:Seems like my girl's the heaviest then...her last check was abt 9 or 9.2kg. She's now on Friso 3, 180ml per feed x 4-5 feeds per day + 2 meals of porridge/macaroni.

Cheers!!!

Nor: Ur really very independent...always bring ur girls out all by urself. I've never brought Krissa out by myself..not even once!! Can't imagine myself lugging stroller, diaper bag etc...scary, scary. Maybe I should really muster enuff courage to try it when my Bee comes in
happy.gif

Back